from many to more
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

With Leafchange waning, Deepfrost looms - dark and cold and full of danger. There’s always much to do with the advent of the season and though the Grounds is emptier than it has been in some time, that doesn’t mean there aren’t preparations to make. Perhaps of a different kind this year - but, that is something that is yet to be determined.

Her Advisors are there for a reason, as of yet unsummoned, so the Queen sends a note requesting them at a meeting the next night at Theskyra House.

Daphne is welcoming as usual and has prepared tea and a light snack for Oliver, should he wish to eat. It makes no difference to the Wraith, she would much rather non-Ascended guests be comfortable. When the men arrive, they are ushered into the room with a larger table and a map on the wall (courtesy of Deimos, though the Sword is no longer with them). Wessex has her notes laid out before her; ideas fleshed out and the lists made, though there are still holes to be filled.

WESSEX
come, you spirits that tend on mortal thoughts
unsex me here
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
full moon rising on the waters of my soul
Amun, at least, had a short trip to Theskyra House. The office he'd built for his advising duties was right next to Wessex's place, so he was there taking some notes when night fell. Grabbing a fresh journal, a quill, and some ink, he meandered over to the Wraith's home.

Smiling and nodding a greeting at Daphne, the potter did not partake in the food or drink. Instead, he just flopped into the nearest chair, eying the map and the papers strewn about. "You've been busy, Princess." He winked at her, setting his own empty notebook down on the table. "Before the others arrive, how are you doing?"
amun

Coding base by Sky!
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
Like Amun, Oliver came prepared. A small, leather-bound notebook was brought along with a few different writing utensils. As well, he had his knife tucked away for safekeeping. Otherwise, he saw no point in bringing anything else to the meeting.

He's quite surprised to be greeted by someone at the door, who guides him towards the room where the others are. Eyes widen as he steps into the room, scanning the map along the wall before he looks over at the two. "Hello, sorry if I'm late." And then he sees the food and oh damn is he excited.

"I know this means nothing, but I still haven't met anyone from this Order...none of them have ever interacted with me. Do you have descriptions of any of them?"

and my hopes they are high I must keep them small
Oliver

Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
they will shake their heads and wag their fingers
by daybreak we'll be gone
This really wasn't his sort of scene, not at all the kind of place Bastien imagined himself fitting in; he'd never been one for hushed, official spaces or 'meetings' that didn't involve getting naked or having wine. Still, he had agreed to be an Ambassador for the Grounds and he kept his word, so here he was. Smiling at his fellow council members and settling in to sit down at the table, lacing his fingers before himself and wishing Rexanna could be there too.

She'd always been better at this sort of thing.

He greeted everyone, but said nothing of business yet, eyes flicking to Oliver at his question about the Order, a shadowy organisation Bastien only knew vague things about, but already knew he would hate passionately. Had they infiltrated the town already?
BASTIEN
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

“Always,” Wessex replies to Amun as he enters, flashing him a relieved grin. Whether she acknowledged it enough or not, his presence lately has been both immensely helpful and welcome. As for how she’s doing… rather than completely deflect, she shrugs. “Keepin’ on. We lost Mabel and Evelyn. I’m worried about half a dozen things, and feeling rather helpless despite, you know, being powerful.” Pausing briefly to consider what she’s just said, she shrugs again. “So, not terrible. Been better.”

The front door opens and she hears Daphne welcome Oliver, so instead of continuing the conversation aloud, resumes it mentally. “You?”

Gesturing to Oliver to indicate that she should help himself to the food if he wants, and then Bastien is there and they might as well dive right in. “I don’t think any of us have,” Wessex responds with a look around the table. “And that’s fine right now, it’s one of the things we need to talk about. But no, no descriptions of Order members yet.” Flipping back to her notes, she looks to Amun and Oliver first. “I know about the others, was your orb set?” Because as long as that part is done, they can focus their abilities on the other part of the task.

And if it was slash is in the process of being completed, then Wessex will nod and move on. “Let’s come back to the Order, that might be a more lengthy discussion. So, LongNight - we all know the endeavor we’re undertaking this year. I want everyone who lives in and around the settlement out. There is no option to stay this year. We will send them to Torchline, which I’m in the process of making sure is all right with Sunjata. Probably the younger Ascended too, if we can. I find it hard to believe the Voice will require them to be out at night if they’re in the utmost danger.” And they can’t really afford to lose anyone else, can they?

“However, I do still think we need to do some preparations. Thoughts?”

WESSEX
unsex me here
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Grimacing at the mention of their fallen sisters, Amun shook his head. "I knew about Mabel but Evelyn..." He winced, since he hadn't actually told the Wraith about Mabel's senseless death. Apparently Wessex already knew, though. "You're powerful, but you're also human. Well, kind of. One person, I mean. Even with teleportation, you can't be everywhere at once."

Smiling, he inclined his head to her. "Luckily, you've got help," he reminded her with a wink, gesturing at the empty chairs that were soon filled.

Nodding at Oliver and Bastien as they arrived, the potter's lips twitched at the Queen's silent message. Things are good, actually. I'll share the dirty details later. With that, he flipped his journal open and started taking notes.

Frowning as the Order came up, he sighed. "Yes," he said in response to her question about the orb. Humming a few notes, he looked around a the little group. "It's probably worth calling in favors from people asking them for help with finding Order members. Or better yet, acquiring a compass." He shrugged, brow furrowing.

LongNight caused his frown to deepen. "I'll round up the older Ascended and see about training them up. You included," Amun informed Bastien with a fleeting grin. The potter's grimace returned right after though. "We can't get everyone to leave though. You know people are going to have stupid reasons for staying, tasks from some god or other. Probably best to just ask them to tell us so we have a full count of who will be here, and then prepare a fortified position that can hold us all."
amun

Coding base by Sky!
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:

{just want to keep this moving, talked to lam about it already. No post order, jump in whenever}

“I know,” Wessex acknowledges with a small sigh when he says she can’t be everywhere at once. Accepting her limitations has never been easy, and as things ramp up she’s finding it even more difficult to come to terms with. “Evelyn was murdered and then tossed in the Outskirts, so we’ll have to deal with that.” Her gaze goes distant for a moment, lost somewhere inside herself before her lips purse and she looks around again. There seems to be nothing more for her to say about it right now.

“They might,” the demigod acknowledges with a slow nod, “but I’m hoping that a reminder of the enormity we’re undertaking might dissuade them from sticking around. By now everyone knows the risks. Maybe adding the danger of being caught in a fight will finally sway some of the more stubborn folk.” Shrugging, the Queen resigns herself to not being able to make everyone listen. It’s not like she has an army at her beck and call, to force people from their houses, just in case.

“And I was hoping, Bastien, that you might go see Deimos about making something fire based that could help us this year. I’m not entirely sure yet what that might be - a, a net of some sort, or a flame-throwing thing?” Her hands dart quickly through the air to illustrate the size or range of weapons she means, knowing that her ideas are rough sketches at best. They need input to be fleshed out.

WESSEX
unsex me here
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Glancing over to Amun, Oliver offers a nod. "I cant say I know anyone who's really, you know, met with them for very long... the ones I do know are super hard to get into contact with. Do we know if the Order will even leave their home at this point?" It was an honest question, one that he was hopeful for a certain answer, but he would hide it as best as he could.

There is a raise of his eyebrow at the mention of Deimos. Would... would Deimos help the Ascended knowing their ultimate plan? The idea of banning the Order? It felt wrong- but then again, Deimos would also be likely to help if he only knew about the LongNight mission. "I can work on preparing places for people to stay in Torchline. I wouldn't want anyone to get caught up in LongNight and I always suggest people leave if they can. I'd be willing to help with this."

And it sucked because it was honest. Oliver would absolutely help out with this sort of thing, but Wessex had already poisoned the water... and it saddened him.

Oliver

Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:

Glancing at Oliver, Wessex’s brow furrows, trying to follow his line of thought. “So… you do know people who have been in contact with them?” That furrow arches into something a little more demanding, not quite incredulous, but curious as to why he's held out on this information. “Who? And how so?”

As for who would take care of what for LongNight, the Wraith shakes her head a bit. This, at least, was already something she’s thought about. “I’d actually like you to organize the luxere singing, Oliver. You’ve done that in past years and it seems to have been effective. They like your light magic. It would be a great help if we could have a group in the Sanctuary for safety,” A giant if, but one worth pursuing, “And maybe another in the Outskirts, for those who refuse to leave. And of course, Bastien and I will be here to help with everything else, he’ll have to return before the snow sets in and I have no plans on leaving.”

“Amun can organize things in Torchline.” Looking to Amun, the Queen nods decisively.

WESSEX
unsex me here
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
they will shake their heads and wag their fingers
by daybreak we'll be gone
These kind of arrangements were not Bastien's speciality; he never had been one for strategy or preparing for a fight, and honestly the thought of facing the monsters still soured his heart (what if he had to look eye to eye with one pretending to be Rexanna? Would he be able to make a blow?); still, he could see why it was needed, and would not argue however Wessex wanted to arrange it. Their numbers would be small, though.

"If we were to take the 'older' Ascended, who would that leave us with?" He asked, considering the team they'd have. "The three of us here, Nate if we can convince him to come, Samuel...I guess..., Osozo, who is young but probably capable..is there anyone else?" It felt pitifully small.

He agreed that inevitably, they would not be able to get everyone out. There were stubborn families in the Grounds that had been there for generations, who would not see anything different about this year; he would do his best to convince those he could, but all they could do otherwise was try to keep them as safe as possible. As for contacting Deimos, he tilted his head side to side. "I can try, but I am not sure I would be successful. There are only so many things he can make every so often."
BASTIEN
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:

Nate will come,” she says, with full faith that it won’t even be an issue.Mara. And Neron. Actually -” a bit of surprise and alarm flits across her face. “He’ll need to get here by the end of the season too. I’ll send him a reminder.” She makes a note of that, then goes back to the list. “I’m not sure about Osozo. Haven’t seen him for quite some time… erring on the safe side and not counting him, that’s seven.” Would it be enough? “And whatever aid the Voice will give us. I have faith that she’ll do everything she can to help us achieve this.”

Their Lady wouldn’t leave them out alone in the dark.

“I also have some ideas… if when you go to Halo, you could post on the notice board that we’re looking to borrow any magical fire based that they can part with for the week, it might turn up some unexpected help. Add in that i’ll personally offer collateral if it’s valuable or they’re worried they won’t get it back.”

Glazing back to Amun, she nods to him. “If you’d do the same in Torchline, or tell Nate to ask around, that would be great. You never know, ex-Grounders might be more willing to help with this than we think.” In fact, she was kiiiiiinda banking on it.

WESSEX
unsex me here
Blacksmith

Change author:
Well... that came out wrong. There is a quick shake of his head. "No- sorry. I mean... I've seen Notice Board posts around, yeah? I know Morgan wanted to meet 'em, and I'd assume she was able to seeing as she's the leader of Halo. She probably would know. I would also assume the other leaders know about them." Oliver had simply worded things wrong, honestly. This was an actual blunder rather than an attempt to sabotage. "I wouldn't know how to talk with them myself or for sure if they know... I also would guess that Amalia has met them, but I don't know how to get into contact with her." He could've sworn there was a mention of them... but he wasn't sure anymore. Surely, many others had met the Order members.

Wessex chooses instead to have him focus on Luxere. So, while he doesn't want to be around for much longer, he also cares a lot about the safety of others. "I can do that, of course." He would stay for the safety of the Naturals and those who were still living in the Grounds. They didn't deserve to be caught up in this living hell created by Wessex.

"Is there anything else I can do? With DeepFrost, I want to make sure I can help soundproof the buildings as soon as possible. So I will get to work early in the season."

Oliver

Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Amun growled at the revelation that Evelyn had been murdered. However, the conversation moved too swiftly for him to comment on it.

Watching the exchange between Oliver and Wessex, Amun frowned. However, the Wraith was already asking for confirmation. Making a note to try and speak with Morgan, the potter sighed. "I know we already spoke to Nate and Neron, but this feels like an all hands on deck situation. We should all reach out to our contacts and see if they've met an Order member. I'll talk to people in Torchline while I'm there."

Smiling at Bastien, Amun nodded towards the artist. "We got this." The potter looked back at the Queen. "I'll look into magical fire, but we should also just reiterate the call for weapons and defenses more generally, I'd imagine." Turning to the blacksmith, Amun shrugged. "I can take point on fortifying the Temple again, since we should probably have a fall-back point. You're welcome to help."
amun

Coding base by Sky!
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:

“I hadn’t even heard of them, officially, until Remi said something.” Wessex replies to Oliver’s question, which made her feel all the more insistent about it. “That’s a good question though. We can’t go to their home, as far as I know. Abandoned are murdered by statues when entering Stormbreak… I have to assume Ascended would have a similar fate. That leaves Attuned, maybe, as our best bet to draw them out. Or Accepted.”

Hmm, that might be a good starting place. “If there’s someone one of us trusts implicitly, who doesn’t have any obvious connections to the Grounds, maybe that person could put feelers out, saying they have information about Ascended… someone from the Order might show up. I’ve got a shadow cloak I’ll leave with Daphne that makes someone invisible in the shadows. Hell, if all we need to do is see one in use, we just have to identify an Order member and tail them until they go back to Stormbreak.”

Her gaze goes to the three of them. “It needs to be discrete.” Not that it needed to be said, but it needed to be said lest it find the Order’s ears. As for anything else…

She hums quietly before answering Oliver. “We’ll need a wide assortment of abilities for LongNight. No need to decide now, but if you would consider lending your telekinesis, I saw what you could do in the tunnel in the Outskirts. It might be a great help.” A one-time use, but a use nonetheless. After all, they’d need to be topped up on everything.

“I think that’s it for me. Any other concerns that need addressing?”

{Post if you have more to say, otherwise I’ll edit this with a fin tomorrow. Thanks friends! <3}

WESSEX
unsex me here