Training it's a dark, dizzy, merry go round
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
my whole life is mine, but whoever says so will deprive me,
for it is infinite.
Seeing as Amun was planning to be in Halo for the Festival of Lights anyway he decided to do a bit of sight-seeing while he was there. To start, he figured he'd check out the training grounds he'd helped to restore. Maybe he'd even pick up a few tricks, though he somehow doubted it.

Zhanshi was not with him, the landshark having descended deeper into the earth to avoid the cold. Snorting, the potter had just shook his head at his companion's antics. Then the Ascended made his way to and through the barracks and into the training area beyond. Leaning against the closest wall, he eyed the combatants sparring within, eyes tracking their movements.

Aisha
by being moved I exert my empire,
making the dreams of night real
AMUN
Aisha Khai
Swordmaster / Deepfrost Shield / Guildmaster

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chachy Offline
Change author:
MP: 1615
what are you afraid of
Earlier that day Aisha had made her lantern for the festival, a thing that she made with a hint of rancor in the undertones. The experience with the specter, the ghost of her mother with no face, it'd left her rattled, frustrated with the gods, and she'd been avoiding shrines since. Ludo specifically as she assumed it was the one that caused the visions. She would not let her past become a game for some entity, her closest emotions were hers to cherish and not be blasphemed.

She was conflicted by it, though she still favored the old gods she was beginning to feel a bit cheated by them. If she did forgive the Herald for making her feel so empty, humiliated, it wouldn't be at the festival that was for sure. She'd go and hang her rather bland lantern, and be with her friends, but she would not go for it.

Now she blew off some steam, practicing some maneuvers against one of the training dummies she'd built weeks ago. Slowly hacking away, as the creatures of this world clawed at her memories, bit by bit. She gave a particularly vicious slice, straw spraying from the dummies neck as her sword met purchase. Eyes drew from the target, finished with it at least for now, scanning the clearing before landing on a familiar face.

A face that pulled her thoughts from more aggravating affairs.

"Come to learn a thing or two?" she grinned, walking closer to meet Amun halfway, leaning slightly against her blade.
the cat's on your side
AISHA
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
for it is infinite.
As Aisha approached, Amun grinned and waved at her. Eying the sword in her hand, he chuckled. "I don't know if I'm capable fo learning when it comes to fighting. I did tell you I was a lover not a fighter, right?" He winked at her, gesturing at his unarmed form.

Pushing off from the wall he'd been lounging against, he stepped towards her. Skidding a bit on the icy and snowy ground before he came to a stop, he slouched, "But if you think you can show a sorry excuse of a potter some things, by all means go ahead." He looked around at the training grounds and scratched his head. "Do I just pick up any weapon or what?"
AMUN
Aisha Khai

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
what are you afraid of
Aisha snorted, grin still pulling at her lips as she looked him over. She gave a nod, "You did, but unfortunately love won't dismember your enemies," she replied cheekily. Love could do many things, in many ways it was as sharp and dangerous as a sword and just as rewarding as a battle. But Aisha preferred to keep romance at a distance, call it personal proclivity.

Despite his comment about not being a fighter, Amun stepped from where he lounged, skidding to a halt closer to her. She raised her chin a bit as he spoke, "That's the spirit potter," stepping back to show him to where some weapons had been laid out for the day. "I'm best with training in swords, but we can try anything you want," she shrugged, not having really tested her mettle with another weapon in sometime. Either way, she was excited to begin.
the cat's on your side
AISHA
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
for it is infinite.
Amun sighed. Batting his eyes at Aisha, he pouted, whole body drooping a bit as he did. "Even if I name my sword love?" The corners of his eyes crinkled at that truly terrible joke.

Eying the weapons rack, he walked back and forth for a long while. Then he reached out and lifted a sword mostly from the pommel, letting it dangle from his hands. "Might as well lose in style since I'm going to lose," he quipped.

Moving towards a clear space, he hoisted the sword, gripping it with both hands, feet shuffling under him. "So uh, how do I hold it? And stand and stuff?"
AMUN
Aisha Khai

Change author:
what are you afraid of
Aisha smirked at his response, lifting her sword from where she'd dug the tip into the ground to gesture with it at his stance. "Not with that posture it won't," came her playful reply, before leading him to the weapons. He chose a sword, holding it as though it could bite, and once again Aisha snorted. "Probably a good mindset," she said with a wink, pivoting and heading towards a more open area.

She watched him move around, get used to the blade and his shuffling feet, before trying to figure out where to start. She'd for some reason assumed he had at least a little knowledge of how to fight, but from his questions she'd maybe made assumptions. The basics then, like she had with Sam, but she could probably be a little harsher on this one.

"That depends, there's more than one way to do it but uh, bend your knees. That's kinda the one thing that's universal but even then there are exceptions." She modeled a good solid foundation, knees bent, sword slackened and obviously not the focus at the moment, she wanted him to get used to not shuffling so much and staying grounded.

They'd train until they couldn't any longer, until Amun proved it had been worth the effort, and then with a smile Aisha parted, back to her chambers for a rest.

Fin
the cat's on your side
AISHA