Strike the Iron
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
BASTIEN
Soon everybody, everywhere will be
The envy of the gods above
Bastien had gotten used to most of the faces in the settlement's marketplace, having come here every day to spread news of his church and browse the wares (he only ever bought food or art supplies, but liked to wander and look at everything available). He had come with a handful of cards again today, eager to hand them out among any new people he could see. Every so often there seemed to be a wave of Outlanders looking for something to do and somewhere to go.

It wasn't hard to notice the bright copper hair in the crowd, especially not with the golden jewellery catching the light of the cold Deepfrost sun above. Immediately Bastien was drawn to whoever this new person was. He loved those who dared to be a spectacle in such a dreary place; they were the people whom he wished to fill his halls with.

He sauntered forward, ready to be as charming as he could be. Easily he stepped in beside Caiside then spun so they were facing, holding out a hand to try and stop him in the crowd.

"What enchanting eyes." He said as an introduction, once he had come around to Caiside 's front. "You cannot be from here. You must be from another place, with such otherworldly beauty. Was it recently you fell?" He just about avoided saying from Heaven, but if Caiside knew the line it would be clear where it had been going.

Caiside Annatar
Blacksmith

Age: 43 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
Caiside
This will be your rebirth

Caiside walked through the streets of the settlement, a pastime that had recently become a favourite of his. Especially on a day like today, with a chill in the air and the thin sun high above. He was just about getting used to the flow here, though he was still left with more free time than he was used to. Maybe it was that he hadn’t made the right acquaintances yet, but it seemed that there was nothing exciting here.

A man stepped out in front of him, surprising Caiside into stillness. Looking Bastien up and down with a quick eye, Caiside decided that any trouble the man could bring he could handle, and a bright grin spread over his face. He offered his hand to the man, wondering absently what exactly he wanted, though he was more than delighted by the compliments that dripped from his lips like honey. Perhaps he had been to quick to judge this place as boring, if people like this man existed in it.

”I did not deign to fall, though I am glad you recognize me as divine.” The words were said sincerely, Caiside offering his hand to the man as he spoke. Perhaps he had been too quick to judge the place assuming as boring, this was certainly something exciting. ”I have not been here long, though any longer and I would be upset that this is the first I’ve met you. How can I be of service, ...?” Caiside tilted his head, asking for a name without a word.

Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
BASTIEN
To Bastien's delight, the man responded well to his compliments, even hinting that he was truly divine. It was possible. He had found Gods at trees as well as at temples, so why wouldn't one walk the streets? The man certainly seemed like he could be; his gold eyes and delicate jewellery held a beauty that immediately recalled Bastien to his meetings with Safrin.

"Bastien De Rosieres, uno d'oro. And it is actually me who will be of service to you. Have you been here long? I am sure I would have noticed you if you had been." Again he passed his eyes over Caiside, obviously appreciative with a slight flirting tone to his voice.

"If you're looking for a place to take refuge, I suggest my very own church. But do not worry, if you are used to the same institutions as I once was - this church is all about freedoms and joys." He motioned with his fingers for Caiside to follow him towards the domiciles - if he followed or not was up to him.

Caiside Annatar
Blacksmith

Age: 43 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Caiside
Caiside smiled and laughed, tilting his head to the side so his hair caught the light. He knew how to play to his strengths, even if he still wasn’t sure what the dark haired man wanted. One of his brows delicately rose when Bastien claimed he would be the one to be of use, but it managed to look more questioning than judgemental, a sign that he was interested.

The mention of a church had Caiside looking the taller man up and down again. He didn’t look like any of the priests he knew, not that Caiside has necessarily associated with that type. ”I would like to know more about this, before I go joining strange men proposing things to me in the streets. I am very discerning when it comes to churches.” It was said with a twist of humour, like a joke he was only telling himself.

Despite any faint misgivings he had, the church, and it’s admittedly charming leader, had his attention. Caiside fell into step beside Bastien, pulling his cloak tighter around himself as he did. ”What do you worship? I have heard very little about the gods here.” Where better to learn from them a true devotee?
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
BASTIEN
"Ah. Not only are you beautiful, you are wise." Bastien replied with a spark of humour in his eyes, happy to see Caiside walking alongside him despite the comment.

He clapped his hands together at the question. He always loved to speak of his Goddess. "I worship la signora del cielo notturno e il mio cuore, Safrin. She is a Goddess most worthy of the highest worship. I met her in the temple and since then my life has been set alight with devoted faith I have never known before." As he spoke Bastien made several excited hand gestures, motioning towards the sky as if to invoke the angels.

"She asked me to make sure people knew her name. And well...if there is something I'm good at..." Bastien flicked his wrist and produced a small beautiful handkerchief, dark blue with golden stars sewn into it, the whole action exaggerated like a stage magician. "...It's staying in people's minds. We are the perfect team. Her beauty and power, my performance and art."

"Does any of that sound like the Gods in your world? Or indeed, yourself?"

Caiside Annatar
Blacksmith

Change author:
Caiside
A smile hovered on Caisides face as he listened to and watched the other man. The way he moved reminded Caiside of dancers, or flickering flames, bright and demanding attention. ”I have to admit, you are good at what you do. You and your goddess will be staying in my mind for some time.” He did feel as if his question isn’t been answered, there had been no explanation of what kind of goddess Safrin was, but he was entertained enough to keep listening.

”The revelry varies between gods, but it is always... a spectacle.” A wistful sigh carried words, Caisides eyes sliding off Bastien for the first time to look dramatically into the distance. ”My own worship was bright, shiny. Sparks and gold.” It was like he could see it before him, the bonfires, the noise. He reached a hand out towards fire and felt nothing but the chill of the air, reality settling softly around him like snow. Sighing, Caiside closed his hand and brought it back in close to his chest.

”I may not be now what I was, but I have some sticks up my sleeve still.” Caiside smiled, taking solace in the few things he did have left. ”This is not about me though. tell me more about your goddess, I don’t... think I understood.” He was almost embarrassed to admit it, but interest won out over pride.
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
BASTIEN
Bastien grinned to hear that not only Safrin, but he too would stay in Caiside's mind. Being memorable had been his trade for many years, after all, and he was glad he had not lost his touch.

Once again Caiside spoke of himself as if he were divine. That Gods could be taken through the portals just as easily as mortals raised questions about the meaning of being a God at all, Bastien thought. Caiside did not appear to have any power nor the same presence as Safrin, either, unless he was hiding it. "Gold to match your eyes, hm?"

But even though Safrin was going to stay in Caiside's mind, he said he still didn't understand. Bastien hoped he wasn't about to come against the same criticism as he had with Phoebe. To him, God being a mystery was simply a given. Knowledge was not needed for worship.

"Ah well. Truthfully, I do not know everything of Safrin myself. But that is why it is exciting, you see. Why pursue something you already know every detail of? All I know is her beauty and her blessing for my organisation...for now, that is all I need." As he spoke, he pointed towards a dark blue painted door between houses, ordained with small stars. "This is my church. Would you like to see inside?"

(To be continued in Church of Safrin)