Training we all wanna party when the funeral ends
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
NATE

Obviously, obviously, when Amun shifts into a form Nate recognizes, when understanding clicks in his head, there’s a touch of jealousy. With the explanation though he’s willing to move past it. Gods know he did stupid shit while feverish, out of his mind.

But it’s the fact that Amun still skirts around him, that his fellow ascended won’t even come up to him that has Nate growing truly suspicious, truly irate. It sits in the back of his mind, while the shrine is activated, finally coming to a head when all is said and down, when everyone else begins to leave the ways they’d arrived, and Nate instead sits on one of the obsidian blocks, a hand rubbing at his chin.

”Hey, Amun?” Nate doesn’t rise, barely lifts his gaze up to the other man, a hand rising instead to gesture him over with two fingers. ”Can we talk a second?” He’s just clearing the air, just getting things settled. That’s it. It’s fine. Maybe if he keeps lying to himself it’ll start being believable.
Foot on the gas, too fast to turn
Ain't gonna last, you gonna crash and burn
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
my whole life is mine, but whoever says so will deprive me,
for it is infinite.
So much for Amun's attempt to go unnoticed by Nate and get out of this without an awkward conversation. Sighing, the potter nodded. Pushing off from the wall of the cavern that he'd been leaning against, he picked his way over to the doctor. The floor was treacherous, and Amun slid and slipped more than a few times.

However, he made it to Nate without falling on his face. Amun slipped his hands into his pockets and slouched a bit. "What's up?" Despite himself, he couldn't help but frown. When he realized what he was doing, he wiped it away, replacing it with a smile instead, though it was strained around the edges.
by being moved I exert my empire,
making the dreams of night real
AMUN
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
NATE

Nate’s face doesn’t move until Amun is standing directly in front of him, the blankness replaced with a sharp grin. ”I thought you could tell me.” Unlike the potter, the smile on the doctors face is easy, spread wide. It’s his eyes that reveal his true feelings, mismatched colours hard, and burning a hole into the other ascended. ”We haven’t talked in a while, have we?”

He’s still not standing yet, but Nate still has a presence, an aura of tightly gripped upset. Not quite anger, but gods, it’s trying. ”Long enough for you to bite my husband, apparently, and decide the best way to deal with it was to say don’t be mad and nothing else.” Maybe at first he could accept it, would let it slide without caring, but Amun would Barry look at him. It couldn’t be as simple as a bite.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
for it is infinite.
Amun frowned again. "You called me over," he pointed out, crossing his arms. As Nate complained about the lack of communication between them, the potter just raised an eyebrow. "Yes, and? We're not friends and we don't live close to one another. Plus I was sick and then cursed with the inability to communicate properly. When and why would we talk?"

Snorting, he shrugged at the doctor's next words. "Because it didn't mean anything and I knew you were going to make a big deal out of it. Was trying to save us both some strife. Obviously Sunjata didn't tell you about it. Shouldn't you be having this conversation with him?" Amun shook his head, lowering his arms as he did.

"Look, we don't like each other, but I don't really have any particular problem with you. We've always worked well together." He spread his hands a bit, as if to ask what more the other man wanted.
AMUN
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE

Gods, Amun has a way of just sucking all the fun out of the dressing down part of this, but that's fine. It really just hastens the inevitable on. It might make it easier, even, Nate's anger not being given the time it needs to really grow into it's usual explosive mess.

Nate gives the potter's words a moment of consideration, though it's impossible to tell if it's sincere or if he's simply being dramatic, with the nodding, the pursing of his lips. "You know, that's just not fair." He's all ready to keep talking, to explain more, when his husbands name is in the other man's mouth as if it will somehow help the potter, as if it will do anything more than enrage the doctor.

He's on his feet fast, shoulders squared as he uses every inch of height he has on the other man to loom over him. "I will be talking to him." There is a true growl in Nate's voice now, low and dangerous, his lip curled in a sneer. "And he'll actually look me in my eyes and talk to me, instead of trying to slink off and run from it."  

A deep breath sighs out of Nate, his hand rising to push his hair out of his face, even that gesture filled with an implicit violence, an anticipation lingering in his hands. "We do work well together. I would like to keep working well together in the future. So we need to get this sorted now."
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
for it is infinite.
Snorting at Nate's complaint, Amun shrugged. "If you're expecting fairness, you've come to the wrong place." He dusted a bit of soot off his shoulder, not even looking at the doctor.

However, as the other man went on, the potter did indeed face Nate and meet his gaze. "So go on home then." Amun gestured at the tunnel beyond them. Stepping aside, he held out his arm, as if the doctor needed directions. All the while, the potter kept his eyes trained on the other man.

"And just what it this?" Amun scowled, shaking his head. "Also, we're in a land of fire and lava. I think this can wait."
AMUN
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE

Even Nate’s silver tongue can only take him so far before anger takes over, the timer burning shorter and shorter with every word out of the potters mouth. It’s only a sense of decorum holding him in place now, before his mind can really weigh the consequences of what he wants to do.

No matter what he did from here, whether he snapped, or stopped and continued with a silver tongue, a civil conversation, he already looked irrational to Amun, to anyone who was looking in from the outside. And if he’d already lost, well, why not lose on his terms then?

Throwing a punch isn’t as satisfying as it used to be, the impact of his knuckles in Amun’s jaw shocking numbly up his arm, no sting accompanying it. Nate hisses anyway, shaking his hand and smirking joylessly. ”I’m not exactly a patient guy. I wanna clear the air between us, y’know?” His fists come up in front of him, Nate protecting himself from the assumed retaliation. Had to hve the facade of a fair fight, at least to start.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
for it is infinite.
The punch was entirely unexpected. Amun yelped as it slammed into his jaw. Rubbing his chin, he glared at Nate. "Dude, what the fuck?!" The potter shook his head and dropped his arm, even as his hands balled into fists.

Eying the doctor's posture, Amun just stepped back, away from the other man. "What the hell is wrong with you? Have you lost what little mind you have?"

Scoffing, he raised his own arms, though it was only to block another blow if Nate chose to strike again. The potter wasn't going to hit back unless he had no other choice. "How is punching me going to clear the air, hm?" He snorted, raising an eyebrow.
AMUN
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE

All Nate offers in response to the glare and the whine that accompanied it was a roll of his eyes, and a snort. ”You didn’t even feel it.” A single brow lifts towards Amun, judgement clear on the doctors face.

”Lighten the fuck up man!” Nate closes the space between them as quickly as Amun opens it, his fingers clenching and unclenching in anticipation. ”Put your fucking fists up and let’s do this like men.”

A savage grin spreads over Nate’s face when the potter complies, the hands rising only acting as permission for Nate to swing again, a feint aimed at the same place, and a true strike sent towards Amun’s gut. ”Its making me feel a hell of a lot better.”
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
for it is infinite.
Dropping his hand, Amun shrugged. "So what?" He reached out to poke Nate in the chest, or at least try. "You didn't feel any physical pleasure from hitting me. That doesn't mean you didn't feel something. Just like I felt something when you punched me. It hurt" the potter retorted.

"Like men? Seriously? What are you, five?" Rolling his eyes, he groaned and shook his head. "Don't let Wessex hear you say that. She might have a few things to say about whether men have a monopoly on violence."

As the doctor punched Amun again he gritted his teeth. He fell for the feint, tightening the muscles of his abs at the last second. "Fine. Since we're being fucking children..." Darting forward, the potter kicked the other man's shin.
AMUN
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE

Nate doesn't move to stop Amun from poking him, nor does he seem to react at all to it, except for his brows pulling together. "Aw, you want me to apologize for hurting you? What about those jagged fucking scars in Sunjata, huh?" Now that he knew what he did, the new scars made sense.

"You're such a fucking bore." The words are ground between Nate's teeth, his lips pulling into a sneer. "That must be what Sam sees in you." The bookmaker had been a subject that had riled the potter last they spoke, maybe it would work here, and he could finally get some action.

Ask and he shall receive, a leg sweeping out towards him. Nate lets it strike him, stepping forward to keep from being off-balance for too long and retaliating immediately, his fist aimed towards Amun's sternum, an attempt to take the other down to his back.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
for it is infinite.
Amun threw up his hands at Nate's comment. Groaning, the potter rolled his eyes. "Wow, how dare I expect you to act like an adult instead of a spoiled child." Lowering his arms, he frowned at the mention of Sunjata. "What scars?"

Chuckling at the doctor's insult, Amun nodded. "Yes. Also loyalty and kindness. You know, the kind of person that wouldn't cheat on someone. With a married man to boot." He snorted.

Kicking Nate's shin was satisfying, but it didn't actually do any damage. The other man's blow connected with the potter's sternum. Yelping, he stumbled backwards and fell on his ass. Scrambling backwards, he kicked at the doctor's knee even as Amun tried to put some distance between them.
AMUN
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE

A humourless huff of laughter leaves Nate, his head shaking. "I'd think you were smart enough to know better at this point." A sharp grin pulls over his lips, growing into something that is all teeth at Amun's confusion. "There's fucking marks in his throat that look like he was attacked by a wild animal." Nate leaves out the part where he thought he'd been the cause of such scars, too glad to have this new target to focus his anger upon.

"I'd love to ride up on your fucking high horse for a day, it must be real nice." Nate jerks his chin up, looking down on the other man. "At least I'm upfront about it, instead of creeping around like some pining loser. And hey," a touch of humour returns to the sneer, "I backed off after Maea decided she didn't want me around." Not that Nate thought that particular admission would change Amun's mind at all, they were well past that point.

His fist dropped the potter, a savage kind of joy spreading over the doctor's face. The one-sided fight might not bring any physical satisfaction with it, but there was still a rush that came from standing over someone helpless. A kick against his knee only has Nate dropping quickly, a hand reaching out to grab Amun's collar while his other strikes the potters face again, striking him once, twice, three times. Then, as if it hasn't happened at all, Nate stands again, hands open to show he was pacified by this.

Done