Every Word I Know
Ray
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
NATE

Evenings are Nate's favourite times in Haulani, the shadows long enough for him to be swaddled in, but the city still abuzz with life and energy. This is the first place that's felt anything like home, and it's easy to see why at times like this. It feels familiar. There's enough going on to keep him focused, to keep his paranoia at bay, without putting him in any real danger. Mostly.

Underestimating this place is not something he'll do again, one scar burnt into his face more than enough.

There's a lazy purpose to his steps tonight though, as he wanders through the streets looking for something familiar, occasionally stopping to confirm with someone that he's on the right track. The shop rises up before him, a bell tickling as he pushes his way in through the door and pauses, bright grin spread over his face.

"Hello?" He calls into the interior, wondering if they're actually open still. "I'm looking for uh, Ray... I think." The last aside is mumbled under his breath, everything else called out.
We had highs and we had lows
Where'd we go, nobody knows
Ray Lunarium
Herbalist / Information Broker / Torchline Councilwoman

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 18 - Int:
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:

A panther in the night, a fire burning bright.

Ray peeked her head out from the back of the shop as the bell rang. She had been sorting out some new arrivals of dried herbs. Quickly washing her hands she headed to the front. The shop was still open after all, and would be for another hour or so.  "Good evening!" Ray called cheerfully as a stranger came in. Though he looked vaguely familiar. Perhaps they'd passed on the street?

Ray felt slight suspicion and paranoia that this man asked for her by name and came in so late. If he was here for other business though, he likely would have come in through the back like the others. Regardless he was a customer so she ignored her nerves and gave a warm smile. "I'm Ray, welcome to my shop. What can I do for you?"

r a y

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
—Albert Camus

Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
NATE

Part of Nate wouldn’t even be surprised if he’d managed to stop by after business hours. It would be just his luck, especially right now, a nice introduction ruined by tardiness. But the voice that greets him is warm, welcoming, and he lets out a breath he had been holding for far too long, mismatched eyes landing on the proprietor and greeting her with a smile.

It didn’t take a genius to figure out he’d come in a touch too hot, that he’d been too forward and started alarm bells ringing, and it’s only that knowledge that keeps Nate still, keeps him from stepping closer to the counter and offering his hand right away. ”You’re Ray.” Nate echoed, his grin growing wider, though he can’t quite trick into getting any warmer. ”Vervain gave me your name. I’m Nate. I owe you a whole fucking pile of thanks, and wanted to introduce myself. Officially.”
Ray Lunarium

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

Ray relaxed at the introduction. "Oh! It's great to officially meet you. And no worries. I enjoy helping out when I can." She approached without worry now, and held out her hand to shake his in greeting. "It's nice to finally put a face to the name. I've heard a bit about you from your husband. All good things, I swear." She added with a teasing grin.

"He mentioned you were a doctor as well. If you ever need any extra supplies or someone to fill prescriptions, just let me know." Ray gestured to her shop where there was a wide array of both medicinal herbs and supplies. "I know I run a herb and spice shop but I tend to find myself helping out with some basic injuries and illnesses too. Frankly I'm wondering if I should add pharmacy to the front door." Ray chuckled as she thought about the idea.  It wasn't something she was likely to do but she was always glad to help people.

r a y

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
—Albert Camus

Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE

"If you're sure." If Ray wasn't going to hold it over his head, it would be stupid to insist on it, Nate letting it slip away without anything more than a thin smile, reaching out to take her hand in his, his skin cool to the touch, despite the heat that still stifled Haulani, even with the sun fading. "Seems like everyone meets him before they meet me. I haven't had the chance to make a bad impression on someone in weeks." He laughs at his own joke, then relaxes somewhat himself, glancing around the shop.

Nate nods, he is indeed a doctor, as far as anyone here is concerned, following Ray's gesturing before letting his eyes settle back on the shopkeeper. "I was hoping you'd say that. This kind of stuff, botany, or... herbology, or whatever you call it," his hand waves his mistake away while his words barrel on, "it's pretty new to me still. And since I can't actually grow anything, it'll be nice to have a source for good materials." Her laughter is contagious, Nate tipping his head back with the force of it. "If you're willing to work something out, it could be official." The pharmacy at least. And it would save him and Vai both the hassle of keeping materials at the clinic, of making sure things are stocked and fresh.
Ray Lunarium

Change author:

Ray chuckled, a playful smirk stretching across her face. "Oh, I wouldn't worry. First impressions come from the first encounter. You have plenty of time to wreck this one." She teased. At the mention of her possibly aiding him or truly starting a pharmacy, Ray grinned brightly.

"I'd love to help supply you! It'd be great for business and that way I can help even more people. As for turning this into an official pharmacy, that'd certainly be something to consider. And if I did do so, I'd be all for a partnership." The idea of expanding her shop was incredibly exciting. It was something that'd she'd been considering for a while now. There certainly was room to do so too. The spot right next door was vacant after all.

"I might need to rename my shop though. Lunarium Herb and Spice and Pharmacy would be far too long." She mused.

r a y

—Albert Camus

Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE

This meeting was going far better than Nate had expected, given his recent social track record. ”I’ll have to make up for how much I’ve been behaving so far then.” He rumbles back, chuckling softly.

Ray’s excitement is invigorating, considering how simple the idea is. ”I’d be more than happy to help, if you need any with a change like that.” Really, helping is the least he could do. And it would do him a world of good to throw himself completely into work, for at least a little bit. ”I’m real good at delicate work.” He says, half joking, and helped along by his broad stature.

”I’m sure you can figure out something snappy. The Lunarium uh,” A hand comes up to stroke at his chin, Nate trying t recall the word that had been in his mind only a moment ago, ”botanist? No, um... apothecary!” He snaps his fingers as he lands on the word again, a bright grin overtaking his face.
Ray Lunarium

Change author:

Ray shook her head with a smile. "Good." At the mention of help her eye's lit up. "That would be much appreciated. Adding  pharmacy and a small infirmary with like three beds for emergencies would be an excellent addition. You would not believe the number of drunk teenagers that knock on  my door in the middle of the night with broken noses and refusing to see an actual doctor." Ray rolled her eyes with exasperation. "Somewhere to put them and store specific treatments would be a lifesaver."

Ray laughed at image of Nate doing delicate work. "If you weren't a doctor, I wouldn't even consider you capable of such work. At least not without breaking something." Truly he did not have the build one would associate with something requiring such finesse.

"The Lunarium Apothecary? That sounds perfect!" Ray was truly excited now. She grabbed a piece of paper and a pen. "The space next door certainly has the room. I could add a counter and storage for prescriptions. Maybe add a wall to create a small room with a handful of beds and emergency supplies? And there might even be room to expand my workshop into there to give me more room to craft and mix things. Oh hell how do I even start all this?" Ray shook her head, a bit overwhelmed.

r a y

—Albert Camus

Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE

Nate thinks he would absolutely believe the number of teenagers looking for a quick fix to some drunken escapades, but only because he’d been one of those teenagers, because he’d been surrounded by them growing up. ”Thats pretty generous of you.” He laughs. ”Better they have somewhere safe to go than just wandering around. Better everyone does, honestly.” If it’s not something he can provide, then he can least have a hand in the alternatives.

”That’s the fun of it. I always keep people guessing.” It was some piece of advice he’d heard from someone when he was just old enough to remember it, let people overestimate you or underestimate you, but never let them know exactly what you’re capable of. ”I don’t blame you though. There’s days I forget what I do sometimes too.”

There’s a sparkling edge to Nate’s grin, excitement bouncing between them easily as he listens to the plans edge that much closer to reality. ”It sounds like you’ve already got a pretty solid plan to me.” He points out, holding a hand out to reach for the pen. ”May I?” If he’s obliged, Nate will doodle a rough floorplan, consisting of all the features Ray has mentioned; the counter, the storage space, the infirmary. The only thing that’s missing is her workshop, and only because Nate doesn’t know what the space needs well enough to doodle it an extension for it.
Ray Lunarium

Change author:

Ray shrugged. "I guess so. Though I do make them come back and help clean up the blood sometimes. Not sure if it's a good thing to teach rambunctious teenagers how to get bloodstains out of upholstery but hey, their mess, they clean it." She chuckled, remembering the many grumpy and hungover teenagers who showed up the next day to help after a hectic night.

She rolled her eyes. "Gods forbid they find out the truth." Ray teased with a grin as Nate goes on. But when he offers to help with the design, she quickly hands it over. Ray was curious about what an actual doctor would add. It was would certainly be useful input so she watched him with open curiosity. "That looks awesome!" She exclaimed as her ideas came to life before her on paper.

r a y

—Albert Camus

Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE

There’s a beat before Nate laughs, loud and boisterous, shaking his head at the thought. ”Kids will find a way to do it anyway. Might as well teach them the best way.” Whether he was talking about getting in trouble in general or specifically about the bloodstains was open to interpretation, the edge of laughter still in his voice.

Nate pretends to be chastised by the eye roll of a moment, humouring Ray easily. ”I think life’s a little more fun my way.” He boasts, smirking to himself and keeping up the act right up until his focus is snatched instead by a whirlwind of planning. When he’s finished, handed off his ideas, the ascended grins brightly. ”Glad you like it. I’ll be here when you make it happen.” He leaves the paper behind and takes a step towards the door, his head dipping in a silent farewell. ”I’ll see you soon.”

Done~