thousand different places
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
DEIMOS
ache first, but then let the cuts close
spit out the blood
As promised, on the day of his hunting ventures, the General sent a notice towards Sah and wherever he happened to be residing. Thereafter, the beast packed lightly, assembling the noteworthy weapons along his belt and back (swords, quivers), and other armaments stored, tucked neatly, in his bag of holding. Depending on whatever they managed to snag or catch, he could construct some sort of device to traverse back with it across the snow (figments of a sled already contemplated in the back of his mind), ensuring another semblance of families were fed from the stored food over the impending Deepfrost’s reign. When he’d gathered the necessary remnants, furs, gloves, and other materials, he managed to bombard Zuriel away from her favored hearth; not foolish enough to leave her behind, not when there were so many potential hazards and dangers across the ivory earth.

And so they left the warmth of the fires and braziers along the barracks, trekking through the ice and snow laden cobblestones, roads, and pathways, marching towards Citadel gates, every inch the monolith, head held high, immersing his thoughts, his machinations, into the nature of what they’d be setting out to do – violence, vehemence, taking, taking, taking. The unicorn snorted her evident displeasure, and he snagged a treat from his pocket, a silent gesture of more promised later, when they’d returned from the Tundra’s wake. All there was to do was wait for Sah, and then they could be on their way, out into the desolation (and the sense of liberation, of deliverance, of memories, for a beast who’d thrived in mountains before).
watch your body pull itself back together
then let your soul do the same
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 2895

"If I can't move the heavens above, I will move Hell"

Sah approached the rendezvous point on time, not at all surprised to see Deimos already there. The newcomer was for once dressed warmly in furs yet they still gave him ample mobility. He had picked up a sword from a local shop not too long after Deimos showed him the basics, as well as a decent dagger. He carried those with him as well as some provisions and other necessary gear.

Sah waved as he approached. "Good to see you again." He nodded to Deimos as well as Zuriel. "Are we hunting anything in particular today?" He asked, his voice calm and not betraying the rampant excitement he was feeling. Finally after constant training and adjustments to Halo, Sah was ready to head out into the tundra and hunt again. He couldn't even begin to articulate how eager he was to be back out in the open wilderness.

sah
There stood the wolf in the winter wind
Full of fearsome might
King of the winter night.
-Tim Vallie

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
DEIMOS
spit out the blood
The Sword and unicorn didn’t have to wait long, the beast’s eyes quickly catching movement and motion along the gates, a wave signaled towards them both. He proffered a nod in way of greeting, shifting his bag and tools back into place. Zuriel regarded Sah with her usual imperial impassivity, and Deimos adjusted the blanket he had created for her during the season – re-establishing straps to her liking while the Abandoned inquired the particulars of their journey. “Not really – I thought I would scout ahead once we got out there and see what is available.” The promise or possibility of bigger game was always an enticing notion; otherwise he would’ve just settled for continually picking off the ningos around the Citadel, much to Chulane’s dismay. If worse came to worse, he could always compel some creatures, but that felt like cheating. Rising back to his full height, the General’s gaze pinpointed on other particulars, warnings in advance. “I will do my best to ensure we avoid ursurs.” Or frost giants, or whatever the hell else lurked out there that he’d yet to see, but could imagine. This world enjoyed its thrall and throngs of monsters.

And with that, he angled his way towards the gates, and out along the deeper snow, glancing back over his shoulder to ensure companions – human and equine alike – were following along. The chill ran far more rampant, deeper into his soul, conjuring figments of other times, other places, other worlds; and perhaps it meant he either belonged, or had adjusted, morphed, altered once more, into some semblance of what he was once understood in the very fiber of his bones. “What did you bring?” In terms of weapons or other essentials – curious to what the other man thought he’d need to survive the day’s trek.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:

Sah nodded as he approached. "Sounds reasonable. What's native around here anyway? I'm used to tundra but I have a feeling Caido's will prove vastly different from home." He listened as Deimos talked about avoiding ursurs. It was clear from his tone that they were a threat "Ursurs? Like bears? Are bears even a thing here?" Sah asked, running  a hand through his hair. It was one thing to adjust to a new body, another to a new world, and a third to relearn what even existed.

Sah walked alongside Deimos through the snow, simply enjoying the cold, snow filled air. It smelled like home. "I brought the sword and dagger I've been practicing with, rope, bandages, a nice blanket, spare clothes, a few things of jerky, and some flint. I figure that should cover the basics for a day or so. I had to ask the shopkeeper for some help too. Just to make sure I had the necessities." He explained with a small grin. That had ben an interesting conversation indeed. Though starting a conversation with the phrase 'Hey I'm going out in the snow here, what do humans need to not die', may have been a poor choice for an opening. But hey, she gave him a discount.

sah
Full of fearsome might
-Tim Vallie

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
spit out the blood
There were a few seconds where he slipped away; mind elsewhere, focused on the horizon, on figments and realities blurring, blending, bending together. In the distance there were shapes and faces of things he’d had and knew and understood, a canvas of ivory, a rising summit threatening to pierce the sky, wayward souls coming to drift away from anonymity, and into the mountain’s clutches. Gone and not; sealed away in the edges of his heart, and he breathed, felt the fire, the daggers, everything else warping and shaping together – blades tucked away, figments of them, harpy feathers and thief tandems, blizzard configurations and drawn knives, wolves howling to impart their friends home. Maybe they were ghosts, remnants of the season’s turn, maybe they were memories, maybe they were nothing at all but things he craved – taking them in with notes of fondness, instead of the bleak nuances of what he no longer had. Then he blinked, and they were gone, and Sah was inquiring.

His attention was drawn back over his shoulder once more, until his lengthy strides slowed, and Sah was permitted to catch up with him. “I have seen luxere, which are deer with glowing horns. But there are animals like moose, and creatures of the arctic.” An arch of a brow hinted towards the ursurs, and then a vigilant nod. “Big bears. With tusks.” His most recent run-in had been within a cave though, and they’d had opportunity to evade and escape.

The list of essentials sounded fine and understandable, most of them loaded into his own pack as well. The monolith’s gaze riveted momentarily to the unicorn at his side. “Good. Zuriel can heal as well, so we should be covered in case anything happens.” And with his magic, his shifts, they should be capable of rendering the hunt successful without getting too perilously injured – but gods knew what they’d encounter.

He waited until they were further out, where the Citadel was merely a backdrop, a blunt reach in an outcropping of stark white, before entangling his machinations. “You wait here with her, and I will see if there is anything nearby.” Zuriel tilted her head in an positively haughty indication of her prowess towards Sah, before the Sword was suddenly naught more than an assemblage of feathers and plumage, eagle adornments hailing along the sky.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:

Deer with glowing antlers? They sounded beautiful and Sah hoped that they'd spot some. He was relieved that there were some traditional arctic animals as well, hopefully they'd behave similarly to the ones back home? That'd make hunting them easier.

"Avoid Ursurs, got it."  Bears with tusks sounded exactly like the kind of creature that Sah needed to avoid until he was fully capable of defending himself. He glanced at Zuriel curiously as Deimos continued. "You can heal? That's amazing." Healing with magic was a highly revered trait back home, one that was uncommon unfortunately. Having a healer accompany the hunt put some of Sah's worries at ease. He hoped the unicorn could defend herself as well. It would be a tragedy for her to fall.

Sah hunkered down with Zuriel as he waited for Deimos to return. The former canine was restless about staying behind even for a moment, but he understood the necessity of scouting. He kept his eyes on their surroundings and one hand on the hilt of his blade, just in case.

sah
Full of fearsome might
-Tim Vallie

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
spit out the blood
At the Abandoned’s compliment, one Zuriel believed justified, deserved, her neck arched a little higher, a self-satisfied contentment rolling through her shoulders and movements. She opted to not proffer anything else in Sah’s stead though, other than perhaps a very dignified nod, her attention deviating towards her bonded in the sky. The mare had kept many an individual alive, through crisis after crisis, through mishap after mishap, but her main concern would always be the Sword. Gods knew he’d tried every ounce of her patience and fortitude lately; but they were connected, and so she followed, maneuvering, angling, herself to catch the dives, the motions of plumage.

And for the General’s efforts, the sharpened sight, the ability to gaze farther over the landscape, to breathe in the relish of the chilling air, to rise above, above, above provided an immense liberation. For a few seconds he twisted, turned, volleyed, merely for the thrill before the scouting had truly begun, permitting the rush of the horizon to breathe and segment its way into his soul. Flying provided clarity too – and ahead of Sah, yards and yards away, behind rock knolls jutting out of ice and rime, were several moose grazing on what little remained below the surface, a herd of luxere further onward, and a scattering of tinier things, perhaps some foxes and hares scrounging around.

Potential game spotted, he shifted downward, breezing lightly overhead, as if naught was amiss near the creatures, before rounding back to where he’d begun, landing, and morphing back before unicorn and man. “Moose,” and he pointed north, and then his gaze launched towards the east. “Luxere,” indicating with a nod. “I would prefer the moose,” and then he shrugged, permitting Sah to make a choice.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:

Sah found Zuriel's clear pride and intelligence rather amusing. It also pleased him greatly that there were intelligent beings in Caido that weren't humanoid. He was pulled out of his thoughts when Deimos returned, descending from the sky. Sah shook off a small pang of jealousy. With time, maybe he'd fly once more. But now was the time to focus on the hunt.

Sah hummed as he considered his options. Although he'd like to see the luxere at some point, if they were anything like the deer back home then they were small and fast. Probably not too much meat on them either. Moose would be more of a challenge but the reward would be greater. Considering Deimos' clear power and Zuriel's healing, they would likely be fine dealing with the more dangerous prey.

"Let's go for the moose. If Deepfrost is anything like the cold season back home, we should get as much meat beforehand as we can." He paused for a moment, eying the snow. "Do you dig caches to store the excess meat? The ice usually preserves it nicely. Or does Halo have another method?" He asked curiously. Perhaps humanoids had another means entirely of keeping their meat fresh?

sah
Full of fearsome might
-Tim Vallie

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
spit out the blood
A nod hastened towards Sah’s plausibilities and thoughts, clearly experienced in survival, and he turned, shifting, drawing his pace to a slower, more methodical approach. His intentions weren’t to alarm their prey before they even had the chance to reflect or plan, and there’d be no sense in chasing down something rampaging by. So he inclined towards the rock outcropping he’d spotted before, the surface jutting out at a severe angle, concealing the moose from their sight. They were downwind enough to hopefully not be an issue concerning detection, and the once-savage, nefarious, swift stride was diminished to softer footfalls, an elegant, refined pace of danger, of treachery, a predator’s diligent, experienced march. Zuriel followed suit, her split hooves ambling easily over the rimed surface – and her presence not likely noted as a threat by anything else nearby.

The General briefly glanced over his shoulder at Sah, expecting the other to be close at hand. “Some caches. I have been freezing and storing the wares.” A distinct motion of ice unfurled across his palms, over gloves, hovering there for a moment, before disappearing back into the semblance of his veins. When they reached the higher-rising stones, he angled himself towards it surface, crouching low enough for his monolithic form to not be so easily spotted by the grazing animals – massive, large, and about four of them to choose from. “Watch them move. Which one do you want to go after?” A whisper, a grumble from his chest, keen eyes inspecting and scrutinizing. If Sah had been a canine in his past world, then Deimos presumed the instinct would still be there – go for the weakest, the slowest, the ones who could be picked off without trouble, and wouldn’t crumble the ecosystem with its loss.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:

Sah nodded, moving silently beside Deimos. It seemed some skills had remained from his previous body. It was odd to feel muscle memory from a form he no longer had. Regardless, he was happy that his natural stealth in hunting was still with him. Sah settled against the rocks and eyed the herd. His eyes eagerly traced each individual, scrutinizing each possibility. One stood out to him.

"The doe in the back. Her front left foot has an odd twist to it. Likely a broken leg that healed incorrectly. She'll be slower than the others." He replied, his voice barely audible. The doe he nodded towards was young and would provide a good haul of meat. Sah glanced at Deimos. "What's your plan? Normally I'd sneak around and cut the doe off from the rest before running her down." He noted how he had hunted with his pack. Sah had a feeling such tactics might not work the same as a humanoid, and as only a pair.

sah
Full of fearsome might
-Tim Vallie

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
spit out the blood
They had pinpointed the one and same weaker point in the herd – the cow, impacted by some other moment in her life, with her twisted denizens. He watched for a few moments more, mind reeling, curling, coiling, more machinations, deriving into the strategies, the possibilities of how they could conquer the much larger animal. “We have some options.” His voice only lingered between the rock and snow, intentionally hushed, as he’d been throughout his lifetimes, pressed either into shadow, predator inclinations, or merely pernicious onslaughts. “We can do as you say, and I can drive her towards you, or vice versa.” His array of shifts and experience with weaponry, with the amount clustered and attached to his form, could provide some level of terror and swift precision; what he always intended when hunting. These weren’t adversaries. They had no need to suffer in torment, in pain, in agony.

His gaze pinpointed back to the chosen prey, still examining, pondering over factions, abilities, harbored and harpooning through both of them. Zuriel, to give her credit, muffled a snort. “Or magic.” A shrug of his shoulders, of the capabilities lodged within; the life drain that could make quick, lingering efforts, but take away all amusing proportions of a hunt. "What would you prefer?" The Sword had no inclination through either - and maintained, manifested the inquiry to ensure Sah was comfortable and confident in the potential array and fray.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:

Sah considered their options. Magic would be faster, but less rewarding. And Sah wasn't confident enough in his weakened magic to believe it could truly be of use. That left hunting the old fashioned way. Deimos had more experience hunting as a human so it would likely be best to leave the more challenging aspect to him to ensure their success.

A vague plan came to him. All hunts were dynamic and quick to change so it was best to leave it that way, in his opinion. "I'll sneak around and startle her towards your direction. If I give chase it should help direct her straight to you. If she managed to escape, we can likely run her down due to her leg." Sah proposed. "How does that sound?"

sah
Full of fearsome might
-Tim Vallie

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
spit out the blood
He waited in the midst of decisions, confident, compliant, and presuming they’d be capable no matter which avenue was chosen. A plan, a series of calculations could be concocted, but what would truly matter were the actions in the thick of movements, lingering in the deductions and panic of a apprehensive prey. Listening to Sah’s choice, the General nodded, quickly crouching down below the rock formation again, only giving Zuriel a brief glance. The unicorn hastened into a peculiar role of lowering herself against the snow, unseen entirely by the moose lingering and grazing nearby, while the men cobbled together their efforts. “That is fine,” was a swift murmur against the snowbank, while he maneuvered quietly. He drew the bag of holding off his shoulder, opening the maw to hasten his quiver and bow, notching one arrow, before resuming his prior stance.

The Sword’s gaze went back towards the others; massive, strong, and enduring, the fortitude and might in their potent, powerful kicks, in their gangly but rendered speed, unfurling amidst his thoughts. “I will watch the rest as well.” In case they presented an issue, if something else didn’t go to their initial machinations. “When you are ready,” and then he breathed, a sharp inhale, then slow exhale, stoking the plumes of patience and composure.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:

"Alright." Sah nodded and silently began to make a path from their hiding place. He made a wide curve to the side, keeping downwind, before coming back up behind where the moose grazed. Once he was in position, he let out an exhale, and drew his sword. With one last pause, waiting until the cow had separated herself from the others, Sah moved.

He lurched forward from his hiding place, scaring the cow into movement. Thankfully she seemed to startle in the right direction and began running towards where Deimos was hidden. Sah ran behind her, a few paces away and out of striking range, and worked to continue to steer her in the right direction. The plan seemed to be working so far but Sah watched the other moose with caution as he continued chasing their target.

sah
Full of fearsome might
-Tim Vallie