You'll always be my favorite ghost
God Quest Hand In for Ludo
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Age: 52 | Height: 6' 1" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 16 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
GIDEON

And now I cling to what I knew
I saw exactly what was true
The Celestine looked even more beautiful than it usually did as Gideon entered it, the evening casting a soft darkness over the plants that made the glow of any light look ten times as bright. Fitting, for a prayer such as the one he was about to make; he practically ran to the shrine, so excited to speak to Ludo now that he had completed his quest. They were closer, perhaps the closest they had ever been, to making a real hit against the Ascended, and he would be the instigator of it all.

Holding in his hand a vial of the fluid he had taken from Evelyn, more of it stored away in the temple, he knelt before the shrine and bowed his head. "Ludo, I have completed the tasks you asked of me. I humbly request your presence. Oh, and of course-" Not one to forget his offerings, Gideon put down from his other hand a wooden puzzle with sliding parts and rotating sides, designed to be put back into a neat cube.

---
Gideon has completed his quest from Ludo.

- Complete a thread meeting an Ascended and obtaining a sample of their fluid.
to the point of no return Met Evelyn and uh...stabbed her, thus obtaining fluid.
- Find an Ascended shrine (he does not need to actually post in the shrine board, as he is not required to pray)
See in the World what you Carry in your Heart Found the Ascended shrine in Torchline with Aurelia.
- Learn the views on Ascended from 2 separate characters.
have you ever felt forgotten in the middle of nowhere? Learnt from Alina.
forget me not Learnt from Lena.

Once all of these are complete, he must return to this shrine with his Capitol Compass.
That's why I hold with all I have
That's why I hold
Spooky Rags

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
ludo

Braved the forests, braved the stone
Braved the icy winds and fire
Braved and beat them on my own

"You have done well, sweetling." It is unusual for Ludo to sound so proud, the deity appearing like a spreading blanket, draping down before the shrine beneath the stars. Gideon's offering, of course, is accepted by way of winking out entirely. Usually Ludo would stop and play, but not tonight. Tonight is special.

It observes the Ascended fluid and pierces Gideon with eyes set within a porcelain mask, as if looking for the knowledge obtained by the priest. And when it finds it, its rags open to reveal, as well, the Capitol Compass. "A mission completed, a reward obtained," it says, and the fluid also rises up, the vial uncorking to pour directly over the compass.

Usually this would just end in a mess, but not so today. The compass glitters with power, the dial suddenly spinning rapidly, before it settles on a direction that certainly isn't north. This compass will do much more than take Gideon home, now.

Gideon's Capital Compass has received an upgrade!

Type: Light
Capitol Compass (Upgraded) | Can travel to the political hubs in all settled lands. The needle on the compass will also seek out Ascended shrines.

Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Age: 52 | Height: 6' 1" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
GIDEON

Praise from Ludo immediately drew a genuine smile from Gideon, his heart warming at approval from a God he had prayed to and served for so long; was this how the Demi-Gods felt, when their heralds looked down upon them? He noticed the puzzle disappearing, Ludo not stopping to play with the object, and hoped that was a good sign.

Watching patiently, fascinated, as Ludo lifted up the vial of cursed 'blood', he revelled in the sight of it pouring down over the compass. If he had any say in it, it would not be the last Ascended fluid spilled for their mission. Gideon lifted his hands as the compass glittered and the needle spun, at first cradling his palms up towards it as if too in awe to touch it.

Finally he did take it though, tilting it both ways to see the needle move. "This is wonderful. Thank you. I will do good work with this, I promise." He said, bowing his head.
That's why I hold
Spooky Rags

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
ludo

Braved the forests, braved the stone
Braved the icy winds and fire
Braved and beat them on my own

"Thank you," Ludo echoes, its porcelain mask seeming particularly smug as it watches Gideon with the compass. "I am sure you will. A note of caution, though, sweetling." Swooping down so that they are almost nose to nose, Ludo stares deeply, endlessly into the Priest's eyes.

"You must be careful on this venture. One misstep and you will not have another opportunity; if the Voice knows you are coming, all the Ascended know." It surges back again. "Attack in one fell swoop - do not try to chip away at the shrines. My suggestion is... LongNight. Do it then, if you are going to do it. We will not be able to help you, not the heralds or the gods. But the Voice will not be able to hinder you, either."

Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Change author:
GIDEON

Ludo suddenly swooping down to meet Gideon's eyes was a little alarming, but the priest had long ago learnt how to keep his composure through most things; he blinked a couple of times, unsure what was to come, but as it turned out Ludo just had advice - advice he took readily, for any from the Gods was sure to be worthwhile.

He had had the Halo shrine in mind, which might be difficult during Longnight, but Ludo was right; it would mean no chance of the Voice appearing to bring her followers down on them or attempt to hurt them herself (though, from what he knew of the Voice, Gideon struggled to imagine her as anything but cowardly). "Thank you. I will try to, as much as I am able, make it a quick, secret job. She won't know what hit her."

Promise made (which he fully intended to keep, though wasn't sure he could), he stood to make his goodbyes, not wanting to take up too much of the God's time. He felt good, though; things were coming together, plans formulating. Maybe before the end of his lifetime, they would be in a world without the Voice.

{FIN}
That's why I hold