broken sleep
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
RONIN
THE DARK STAR
It doesn't matter that Ronin has technically been in the Tower before, or that the medical wing is located on the ground floor and thus nigh-on-impossible to get lost when walking to and from it. He's coming out of sedation, and this is a new place with new people and he's just seen his husband unexpectedly. And he's tired, dammit. So a wrong turn here, a wrong turn there, and all of a sudden there are rumours floating around the Tower of a demigod snoozing in one of the comfortable chairs outside a meeting room.

And that's exactly what Ronin is doing, if and when Tobi ever finds him. He's kicked off his boots and tucked his feet beneath him, letting an elbow prop his hand up to cup his chin, where he's snoring quietly and completely dead to the world. Part of him is hopeful that Remi will still be there when he slips back into dreamland, but alas it's just Ronin on his cloud, enjoying a ride through the Greatwood.

Except all the tree leaves are marshmallows. Go figure.
now don’t you lose hope
I swear I never dream that we’re alone
I swear I still believe but I don’t know
October Hart
Doctor

Age: 38 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: N/A - Strg: 14 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 0 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
October
It's a quiet consolation
A mistake that I don't mind
You really, really don't know what to think of this man. With his charming good looks and quick wit, you can understand why he's become the talk of the town among men and women alike. But seeing him like this, adorably passed out and in the way? Frowning and biting the inside of your cheek, you consider dumping a glass of water down the back of his shirt to wake him up. That you don't know where his dragon companion is, is the only thing that stops you.

Reaching forward you casually knock his elbow off of the chair, hoping the sudden jolt will be enough to wake him up. Quickly you push your hands into the pockets of your scrubs so that you might offer the napping demigod an entirely oblivious and innocent looking expression if and when he wakes up.
Maybe you'll meet me at the station
Or maybe somewhere down the line
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
RONIN
THE DARK STAR
In his dream, Ronin has just fallen spectacularly off his nimbus and is about to crash into the ground in what will be, he understands, a fantastically painful experience. Before he can splatter on the earth, however, he jolts awake with an undignified flail. Blue eyes blink sleepily around at the place where he's nodded off - even so soon, he's become accustomed to the drab walls of his bunk in the Dragon's Nest - and then, of course, his gaze lands on Tobi.

"I left the medical bay," he says, like it's a protest and she's about to tell him off. Squinting and rubbing at his cheek where his rings have imprinted marks from leaning against his hand, he lets out a long and sleepy sigh. "I got lost." It's a terrible follow up, and he shrugs at Tobi helplessly. "Would you mind showing me the way out? Or... did you need me for something else?" The haziness clears from his eyes somewhat, realising that if she is here, of all people, then something bad might have happened to the Spyglass he's just brought out of a coma.
now don’t you lose hope
October Hart
Doctor

Age: 38 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
October
It's a quiet consolation
You can't help but laugh at him, sleepily-confused and lost as he is. "Isn't finding the way out literally one of your powers?" You wonder teasingly, feeling a small pang of guilt for having so unceremoniously woke the man up. He did just help save Finn's life after all. He's owed a lot more than just a nap.

"No, no. I was actually going to walk to the Nest to see how you were doing, when I heard several reports of a strange man who was snoring and talking in his sleep—something about how many marshmallows he could fit in his cheeks?" You tilt your head, the skin around your eyes crinkling with the amusement of your scowl.

"That sedative sure did a number on you, huh?" You ask, instinctively reaching for one of his hands that you might check his pulse.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
RONIN
THE DARK STAR
"Leading people out of locked-in states is one of my powers," Ronin corrects her with a sunny, sleepy little smile. "Sense of direction, I never claimed to have." Especially having just dragged himself out of the depths of a drug-induced slumber. Stretching (his back cracks marvellously, to his delight), the Star leans down to grab his boots so he might put them back on, lacing them tightly.

"I'm glad there's no further issues. Not with the overdose, anyway," he says, knowing enough about his husband to know that Finn is not your average lookalike. But he leaves it at that. Snorting to hear that he's been narrating his dream to the rest of the Tower, Ronin can only straighten up in his seat and shrug. "My record is eight," he informs her with a haughty sniff, amusement dancing in his eyes.

When Tobi reaches for his hand he lets her, confused by the gesture until he realises its his pulse she wants, and not a sentimental moment. She'll find his pulse a little slower than usual, but nothing alarming. "Well, when a medical bay isn't sure how much is needed to knock me out, and the priority is getting me unconscious, I feel as though liberties may have been taken. By your colleagues, that is." He has no doubt that Tobi would have been accurate with the dosage.
now don’t you lose hope
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
October
It's a quiet consolation
"Arguably this is a locked-in state." You return, nose crinkling as his back cracks out a melody that you're not keen to have stuck in your head. "You really need to stretch more." You note. Then again, you'd sound like just as much of a bony xylophone, so you don't really have a leg to stand on. Other than that you're a doctor, of cours.e

'What's that supposed to mean?' Sounding more defensive than you mean to, the sunny smile on your lips fades considerably as you give the Star a hard look. If there are already rumours circulating about Finn you'll be more than happy to put them to rest right here and now, demigod be damned.

'Well, that's only impressive if they're the really big ones." Your easy snark is stiff now, your protectiveness for Finn making your tongue feel stiff.

He's warm from sleep and though his resting heart rate is low, he is in ridiculously good shape. Which is all just to say that you really have no idea what his baseline is. Making a mental note of what his heart rate currently is that you might check it again after, you roll your eyes at him as you release his hand. "Well, they've never had to try and knock out a demigod before. Then again, maybe it's good to know how much it'll take incase you ever decide to do the non-healing type of explosion on us."
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
RONIN
THE DARK STAR
"aRguAbLy." Ronin agrees with a playful smirk shot her way, clearly too sleepy to want to argue the point further. He stiffens somewhat as well, to hear the tone in her voice shift so perceptibly, the Star rubbing at the back of his head and sinking back in the chair for a moment. "Besides the strange connection he shares with my husband and how we found them in Apopo? I saw the man's nightmare, before I turned it into the Greatwood." He shrugs. "I guess that's what it's supposed to mean."

Abandoning levity in lieu of medical diagnoses, Ronin finds himself wading through unexpected waters yet again. "Do I detect a note of mistrust, Doctor Hart?" he asks. "I was sent here to help StormBreak. And that's what I intend to do." Until he's told otherwise, or unless the situation becomes extreme.
now don’t you lose hope
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
October
It's a quiet consolation
You've lost your balance here. Having stepped over the line from conversational to disapproving, you can't seem to find your footing again, torn as you are between being pulled in by Ronin's roguish charm and wanting to strike down any accusations against Finn. "What does your husband have to do with it?" You wonder, the Spyglass not having mentioned seeing Remi while he was unconscious.

Sighing yourself, hostility never having suited you well, you plop down into the chair next to Ronin. Crumpling as you draw one of your legs up to your chest and wrap your arms around it, you offer the Star an apologetic crinkle of your nose. "Sorry. Finn has a habit of finding himself in the wrong place at the wrong time and often gets judged unfairly for it. I didn't mean to make it seem like that's what you were doing." You say, easily swallowing your pride.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
RONIN
THE DARK STAR
"Nothing. Maybe everything." Ronin shrugs his shoulder again to October, as if to say that he isn't in control of Remi or whatever he does with other people. "They... it's hard to say. He panicked, I guess, when he woke up. After Apopo. And he was in the dream when I found the Spyglass." He doesn't make this sound like it isn't normal, merely that it provides just another connection with the man who looks just like him.

At her sudden apology, Ronin relaxes and smiles to her, waving a hand as if to tell her not to worry. "It's alright. I know it can't be easy, having us all... show up here, like this. Especially when you're used to things being one way." He sighs, glancing across to Tobi as she sinks into the chair beside him. "Sorry, if I made it seem like I was judging him."
now don’t you lose hope
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
October
It's a quiet consolation
Very little of this makes sense to you, honestly. And as Ronin speaks, you're not sure who the he is meant to refer to: Remi or Finn. You find this strange, rather than unsettling; you know nothing about the two men, other than that Falke described Finn's attention to the Lullaby as obsessive. "He was in the dream? Remi?" Your long lashes blink hard at that, as you study Ronin. "But...why? I thought you just..." You trail off, not knowing at all how Ronin's magic worked, but having no reason to believe it involved anyone else. "So Remi was Finn's nightmare?"

The way Ronin waves off your apology makes you feel even guiltier for having assumed something about his motives so quickly, and your cheeks flush with a heated sort of embarrassment.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
RONIN
THE DARK STAR
Ronin hums a note of discord to hear her speak about the ins and outs of his magic - he's a little too sleepy to give her anything comprehensive to work with, but he does his best. Letting out a quiet laugh, he shakes his head at the prospect of Remi being one of Finn's nightmares (and if only he knew). "Remi has a similar magic to mine. We... meet with each other in dreams, to stay in touch. I suppose he must have been asleep when I was bringing Finn out of his nightmares and... bumped into him along the way."

He slouches back into the chair again now, head lolling to look at her. "I'll explain properly to you when I've had a better night's sleep," he assures her. "Didn't you say..." He pauses to yawn. "...That you wanted to run tests or whatever on me anyway?"
now don’t you lose hope
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
October
It's a quiet consolation
'Well if that isn't the most cheesily romantic thing I've ever heard." You say with a laugh, leaning back in your chair and shaking your head. Meeting up with his husband in their dreams? It was sickening it was so cute. "So..you don't think Remi's presence had anything to do with Finn, then?" Earlier he had made it seem like it mattered, but his constant yawns and snoozy answers might be a sign that everything he says just now should be taken with a grain of salt.

'Well...since you're still in the Tower, it might be easier if you just come back to one of the rooms and stay the night for monitoring. Have you ever been given that much sedative before?"
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
RONIN
THE DARK STAR
"It is, isn't it?" Because of course it's not lost on Ronin (or Remi, he thinks) that they are cheesy opposites of one another. And it's difficult to cringe about it when it means he can see his husband even though they're on opposite sides of the world. That, at least, makes up for their light/dark paradigm and its obnoxious presence in their lives. "Mm... I don't know, honestly. Maybe?" Ronin admits with a sigh about the Lullaby's presence in Finn's dream.

Usually the idea of staying anywhere for monitoring is something that Ronin dislikes, but right now? The less distance to walk until he can get some real rest, the better, and so he nods to Tobi and gestures for her to lead the way. "I don't think so, no. I don't remember when I was last given a sedative at all." And his brain isn't in the best state to try and remember, either.
now don’t you lose hope
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
October
It's a quiet consolation
'They aren't...related somehow, are they?' Because the pair of them together, however briefly it was that you saw the Lullaby, makes you think they could easily be brothers, if not fraternal twins.

'Healthy as you are and with that amount of muscle mass, I'd have thought it would be out of your system by now. Then again I think they gave you enough to sedate a horse. It's a wonder you're awake at all." Rising, you pause, waiting for Ronin to do the same, ready to offer yourself as a brace should his legs prove shaky. Quite how waifish you are going to hold a man like this up is anyone's guess, but it's instinct as much as it's kindness at this point.

'We have a room that we do sleep studies in. It's a lot more comfortable than just being in one of the post-op rooms." You explain, easily able to navigate the pair of you back toward the clinic despite the now-dim lighting that fills this part of the Tower.