it started in the hayloft a-creaking (o)
Rigby Arcara
Street Urchin

Age: 25 | Height: 6' 1" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Chachy Offline
Change author:
MP: 1615
RIGBY
i'm another unperson
you created this mess
Down below the city, below where the streets bustled with sellers and thieves indulging in their endless roundabout quarrel, a lover's game if you ask him. Nobody asks him though, and if they did they'd get a morose golden glare. The only thing still bright about him are his eyes, everything else he can keep dark, easily unnoticed, just how he liked it.

Pulling a pack of cigarettes from a sunken pocket, the boy snuck down into the tunnels of Rae's Fingers. They say only smugglers know the way down here, but he'd learned a thing or two over the years. He knew when to avoid the tide, and how to follow his own paths. For now he wouldn't go in far, just to the magma burnt floors still blackened from the past year's eruptions.

Ugh, even Apopo wanted to ruin his alone time, filling his hiding places in with hardened melt.

Rigby stopped and leaned against a wall under a torch, stuffing a cigarette between his teeth and lighting the end. Smoke swirled about his face, welcome company if that was possible. Just Rigby and the ashes.
you are the grand designer
revel in our unrest
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
- NATE -
i'm shaking, salvation
i'm flying faster and faster and i...
There could be some elaborate reason that Nate's in the tunnels below Haulani, some faux story he spins more for his own amusement than anyone's actual interest, but he's tired, and sometimes it's just easier to call a spade a spade and admit he'd rather wander through the tunnels than even think about dealing with the sun right now. Morning's come later and later, it's true, but he's always a touch too eager, always still on the beach as the first rays begin to strike him.

The only real issue with this particular plan is his lack of familiarity with the tunnels. Nate has an innate sense of direction, knows about when he's been turned around, but that's much different from knowing how to get anywhere. Add that to the knowledge that there could be lava, living or otherwise, lurking around every corner, and it's a recipe for a shit storm of a mood.

The smell of smoke inspires something in his chest, an attempted bloom of hope that only grows closer as Nate follows his nose, quiet feet depositing him before a stranger with a smoke clamped between his lips. On instinct, Nate's mouth curls into a sharp grin, the humour not quite reaching his eyes. "Don't you know those things will kill you, kid?"
i was the darkness and you were the light
tear it apart and then we supercollide
Rigby Arcara
Street Urchin

Age: 25 | Height: 6' 1" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
RIGBY
i'm another unperson
you created this mess
The sound of footsteps, quick and nearing. Rigby took a deep inhale, long and displeased, removing his smoke and holding it between his thumb and index. It always had to be something, someone. Someone who felt entitled to a word, a quip, a moment of his time. Darkened eyes turned when a man appeared, a man he'd seen before around the city and even knew by name. Rigby knew lots of things, but not many people knew him; just how he liked it.

"And?" he snorted in response, not minding the dark curl that fell over his gaze. He took another drag on his cigarette, letting the smoke billow out before him. Despite not asking for company, he was curious, golden brown eyes drew over the other's frame and his tattoos.
revel in our unrest
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
- NATE -
i'm shaking, salvation
And. Well, who is he to argue with such a well thought out and eloquent argument to his concerns. ”Call it professional concern.” Nate reaches into his own pockets, flicking his pack out with a practised ease that has a single cigarette sliding out just enough for him to grab between his lips. The match is not lit quite so easily, though the flash as it catches is enough to hide his flinch, the little flickering light throwing the jagged scar across his face into sharp relief.

No smoke leaves him, Nate seemingly paused, taking in everything about the strange kid, something about him familiar, in a surprisingly painful way. Nate doesn’t know him, but he would bet money he could make a lot of real close guesses about the other. ”Whats a nice kid like you doing in a place like this, huh?” It would be a lie to say there was no concern in Nate’s voice, but it would also be a lie to say there was a lot there, the feeing outweighed by curiosity.
Rigby Arcara
Street Urchin

Change author:
RIGBY
i'm another unperson
you created this mess
Rigby scoffed at the response, narrowing his dark brows further to shoot a venomous glare at the man. Despite his most unfriendly efforts, the other remained, even pulling out his own pack of smokes and lighting one with a flash. People always seemed to invite themselves where they weren't needed, Rigby wanted nothing more than for this guy to quite literally get lost in the tunnels, and leave him alone.

But of course, that wouldn't be the case. The boy chewed on his cheek as another question was asked, one that made his skin prickle. The concern was so gross he could almost gag; he raised the hand not holding his cigarette to flip the guy off, glancing away to ignore his company and take another puff.
revel in our unrest
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
- NATE -
i'm shaking, salvation
Oh, the silent treatment, huh? Fine, his mistake, he’ll smoke in silence, unblinking eyes staring lazily at the kid, as if he’s trying to unlock whatever secrets he’s keeping. The kids got one of those faces that he recognizes from everywhere, dark gif and angry eyes and more familiar with the streets than anything else, but Nate still tries to actually place him.

The one finger salute has Nate’s brow rising, a smoky snort heralding the rough chuckle. His head tips back against the rock, the dim glow of his cherry growing brighter with another inhale. ”You should be smarter around strangers. You never know when you’ll find a crazy one.”
Rigby Arcara
Street Urchin

Change author:
RIGBY
i'm another unperson
you created this mess
For a moment Rigby was rewarded with silence, a moment where he thought they might've come to an agreement. Though he could feel the eyes on him even as he looked away, a somewhat unsettling observation. He'd never liked being the center of attention, especially not in such a secluded place. He shot the other man a calculating glance from the side, cogs turning to try and figure out what he might try next, chewing unconsciously on his light.

Rigby's pleasant gesture earned a chuckle from the other, somewhat expected but still not exactly the reaction he'd been searching for. His gaze returned from the absent space in the tunnel ahead to the other man, oozing frustration and malice as he was spoken to. The last phrase caused a pause, a hitch in his heart beat as a nagging fear wormed it's way in. He gave the other an up down once again, a reassurance, and then he sneered, a cheeky smirk behind the simmering ember, "Is'at supposed to be threatening?" he drawled, sending a cloud of smoke up with his words.
revel in our unrest
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
- NATE -
i'm shaking, salvation
What an angry little fucker. There’s a part of Nate that would find this hilarious, if he wasn’t the one actively dealing with it. Going by the surprise on the others face, this isn’t a reaction he often gets, and the ascended revels in his upper hand, all but dripping smugness when a retort is drawled back.

”Kid,” Nate pulls in deeply on his smoke, moving it to his hand so he can point it at Rigby, saying it in the process, ”If I wanted to threaten you, you’d know it. Sure, this is a kid, but how else would they learn anything if not by consequences? The voice in his head sounds suspiciously like his fathers, the realization straightening him up, smoke streaming from his nose.

Nate shifts back against the wall and let’s the corners of his lips curve up wickedly, though there’s strain evident in the tightness of his brow, the narrowing of his eyes. ”So lighten up. Life’s too short to be so fuckin’ bitchy.”
Rigby Arcara
Street Urchin

Change author:
RIGBY
i'm another unperson
you created this mess
It wasn't meant to be a threat, but he was just as readily tormented by the response as he might've been a fist to the face. The smugness on the other's face was just so irritating, the vindictive point making him bristle. He brings his gaze back to the other's for a moment, lazy brown eyes stubbornly making contact with the man's blues. Then they both broke away, Rigby sighing out a puff of smoke simultaneously with his 'companion'.

The relaxing of posture gives Rigby a moment to lose his refractory edge, finally giving in to the fact that he wouldn't be spending the rest of his smoke alone. He snorted, blinking slowly and shaking his head before letting it rest against the cavern wall, "Maybe for you old man," he retorted, smirking as he tilted his head to face the other again. Defiant, but far more content at least.
revel in our unrest
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
- NATE -
i'm shaking, salvation
Old man? What a fucking brat. Try as he might to stop them, Nate’s brows pull together, the only indication of his irritation thus far. It’s such a childish thing to retort to that he just manages to hold his tongue, to keep from making a bet that one of them will look much better in fifteen years.

”Nah,” Nate shakes his head, grinning wide enough to show off sharp fangs, ”I’ve got all the time in the world.” Immortal wasn’t quite the same as invulnerable, no matter how it could seem, but it was true enough that time alone would never touch him, never end for him. The whole train of thought has an extra edge entering his voice, the corners of his lips curling into a sneer instead of a grin.
Rigby Arcara
Street Urchin

Change author:
RIGBY
i'm another unperson
you created this mess
There it was, the stitching of brows the meant Rigby was succeeding at his job. He'd at least slightly weaseled his way under the other man's skin, given him a taste of his own medicine. His smirk remained until Nate replied, flashing devilish fangs his way. Ascended, that's right, he was one of those fucking blood suckers that the Voice made. His expression darkened, but he held eye contact, an obstinate thing.

Raised to be pious, a good little worshiper of the old gods, but he'd never harbored any love for them. Everything horrible that'd made him who he was had happened because of them, because of their apathy. He hated the fuckers, each and every one. The Voice was just another goddess, another space bitch controlling everything with electric puppet strings. He'd only give her credit for pissing off the old deities, that was something he could respect.

"Word on the street is there are some culty fucks out to get people like you, I wouldn't count on time if I were you," he pressed, face blank except for what might be curiosity edging his honey brown eyes.
revel in our unrest
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
- NATE -
i'm shaking, salvation
The grin curls into a sneer, the shadow rippling across the kids face doing nothing to improve Nate's mood, as much as it can affect him at all. There's a flash in his eyes, a bright flame of challenge. A dare, for Rigby to voice whatever it was that darkened his thoughts, whether it be criticism purely for the Voice, or all the gods.

"Please, I survived one assassination attempt, I can do another." Nate only just barely resists the urge to gesture up towards the scar that bisects his face, that had claimed half his sight not too long ago. He does reach up to pull the cigarette away from his lips though, smoke wrapping around his words. "Besides, people like me have a hell of a lot more going for us than any of those cunts think." It had taken him time to come around to this point, but he's willing to go to bat for his goddess now, willing to defend her name, apparently.

Ordinarily, Nate wouldn't bother any past this, but he had the time, had the inclination to poke and argue and snap. "What makes you think some culty fucks stand a chance?"
Rigby Arcara
Street Urchin

Change author:
RIGBY
i'm another unperson
you created this mess
Sometimes Rigby couldn't quite restrain his ire, his sharp tongue and biting words. He could see the challenge in the other's eyes, a moment that almost made Rigby regret his choice. But then again, who the fuck cares? If the guy wanted to beat on him he could, sink his teeth in whatever; self destructive attitudes get what they ask for, and he was used to it at this point.

Instead of a pissed off vamp, the thief gets a reply, something that only sparks a meager interest in him. The attempt could've succeeded and Rigby never would've been the wiser, didn't make much difference to him what the guy dealt with. He took another drag on his cigarette, letting the smoke curl around his face. He snorted, but was unamused, at the last question.

"Frankly I don't give a single shit, 'at's what I think," he droned in response, "but i'd be willin' to bet there's more of 'em than of you."
revel in our unrest
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
- NATE -
i'm shaking, salvation
Had he ever been this fucking frustrating? This irritatingly contrary? Nate wants to believe he wasn’t, no matter what the little voice inside him says. It’s a moment where he almost understands his father, without ever making that step into evil.

”Got a lot of opinions considering the shits you don’t give.” Nate points out, returning the smoke to his mouth. The cherry throws a shadow onto his face for a flash, making his frown seem much deeper, his eyes seem much more shadowed when his gaze lifts again. ”Not everything is a numbers game.”

All at once, boredom seems to strike him, and he pushes off the wall, stepping back in the direction probably of Haulani, and coincidentally, in Rigby’s direction. There’s enough of a glower on his face to make him seem taller, wider than he already is, a stomping weight to his footfall.