Training feel that sun just hold you right
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
// tell me what you know, i'm in deeper than i've ever been
i will never grow, while this anchor is chained to my feet //
He feels better than he has in the previous weeks. That medicine Vai had whipped up just earlier today had already helped wonders. But nothing quite improved it as much as having Nate back does. It improves his mood tenfold, feeling almost impervious to the brief shadows that start to dissipate, wondering if perhaps Nate’s absence and his mind working too much at once had caused it all to spiral on top of one another.

Things were fine now, the shadows were at bay, and he was dealing. Which mean that he needed to get back in shape, at least somewhat. So it’s late, roughly about dusk when Sunjata’s wrapped up everything he needed to that day, and finds himself at the Clinic, practically dragging Nate out with a surprising amount of energy that he hasn’t had in weeks. Something to burn off. “I thought maybe we could go a couple of rounds. I’m a bit out of practice.” He rumbles by explanation, directing them to the Slagveld.

Once they’ve made it inside, he lights a few of the oil lamps around to illuminate the boxing ring with light after the previous patrons had left for the evening and they’d burned out. “How many do you think it'll take?” He asks, turning to Nate with an eager grin. How many rounds should they go until the Attuned gets tired? It's typically far sooner than it takes Nate. Still, it gets his plan accomplished in the end, it burns off his bounding energy.
i settled my grievance by crafting a mask, and i never looked back
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
just put down the bottle, don't listen to what you've consumed
Nate hasn’t realized the time. Hell, he hasn’t even realized it’s dark, not until Sunjata arrives in the clinic and interrupts his focus, split between hasty plans for the house and patient notes he’s been meaning to catch up on, at least for Vai’s sake. There’s no way he’s turning down Sunjata though, not with the infectious mood he’s in, a grin spread over Nate’s face before he finishes locking up the clinic. He pauses for just a moment to press a kiss to his husbands lips, an arm wrapping around his hip so they can press together while they walk.

The idea of burning off some energy, some anxiety in the ring seems so obvious the moment it’s said out loud, and yet it hasn’t occurred to Nate at all. ”That sounds fucking perfect.” He beams, eagerly following the trail Sunjata blazed. ”Im not going to take it easy on you though.” It’s as much a warning as it is a joke, fingers squeezing the attuned’s hip tightly.

Nate shrugs out of his shirt as Sunjata gets to work lighting the room, the lamps warming the ring with a homey glow. ”Come on now, don’t make it so easy to pick on you.” Nate teases, his free hand coming up to tap against his husbands chest, pushing him and hooking his fingers into the attuned’s shirt in the same jerky motion. ”How about this. If you make it through more than five I’ll make anything you want me to for dinner.” It’s low stakes, but it’s fun, and it’s thé that the point? Besides, he’s being fair about it, not taking advantage of his inhuman stamina.
it's chaos, confusion, and wholly unworthy
of feeding and it's wholly untrue
NATE
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
The close contact, a kiss pressed to his lips before they’re departing from the clinic and the way Nate’s arm hooks around him, settles a small amount of the rebounding anxiety that’s shifted into energy, and he can’t help the excitement he has at his husband’s agreement for a spar, a crooked grin forming on the Attuned’s face as he already pulls Nate toward the Slagveld, an arm wrapped around the Ascended’s shoulders. “I’d expect nothing else, skatjie.” He rumbles, a knowing smirk sent his way.

But they arrive, Nate shrugging out of his shirt while the Attuned moves about the ring to turn the lights back on after the last patrons had departed. He turns back toward Nate after lighting the last one, feeling the doctor’s hand tapping against his chest with a slight shove before pulling him forward by his shirt, a snort leaving Sunjata with a playful roll of his steel gaze. “It is kind of easy, though, you have to admit.” He rumbles with a hint of amusement flashing through the bond.

As for making it through five rounds, Sunjata’s smile grows more crooked and amused, his gaze lifting to the ceiling as he considers it, before leaning in toward Nate to press a kiss to his lips, pulling away quite swiftly. “Mmmm... You’ve got a deal.” He pulls away, flashing a wink. But a thought occurs to him beforehand, and his hand seeks out Nate’s, to drag the Ascended to the edge of the ring. Perhaps now is as good a time as any to give his husband the birthday gift he’d picked out, slipping out of Nate’s grip as he pulls the dangled earrings from his ears in preparation for the spar. “Oh, also, I’ve got something for you.” He murmurs with a hint of excitement. “Close your eyes.” Glancing over his shoulder, a brow raises expectantly, waiting for Nate to follow through.

When he does, Sunjata slips into a back room, pulls out a rather large box, before returning and holding it in his arms in front of Nate. Gelukkige verjaarsdag my lief. He hums through the bond. Once Nate opens his eyes, he’ll find the unassuming box in Sunjata’s arms, and within it a crossbow, fashioned with black, the end with two navy feathers, a set of arrows nestled within, made with similar blue fletching.
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
A couple of bumps and bruises, a couple of aches and pains, and they’ll be good as new. There’s nothing like a good workout to get rid of anxiety, and the tightening thread of tension winding around them. Nate’s excited for some release, excited for this normalcy. He pulls Sunjata close, leaning in to press their foreheads together. ”Its only easy because you make it easy.” He rumbles, meeting the steel gaze, so close its blurry. ”You make other things hard though, so I guess it balances out.” Something that is so obviously a joke shouldn’t come out so heated, but Nate can’t really help himself.

His eyes close as their lips press together, the corners of his lips curled up in an easy to feel grin. There’s a huff of frustration at how short it is though, Nate’s other hand coming up to grab at Sunjata’s hip. ”You just got suckered.” A bright laugh leaves him, his hands not leaving his husband when he can simply be lead along to the edge of the ring, when he can stay close. He draws back into his own space, stroking his chin at the mention of something for him. But...

Close his eyes? Nate rolls them, a scoff and a grin on his face that sobers quickly when steel eyes flick back towards him. With a sigh, both hands lift to cover his eyes, brows lifted in quiet expectation. Sunjata isn’t gone long, keen ears picking up on the quiet steps, but it’s the words in his mind that actually give him permission to drop his hands, surprise flashing across his features. ”Fuck.” He snorts, reaching out to take the box. Would you believe I forgot about my birthday?

There’s a whole different crisis wrapped up in that, one that he can suffer when Sunjata is asleep and the true realization of how he’s aged, and how he hasn’t, can fully grip him. Thankfully, it’s also one he can stave off by opening the box, eyes widening. This is beautiful. He lifts the crossbow from the box, hands smoothing over the black finish, the blue feathers. It’s as much an accessory as it is a weapon, and Nate loves it. ”How am I supposed to beat you now, huh?”
NATE
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
You guess it balances out?” He can’t help but to let the amusement flicker more through him, a raised brow, a grin forming on his face with surprising ease. It remains, as Nate presses his forehead against the attuned’s, looking into those electric blues as much as he could manage, before leaning in and pressing a soft kiss there that’s far too short – but for a pretty good reason, if he had any say in it.

He feels Nate’s hand at his hip, pausing a brief moment before leading Nate toward the ring. “Did I?” He asks, cocking a brow at Nate’s bright laugh, unable to keep it from infecting him as well, a beaming grin shot back at his husband until he’s pulling away in order to try and give the Ascended some sort of surprise.

There’s a bit of seriousness at what looks to be almost like a pout to his husband’s face, watching the Ascended roll his eyes. Still, he waits until those electric blues are definitely closed and covered, before slipping into the back room to pull out the box. And it isn’t long until he’s back, waiting expectantly, letting the words flicker through the bond between them. It’s been a busy season. He murmurs back, an easier smile on his face to try and smooth over any frayed worries that might be splintering through his other half.

Luckily, the bow does it for him, waiting until Nate’s retrieved it before Sunjata’s setting the box aside, slipping into the Ascended’s space to wrap an arm around Nate’s middle, peering at the gift. “You know… I’m pretty sure I have an ongoing tally of things that you should kick my ass over that isn’t finished yet.” He murmurs with a huff of a laugh, squeezing his husband closer to him. “Pretty sure you can take your pick.” But Sunjata’s not quite ready yet, not like Nate is, all pale skin and tattoos out in the open while Sunjata’s own shirt remains on, hands unwrapped.

So he rectifies it, pulling away to slip his shirt off as well, to move over toward the wraps and begins to wrap his hands, ducking under the rope for the ring until his feet are planted into the sand within it, his steel gaze lingering on Nate with appreciation and excitement.
SUNJATA
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
A shrug is the only answer Nate can offer, his lips suddenly too occupied to offer anything, and the word gone from his mind when they part anyway. Sunjata’s laughter is too distracting, his own joke too distracting. ”When have I ever not made what you wanted?” He points out, fangs fully on display with how wide his grin is. Then Sunjata is pulling away, to where Nate can’t say, his eyes fully covered. It has been a busy month, but it seems like finally things are beginning to slow down, to offer them breathing room.

All it takes is little moments like this. A thoughtful unexpected gift, from the love of his life. Nate leans into the arm wrapped around him and presses a kiss to the attuned’s cheek, the corner of his mouth. ”Sunny, you know I’m not the type to hold a grudge.” He jokes back, squeezing his husband gently before letting him pull away to finish getting ready.

Taking advantage of Sunjata pulling away, Nate sets the box outside ring, ready to be carried home with them when they’re done. He settled back into his corner after that, patiently waiting for the other man to be ready, enjoying the show while he waits. It’s only when Sunjata steps fully into the ring that Nate settles into his own stance, eyes flicking up and down the other.

There’s a beat before Nate speaks, his grin growing more crooked. ”Ding ding, darling.” Is the bell enough of a universal that Sunjata will understand? Fuck if Nate knows, but he doesn’t let it stop him from stepping forward, his fist swinging out towards Sunjata’s chest.
NATE
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Honestly, he can’t argue with what Nate says regarding food. He always has, thankfully, because they both know that Sunjata’s no cook and when faced with the option, it typically meant Haai and he went on a hunt. It was easier that way, less likely to burn the new house down as well as the attempts to make something palatable.

Either way, his husband leans into his touch while it’s there, Sunjata unable to keep the breathy hum of laughter from slipping from his lips, steel aiming to meet electric blues. “You say that now. There’s time.” He absolutely makes a show of pointing to the ring on his finger, before he’s slipping away to grab the wrapping for his hands, ensuring that his knuckles and wrist should be safe enough for this easy spar.

And when they’re both in the ring and ready, Nate takes his stance and Sunjata prepares himself, feet planting in the sand, listening as Nate dings and there’s a bit of surprise that crosses his face with it and an amused, Oh, we’re adding bells now? – but the surprise and amusement doesn’t last too long as his husband’s fist swings out at his chest, Sunjata shifting his weight a little in an attempt to get out of the way, the fist landing but glancing off his shoulder instead.

And Sunjata hopes to take advantage of the shift, the way he attempted to sidestep it, his own fist swinging out toward Nate’s side.
SUNJATA
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
”I thought that pretty ring was supposed to keep you safe from grudges, huh?” At least as far as Nate was concerned. There was nothing that could happen between them to fester, though whether that meant they would stand strong together, or crumble was something he had no way of predicting.

The surprise is mirrored on Nate’s face, though he recovers quickly. You never heard the bell? It made sense, once he put actual thought into it, backroom brawls not exactly the same as the somewhat official gyms he’d been to. It adds some fun. Nate purrs, managing to roll his shoulders in a lazy shrug before striking.

There’s a cocky snort as his knuckles make contact, even if it’s not exactly where Nate had aimed. He spends just a moment too long smirking, the retaliation taking him by surprise, a blow to his side knocking the smirk out of place and sending him stepping to the side, out of reach for a breath. Good shot. A purr while he steps close again, leaning left, but striking with his right fist, trying to take the other off guard.
NATE
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Early on.” Sunjata shrugs with a half smirk. Give it a few years, decades, he’s sure there’ll be some sort of quiet grudges between them. But he’s also sure that it’s likely those amusing little grudges, the ones of ‘oh you didn’t put this back in the right place so I had to do it’ types of grudges and nothing truly awful.

Again, nobody truly knew, but as for bells and the like, Sunjata hasn’t heard the term, the idea of it all. He supposes it makes sense, huffing a quiet rumble of a laugh before Nate’s striking at him, glancing off his shoulder instead of his chest, and Sunjata’s retaliating with a strike to the Ascended’s side – one that has Sunjata also quietly smug when his fist lands.

But he watches as Nate steps out of his reach for a breath, his steel gaze lifting to meet Nate’s face – a costly maneuver – as his mind mentally rumbles a playful feline hum back. Hey thanks. But then, as his gaze has lifted, the side he’s not anticipating gets hit with a fist, rather squarely, rather off guard, hard enough that he huffs a fair amount of breath from his lungs. “Oh, alright then.” He retorts, a breathless laugh leaving him as he moves out of reach of Nate, trying to determine his next strike.

When he does, he waits until Nate might not be anticipating it, still choosing to strike with his left hand as a creature of habit, stepping forward quickly to strike out at his husband’s chest.
SUNJATA
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
It’s not exactly the most amazing feint he's ever made, but it works, driving the air out of Sunjata and giving Nate the chance to reposition a little bit, feet slipping through the sand making up the ring. ”I thought you were gonna make it five rounds?” He teases, not following after Sunjata for the moment, letting the distance between them grow.

He doesn’t keep still while he waits for the attuned’s next move, and perhaps that’s his mistake. So focused on his own movements that Nate doesn’t notice the strike until it’s already driving into his chest, sending him stumbling back a few steps. If he had breath it would have left him completely, but as he is he’s simply dazed, his next assault sloppy, purely reactionary, one fist then the other swinging out without any real goal in mind except to build some space between them.
NATE
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
They part and Nate’s words spark an amused half grin to form on the Attuned’s face, a roll of his eyes purely for show. “I’m not done yet.” He rumbles, feigning some annoyance, before he’s darting forward with a fist aimed at Nate’s chest, a bit harder than he expects – though the apology dies on his tongue as Nate stumbles back, only a pulse of it remaining shot through the bond to his husband as he remembers that Nate doesn’t exactly physically feel pain.

Still, Sunjata attempts to evade any kind of retaliation, too distracted by ensuring he hasn’t hurt the Ascended when his fist comes up without a goal in mind, nailing Sunjata in the hip as he tries to slip away out of reach, a huff of a laugh leaving him with it, even if it does begin to throb a bit, his skin growing a bit splotchy already with the places Nate’s swung.

He does grant his husband some space, however, choosing to take advantage of Nate’s slight daze to almost dance to the left of him, Sunjata’s fist coming back up to aim it at Nate’s own hip. A bit of payback, he supposes.
SUNJATA

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Offline
Change author:
It's a shadow in the open doorway of the Slagveld, a mere glimpse at the edge of perception. But if Sunjata looks - if he is distracted, he'll see much more than a silhouette.

He'll see his own sneer reflected back at him, one he inherited from the man in the doorway. He'll see his own steel eyes, a ruthless glint speaking a thousand words.

And he'll see just a touch of pride. Maybe.

Hit him harder, the expression suggests.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
Reassurance pulses out through the ring, a warm chuckle accompanying it at the concern. Sunjata knows as well as he does that he can't feel the pain, even if it seems like he might, even if the blow sounds bad. The warmth does nothing to help his flailing fists though, a lucky knuckle catching Sunjata's hip and making the attuned back away, just long enough for Nate to try and get his head back on his shoulders properly.

It would be stupid to expect that he'd be able to do it though, stupid to figure that he'd be levelled again by the time the fight comes back towards him. He strikes out at the same time a fist rushes towards him, crashing into his hip and sending him twisting, trying to recover. His own blow hasn't connected yet, but that's up to the other man to defend against, while Nate tries to avoid stumbling onto his ass.
NATE
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He moves in, aiming a fist that manages to crash into the Ascended’s hip, almost hard enough that he can feel a knuckle pop. But Nate’s still moving, the fist aimed back at him so quick and sharp, that Sunjata tries to move out of the way, directly in line to spy not exactly a silhouette, but a man, when he was sure the ring was closed, was empty and void of all else but themselves.

It’s entirely fun and games and rough housing, until it isn’t anymore.

Not when the man that stands there mirrors him in so many ways, so many ways that Sunjata has tried to change. But it’s always there every time he looks in the mirror or a reflection. It has him stilling, the shock and surprise lancing through the bond as he forgets immediately of the threat of Nate’s punch, the fist landing sharply against his jaw. “Ah, wait—

And among the shock and surprise, the Attuned goes stumbling, tripping over his foot as the blow takes him to the side, dropping to a knee as the sharp shooting pangs of pain fletch through him, through his jaw that can’t quite move or close. Fuckingfuckfuckfuck— Is all he can mentally get out, his cheek and face already beginning to swell with blood. A quick count assures him he’s got all teeth, but as for the rest of it, the light in the steel gaze is gone, replaced by shadow and pain, squinting to reach up to try and touch his useless jaw and spy for a figure in the doorway, the one that had caused his distraction.
SUNJATA