Random Event larks in mirages
rare animal sighting!

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

The storms have long since faded allowing access to the vast and untamed deserts of Hak Etme. So when there is suddenly a funnel cloud of reddish sand that streaks directly into the air, it's worth taking note of.

In the center, with eyes of warm black and a body that seems to have been created from sand and bone and hair, stands a rare sight indeed. Though Qilin can be found in Hak Etme, there is only one of the creature standing at the heart of the funnel cloud. One creature who commands the sands and the storms; she is perhaps not so pleased as the rest of you, that the storms have abated.

You have 24 hours to enter this thread before the creature will be 'gone'!

A few notes.

1. There will be LOTS of upcoming REs, animal sightings, drops, etc. Even if you need things for levelling, please don't feel that you need to bend IC realism to make your way into these threads. We promise, lots more are coming.

2. That being said, realistically unless you are currently 'in' the HG or GW, you'd have no reason to venture this far west to Hak Etme. (AKA if you're not a resident of one of these places, please put an OOC note justifying how it is you're here)
RANDOM EVENT
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
WESSEX
the wraith
The how’s of two major events circle her mind, round and round like vultures over a dying elephant, they look for an in, for a final gasp and a breakthrough. Waiting for her mind to unlock and the secret to success to reveal itself. Maybe that’s why she walks, to mull and muse. She walks and walks and walks and walks. Through rivers and over browning islands - or are they peninsulas? - skirting the Greatwood as much as she can.

Head down, cloak up; grass turns to dirt, which turns to sand and she stops, amazed once she finally, properly looks up. Huh. Probably not the best place for an Ascended to be, she concludes as she looks out on the vast expanse of emptiness, flat and dry, save for something maybe in the distance. Hmmm, yes, that does appear to be something. Now that her intrigue is piqued, the Wraith decides (for better or worse) to head towards the funnel that seems to rise out of nowhere, until it comes into focus and she can spy a creature… inside?
she's pullin' the trigger
cause it's me and the moon, she says
and i have no trouble with that
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
REMI
the lullaby
He's been here before of course, but is surprised as anyone else might be to see the pillar of sand that stretches toward the sky. Surprised even more to see Wessex as well, though he simply gives the Queen a nod as he makes his way toward her, giving the creature within the cyclone a healthy berth.

'A new day, a new potential threat, mm?' The Lullaby mutters under his breath, by way of greeting. Folding his arms across his chest and staring at the creature within the storm, recognizing it vaguely as having the same shape as Amalia's shift, he wonders if it isn't the same one that had nearly tried to lure him, Ronin, and Alina to their deaths when last he was here. But no, that one hadn't been coloured like this, though perhaps that hardly mattered.

"It's a Qilin, I think."
Like you'd get your knuckles bloody for me

Code taken from Sky who is utter perfection
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

With eyes clever and dark as flint, the creature inside—qilin or no—has obviously taken note of Wraith and Lullaby. The sandstorms raging around it, previously in a funnel-cloud shape, suddenly part like vast wings that stretch up toward the cloud.

Is it beckoning to you?

Is it a display of agression?

This thread is now only open to Wessex and Remi. No others may join.
RANDOM EVENT
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
WESSEX
the wraith
“Always,” she answers wryly without glancing back at the man. Though their spar wasn’t yet finished Wessex had recently made her peace with the opposition she faces and cordiality between them is enough. They both know it isn’t personal.

She doesn’t recognize the creature at first, not until Remi says something. His comment sparks an idea, the image of Amalia in Qilin form racing with other unicorns - or were they unicorns? Stuck in a sand storm, yet unhurt. Could they be the same kind of thing this creature is. Placing her hands out in front of her in the universal I’m not here to hurt you, gesture, the Wraith takes a slow step forward, voice soft and low, though what she says is directed at Remi.. “You got any tricks up your sleeve that can show this guy that I may or may not have rescued something like it from the storms outside the Grounds?” Her shadow isn’t that dextrous, which leaves her woefully unable to communicate. Fully aware that the Lullaby is under no obligation to help her whatsoever, she nevertheless presses on to the point, “And that I’d like to help get them out of the Grounds, back to here?”

Change author:

Has the creature gotten what it was here for? Has it been placated? Frightened? Intimidated? With eyes of pitch and facial muscles not designed for displays of emotion, the creature gives no indication as to its state of mind nor what it thinks of the two before it.

The winds grow stronger and more fierce for a moment, cutting in and around the creature as if it were a present to be wrapped. Engulfed entirely, there is a roar from the winds before all falls entirely and eerily silent. The reddish sands fall and before Wraith and Lullaby there is only a vast and empty stretch of desert.
RANDOM EVENT
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX
the wraith
No answer from either and the Wraith is left standing there, feeling like an idiot.

Okay. Fine. Add it to the list of things and creatures that don’t like her; this one likely isn’t personal, it’s just the two demigods in a strange new land that hasn’t seen people for you know, like three hundred years. There are bound to be some hostilities, much like with the Naturals and the Outlanders. Well, whatever. She shrugs and disappears from sight without comment preferring to take the easy, almost-instantaneous route back to the Grounds.

Maybe it’s time to try and find that unicorn herd again.

{Fin for W}