the streets are paved with starlight
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
everything has its wonders
Ronin knows the drill by now, so much so that it doesn't even feel like a drill. In fact, being at Stormbreak makes it easier to slip into the role, and he strolls through the Celestine towards the shrine, humming under his breath, his shirt open and celestial light pulsing out of his body. When he arrives he moves straight to the offerings left for Safrin and Vi, adding his own to the mix.

He's been practicing origami, has Ronin (does it have anything to do with the letter he plans to send back to Remi? Maybe), and the results of his efforts are here in an origami butterfly whose wings flap at the tug of a piece of paper nestled within. "It isn't nearly as beautiful as you are," he murmurs, assuming that Safrin will hear. "Neither are these gardens. But I thought a small something would add to it."
even darkness and silence

Coding base by Sky!

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
The butterfly's wings suddenly flap as the starlight pulsing off of Ronin's body creates a gentle breeze upon which they can fly. The paper insect rises around a dazzle of starlight, flitting and flying to and fro leaving behind it the scent of juniper, lilac, and petrichor. "These gardens mark one of the only times I've ever been able to endure Frey." Safrin remarks, appearing from behind a canopy of thick ivy. In a white gown with a neckline that plummets towards her naval, she flashes her Star an utterly adoring smile. "When they are split like they are now they are tolerable. Or at least, one of them is."

Raising her delicate fingers to the ivy that clings to her bare shoulders, it deeps in colour until it is a midnight velvet blue, lined with bright pulses of white.

'I've missed you.' She hums gently, dark gaze rising softly and coyly to meet Ronin's as her head tilts to the side.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"They are quite something," Ronin agrees with the slightest whisper, gazing up at the canopy of trees and starlight, but not seeming to see them at all. Nor does he seem to really be talking about the gardens, not as his eyes drop back to Safrin and a warm smile spreads across his face. There is much that has happened since the sickness, since the meeting of the gods, and Ronin finds it more simple to greet his goddess now than in a long time.

"Well, we didn't really get much of a chance to speak the last time we were together," he points out with a smirk; when Vi is breathing down your neck, you tend to not mess about and carry out private conversations. But now? They've got all night. "Thank you, for pointing me in the right direction. With the sickness." He smiles, stepping a touch closer, out of the light of the shrine with the butterfly fluttering all around him.

Coding base by Sky!

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
'No,' Safrin agrees. If ever this is a time to see her cowed and reluctant, it is in Vi's presence. He is the only one for whom she'd dim her light. The only one capable of snuffing out her stars. It doesn't slip her attention that he has not returned her sentiment, but she too knows that they have all night. And with Safrin, the night can last as long as she likes.

Offering him a gracious smile that only grows as he steps toward her, she coquettishly turns her cheek toward him to look down one of the long and winding pathways. 'Shall we?' Turning her chin back over her shoulder to gaze up at Ronin through long lashes, she inclines her head into the darkness. No doubt between the pair of them nothing will stay veiled and black for long, but just now, the path could lean anywhere.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
No, he hasn't returned her sentiment - not necessarily because it doesn't exist, but because here in Stormbreak, alone, he's not looking much more beyond how much he misses his husband right now. But that doesn't mean it isn't good to see Safrin - it is - and he nods at the request that they go for a stroll. Offering his arm out to his goddess, he gives her a warm smile. "Let's," he murmurs, pulsing all the brighter for her company.

"You know, when I was sent here, no one mentioned how... disorganised the Dragoons were," he remarks. "I was expecting something impressive. To be given orders, a rank, a schedule. Patrolling or training or... anything. I don't even know what they do, these soldiers..."

Coding base by Sky!

Change author:
She slips in beside him as if she were made to fit the hollows and rises of his body. Wrapping her fingers around his bicep, her cheek at just about shoulder height (hadn't she been taller than this once?), she strolls easily at his side. As they walk the garden opens up to them as if refreshed by Safrin's presence; pathways which have never before been walked are suddenly available and beckoning to be seen.

'That's the funny thing about accepteds, sugar. They're so used to just being able to channel us down whenever they're in the thick of things." The slit of her dress parts with every step, her hips revealed and then hidden just at the point of immodesty. Shrugging against him, her arm brushing against his, the goddess hums a small sigh. "No one alive has ever seen war. The stories they have heard about the ascended and the cataclysm of old have now fallen into legend. They've never met anyone like you, who has seen actual combat." Tilting her chin up toward her, her face silhouetted in moonlight, she smiles as if this is something for which he should be quite proud.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
They fit together like they were always meant to be, and Ronin knows that it's all Safrin's doing, but enjoys it anyway. With their faces bathed in starlight and with fresh pathways knitting their way through the gardens, the Star is happy to meander through them for as long as his goddess likes. Humming out his agreement, his brow furrows as she nestles against his side, Ronin glancing down to Safrin and letting out a sigh.

"Actual combat isn't as heroic as people make out," he mutters, Ronin glancing back front and centre and seeming far away for a second, before snapping himself out of it. "I suppose I ought to see the Eye again, and... try to whip them into shape." He smiles weakly.

"But before that... Safrin, I wonder if I might be able to do something more with my astral projection. Remi is in the Greatwood, but he is no soldier either. He is expected to make a stronghold, and there is only so much I can give him in dreams."

Coding base by Sky!

Change author:
With things as hard as they had been for Ronin, surely he was entitled to having a few things simply go his way?

"You know that." She points out, "But they don't. They can't." The mention of seeing Cian has the goddess sipping in a breath of air which someone communicates her disdain. "When the time comes it may just be a numbers game, with how things are shaping up." She replies somberly, but not untruthfully. A race has begun, and it might just end up being a sprint to see who gets to the end first.

Safrin is not so clumsy or obvious as to scowl or simper as Remi's name is mentioned. Instead, she simply lets the world around Ronin grow ever more beautiful. The path they are on begins to fade, and suddenly the pair find themselves on an alpine field, dotted with wildflowers that seem to whisper melodies. "Part of what you have all been asked to do is...a test you might say." Safrin says. Suddenly shoeless, she walks elegantly through the midnight stems and stalks and grasses of the meadow. "To lend such substantial aid might...not be in Remi's best interest."
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
"Then perhaps someone ought to teach them that," Ronin mutters, seeming a touch more sombre as their walk continues, his jaw feathering as he recalls his time in the Storm Army, even before Northaven. As they walk and the world grows ever more gorgeous, the Star at least softens somewhat, and he glances again to Safrin to smile and admire the way she meanders through the flowers. No longer is Ronin the simpering worshipper, dazzled by glow stones and celestial light.

His respect for Safrin runs deep, and the more their interactions stray to things like this, away from the personal thorns they continually prick themselves upon, the more that fondness starts to kindle again. "A test? If this is war, Safrin, there is no time for tests. Preparation will get us ready, not failure."

His frustration is evident, and he shrugs his shoulders. "I'm sure you are right," he agrees softly. "But equally I am not sure that separating us like this is in my best interests either. My dreams are far from restful, and I search for distractions in this place. Though I'm sure you're aware of that already."

Coding base by Sky!

Change author:
'You could always take them with you in your dreams. Show them all what it's like?' Her eyes watch the muscles of his jaw tense and release, resisting the urge to reach up and smooth away the wrinkles of seriousness by his eyes. Once it took only her presence and a coy look to tug him to her. But now, with years and children and stars between them, he was not so easily wooed. Still, moving away from him, nymph-like and radiant among the wildflowers, she thinks perhaps she still has a chance.

"Ahh, but this is not a war between men, like those you are used to." She points out, looking over at him as she reaches down to pluck a flower. 'This is a war between gods. We don't measure victory quite like you do." Twirling the flower beneath her fingers, the petals slip away from the stem, falling around her like rain.

Turning to him then, her expression painstakingly sad in its beauty, the goddess reaches up to softly place her fingers upon his cheek. "I'm so sorry, my Star. It is because of me that you find yourself here. Because I brought you back, and now your life is shackled to mine, and to Vi's by extension." Her perfectly painted lips pout as her long lashes close over dark eyes.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
"That is a big slumber party," Ronin remarks with a smirk, shaking his head; there's a telltale glimmer in his eyes, however, that says she's given him an idea there, and he's more than likely going to do something with the suggestion. Watching as she departs from him, eyes tracking dainty movements through the flowers, he raises an eyebrow and lets his hands drop back into his pockets. "Then why involve men at all? The only thing I know - the only thing I can teach - is war between men." He shakes his head.

Then she's approaching him, and he can smell the rosepetals and juniper in the air, feel the caress of her fingers against his cheek, softer than any feathers. His hand comes up to cover Safrin's, the Star closing his eyes as well as if the beauty in her sadness might physically hurt him. "You don't ever need to apologise for that," he says with a wry smile and a shake of his head. "You gave me a life I never dreamed I might have. I'll always be grateful to you for that. I just... if I knew things were safe, in the Greatwood. If I could check them myself..."

Sighing deeply, his eyes flicker open and his smile turns a bit more devilish. "You know, between you and I, if we found a way to extend my projection, I can't see why I couldn't use my dreams to show the Dragoons - and the rest of Stormbreak - just why you ought to be revered."

Coding base by Sky!

Change author:
"More than enough of you to go around, I should think." The goddess replies with a coquettish smirk. "Oh because you wouldn't let yourselves not be involved." She replies sassily, pulling in a breath and blowing the lingering petals toward him.

At his touch, her eyes open and then almost wince with the affection she feels for him. Safrin's kryptonite has ever been those who stand just outside of her ability to control. Those who have the power to freely give what she otherwise can't take. Gently her fingers spread as if encouraging his to wrap around them.

'Oh?' She wonders, her lips forming too perfect an O as her hand slides from his cheek down to his shoulder. "And what would you say? How I selfishly brought you back from the dead? How you're parted from your husband now against your will?" She frowns again; playing the victim never looked so easy or beautiful.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
"You would think that," Ronin says with a grin, only to roll his eyes playfully at her explanation only because it makes so much sense. "But of course," he says. "Well, if we so insist on being involved, I suppose I ought to be preparing for a lot of naps. Luckily, I've recently been introduced to quite the sedative." Drugging the dragoons so he can teach them how war works? Sure. Sure, that doesn't seem shady.

His fingertips caress the back of her palm, Ronin doing exactly as she encourages and slipping his hand into hers so it can follow her journey from his cheek down to his shoulder. The Star can't help but laugh warmly at her coquettishness, at her frowns; she definitely knows how to play her parts well, something he's never surprised at.

"Of course not," he whispers. "I would show them how you spared me the pain of death. I'd show them the world you created for me, to life among your stars. I'd show them your beauty and your radiance, and obviously your generosity to those who see you how you ought to be seen. Surely I am example enough of that."

Coding base by Sky!

Change author:
'What, alcohol? Exercise?' Ronin might have godly strength but the dragoons absolutely didn't. Real training could simply bleed into dream-training. The thought of Ronin surrounded by a bunch of dragoons, each fighting for a piece of him that they might be taken into his dreams makes her laugh.

Tilting her chin up with her head slightly to the side as if encouraging him to whisper all of this in her ear, the goddess slips her hand around Ronin's neck where her fingers press gently beneath his collar. His muscles will relax as tension bleeds out of him; positive reinforcement, and all that. "And how ought I to be seen?" Safrin wonders, and though she hasn't moved and nor has he, she's somehow closer to him now, the white silk of her dress softly billowing against him.