thousand different places
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 34 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 74 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 74 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Online
Change author:
MP: 6754
DEIMOS
ache first, but then let the cuts close
spit out the blood
And so then there was only action.

Lurking from behind the outcropping, the arrow notched, bowstring taut, he watched and witnessed – poised for incoming, oncoming destruction. Sah’s efforts were well-practiced, even without his canine form, and the cow was angled towards him. Out of the corner of his eye, while she roamed, maneuvered, blasted loud breaths, he checked in on the others.

The rest of the moose seemed to scatter in all directions, no organization, no arrangement to their panic. Two rampaged elsewhere, quickly, and in all the confusion, one in particular rampaged in a twisted cataclysm, falling face first into the snow. For a few seconds the Sword opted to cast his wares there, but then it was back on its feet within an instant, and he was left with the cow continuing to barrel towards him.

When she was close enough, slowing due to that damned limb of hers, the beast stood up from his crouch, the fortress, the monolith again, and released the arrow. It flew with rapt precision, centering squarely in her chest, and the animal went down, quickly, efficiently, along the ice and rime.
watch your body pull itself back together
then let your soul do the same
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 27 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 51 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 3000

"If I can't move the heavens above, I will move Hell"

Sah was aware of Deimos' success but upon seeing one of the other moose fall, instincts he thought were dormant triggered. Seeing as Deimos had the first covered, Sah quickly sharply changed directions. Taking advantage of the moose's mishap, he got in front of it's charge as it began to recover and flee. Snarling, he struck quickly, downing it cleanly with his sword. The moose fell at his feet and Sah felt a feral grin stretch across his face. Hunting in this form seemed to be just as satisfying as back home it seemed.

Grin turning into a more human one of satisfaction, he turned to Deimos. "I couldn't let the opportunity pass up. I guess some of my instincts came with me." Sah cleaned his blade in the snow and eyed the two moose. "What do we do with them now?" Sah was used to making a kill and either eating it immediately or dragging it to a cache or den. He wasn't sure what was normal for a human hunt.

sah
There stood the wolf in the winter wind
Full of fearsome might
King of the winter night.
-Tim Vallie

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 34 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
DEIMOS
spit out the blood
Bending down to inspect and ensure the cow’s blow had been substantial enough to warrant no further actions towards her demise, he removed the arrow, bowing his head slightly at her offering. More than a few families wouldn’t go hungry from her sacrificial alms, and her hide would be useful in the coming season. His attentions only dispersed when Sah’s movements ricocheted over the clearing, and the Sword’s cranium rose, watching the charade.

Through fortune, experience, or a little bit of both, the moose he’d witnessed fall earlier did so again under the Abandoned’s ministrations. The blade found its way into fur, pelt, and flesh, and then suddenly they had two rugged animals for Halo’s wares. He didn’t miss the leer, the feral grin; but couldn’t match himself. The satisfaction from a good hunt was felt through his bones, but lacked the sharpened, honed relish of puncturing, piercing, or massacring an adversary. These were provisions, naught more. “Understandable,” the beast motioned, since he’d been half-inclined himself.

As for what to do with the massive forms? It would’ve been easier with one, but he figured with a bit of time they’d find a way to manage. “Give me a moment.” And from there his creation magic contorted, rippled, undulated through the snow, amassing two sleds, their runners sharpened and honed for gliding over the ice. Zuriel watched from the sidelines, apparently bored given her impassive expression, the action gone and receded.

“We can lift one end and put it on, and then repeat.” With his strength, despite the beasts’ bulk, they should be able to render the notions without too much incident – though he did summon the unicorn over to place a hoof on the sled, ensuring it remained in place while they lifted, pulled, and dropped. He crouched by the head and hooves, waiting for Sah to follow through.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 27 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:

Sah gave one last satisfied glance at his kill before heading over to Deimos. He nodded at his instructions while eyeing the sleds curiously. Sah was again amazed at what creation magic was capable of. Hebert down gripping the other side of the moose as he waited for Deimos' signal to lift. "On what level do you have to understand what you are creating? Beyond it's purpose, materials, shape, and such?" Sah asked before they began the task of hauling their spoils onto the sleds. He wondered if he ever came to possess such magic if it would even be of use. His knowledge of this world was still sorely lacking.

sah
Full of fearsome might
-Tim Vallie

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
spit out the blood
Having held the incantations for years now, Deimos had no thought, nuance, or notion of the presentation coiled from his enchantments. Much like everything else, there was no purposeful display – just action, just movement, just motion, completing what needed to be done, and moving onward. So he didn’t expect Sah’s inquiry as they maneuvered the moose onto the sled, lifting, muscles bunching, coiling, undulating, content to be utilized. Once they’d placed the first one down, he pulled on the transportation device, coaxing it forward, sliding it over, towards the next one, while he mulled over how to best answer. “Most of it comes from experience. Things I have seen, used, or can recall from before.” Sometimes the fabrications were carved and sculpted together – like bits and pieces of armor, weaponry. “If it is a big project, I will often sketch it out. But once it is in my head, I can create it.” Like a picture, with all the details and scruples.

Uncertain if that was the angle in which Sah questioned, he shrugged, maneuvering onward to the other moose and its accompanying runners, intending to repeat the earlier process, waiting for the fellow Abandoned to take the other portion.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:

"I see." Sah vaguely did at least. It sounded like he simply needed to have experience of an item to conjure it with creation magic. That would certainly be something to consider should he acquire it. Though he still wasn't sure on how the whole acquiring thing worked here. The possibility of having multiple magics beyond his natural born affinity for lightning still baffled him. But apparently all Abandoned had the potential. One that Sah intended to realize.

Sah moved to aid with moving the other moose onto it's sled. It felt good to do some basic manual work and stretch his muscles. He was glad that his new form wasn't completely weak to begin with and that it seemed to be steadily strengthening already. Once the second moose was in place he glanced at the sky. "It's still rather early. Shall we take these back or keep hunting?"

sah
Full of fearsome might
-Tim Vallie

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
spit out the blood
With Sah’s assistance, both moose were loaded onto the sleds; the latter tools providing ample ability to transport the large prey to the Citadel with little concern. His hands went toward the rope provided, gloves ensuring no blisters would form, intending to begin dragging the forms home, when the fellow Abandoned’s question hung in the air. The monolith’s eyes went towards the horizon as well, but with their ample amount of meat, and future work ahead, he didn’t find it necessary to continue the pursuit. There were times when avarice could grind, wind, and cling to the bones; this was not one of them. “We have more than enough food here,” and his stare went back to the pair of ill-fortuned beasts. “But we can take a scenic route.”

And so he led the way, pulling along, but not going the way they’d come; rounding out over the outcrop, the sled sliding behind him with little effort, save for anytime it found a stubborn rock. He’d memorized the outset from the time he’d hunted with Noah, noting the way he’d tracked the most common of deer here – and though he had no intention of hunting them, perhaps Sah would like to take a look.

As they came around and over a particular ridge, they could be seen in the distance – small, unassuming at first, save for the gilded glow of their antlers, still radiant and otherworldly in the touches and fringes of day. “Luxere,” he indicated with an angled chin and nod in their direction, stopping momentarily, permitting Sah a moment to witness.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:

Sah took another deep breath of the cold tundra air. "A scenic route sounds perfect. I'm not ready to go back into the crowded city. I prefer this." Truly, walking in the snow with not a building in sight had caused Sah to be more at peace then he had since arriving in Caido. If his new body was capable of surviving it, Sah would have moved out here and lived happily.

Nonetheless, he followed Deimos silently, just taking it all in. As they got over the ridge, Sah instantly picked up on movement and he turned. Spotting the luxere, he paused. Eyeing their softly glowing antlers with wonder, Sah's eyes widened. "Incredible." He whispered, the sound barely heard over the wind. He did not dare let his voice carry to luxere and startle them. They reminded him of a forest deer species back home, known for the flowers and plants that grew on their antlers. It seemed Caido too had a beautiful and otherworldly deer species.

sah
Full of fearsome might
-Tim Vallie

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
spit out the blood
The ethereal creatures remained where they were, grazing, searching for pieces and portions of their next meal, not yet disturbed by the humans spying upon them from afar. The Sword still held them in high regard, even if they were hunted primarily here, for the services they provided in the Grounds, and had no inclination of bombarding, of stalking, of ensuring they too would become a portion of the prey they brought back to the Citadel. A low rumble exuded from his chest as he watched, piercing eyes persisting in their calculating efforts, hushed, quiet enough, to not extend over the ice and rime. “Their antlers keep the monsters at bay during LongNight.” At least in the Hallowed sanctions; their own extended weeks of complete, utter darkness were hopefully not to be so damned and doomed. “We used to lure them with apples and hay.” And then he snorted. “Or singing.”

Then he began a whistle, recollections of war refrains, of drums in the mist, of trumpets blaring in all directions – witnessing the raising of heads, of ear flickers, of flared nostrils. Zuriel lingered alongside him, perhaps a more peaceful countenance, but he persisted and continued, if only to see their reactions. “They do not like dark magic though, so I apologize if they do not come closer.” A warning, perhaps; for he was instilled with those nefarious means since the moment he was born, and had seen the deer eye him warily many times over.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:

"Singing? They would have loved my home it seems. They would have fit right in." Sah whispered, easily picturing the luxere in the winter forests he used to trek. Perhaps they even would have liked his kind with all of their howling. Plus elemental magic wasn't a dark form there. Pity his lightning was a source of discomfort for the luxere. Sah would have loved to get closer.

Regardless, their antlers were truly something else and Sah could see how useful they'd be in the dark of the coldest season. Perhaps weapons could be forged with them? A glowing blade would be a sight to see. Highly visible, but that itself had its own pros and cons. Sah would have to ask about that later.

"Elemental magic is dark in Caido. That still baffles me." Sah finally said, shaking his head. "Though I don't wish to disturb them. Should we keep going?"

sah
Full of fearsome might
-Tim Vallie

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
spit out the blood
He kept watch; a silent sentinel. The whistling ceased, and their ears twitched, their bodies tensed, and his eyes thought about flickering off in other directions, to rekindle the nuances of glows elsewhere. Crimson, instead of gold, furnished in the back of his mind, and stung, staying there, curved in the art of staffs, then something else altogether. Or racing, running, across the snow as the smoke followed and curled after them, as he brought the guild down, as the flames scorched and swallowed and emptied out monsters.

But then he could hear Sah talking again, and hadn’t realized how still he’d become. Rigid, unyielding, unbending, torn and contorted in pieces, in shapes, where he couldn’t be maimed, altered, or marred again. “Not all of it,” he shook his head. Some denizens of light, of good, of compassion, like healing, could be curled and contorted into cherished beacons and elements. Just not the art of draining life, the fire, and other notions eternally resting in his veins.

And then the other Abandoned yearned to leave, and maybe that was the wisest course. Deimos nodded, soldiering on, leaving the luxere behind, the sled following after his steps, his elongated strides, his vivid pace.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:

"Not all of it." Sah echoed in agreement. After a pause, he stood up silently, his eyes still tracing the luxere, committing them to memory. He would certainly one day hunt them, but for now he simply basked in their majesty. For what kind of true hunter was incapable of admiring and respecting their quarry? With one last glance at the herd, Sah began to make his way down the ridge once more.

He walked beside Deimos, aiding by pulling the second sled. It was about as heavy as he expected, something he was fully capable of doing, but would certainly feel in the morning. It was a satisfying trek. Satisfying in both the knowledge of a successful hunt as well as the welcome strain of exercise. "How far off are we from the city?"

sah
Full of fearsome might
-Tim Vallie

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
spit out the blood
Conversing about incantations again, mild and sparse as the verbose had been, distracted him; exactly what he preferred when faced with inherent memories, with images lined within his skull, with nuances he couldn’t have again. “Healing, creation, water, and some others are considered light.” Not drawn into the wealth of condemnation; though given his proclivities and predilections, he’d certainly done so more than once. Perhaps it was merely in his blood, in his bones, to eventually consider everything a weapon by some means. By some measure. By some machination, harnessed and harpooned to destroy, to defend. “Was it the same where you are from?” Different worlds and their tethers – a shrug of his shoulders as he continued pulling, tugging, watching Zuriel from the corner of his eye.

They rounded a curve, a bend, in the mountainous region, and he lifted his head against the chilling wind rolling off of it, became another elemental figure transfixed in its grasp – more battering recollections. “Not far,” and then he jutted his jaw, his chin, in the direction of the Citadel, beginning to rise over the horizon – a figment of home in the great, stark region, and it’d been a long time since that feeling had pressed over his soul.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:

Sah sighed, looking up at the winter sky. "The only truly dark magics were death, necromancy, and those that manipulated others via blood or minds. Almost all other magics were basically neutral. Any magic back home could be used to harm or help, even 'dark' ones. Magic was a weapon whose allegiance rested solely on the individual. And the only magics considered 'light' were healing and physical light, but even those could be used to harm so their status as true 'light magic' was debatable amongst most." He explained, using air quotations as needed. Magic was so widely used where he was from, so accepted, that its designations were far more loose and up to interpretation. It baffled him how strictly viewed magic was here in Caido.

As the Citadel began to come into view, Sah hummed. For some reason seeing it once more, for the first time like this since he originally arrived, felt odd. It almost seemed to solidify in his mind his situation. He was truly in a new world, a new body. A new life before him and hopefully a new home as well. Even as he felt hope, his grief was not forgotten. He was still a wolf without a pack, and the wrongness of that would likely never fade.

sah
Full of fearsome might
-Tim Vallie