[OPEN SE] You don't have to be afraid
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Adam
there's this tune I found
That makes me think of you somehow

Before coming back to life (still a fucking crazy sentence to think, but Adam supposed he'd better get used to it), he'd never been much for walks. While there were bars to visit or bedrooms to crash in, he'd not seen the appeal of the outdoor world that other people did.

Now, though? Alcohol wouldn't do anything for him, sleep was unnecessary and his dick was as limp as a bit of washed up seaweed. Pet was, of course, great company, but he couldn't spend all his time just sat about chatting with his husband. Adam had decided to go check out the volcano everyone talked about eventually; it sounded cool, and the bite of cold in the air didn't bother him anyway.

Actually trudging up the hill though, he regretted every choice he'd made that lead to this moment. Walks were, as it turned out, boring and long; he was about to turn around when something caught his eye at the side of the path: A weirdly big plant that just seemed off somehow. Given it was the first interesting thing he'd seen in an hour, he went to kneel by it, reaching out a finger to poke.

Until I fall asleep, spillin' drinks on my settee
Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Age: 42 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 10 - Int:
KI - Regular - Panther Chamelon
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580

"I'd be careful'a that," you caution from somewhere off to the side of the weird tree thing where you currently lean against a large rock, peering rather skeptically at the plant. It's... weird, in the way a lot of things are weird these days, and it definitely doesn't belong on Apopo's slopes. You, like this fucker, stumbled on it while walking, and you've been trying to keep an eye on it ever since. So far nothing too unusual has happened, but...

"Coulda sworn I heard it laugh."

You've pushed off the rock and come to stand behind the stranger who seems to be dressed like a pirate hooker, still staring at the tree as though waiting for it to jump or something. Wouldn't surprise you in the least if it did, but you'd be lying if you weren't a bit curious. Oh, sure, you don't wanna be the one to poke it, but if prince Hot Topic is gonna take the plunge? Well, this you'd like to see.
Zephyr
you can be the ripest, juciest peach in the world
and there's still going to be someone who hates peaches
Ray Lunarium
Herbalist / Information Broker / Torchline Councilwoman

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 18 - Int:
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:

A panther in the night, a fire burning bright.

Ray had heard rumors of a strange giggling tree appearing. As an herbalist she felt both overwhelming curiosity as well as concern. She just had a horrible hunch that if this plant was actually intelligent then some poor fool would piss it off. This was Torchline after all. An idiot invoking the wrath of a literal plant was unfortunately quite easy to imagine.

As such, Ray found herself heading to where the little tree was rumored to be. In her hand was her notebook so that she could record any observations. Sure enough she saw two men already investigating the tree as she approached. "So fucking help me if you two have already managed to harm or offend that tree, I'll help it kick the shit out of you both." Ray warned as got closer, eyeing the tree with concern. Probably one of her worst first impressions but she was too worried to truly care. A giggling tree sounded cute and harmless, but as something incredibly unusual, it likely meant danger.

r a y

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
—Albert Camus

Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Adam

It seemed this tree had a goddamn fanclub. First of all some guy appeared out of nowhere saying it had been laughing, which was just about the most fucking bizarre thing Adam had ever heard (though he had heard some laughing on the way up the path - had that been...the tree? Surely not). The warning did make him take his finger back though, Adam now far more interested in who he was - or indeed, who the woman that followed was.

She also had something to say about the plant. "Offend it. It's...it's a tree, guys." Adam said, looking between the two strangers before laughing and shaking his head, standing up on long long legs and platform boots then taking some steps back, shrugging and allowing them to do what they wished with it. "Pretty sure I'd be fine even if I cut it down and polished it into a 10 inch dildo."

...Maybe that wasn't a bad idea, actually. Not like he had anything else to do at the moment.

Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Age: 42 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

Well, three's company or something of that sort, eh? You glance back over your shoulder at the sound of the Girl (oh, you definitely have a problem with her name), narrowing your eyes and huffing, the tall stranger already forgotten. "Watch yer tongue, kid, or you'll be th'one takin' a lickin'." There's no real threat behind the words, just the constant irritation of the (not) very old with the (also not) very young. Damn impertinent youths.

Anyway. The tree, and the stranger who- surprise surprise - is tall as a palm and twice as gaudy. If you knew what growth hormones were you'd swear all these outlanders were on them. Hand shoved deep inside your pockets, you give a little shrug. "Sure, if y'wanna be laughed at while yer fucked." Everybody's got a thing. Maybe this is his.

Turning back to she-who-must-not-be-named, you jerk your chin in the direction of the tree. "If yer so concerned 'bout us offendin' it, why don' you go first? Show us how it's done."
Zephyr
Ray Lunarium
Herbalist / Information Broker / Torchline Councilwoman

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 18 - Int:
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:

A panther in the night, a fire burning bright.

Ray is already ready to push these two into a lake or something. "I'll speak however I wish. Especially when dealing with such a bizarre situation." Her tone is sharp before turning exasperated as she looks at the other stranger.  "And really? A dildo? That's the best you could come up with? Hell I pity the poor healer who has to pull splinters out of your ass."

Shaking her head in bewilderment she approaches the firling, sitting down cross-legged just in front of it. Completely ignoring the two men she turns her attention to the little plant. "Hello there little one. I'm going to put my hand on you, aright?" Ray speaks with a quiet and gentle tone. If this thing is truly intelligent, she wanted to treat it properly. She'd ask for proper consent if she could honestly. Slowly, Ray stretches a hand out and places her palm softly on the trunk. Sure enough, the little plant lets out an audible giggle.  

Ray's eyes go wide, a smile coming to her face. She sends a smirk at the two strangers. "Last I heard, normal plants don't giggle."

r a y

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
—Albert Camus

Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:
Adam

Well, they both had dildo-themed zingers ready for him. At one point in his life Adam might have been offended, but he was post-death and post-giving a shit about his persona, for the most part, and just laughed. "Well see, the point of polishing it would be no splinters, but now that it wouldn't hurt anymore, maybe that'd add to it. Who knows. The laughing too! Why not!" It would make for a unique experience at least.

He took a couple of steps back to let her touch the plant, still thinking the whole thing pretty bizarre; Adam glanced over to Zeph, made a face that said is this normal?

"Well, no. So uh...what're you gonna do with it, now you know its not a normal plant? Is it gonna...become a person or something?" Adam asked, eyes flicking up and down as he studied it.

Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Change author:

The girl's sass would be admirable, were it not so damn irritating. Kids these days, always thinking they can get away with being little shits. You don't reply to her latest dose of sass, only huffing slightly and shoving your hands deeper into your pockets as you wait for the tall stranger to comment on his dildo preferences, and the lass to do her Greenpeace act and befriend a nice tree.

Aaaaand yeah, the tree laughs. Which honestly would be more surprising, but you've been around the block and seen some shit in your time. You shrug at Adam in response to his look, your own face saying Eh, stranger things have happened. "Probably just gonna grown an' destroy the port or somethin'."

You're joking. Mostly. Probably. Though honestly, who knows.
Zephyr