Wandering Halo as usual
For Wessex
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 2895

"If I can't move the heavens above, I will move Hell"

Sah all but stalked through the streets of The Citadel, the fury in his yes all but forcing people to get out of his way. Some braved a second glance, only to get a growl that sent shivers down their spine. Sah was not happy. Today had been horrible. Absolutely horrible. Apparently humanoids had even more laws then his pack did. Stealing and raiding were illegal, illegal! Of all things. He'd merely tried to swipe some bread and had been threatened. Thankfully the shop owner had realized Sah was incredibly confused. With a deep resigned sigh, they had given him a brief rundown of Halo's laws. Stealing, raiding, murder, pillaging, etc. All illegal. Did these people not have territories to defend? Intruders to chase out and conquer? Annoyed more so than anything, Sah slumped onto a nearby bench and began to eat the bread that the owner had surprisingly let him keep. Guess he looked as disheveled and tired as he felt.

sah
There stood the wolf in the winter wind
Full of fearsome might
King of the winter night.
-Tim Vallie

Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX
the wraith
She hasn’t been to Halo in a while, at least since she’s been sick; every now and then someone offers her a small nod or a wave and the Queen returns it, more than a little surprised that people still ‘remember’ her. Though maybe she shouldn’t be, maybe she isn’t as great at reading people as she once was. Maybe she’s losing her edge.

At least it feels good to be out of the Grounds. Faintly feel that crisp, knife-sharp air. Enjoy a change of scenery, because she can. Ruling is hard. Shit gets old.

She pulls the hood of her cloak over her head, trying to hide her tell-tale blonde cut. Putting her head down and concealing more of her decidedly non-Halo-appropriate clothing, she tries to blend in, walking around the Citadel until she turns down a street she doesn’t recognize. Somewhere about halfway way, there’s a man on a bench. It isn’t until she almost passes him that she realizes he probably feels similarly to to herself.

“Rough day?” Wessex asks as she pauses, one foot still in front of the other.
she's pullin' the trigger
cause it's me and the moon, she says
and i have no trouble with that
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:

Sah glanced up when an unfamiliar voice spoke. His initial reflex was to snarl and chase the person off. But he snapped his jaw shut before he could and took a moment to observe the woman in front of him before responding. She carried herself like an alpha would, even though it was clear she was purposefully downplaying it. Deciding to air on the side of caution, Sah decided he'd be respectful and see what she wanted. He'd already let his temper get him into enough risky situations with local leaders already. He didn't need to add another to the list. Sah let out a long, tired sigh instead.

"Rough to say the least. I seem incapable of adapting to Halo's norms at an acceptable rate." He said with a sardonic smile. He patted the bench at his side and scooted over. "If you want to get off your feet, you're welcome to join me." He offered, though he was still wary of the stranger. However, if Sah was to survive he needed to start acting more like himself, and not let the stress and confusion of his situation continue to control his actions.

sah
Full of fearsome might
-Tim Vallie

Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
WESSEX
the wraith
Whether the man meant to or not, he told Wessex enough about himself for the Natural to make some educated guesses about the stranger. She offers him a fanged half-smile in commiseration; rough days seem to be the norm now rather than the exception. “Halo is a do-or-die kind of place. They’re very set in their ways. You an Outlander?” It isn’t a question, it’s a statement. Non-judgemental, but one nonetheless. Between the cold (or so she can imagine), the suspicion of the Naturals, the difficulty of life itself, and the utterly pragmatic, no-nonsense nature of its citizens, she isn’t surprised that someone might have a learning curve.

The woman shifts more to face him, signaling that she’s open to more of a conversation, but doesn’t yet accept his offer to join him. There might be a better place to talk, if he’s game.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:

Sah chuckled softly. "I noticed that about the people here. I respect it. And I know, I'm far too obvious about my status. I've never been a fan of deception." He smiled sardonically. "And truth be told I doubt I could even mildly pass as a Natural. No matter how much effort I put into it." Sah hadn't attempted once since coming to Caido to try and hide the fact that he was an Outlander. Logically, he knew he should, but he was still too new to the whole being humanoid thing to even try. There was no way a Natural needed to have the concept of curtains or shops explained to them such as Sah had required. Or have to ask someone to explain exactly what thumbs were and how to use them. That had been an interesting conversation.

Sah took in the woman's body language and noticed that although she seemed receptive to further conversation, she did not intend to join him where he was.  He tilted his head slightly. "You have a place in mind where we can continue this conversation I presume?"

sah
Full of fearsome might
-Tim Vallie

Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX
the wraith
The Outlanders do seem to stand out, no matter how much they assimilate; be it power or attitude, ignorance or ideas about the world, they can usually, eventually be spotted. “Nah, you just happened to land in the one area that’s probably seen the fewest Outlanders.” It should be obvious why: not many can stand the ice and snow, the cold that seems to seep into one’s bones. And those who had shown up were… well, responsible for more than a couple of problems. She’s about to continue when he asks if she wants to get out of there, more or less, which takes her slightly aback.

Wessex looks around, tries to pinpoint where they are. “Sure. My brother owns a bar.” Jerking her head in the general direction of the Kraai, she leads the way and assumes that he’ll follow.

While they head that way, she makes some light conversation, keeping an eye on their surroundings rather than the man she’s walking with. “There are other places to live,” she muses aloud, then flashes him a knowing smile. “But you’d need to act fast. When Deepfrost arrives, the portal between Halo and the rest of the world is snowed under.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:

Sah nodded in understanding but was then confused. Why had she reacted so oddly when he asked if they could leave? He just wanted to get out of the cold.  He decided to ignore it and move on. "A bar? Perfect. That'll be a nice place to warm up." Sah agrees as he stands up and begins to follow her.

"Other places? Yes I've heard. And although it may be foolish to stay in such a harsh climate when I know so little about this world, I don't think I could bring myself to leave. Halo's environment is the closest to what my home had. I'd miss the ice and snow if I left." He explained with a small shrug. Even now the cold wind and white landscape gave Sah a deep sense of calm, regardless of his new form's weakness for cold."Though I probably should look into acquiring a permanent residence before Deepfrost hits." Sah added with a chuckle. He'd spent most of his time since arriving simply wandering and familiarizing himself with the area. As they walked he tried to further memorize the city. There was still so much for him to see and explore here.

sah
Full of fearsome might
-Tim Vallie

Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX
the wraith
Shrugging at the stranger’s assessment of whether or not he should stay or go, Wessex indicates that she’s not one to judge. “Well they’re only a portal away, once that portal is open again.” If he wants to stay here for a whole season, then so be it, it isn’t like she’d want an extra person to worry about in the Grounds anyway. “I have a bit of an affinity for Halo too. You won’t find me arguing about it. Unless I’m trying to get them to come live in my home.” Flashing the stranger another fanged smirk as they walk, she leaves it at that tidbit; the Wraith recognizes that it would do this person a disservice and also be a waste of time to try and get them to come to the Grounds.

At least right now.

They begin to enter a more populated area, with heavier foot traffic and people to dodge. Whilst trying to keep him in close proximity, the Queen asks, “What kind of world are you from?”
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:

Sah returned the stranger's smirk with a raised eyebrow. "You trying to kidnap people or something? Or do you just advertise your home to try and increase the population?" He asked, half teasing and half curious. He felt a tad uncomfortable as they entered the more crowded area, still not used to such places. Back home it was rare for so many beings to be tightly packed together. At least where he was, who knew what the humans back home did. When the stranger asked about his home, Sah sighed, his expression becoming more neutral.

"My home had some similarities to Caido. Different areas had different climates, creatures and magic. It was a beautiful and diverse place. But unlike Caido magic was just about everywhere. Almost everyone had some form or had an item that could wield it for them. There were a few species of humanoids, including humans and they had different settlements across the land. Some settlements even housed multiple species." Sah sighed, melancholy creeping into his voice. He missed his home dearly. Sah's voice stayed neutral as he continued. "I lived in the tundra with my pack. The humanoids left us to our own devices, afraid to even trespass on our territory." A feral grin stretched across his face. "They knew better then to even try." This time pride and satisfaction colored his voice.

sah
Full of fearsome might
-Tim Vallie

Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX
the wraith
“If I wanted to kidnap you, I would have.” The statement is oddly confident; Wessex says it like she’s so very sure she could pull it off, that it’s an everyday fact - common knowledge, even. After a pause, perhaps for drama’s sake, she turns back to him and chuckles a little. “But I’m far more interested in friends than forcing people to live under my rule.” Which should tell the stranger a lot, if he’s listening carefully.

She slows her pace to make it easier for the Outlander to keep up (and to better listen to his story), she finds herself fascinated by his tale. “Huh,” she says as she digests that information. It seemed much different than a couple of the other worlds she’s heard of. “Pack?” So… well, to her that indicates a wolf, but she can’t be sure. “I’m surprised you didn’t come through as an Attuned.” Pausing, she considers the others who have come in, following it up with, “Then again, you can always attune if a God likes you enough. Or Ascend.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:

Sah raised an eyebrow at her confidence. "Noted." From her tone he had a feeling she really would be able to pull it off.  But her next statement worried him, almost making him choke on his drink. "Rule?" If he had been talking to one of the region's leaders without knowing it he was going to scream. Internally. "You'll have to forgive me for not recognizing you. I'm not yet familiar with the leaders of Caido." He added, just in case.

Sah shrugged. "Pack, yes. I was a wolf-like creature. I think the main reason I came in as an Abandoned and not an Attuned was because of my magic. Thankfully I retained some of it when I crossed over. Though it's infuriatingly weaker now." He explained, his tone laced with clear frustration. "And no Ascending for me, Abandoned can't right?" Sah added, still trying to wrap his mind around the different people of Caido.

sah
Full of fearsome might
-Tim Vallie

Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX
the wraith
Interrupting his apology with a wave of her hands, she brushes it away with another emphatic shake of her head. “Nonsense. I didn’t exactly introduce myself.” The woman comes to a sudden stop and turns, evoking mutters and a huff from the people closest to them as they’re forced to also change course to avoid a collision. Boldly sticking out her hand, the woman grins. “Wessex Theskyra, Queen of the Hollowed Grounds. Some call me the Wraith, but you can call me Wessex, everyone does. I don’t stand on ceremony.” An impish glint in ice-blue eyes, she waits in the middle of the street for as long as she has to for him to also introduce herself before continuing on in their conversation and walk.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:

Sah's eyes widened and his jaw snapped shut. After a moment he regained his composure. Shaking his head, a wide and mischievous grin stretched across his face. Stepping forward, he firmly shook Wessex's hand. "Queen huh? And you didn't think to mention that sooner?" Sah chuckled, very amused with the Wraith's antics. "I'm Sah Lovi, no titles whatsoever. Pleasure to meet you." He then raised an eyebrow."Do you normally spring your status on unsuspecting people like that or do the Naturals just automatically know who you are?" He wondered if she did that on purpose to keep everyone on their toes or if it was simply to mess with others. Regardless, she had got him good. Although Wessex certainly did have a mature and authoritative aura to her, he never would have guessed that she was the Queen of the Hollowed Grounds.

sah
Full of fearsome might
-Tim Vallie

Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX
the wraith
“Well… yes, I suppose they do. At least here and in the Grounds.” Torchline may be a different story, but only because she hasn’t been Queen when it opened up. “And like I said, I don’t put a lot of emphasis on ceremony, so Queen is more something I do than… what I identify as?” Shrugging as she turns to continue to lead them across Snowcloak, she privately wonders at the nature of discussing identity politics with a stranger. Who knows if what she said makes sense.

“Either way, nice to meet you too. We’re almost there.” And indeed, there is the Kraai at the far end of the street. Wessex continues towards it, until a black shape seems to materialize out of nowhere and come screeeeing towards her, to land on her shoulder. Looking up, she actually smiles at as the shape stills it’s apparent it’s a dragon with something attached to its leg.