Training contingency plans in case the new ones flop
for Amun
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Since his lesson with Aisha, Sam had continued to practice his stances; in the privacy of his own home, where he could stumble and look as ridiculous as he liked (and he did fall over, several times. Luckily Mia didn't seem to judge that much). He'd even bought a sword from the market, just something cheap and small, but better than a stick; the shopkeep had raised his eyebrows but said nothing, for which Sam was eternally grateful.

He knew though that nothing could really match practicing against an opponent, but there were very few people he trusted to not mock him and play fair; most friends he had were far more accomplished fighters than he was, and he'd had too many knives thrown at him lately to be casual with who he chose.

Eventually, he had decided to ask Amun. While he had no idea what level of skill he had at physical fighting (or sword fighting, more specifically), he knew he could trust him, and it would be nice to see him again anyway. Arranging to meet in the Ruins, where they could find a large, deserted empty space, he headed there on a cloudy evening, sword in his hands (it felt oddly heavy on his belt) and excitement, as well as a little anxiety, in his heart.
SAMUEL
I somehow still lost
I somehow always do
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
amun
Amun had instantly agreed to meet Sam for some training. Although the potter had raised his eyebrows at the request to meet at the edge of the Ruins, he hadn't questioned it. Instead, he just belted on his cutlass and slung his shield over his back and headed towards the appointed meeting spot.

As he saw the bookmaker already waiting there, the potter grinned. He picked up his pace until he was almost jogging, waving at the other man as the advisor did. When he reached Sam, Amun leaned forward to peck the bookmaker on the cheek. "You ready to get physical?" The potter waggled his eyebrows at the other man.
Thrill me, chill me, fulfill me

Coding base by Sky!
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Seeing Amun, Sam grinned and laughed to see how eagerly he was being approached; there was something lovely that sat warm in his chest in the way he could tell the potter actually liked him. It not only made him feel good, but comfortable and confident in a way he often wasn't. "I'm ready to punch you for that awful pun, if that's what you mean." He joked, smirking at Amun and laughing at the kiss on his cheek.

Stepping back he drew the sword up, holding it up to show Amun. "I've been trying to practice this. I'm not...fantastic, but that's why we train, isn't it? You'll have to go easy on me, please." While Sam was sure Amun wouldn't seriously injure him intentionally, he was worried the other man might misjudge the extent of his abilities and go in too hard right away. "I've already had knives thrown at me by two different people this year, so I'd really rather avoid any cuts." He laughed, though the way he sighed afterwards revealed he wasn't really over all of that.
SAMUEL
I somehow still lost
I somehow always do