just come out and say it
Morgan
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Age: 29 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 23 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
the hailstorm
"I've been called to the Hollowed Grounds, for Deepfrost."

There's no way to say it with any amount of decorum, really, and Neron slides the letter sent to him from Wessex across the bar. There's no one left around and the Hailstorm is just about closing up (read: about to sneak out with Morgan for a stroll), but this takes unfortunate precedence.

He's on the opposite side of the bar, still, leaning gently against the counter as he explains. "I'm not sure what's going on with her, but it doesn't seem as though she'll be around next season. The Ascended are to face the LongNight monsters that dwell in the Grounds. Without Wessex's abilities, I may have to set off before the portal freezes over..."

Not the news he wants to be giving, and undoubtedly not news that Morgan will want to hear. But neither of them is a stranger to duty, when it calls.
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MORGAN
She was at ease, holding an empty cup and idly thinking over the things left on her desk for the next day, when Neron made his announcement. Not saying anything at first, Morgan took the letter and read it, holding it between two fingers and staring at the words as if they were personally offensive, her expression immediately making it obvious she wasn't happy about this development.

"You're telling me that you're hoping to face the monsters in the Grounds without Wessex?" Placing the letter down on the counter, she shook her head; Morgan had not seen the monsters herself, but she had heard enough, and knew it was not an easy fight. "Ridiculous. You won't come back here alive, and I can't lose my Spymaster." Her eyes met his, things she wasn't saying in the words there, but only professional concern leaving her lips. "As your Warden, I forbid it."
There will come a time, you'll see
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Age: 29 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
the hailstorm
Neron watches as Morgan takes and reads the letter; he watches her expression, watches the distaste, the displeasure. However, that still doesn't prepare him for her flat refusal, the Hailstorm raising his eyebrows and straightening up. He doesn't know whether to be offended at her lack of confidence in him or flattered by the fact that, show it or not, she's worried for him. "I wasn't aware that I had officially been offered the position of Spymaster," he drawls with a smirk, before his expression grows more solemn.

"I will come back here alive. There is more to the Ascended than Wessex, and between all of us we will be able to take the monsters on." Softening his voice on purpose, Neron moves to lean against the counter again. "I vowed to help them, Morgan," he says. "I made that promise last year, so I could prioritise Deepfrost in Halo at the time. Neither of us are the type to spurn duty."

Not any more anyway, in Neron's case.
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
MORGAN
"Did you think I was teasing you with it?" Morgan asked, her voice at first more genuinely angry than she wanted it to be, stress and what she didn't want to admit was fear rising up in her; she sighed and shook her head, bringing her hand up to pinch at the bridge of her nose. "I apologise. Yes, you are officially Spymaster. I would have some kind of ceremony, but that would go against the secretive nature of the position."

She listened to what he had to say with her lips pressed tight together, the Warden mad at herself for feeling quite so upset, but unable to stop it; unfortunately, she had grown attached to Neron, and would rather he didn't die - but she did understand duty. For a moment she was silent, staring down at the bar and the mug in her hands as she thought, not looking up at Neron until she had something more to say.

"Alright then. You have to go - I will come with you." The way she said this said it was not a suggestion.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Change author:
the hailstorm
Neron's hands come up at the anger in her voice, as if to tell her that he hadn't intended to step too far in their conversation, though his shoulders do relax as she begins to speak. "A ceremony would likely defeat the purpose, it's true," he agrees, smiling softly and inclining his head. "Thank you, then. I accept." As if he was ever going to say no, truly.

But that didn't mean he was any less able to stay safe and sound in Halo this Deepfrost. He leaves her to it as she stares and ponders, the Ascended moving to pour himself a small glass of red wine while he waits. And when she does speak, he can't say that he's all too surprised by it, raising his eyebrows over the rim of his glass.

"And what of the Citadel?" he wants to know. "The portal will freeze over. Would you leave it without a Warden all Deepfrost?"
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:
MORGAN
"Maybe something private with medals, years in the future." Morgan suggested distractedly, waving a hand about in the air.

What had far more of her attention was Neron's question, which made her pause, eyes wide. Had she really forgotten the Citadel, even if just for a moment? She supposed she had. For once, Morgan had had a greater priority. Her lips moved with no words, a frown on her face as she tried to search for an answer, not really for what he asked. Warden first, Morgan second, had always been the order, but now it seemed she was indulging herself in personal ties.

Not even when her father died had she given up duty for her heart.

"..I have a council I believe in. It will be a suitable test." She took a breath, slow and unsure despite her convictions, and looked up to Neron: did he know? Could he tell what this meant? What he meant? "It sounds like our allies in the Hollowed Grounds need help."
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Change author:
the hailstorm
Neron smiles, letting that thread of conversation go but quietly thinking that he'd quite enjoy something private with medals. Later, Launceleyn - for now there's a beautiful Warden looking at him with eyes that almost seem molten. He does and doesn't know what it means, and it's enough to still his hand where he goes to take another sip of wine. Suddenly his throat is tight, and when Morgan continues - when she still insists on coming with him - he is too stunned to speak at first.

Eventually he comes around enough to drink back all of the wine at once, gently setting the glass down and leaning across, bold all of a sudden, to steal a gentle kiss from her lips. "Our help," he echoes, a crooked smile turning up the corners of his lips. "Well, as long as you are content with your decision, we had better get packing soon. The portal will freeze over in the next few days."
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:
MORGAN
There was a long moment where nothing was said, Morgan trying to tell herself she'd made a bad decision but somehow unable to; then Neron leaned over to kiss her. Normally she didn't have much patience for that kind of thing, but here she found she didn't mind, letting some of the tension leave her shoulders as she leaned in to return to kiss.

"I will not need long. I pack light." Only ever the essentials and nothing more; as Spartan as one might expect of the Warden. "We can be gone by tomorrow morning. I..have a meeting with Deimos first." As she said it, she realised her plan; perhaps it was too much responsibility for the General so soon, but there was no one else she trusted quite as much.

Regardless, she was going.

{FIN}
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3