(RQ) the sweetest flowers, the fairest trees
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
my whole life is mine, but whoever says so will deprive me,
for it is infinite.
After the meeting with the Voice, Amun figured there was no reason to delay. Oliver hadn't been at the meeting, so with Belril in tow, the potter grabbed some metal from the Artisan's Guild and then rounded up the blacksmith. Once they'd assembled, the Ascended led them towards the Fields, orb held in one hand.

As they walked, he filled in his fellow council member. "Since you missed it, we decided to keep Order members out of the Hollowed Ground, since they are leading the effort against us. We have to place a few of these orbs around the edges of the region and then either get a hold of one of their compasses or watch them in use a couple of times." He fell silent so Oliver could ask questions or Belril could fill in any gaps.
by being moved I exert my empire,
making the dreams of night real
AMUN
Belril Sylminar
Alchemist

Age: 22 | Height: 5'3" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Tesability Offline
Change author:
MP: 360
I know what you're afraid of. Keeping the lights on won't keep you safe.
Belril has his eyes peeled the whole time they were traversing, sometimes sneaking in moments of briefly touching up any of the wild gardens he had out here that they passed on the sly. At one point, he even had a starfruit he was munching into that he seemed to get out of nowhere as well. He had been using his healing magic sporadically to keep up with the taller males by stealthily easing his fatigue when it tried to crop up.

He'd hate to lose any of his gardens, but at the same time, he'd hate for lives to be lost because of godly conflicts.

"Wish we knew what these compasses even looked like. For all we know, they could be typical compasses enhanced in non-obvious ways," he added, still trying to wrack his brain as to how he could possibly help with that latter mission. "The Voice may also be able to better work defenses against those that have either a matching or even a variant model of compass once she has one in her possession, too...the question is how..."
BELRIL
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
His arrival is quiet, far from a huge celebration.

Normally, he'd be overjoyed to see Amun, but Oliver seems to be exhausted, dark circles seen around his eyes. Someone really isn't doing too hot. "Sorry about that... some things came up." Such as panicking and hiding away in his forge and figuring so many things out. Honestly, he was feeling slightly better now, but it was also obvious that Oliver hasn't gotten enough sleep lately.

Glancing over to the small child, Oliver raises his eyebrow at the kid. "He's got a point, do we know what these compasses look like? Have any of us seen them?" That would be helpful. If none of them had seen it, how on earth would they even be able to steal one? Of course, Oliver knew it'd work out in the end. There were many smart people trying to get ahold of the compasses: they'd figure something out.

let us dance in the sun, wearing wild flowers in our hair
Oliver

Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
for it is infinite.
Nodding at Oliver, Amun smiled. "No need to apologize." Sweeping his gaze over the blacksmith, the potter's eyes narrowed. "Everything alright?" He glanced at Belril, not wanting to say more in front of the kid.

As the two of them started discussing whether or not the compasses were compasses, the Ascended shrugged. "Generally speaking, the Voice isn't given to deception or misleading people. If she says it's a compass, it's a compass. We'll just have to corner an Order member to find out more."

He lead the trio through the Fields. Given the season, the crops were high, or as high as they ever got in the Hollowed Ground. When they arrived at the edge of the area, he lifted the orb and the rod. "I don't think it matters where we put it, do you?" He turned to the other two, lifting a brow as he did.
AMUN
Belril Sylminar
Alchemist

Age: 22 | Height: 5'3" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
"I...was more wondering how exactly these compasses looked? Is there a particular decoration that gives them away or something, or do they open up to become something else, or..."

Belril could keep going, but he stopped there to stop himself from doing exactly that. He had been trying to experiment with small devices, but...uh, he's had just no luck at all so far. "I wasn't trying to say she was attempting to deceive any of us..."

Then he finally registered Amun ask Oliver if the blonde was alright a little after the fact, causing Belril to look more towards him with narrowed, studying eyes. If he internally reached into the energy he normally used for healing, he could feel a bit of a void near Oliver while feeling no change at all near Amun---correction, what feels like a field of rejection near Amun, just like he noticed around any Ascended he's passed while trying to use his magic.

He then turned towards Amun as he asked if it really mattered where the orb ended up going, focusing for a moment on helping ease Oliver's tiredness with his own healing magic while trying to think on where to place it. "My one worry is that, due to how open the fields are, the orb will be visible to anyone...including the Order, should they dare to approach. Maybe we can set it up so that the orb's hidden and isn't visible until you're possibly passed it," Belril suggested. He wasn't sure if it was something that could be done, but he had only seen a small sliver of what the Voice can and has done in the past. "The Order will have a harder time getting through what is unseen, and that's true with just about anyone in general."
BELRIL
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Amun is understanding and Oliver offers a small shake of his head. "Honestly? No, not really... but I'll talk with you about it later." It was a lot, more than just the plans of the Ascended. "It isn't too major, just not getting a lot of sleep." It really wasn't all that much, but he would elaborate if Amun wanted.

Things started to feel better and Oliver knew it was not a natural reason. While yes he would've healed himself, there was a reason he chose to not outwardly do so. Eyes look down at the child, almost a glare. "Control your magic." It was said quietly, in a scolding manner. "Always ask before ever using your magic on anyone." It was considered extremely rude and invasive to do so- at least to Oliver. So if the kid had asked him, Oliver would've been appreciative, but because he broke boundaries? Well, safe to say, Oliver wasn;t a happy guy.

Turning to look back at Amun, he offered a nod. "Sorry- I don't think hiding it matters. I mean, what's the point in hiding it? It's like a shield, yeah, so they would know something was stopping them." Seriously, what was the point in hiding? "We should try to place them on secure land, that's the most important thing."

Oliver

Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
for it is infinite.
Nodding at Oliver's words, Amun smiled at the blacksmith. "I'll swing by the forge when we're done here?" the potter half-asked half-commented.

Raising an eyebrow at Belril, the Ascended shrugged. "If we get close enough to see that kind of detail, we may as well take any compass they have on them." He chuckled, winking at the teen. "I know. Just trying not to overthink things we can't control." Frowning at Oliver's comment about magic, Amun's eyes darted between his companions. He didn't say anything though.

Hefting the metal rod that he'd brought, he grinned. "Order members can't enter, but their allies can. Why do you think I'm lugging this around." He started to examining the area, looking for a rock that was a suitable size and weight. As he did, he activated his upgrade.

Metal began to flow under his touch. It slid over the orb until the object was embedded in the iron. "I'm looking for a stone to anchor this against. Keep an eye out? Or better yet, make one?"
AMUN
Belril Sylminar
Alchemist

Change author:
Oliver's reaction was not something Belril expected, causing him to look away in shame and embarrassment. He was just trying to be helpful, and he had always been told that that it was best to help others in unseen ways due to how the Abandoned were viewed. The fact that what happened was identified so fast had Belril wondering if this Oliver was also an Abandoned, so he added Oliver to a mental list of 'People to ask before healing unless life/death scenario' while they were moving on.

Belril then looked back towards Amun and saw him attach the glowing orb to the rob he was bringing...and things clicked for him. If the rod stretched up as high as he hoped it would, it would practically require either a flying Attuned to take it down or a solid amount of strength to knock it over and grab it. "I can only heal, so I can't help with making such a rock, but..."

Slightly cursing his height as the shortest of the trio, Belril cupped his hands over his eyes to block out the direct light into his eyes while looking ahead as far as he could see. "I don't really recall such large stones out in this distance, but things can always change in an instant."
BELRIL
Blacksmith

Change author:
There is a nod and the faintest of a smile. "Yeah- yeah that's fine." His mind reflects back on to moments- moments where Oliver would invite Amun over in hopes of engaging in sexual interactions. It was... embarrassing, very embarrassing. It wasn't something he was proud of and honestly, it was wrong to force that on Amun. At this point, it also felt wrong to be so kind to the man he was about to betray. Amun was so amazing and Oliver wanted him to be safe... but he was also terrified of the war and knew the side he had to fight on.

Without saying a word, Oliver used his earth magic to work on building up some rocks to work with. Obviously, he would be called out if he didn't at least try to help, but he wasn't going to be showing off. "Is that enough?" His eyes glance towards the kid, almost staring him down.

Oliver

Belril Sylminar
Alchemist

Change author:
Doing his best to avoid the piercing glare he was getting from whom he figured was another Abandoned, Belril quickly grabbed the rod with the glowing orb from Amun's hand to scramble up the rock. Once he got at least his arms up and on top of the new pillar of solid grey earth, the teen chipped at the stone a bit before getting the rod into the stone to keep it in place.

"...I think that should do it," he said before hopping down...and winding up flopping onto his butt from the failed landing. "Ow..." Standing back up, he did his best to avoid Oliver's gaze before feeling the need to scamper immediately back towards the Settlement, if only to keep from being glared at and to calm himself down before he tried to plan how someone like him would get literally anything from the Order, even a stealthed glimpse of the ring or compass referred to by the Voice...

~Fin
BELRIL