Training I still don't want to be here
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 2935

"If I can't move the heavens above, I will move Hell"

Sah nodded, feeling better now that he had some information to work with. Deimos gave solid advice and Sah could find no fault in his reasoning. The more Sah learned about this world, the better his chances of both surviving, and maybe getting his wings back.

"Getting a better grip on my situation before bothering a brand new pantheon of gods seems like the best bet. As for doing so, was it just my imagination or are Outlanders considered...unsightly or something? I overheard a few conversations and the gist of what I got was that most people weren't the biggest fan of them. As for training my magic, any advice? I doubt the lessons I was taught in my world apply here." Sah rattled off a few questions to try and come up with a base plan for what to do next. He understood that he needed to learn and grow here but he was at a loss. Before coming to Caido, Sah hadn't even known how humanoids physically grew, much less how they were supposed to increase their magic.

sah
There stood the wolf in the winter wind
Full of fearsome might
King of the winter night.
-Tim Vallie

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
DEIMOS
And in your darkest hour,
I hold secrets flame
Quiet again while being immersed in inquiries, the Sword remained unbothered. At least the other man’s temper seemed to have dimmed, and he was capable of taking assurances, sagacity, and advice; there had often been those far too eager to grate against the bones and enamel of a world they knew nothing about, instigating derision and sedition immediately. Deimos had always thought it best to survey, to learn, to gather information and intel, before seething towards an opponent, or some other outlier in this case. Folding his arms over his chest again, the crackers long since finished while Sah uttered his thoughts, the beast forged onward again, the rumble ricocheting through the parlor. “We are not held in high regard.”

Because Outlanders hadn’t been – new and fresh, ignorant and misguided – yearning to change and alter things before they knew or comprehended the worlds and voids before them. “But in my experience, most Naturals are willing to guide those ready to listen.” He’d had many willing and able to help, to aid, to provide some assistance – and then he’d been capable of returning it, of exchanging those parallels.

The last portion nearly made the monolith snort – mostly because of where they stood, and the role he represented. “I can train you.” Hoards of incantations, enchantments, and abilities were at his disposal, mastered and infinite, and he’d always extended a modicum of their strengths into establishing others’ dominions.
master of nothing place;
of recoil and grace
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:

"I suspected as much. Frankly I'm not sure how welcoming I would have been had the positions been reversed." He admitted, knowing full well how ah, territorial his kind could be. It gave Sah some reassurance to hear that some Naturals weren't as adverse as others. Maybe he'd be able to find a few to teach him cultural norms? Sah had had a few incidences already where he'd unintentionally insulted someone. It had been rather difficult to diffuse the situation given that he still didn't know what he had done wrong.

Sah noticed the amusement on Deimos' face before he offered to train him. He had completely forgotten that they were in the barracks. But he had never expected the General of Halo to make such an offer. "I understand that you are an abandoned as well, but as the General is that wise? Are you truly willing to train an unknown? I'll be the first to acknowledge that I'm not much of a threat in any shape or form in my current state, but with training that could change." He questioned curiously.

Call him paranoid, but Sah would never have accepted an outsider as fast as Deimos just hinted at doing. Perhaps he was planning something? But if he was genuine in his offer, Sah couldn't possibly refuse the opportunity. However years of survival instincts and leading his pack had left him suspicious of what Deimos' true intentions were. He hadn't given Sah any reason to doubt him thus far, but could he truly put his faith and trust in this stranger?

sah
Full of fearsome might
-Tim Vallie

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
DEIMOS
I hold secrets flame
Things had been much the same in Helovia, in the Basin, the way territories, kingdoms, and sovereignty had treated other worlds with similar dispositions and suspicions. Unless the individual had been recruited from elsewhere, welcomed in some other charitable fashion, their guards were up – prickly, nettled, thorned, wary, heeding because of the potential circumstances around it. In some contortions, Outlanders had been a threat to anything and everything the Naturals had embodied and strived for. And perhaps they’d been right. Barriers had come down. Demons had been destroyed. Life had been opened up – along with every other terrifying nuance.

The speculation and skepticism sent his way, however, caused the briefest furrowing of brows. It was comprehensible, understandable, given strangers’ ilks and experiences, to not trust the Sword. They didn’t know him. They didn’t know what he’d done here. They didn’t know what he accomplished (sometimes he didn’t either, to be fair). They didn’t know how he orchestrated safety, how he strived to protect, to shield, to ensure those within his realm of responsibility were fortified. His offers were eternally genuine because of what he’d done in his multiple lives; fostering collaboration and camaraderie on the battlefield, bolstering defenses in heartlands, seeking out precision, might, and assaults when required. “If we do not help one another, then we do not make it here.” Especially in Halo – where the environment alone could easily destroy.

A true monolith now, upright and commanding, his features rendered back to their reticence, muffling the snort hidden and tucked away in the back of his throat. “I have trained many, regardless of race. It is about strengthening individuals and fortifying our land.” In whatever capacity they yearned to maintain – healers and crafters, soldiers and sleuths, spies and daggers, masters of their roles and reigns.

As far as ominous, forbidding individuals of the future? Deimos was not one to underestimate anyone – he’d learned that quickly in training for war, flattened on the ground or obliterated by a comrade in basic intervals. Whether Sah would be one of those could only be by compelled by time and instances, experiences, growth, and immersed thoughts, along with whatever the hell managed to happen in these worlds. No smirk or snicker beheld, the beast merely cast off the statement. “Threats are dealt with.” He’d leave that up to Sah’s interpretation.
master of nothing place;
of recoil and grace
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:

Sah found the dynamic of the humans of Caido, particularly of Halo intriguing. They treated each other almost like a pack, just less personal. He'd seen humanoids in the past with similar attitudes. Perhaps it was a survival adaptation given their lack of natural defenses? Aiding and strengthening each other so that their entire civilization was strong instead of their individual family and friends units. Regardless of the reason why, this concept seemed to be working in Sah's favor which he was extremely grateful for.

Deimos' response to Sah's hypothetic future made him crack a genuine smile. Now that was the kind of answer he could respect. "Good." He stated simply, still grinning. "If you are truly wiling, I'd be honored to train under you." Hopefully with time his magic would truly feel like his own again.

sah
Full of fearsome might
-Tim Vallie

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
I hold secrets flame
The slightest arch of his brow gave way at the smile – not expecting it, given all of Sah’s mercurial intonations and platitudes thus far. It permitted him to choke back the lightest of snorts, maneuvering away from the table, a tilt of his head in perusal and study again. “I do not make empty offers.” True to his word, to his vows, to his assurances, to his convictions, keeping them as best he could while the world wore away at their edges and fringes. He wandered towards a nearby closet now, digging through several furs, before plucking one he thought might fit Sah, and tossing it over before a refusal or argument became imminent. “You can pay me back by helping with the roof.” A pair of gloves followed the furs, and he was already opening the door, presuming the stranger would follow along, the barest hint of mischief circumventing his entity.

And then his head twisted over his shoulder, gazing back, waiting. “Was there anything else you wanted to know?” An overwhelming world, but given time and experiences, given growth and potential, it wouldn’t be nearly as immense – though, usually something else happened thereafter.
master of nothing place;
of recoil and grace
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:

Sah caught the furs and gloves with ease. it seemed some of his reflexes at least had traveled with him to Caido. He quickly put them on though he did have to glance at Deimos for a moment to gauge exactly how he was supposed to wear the offerings. Clothes were still a bit new to him after all. The gloves felt especially odd, given how they slightly restricted his fingers' range of motion. He made a fist a few times to get used to the sensation. Properly dressed, Sah followed Deimos without complaint.

"I'm sure I'll think of more, particularly ones about uh...being human. I've only been here for a week and I'm still struggling with some of the basics." He stated as they got outside, rubbing the back of his head with a scowl. "For now though, apart from humans being omnivorous, needing clothes to stay warm, being diurnal, and needing around 8 hours of sleep a night, are there any other key things I need to know or do to stay alive?" He asked, somewhat awkwardly. It felt incredibly bizarre to have to inquire about basic survival requirements but this body was just so different from his original one.

When the returned to where Sah ran into Deimos, he paused. "So the roof is what you were working on earlier." He noted, trying to burn the word into his long-term memory. "How can I help?"

sah
Full of fearsome might
-Tim Vallie

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
I hold secrets flame
Zuriel slipped out behind him and Sah, escaping her warm hearth, likely because she believed he’d find a way to maim himself again. With her watching from below, Deimos had no fault or issue with claiming a second ladder leaning against the far side of the building, and placing it near the one he’d already established. He listened all the while, curiosity lingering between the slates of motions and notions the fellow Outlander explained – being human. He’d caught a few bits and pieces from before, namely pup and other explanations rendered, pondering how the Voice had procured animals, and brought them forth here to become something else entirely.

At the list of basic essentials and needs, the beast snorted. “Water.” The briefest glimpse of a snicker tipped into the edges of his mouth, before he was on the ladder again, climbing up a few rungs, waiting for Sah to follow suit on his own propped up steps. “What were you before?” Past lives, sliding in and out of memories, not in the same accord as resurrection, but another semblance, another twist and turn of powers and abilities.

As far as what needed to be accomplished, the Sword’s eyes glanced over the broken shingles, the dilapidated contortions and portions of the structure. “I believe some parts of the roof were damaged over time.” Or actions from the last DeepFrost, but having not been there, he couldn’t be certain, mere speculation in the midsts of silence. “These shingles need to be replaced. We only have to remove this patch.” And he gestured to where he’d already started when Sah had arrived, to proportions already lost and gone. He grabbed hold of one with his glove, and pulled, strength overcoming the weakened adornments, and they slid off in his hand. “Then I can create new ones.” Deimos brushed some snow off, and began to rinse and repeat the process. “I would have done this sooner, but I was ill last season.” Striving to find a cures and maintain some semblance of sanity had been paramount.
master of nothing place;
of recoil and grace
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:

Sah shook his head and chuckled. "Water, right. Can't forget that." He mirrored Deimos' actions and got on the ladder. As to what his original form was... "My kind don't appear to exist here. The closest creature I've found are your wolves. Picture a wolf two to three times the size of the ones you are used to. Sometimes larger. My current height now would have only just barely been taller than my original shoulder." He sighed, feeling nostalgia creep up as he continued. "From there add large avian wings that are proportionate to the body, give them some manner of elemental magic, and you've got the basic picture of my kind." Sah explained, trying to describe his species in a way that could be easily pictured. It felt nice to be able to talk about them, although it did still hurt. "Oh, and my kind were smarter then your wolves I believe. I haven't really interacted with any but from what I've heard they're just animals to you, not a species with whom you'd respect their territorial borders or their Goddess." He added, pride coloring his voice. His kind were intelligent, not to the same extent as humanoids, but more so then the common Caido wolf.

Sah's looked over the damaged roof with a critical eye. He could certainly see the issue even if he wasn't familiar with human buildings. He mirrored Deimos' actions carefully and began to aid in removing the damaged shingles. He truly did want to be an aid and not a hindrance. He felt some concern when the General mentioned being ill. Concern both for himself but also Deimos and all of the other Outlanders. "Are Outlanders more prone to disease here? Given that we've never been exposed to Natural diseases when we first arrive?"

sah
Full of fearsome might
-Tim Vallie

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
I hold secrets flame
Giant winged wolves hadn’t been what Deimos had factored in, but based on all the other things he’d seen over the years, it really didn’t confound him too readily. With everything else experienced upon this earth and the last he’d unfurled from, why wouldn’t there be flying canines? It was an understandable notion then, that Sah had found his current form not particularly impressive, given the likelihood of weaknesses in comparison. So he nodded, eyes widening briefly at the descriptions. “I have never seen anything like that here.” He procured his own hound shift, with elemental depictions, but not to that size, standard, or machinations of aviation. Maybe Sah would be the first, all over again, to win back the figments of what he’d had before.

Peeling away the shingles, watching Sah’s actions with a careful eye, an approving nod sent in the younger man’s direction, he tilted his head in listening, in accord, with the inquiry. In all honesty, he hadn’t thought about the semblance before – hadn’t been in his right mind to do so, and not when so many had been affected. Memories, thoughts, and patterns roamed their way back to the blight, another instance of sicknesses and afflictions, but he recalled the only distinction had been that Ascended hadn’t been infected at all. “I do not believe so. Naturals and Outlanders alike were sick.” The clarity of the explanations were sorely lacking, but for now, he could likely just be grateful he wasn’t doomed and damned in these particular seconds. “Sometimes it is merely circumstance.” Sometimes they were gods’ games. Sometimes they were intervals of Voice upheaval. Sometimes they were the roaming pawns, and the chessboard was too vast, too wide.
master of nothing place;
of recoil and grace
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:

Sah nodded as he continued to pry off the broken shingles. "I figured as much. Otherwise I have a feeling I would have retained my original form. At least, I hope whichever Gods did this would be merciful enough to allow such a thing." Sah felt a sharp pang as he recalled that Caido had different Gods then his home. For a creature so used to having his kind's patron Goddess being an intrinsic part of their lives to the point that many including Sah knew her personally, it was hard to accept. The deities here were clearly less hands-on, or maybe all deities acted this way towards humanoids.  

He hummed at Deimos' response, eyeing the roof to see if there were any more broken pieces to pull of. "That's good, one less thing to worry about." Sah noted Deimos' choice of words. It hinted at a massive outbreak, perhaps an epidemic? "Though on a more somber note, how has the recovery been? For both you and all of Caido? It sounds like this was a severe situation, I'm guessing with many lives lost."

sah
Full of fearsome might
-Tim Vallie

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
I hold secrets flame
Gods and mercy didn’t quite fit the mold of what Deimos had experienced. Safrin and Ludo seemed to tolerate him at best, and he’d never been in the presence of either Frey. But there were others blessed and anointed by them, favored and beloved. The Reaper and Sword had simply grown from worlds where he relied upon himself and not the deities overshadowing the worlds; had seen where manipulations ran deep, where one herald could easily warp and misguide individuals. So he kept his distance when and where he could, his measures and machinations, his calculations and efforts, sometimes working, and sometimes completely falling apart. He had no intention of pushing Sah in any direction – that would be the man’s endeavors to pursue. Instead, he tilted his head vaguely, pulling hard at one particular shingle until it broke and shattered in his hands, brushing it aside so that it fell off the roof in pieces. “What do you know about the gods here?”

They rest of the warped, meddlesome portions were gone, leaving only the empty space in which the General would contort and create. He removed his gloves for better access to incantations, leaving them on a flattened portion, while his palms became gilded, while enchantments swarmed through his veins, sprang to life without hesitation. One by one, the shingles meant to replace emerged, and while he did hone his concentration on his task, he could at least answer to the best of his abilities. “I am not certain on the deaths.” Possible, if they hadn’t been granted a cure in time, if they’d been lost out on the ethers, vestiges, and voids, as he’d tried to do to himself – gone and broken in so many ways. “Recovery has been decent. I have been told to go easy on myself.” The slightest of grins thereafter indicated he really hadn’t; pressing forward and onward, head bowed, striving to enact action and response. He made no mention of being cured and immediately fighting a monster; but that was par for the course in Caido.
master of nothing place;
of recoil and grace
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:

Sah watched wide-eyed as new shingles literally appeared at Deimos' whim. "Almost nothing. Just that they are new ones, old ones, and that they favor separate groups. Also that they appear to be rather distant, even towards their favored people." His tone still held a hint of amazement as he watched the General work. He had  never seen magic like this, so used to elemental displays. It was almost bewildering to see a magic that created objects from nothing. Granted elements worked similarly, but those were forces of nature tied to ones' nature, not  inanimate objects.  "What kind of magic is that?"

Sah was pulled out of his observing as Deimos continued to speak. "Hopefully there weren't too many casualties. And you've clearly recovered well enough if you're using magic and doing manual labor." Sah offered, though a small, mischievous grin was on his face. "That is.. if you're even supposed to be doing so yet." He had caught on to Deimos' tendency to ignore medical advice. Not that Sah hadn't done the exact same thing on numerous occasions.

sah
Full of fearsome might
-Tim Vallie

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
I hold secrets flame
He missed the bewilderment, the widened eyes, busy and content in the adornments, in fastening them over the patches, in ensuring the roof was solid once more, could withstand the potential blows of another upcoming Deepfrost. Nothingness in the segments of gods wasn’t new; the foreign aspect was usually tied and tethered to those wandering into the midst. There would be better people to speak to about the subject – those with reverence or vehemence – but he could lay in the foundations. “The Old Gods are Vi, Mort, and Rae. Their heralds are Safrin, Ludo, and Frey. There are some others, like Tanau and Eirachi, that seem to represent the seasons.” He’d yet to come across the Eirachi, and had zero desire to, but Tanau had been the fiery emblem, the youth behind the falls, proffering illness and cures. “The New God is the Voice.” He repressed a snarl, only a faint grimace and wrinkle to his nose extending his thoughts on the goddess.

The inquiry thereafter pulled him out of the incantations briefly, raising his head from where it’d been ducked and bowed, concentrating on the filaments spreading between his hands. “Creation.” He handed some new pieces over to Sah too, so he might attempt to place them along the empty spaces too.

As far as the sickness, the casualties, the amount of people who’d suffered, he could only shrug, the air of mischief bounding along his otherwise impassive glances. “It is fine.” He’d begun to train the guards, to reassemble his own skirmishes and duels, to adhere to practices. Endurance and fortitude, might and mettle, had risen again, and he’d been climbing out of the ashes, the embers, the drowning, warring mechanisms down into his soul. “There is always too much to do.” By means of an excuse, truth to the declaration.
master of nothing place;
of recoil and grace