(o) i know your best was still your worst
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
SUNJATA
He’s sure he’s heading home, up along the cliffs to Aumakua, past the lighthouse, heading toward the home built into the rockery made specifically just for him and his family. And yet? All isn’t quite as it seems. He’s sure, sure enough that his steps seem almost well practiced, a few extra to the left as if he’s following a path nobody else but he can see.

The Flood doesn’t realize he’s made a mistake until his boot drops down suddenly – sure that there was a change in incline there, he should be stepping up, not evenly. Pair that with the slight damp breeze that’s surprisingly warm in comparison to the cooling of the evening, when suddenly everything comes to him. There is no path, there is no home before his eyes, but an expanse of colorful stones, of geysers under the moonlight and stars that billow into the night.

He sucks in a sharp breath, unable to clench his jaw without pain, the splotching of bruising along the side of his face, down his neck lighter now than it was before. But it still hurt, especially as he craves the idea of clenching his jaw, of grinding his teeth with the sudden realization and frustration that he is not where he thought he was.

Dark brows furrow instead, shifting to look at the rest of the area around him, seeing that nobody else was near as far as he could tell, though he isn’t too sure how much he should trust his mind at the moment, confusion evident in the way he reaches up to tear a hand through his hair, the frustration evident in the motion, his eyes eventually narrowing on the rainbow hued stones.
we were young, dumb, taking our chance and making romance and breaking our promises
trying to be and failing miserably, but am i too late or hearts to your spades?
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Rigby Arcara
Street Urchin

Age: 25 | Height: 6' 1" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Chachy Offline
Change author:
MP: 1615
RIGBY

Rigby spent plenty of time in places he shouldn't be. Growing up on his own in Torchline, especially as someone who loathed company, he'd found himself exploring lots of the areas less trodden. To this day he knew how to wriggle his way through caverns and past rocky edges, fleet footed and confident for this was what he knew. People changed constantly, betraying and hurting and wicked of nature, but it would take far longer than his lifetime for the tide to chisel away his hidden respites.

Today he was exploring the rainbow road, shaggy dark hair only growing curlier as the salty air whipped and burned. Down a path he'd walked many times before, then deciding to divulge for his own interest. It may have been better to just stay on his trail, it would've saved him from the impending interaction, but perhaps it was good he did. A man came into view up ahead, and instinctively Rigby stepped away behind a rock, preferring to observe from the shadows than engage.

The man ahead stumbled, ruffling his hair in frustration and confusion, and Rigby couldn't help but smirk; there was something gratifying about seeing other people fuck up. He realized upon further observation that he recognized the man ahead as the new Torchline governor, the outlander Sunjata. He watched with narrowed brows for a moment more, mulling over whether or not he should help or not. If it was some random guy, he'd happily laugh from the sidelines. But maybe it'd be good to help the governor, earn a favor or at least an ally.

So he turned the corner after a long sigh, "You lost mate?" he asked, keeping his distance, hands sunk deep in his pockets.
tell me im an angel, kick me like a stray
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
You lost mate?” He hears the voice call out, clenching his jaw out of habit but hissing as it pulls on muscles and sharp shooting pains get sent through his head. He turns to look at where the voice had come from, spying a kid standing beside a rock, his hands in his pocket. Sunjata shakes his head, not planning on telling him that he didn’t know how he’d gotten here, how he was sure the steps he had taken would have brought him home, not here.

But how else to explain it? His jaw pulses with pain as his gaze narrows on the kid again. “Not lost.” He rumbles, trying not to move his jaw too much, his hand coming up to rub at his neck, over some of the descended bruising from his face. “Looking for something.” He adds on, tearing his gaze away to look back at the rainbow rocks that settle in the water, the swift breeze bringing warm droplets with it along his skin. He doesn’t know what he was looking for, to use it as an excuse, but at least it granted him some time to think about it.

You following me?” He asks, looking back to Rigby, a dark raise of his brow, incapable of saying longer sentences at the moment.
we were young, dumb, taking our chance and making romance and breaking our promises
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Rigby Arcara
Street Urchin

Age: 25 | Height: 6' 1" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
RIGBY

Rigby reveled in the surprise he caused, the narrowed gaze and clenched jaw. From the way muscles strained, and the discoloration around his neck, Rigby figured he'd recently been in a fight or something of the like. A shake of the head, an unconvincing explanation, Rigby let out a short huff, bored, cocking his head and letting his hair fall over his eyes. Yeah ok guy.

A question was asked, a valid question considering where they were. He truthfully hadn't been following him, but he gave a shrug and a brief response, "Nah, lookin for something." Cheeky, if he had to be talking to someone he wouldn't be friendly. Never something as 'normie' as that, he much preferred to press buttons, see what they did.

"What happened to your neck?" he asked, honey brown eyes blinking lazily and following the yellowed bruises as they moved with Sunjata's pulse.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
Honestly, the response the Flood gets from the kid inspires the tiniest bit of amusement from him, the twitch of his lip that wants to edge toward a smirk. But it doesn’t quite make it there, the pain of his neck pulsing with the shift keeping him from giving in. “Alright. Fair.” Sunjata rumbles, trying to keep his jaw from moving too much.

Ah, but he can tell the way Rigby’s eyes flicker along his neck, up his jaw, along his face, before the question is aired. And Sunjata, perhaps, doesn’t want the boy to look at it for too long – armored scales appearing out of nowhere, covering the feather and compass tattoos on his neck and shoulder, flitting up and interlocking along his neck until it’s under his jaw, letting the kid see just the bruising on his face.

Dislocated it.” Raising a brow toward Rigby, Sunjata begins to move to walk past him, as if he’s still checking out the path he’s been taking, looking for the lie within his mind more internally than he lets on. For the moment, though, he passes it off as he pulls a pack of cigarettes from his pocket, drawing one out and lighting it, doing his best to not mess with his jaw too much.
Rigby Arcara
Street Urchin

Change author:
RIGBY

As Rigby's gaze trailed across the bruises on Sunjata's neck, he watched the skin there ripple and change. Black lizard-like scaled covered the length of his throat, put up to shield, cover. It was an interesting reflex, and even more intriguing to look at. The way the obsidian glinted even under the cover of his chin, his eyes remained there rather than at the bruising on the man's face.

The response pulled Rigby from his curiosity, and drew a snort from him. "Your neck?" he replied, not a particularly sympathetic reaction but he wasn't a particularly sympathetic person. He leaned back against a stone obstruction, hands pressed against the jagged surface of the rock, watching as the man walked past him to check out the way he'd come. Moments after, he seemed to give up, pulling out a pack of cigarettes.

Without a word Rigby reached out, as though asking for one.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
Ah so the scales seem more interesting to the kid than he initially thought. And it does little to dissuade the eyes that linger on his neck, scarred along the rugged dragon’s plating. The question, the snort, from the kid inspires a smirk of amusement on Sunjata’s bruised face as he goes to walk by. “No.” He begins, half tempted to leave it at that, before he’s drawing the cigarette up, lighting it, and dragging deep on it. “My jaw.” He decides to answer, pausing by Rigby as the kid reaches out, the hand with his own cigarette pointing to the bruising on his face.

Perhaps it’s because he sees something familiar in the kid, but Sunjata pulls a smoke out of the pack he’s brought, handing one to Rigby as well as the match with a raise of his brow. “So if you weren’t following me, what were you doing?” There’s a slight narrowing of his steel gaze, a curious gleam hidden beneath them, sure that there had to be a reason. In the meantime, however, he lets the smoke from the cigarette curl around his nose and lips as he exhales a quiet plume.
Rigby Arcara
Street Urchin

Change author:
RIGBY

The man was amused by his remark, correcting his word choice as he glanced around. Rigby'd had a feeling that's what he meant, but it was so much more fun to tease. Perhaps his unusually willing-to-interact attitude had gleaned something; a cigarette and match in hand. He grinned, a cheeky and toothy smile as he pulled the smoke to his lips and lit it, flicking the match into the sand.

The governor has his attention on Rigby fully now, not bothering to look around which way he came. The question posed pulled a shrug from the boy, who let out a puff of hot smoke before replying, "City's boring," he says, gravely tone and all.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
He takes the cigarette and Sunjata withdraws once he has, moving to place the pack back into his pockets, keeping the interlocking plates partially shifted along his skin as a precaution and to ward away prying eyes, as he lets his gaze focus entirely on Rigby, puffing from the cigarette as he considers it. The boy shrugs, Sunjata’s gaze narrows. “Is it?” He questions, the accented rumble coloring the air as he considers it.

That can’t be all.” He adds on, a quiet half smirk crossing his face as he huffs a smokey laugh. “What’s your name, kid?” A quick question, wondering if he’ll tell the truth or give a fake name too. It’s likely Sunjata wouldn’t believe either one, but he waits to give him a chance, to see whether he decides to give his name or not.
Rigby Arcara
Street Urchin

Change author:
RIGBY

Rigby's gaze traces the plates on the man's throat once more, the obsidian lacing and locking of a dangerous creature. He knew of attuned with incredible shifts, he wondered what these scales looked like when attached to their full beast. The other considered him for a moment, before replying to his comment. He couldn't help but let a grin break through, chewing lazily on the cigarette between his teeth.

He was asked for his name, not something he was too concerned with giving. It wasn't like he was giving it out to everyone, but those who did know it would hopefully forget it; he usually didn't stick around long enough to let it sink in. "Rigby," he replied, "and you're our new governor huh?"
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
There were many dangerous creatures that linger beneath his skin. But he keeps most of them hidden, most of them secret – only letting the dragon’s armored plates become visible – to hide away the bruising that paints his face in dark hues. It doesn’t inhibit his ability to puff on his own cigarette, though, his gaze shifting to something expectant as he focuses on the boy.

Rigby.” He confirms, giving the boy a good long look  so he might commit the name to memory, before the cigarette’s hanging out of his mouth and his lips quirk in an amused smirk. “I am. Name’s Sunjata.” Or Governor, or Flood, any of them acceptable when it comes down to it. Still, he can’t help but to keep an eye on the kid, curious as can be. “Are you a Torchline natural?” He asks, deciding that Rigby very much looks like he is.
Rigby Arcara
Street Urchin

Change author:
RIGBY

The governor repeats his name, looking him over and giving him almost too much attention. Rigby usually preferred not to be inspected, if someone looks long enough they might find him interesting and that always warranted questions and the like. This time though he allowed it, he had been the one to approach after all, with only a light discomfort in the way he averted his gaze from the steely blues of Sunjata.

There's another question, more prying, but Rigby obliged for now, "What'd you think," he replied with a smirk, inhaling the tobacco and letting it billow from the corners of his mouth.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
Suspicions are made correct by the way Sunjata pries and Rigby answers the question with an almost dry sort of response. And honestly, he’s half amused, half annoyed by this kid. Regardless, he puffs from his cigarette until it hits the end and the smoke curls around his nose and his lips as he exhales in a slow sigh. “You look the type.” He rumbles with a shrug, raising his brow at the boy before his attention is drawn away, steps taking him closer toward the path back toward home.

He wonders if Rigby will follow along, if he’ll pass through the Port and head back into the city or if the jungles were better suited for him. Sunjata finds he doesn’t mind whichever the boy does – it didn’t bother him in the slightest. “Walk with me back to the Port?” He asks, casting a glance back over his shoulder toward Rigby, an expectant gleam to his gaze.
Rigby Arcara
Street Urchin

Change author:
RIGBY

He is a dry kinda guy, Rigby doesn't often put too much effort into amusing or providing good conversation. At least his response is true to himself, as is the smoke that curls around him. He doesn't have more to say, he's done his introduction and said his piece. The governor seems to have plans, eager to get back to wherever he'd lost. Rigby could go with him as was offered, maybe help forge the way, but now that he had a cigarette clamped between his teeth he didn't much wanna go anywhere.

He shook his head, pulling the cherry from his lips for a moment as he replied, "City's boring," he repeated with a grin, shrugging as he leaned against the rock. "Thanks for the smoke," he said, popping it back in between his lips.