double vision in a rose blush
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
REMI
Remi knew when it came to the sexual aspect of Frey, that offerings which could easily lend themselves to sexual puns were often appreciated. But the nature aspect? He had no idea; he'd never met them. So going off of his best instincts, the alchemist arrives with water fresh from the Stongsong, a handful of seeds, and some peppermint bark. In a wooden bowl, Remi lets the peppermint bark stir the water, that some of its nutrients and natural sugars might be borne out. Into this he adds the seeds, which eventually he plants next to the shrine.

"Frey." Remi mumbles as he continues to kneel in the dirt by the shrine, his eyes closed. Without wings or any other adornments, the alchemist steels himself against what might come, having never had favourable interactions with the deity prior to their split. But perhaps now?

"I come to speak with you about the safety of the Greatwood."
Guess I'm feeling unmoored, can't remember
what I used to fight for
I rewind th? tape but all it does is pause on th? very moment
all was lost
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Frey
The earth trembles where Remi has planted the seeds, and at first it looks as though they're going to be spat spitefully back at him. But not so - his offering is not only accepted, but appreciated. Tiny sprouts pop up from the ground, twisting and vibrant, seeking the warm sunshine. "The Greatwood seems safe enough with you in it, peach," Frey murmurs from the depths of the Crimson Cataract.

They appear at the water's edge, resting their forearms against the bank, much toned down from their sexually charged counterpart. "Unless there's something else on your mind?" There is, obviously, otherwise he'd not be here. Frey splashes their legs in the water, and crimson lichen crawls up their abdomen and onto their chest. They are, of course, unbothered.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
REMI
Watching as Frey appears, the alchemist can't help the way his body tenses. His chin tilts upward and telltale feathers creep into his curls. But this isn't the Frey he's experienced before; sensations of lust do not accompany the arrival of this herald, and for that Remi is most grateful.

"Knowing how guarded the Greatwood is...I don't want to overstep in my efforts to protect her. But the fae mentioned that ever since the attack from the ascended on the Mathair in creating a portal, that the goddess they believed resided within the tree has been silent."

Choosing his words carefully, not wanting to malign the fae for their beliefs, but needing to know what was folklore and what was true, the Lullaby looks to Frey with as earnest and genuine of a glance as he can manage, bearded and haggard though he is.

"Is there a goddess? And if so, where can she be found?"

I'd like to use my critical plot information, plleeeeease.
what I used to fight for
all was lost

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Frey
"One cannot overstep when they are sent by gods," Frey points out; however guarded the Greatwood may be, the Lullaby has been stationed there by those who fall above the forest's usual protection. Still, they listen to the alchemist's concerns, his questions, all the while splashing merrily about in the lichen infested waters. Reaching out, their fingers play through the grass along the water's edge.

Humming out a long, thoughtful sigh, as if debating Remi's need to know, Frey finally smiles a gentle smile. "Yes, peach. The Mathair is a goddess in her own right. She is not the tree - that is merely the place where she resided. Since the corruption by the Ascended portal, she has been forced to flee. Now she resides in a place known as the Feverlands, homeless and hungry."

Frey tilts their head. "Would you return her to the Greatwood?" they ask.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
The information offered is not what the Lullaby had expected to hear at all. Sitting up straighter, his eyes focused on Frey's features rather than the grasses that they ruffle with their fingers, the Lullaby blinks his ignorance and surprise for a moment before answering. "If...that was what she wanted. If the Mathair was only where she resided..." He shrugs; the gods told him where to go, he didn't do the same for them.

"Hungry you said...what...do gods eat?" Remi's lips are slanted and his gaze becoming more sly, finding the idea of a god gorging themselves the way a mortal might entirely amusing.

Perhaps this goddess would like wine and bacon sandwiches?
what I used to fight for
all was lost

Change author:
Frey
"Mathair is a dark and fickle goddess. It is why she liked the Fae so much - I have no doubt she would like to return to the Greatwood, if you would help her to make a home there." Remi meets Frey's gaze and the deity does not look away; their eyes seem to bore into the Lullaby's, as if able to read him plain with nothing more than a stare.

As for what gods might eat? Frey is smiling now as well; a hungry, sly smile of their own. "Gods? That is too vague a question to answer. But Mathair? She is hungry, peach. She'll eat anything, and she'll need to eat a lot of it. Try warm, fresh meat - that taste always seems to benefit an ailing creature. At least one like Mathair."
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
Remi is used to being read in such a way. By Frey, by Ludo. It isn't the strange nakedness he feels that makes him shiver, but the way the wind suddenly seems to whistle through his ribs and through the cockles of his heart wherein wounds have gone sour, despite Ludo's spring-cleaning seasons before.

Remi's stomach rumbles, his predatory nature rousing from slumber at the prospect of fresh meat. In the Greatwood the alchemist had been sticking to a fairly vegetarian diet, not wanting to upset the natural balance of things. It wasn't the most satisfying, especially with the amount of physical labour he'd been doing, but it felt like the right thing to do.

Hearing what Frey had to say now on the subject made Remi want to salivate, or worse, dig his claws into the first thing he saw. Which of course was Frey. Swallowing hard and nodding, the alchemist stands, dusting off his pants and nodding.

"Well, if it's fresh meat, I'm sure I can help with that." He says with a hazy smile, his mind already far, far away. "And the Feverlands...where are they? How do I get to them?"
what I used to fight for
all was lost

Change author:
Frey
Frey's smile turns ever more crooked, and the tips of sharp teeth can be glimpsed. Nature isn't all berries and flower blossoms, after all. "Take sparingly, peach, and the Greatwood will not collapse beneath the weight of your appetite. Especially not with Deepfrost coming, and herds of luxere on their way." They loll back on the banks, and the grass and mosses are already crawling over them, as if to absorb them back into the Cataract.

"The most direct route is south along the Stonesong," they offer by way of reaching the Feverlands. "You will need to pass through King's End. Be wary of monsters, young Lullaby." And that is as much guidance as they will offer, before they are snatched up entirely by the earth.

~FIN