{SE} every drop an ocean
☀️☀️☀️
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
if you really don't mind, take me as i am, take me as i am, when you get a chance
take your time, i understand, believe me when i say i carry all my sins
Why he keeps leaving for the Grounds, keeps agreeing to these trips and obligations and meetings and stress, is beyond him. Maybe though, maybe it’s because of the rush he gets when he comes home, when he steps through the portal into the port, sunset shining over the waves, and he feels a rush of home.

There’s a bottle of cheap, smoky, familiar liquor tucked under his arm, and a bag clutched tightly, carefully in his hands. More than he’d left with, gifts for Sunjata, for them, to take away the sting of loneliness. To apologize for stepping away, even if only for a short time.  The walk home is long, automatic, and completely forgettable, until Nate comes to the point when he can see the edges of the house, and his steps quicken, just a touch.

It’s nice, to be able to be giddy, if only a little bit. Nice to be able to throw the door open and call, through the bond and out loud, Honey, I’m home!. The house is quieter than he expects, dozing, as it where, and Nate turns in the direction of the kitchen, certain that if he doesn’t find Sunjata on the way, his husband won’t be scarce for long.
NATE
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
SUNJATA
the flood
i can still see your face looking back through the flames
and i search it, was it worth it?
There is surprise when Nate returns so quickly. A shorter trip than he’d anticipated, and it leaves him half fumbling in an empty room — well, aside from one thing. For a split second before the call is heard, he wonders if it’s his father, the sound of the door opening and footsteps within, whether his father has arrived to torment him some more. But it’s not, not as he hears Nate’s accented voice flit through the home.

Relief swells within him, even if his gift to Nate wasn’t entirely completed yet, he supposes he can prolong it out a bit longer — slipping down the stairs to where he can meet his husband in the kitchen, a bright grin on his face (so at odds to how he feels, but at least his fathers torment had been a physical reminder and not him simply losing his mind), but he isn’t ready to bring any of that up, not even if Nate notices the bruise between his shoulder blades, of a shift with a broken wing he’s hidden well.

For now, anyway.

Skatjie!” He hums, breezing through the entryway and moving immediately toward his husband, aimed to sweep him into a tight hug and a soft kiss, pausing as he notices the items in Nate’s hands. “I thought you were going to be gone longer? Not that I’m complaining, of course.” He rumbles with a crooked smile, though the relief swells through the bond toward his husband, arms out stretching to help take some of the items as to relieve Nate of them so he can get that hug and kiss.
no i don't mind the smoke, but your tears make me choke
are you okay? should i go away?
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
if you really don't mind, take me as i am, take me as i am, when you get a chance
It would take an idiot to not notice the shadows in the steel of his husbands eyes, and Nate is no idiot. He does however, know when and where to pick at things, and this is not the time. Not so soon into his homecoming. ”Supposed to be, and I will have to go back, but,” Hands wrap around Sunjata’s hips, pulling him in until they’re pressed together neatly, despite the bag and bottle still burdening the ascended, ”I just couldn’t stay away from my sunshine.” Better to make a handful of day (night) trips, and spend as much time as he can here in between them, a balancing act of care and duty that surely won’t burn him out mentally.

Nate basks in the moment of closeness before leaning back, his arm stretching out lazily to set the bag on the counter with a weighty clunk, the bottle slipping out from under his arm and caught in a quick hand like a magic trick he's spent far too much time practising. It’s offered out towards the attuned. ”I brought a bottle of the good stuff back from the VlamVloed.” And I got something else for you. The words are both an offer and a tease, Nate’s arms pulling Sunjata in for a proper hug now, instead of simple closeness, not caring that they’d simply juggled the burdens around instead of relieving them.

They rotate slowly, the embrace not exactly a dance, and not exactly far from it either. It’s the long, breathless kiss that streets it away from such chaste romantic gestures. Nate only stops, only leans away once Sunjata is closer to the counter than he is, looking pointedly at the bag and leaving it to the other man to disentangle them. Within, if Sunjata gets that far, is a blackberry pie in a heavy earthen plate. Nate is more a chef than a baker, but there’s a conveniently empty shop in the grounds with everything he’d needed for this particular surprise.
NATE
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
Buuut…” He trails off, a dark brow raising, a softer smile crossing his face ass he’s pulled in and pressed against his husband. Sunjata can’t help but to lean in, to press a chaste kiss to Nate’s nose, before withdrawing and offering a quiet huff of a laugh to the comment. “I missed my moonlight.” He hums consideringly, flashing a more playful smile, pushing away the trauma and anxieties that happened just a day or two before.

The counter is soon laced with the bag that Nate’s brought, the Ascended appearing as though he’s about to drop the bottle, one that has Sunjata unconsciously sucking in a breath and exhaling a bit of relief as he catches it. “You’re spoiling me.” He murmurs, grabbing the bottle and inspecting it briefly, before he sets it down on the counter as Nate pulls him in for an official hug. A hug that has him melting, that has him tensing a bit between his shoulder blades with the squeeze.

He wraps his arms around the Ascended tightly as well, a prolonged kiss that he can dive right into, pulling away only when he needs to breathe – but even then, he struggles to keep it going. His husband’s attention shifts, however, to the bag on the counter. And of course, Sunjata can’t help but to give in, slipping closer to Nate so his hip bumps against Nate’s own. “Mm well, since you’re insisting…” He pauses, moving to untie the bag.

Before he dives in completely, though, and sees what it is, he glances over to Nate with a rogue smirk. “I got you a gift too… Though I had hoped there was a bit more time before you came back so I’d have time to set it up but… It’ll do.” Now that that is out of the way, he focuses on the bag again and the contents, stilling as he pulls it out of the bag.

Nate, you didn’t.” His voice is almost a whine, but the warmth and vibrancy that burns through him and down the bond toward his husband is like a flame. Do you think my doctor would complain if I ate pie for dinner? He questions, the smile on his face crinkling his steel gaze, the very same that shift toward Nate with bright amusement.
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
A goofy smile overtakes the ascendeds face as he leans into the kiss, his nose scrunching up. Any parts of Nate that might harbour shame melt into silent nothing with the companionship of his husband. Obviously you missed me.” He drawls in his most exaggerated accent. Moments like these need to be enjoyed where they can, and Nate is enjoying this one to its fullest, his face bright and his brows wagging. And it continues, with his little bottle flourish, passing it off with a chuckle. ”Its so easy to spoil you though.”

Nate doesn’t notice the flinch, too happy to have Sunjata in his arms again to think of anything else. I love you. He purrs through the bond, while his mouth is busy with far more important things. As always, there is that urge to stay pressed close, to never pull away, to never let Sunjata pull away, locked in this kiss forever, but it’s an urge that’s quieter of late, since he’d had to actually face the consequences of that line of thinking. Breaking away for breath doesn’t mean Nate goes far, held close still by his husband, pressing shorter, quicker kisses against his lips until he can finally muster the will to really lean away.

It’s the perfect opening for his next surprise, a not so subtle hint in Nate’s leaning body that his husband picks up on. ”This isn’t insisting.” He warns with a laugh, his hand slipping around Sunjata’s waist to hold them close together. Nate is obviously excited, obviously impatient, but he somehow manages to hold in the good natured groan when the attuned pauses. As far as distractions go, it’s effective, if only for a moment, the ascendeds mind suddenly alight, trying to figure out what kind of gift you have to set up. As soon as the bag is touched, bright eyes move to Sunjata’s face.

Of course he did. A pie is the least he can do, the only real flaw in it the fact that they hadn’t made it together. Though, there was a chance that’s what saved it as well. Warmth strikes through the bond, igniting a happy blaze in Nate’s chest. Considering the circumstances, I think he’d insist on it. It’s an answer wrapped in all the joy he can muster, his one free hand reaching for a drawer, a spoon, to scoop out the first mouthful directly from the tin like a crazy person and offer it to his husband.
NATE
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
Obviously he did. And it sparks a hum of easy laughter from the Attuned, a rogue smirk crossing his face as he watches the way Nate juggles the bottle before passing it off. “I guess I’ll have to try harder.” He teases with a wicked smirk growing along the edges of his smile. Perhaps he’d have to make it a challenge for Nate to spoil him. Why? Simply just to be more difficult. It isn’t actually something he intends to do, unsure of where to even start, but the idea of it still amuses him.

I love you too. He rumbles back through the bond, giving into the kiss that effectively captures him, that he doesn’t want to end until he absolutely has to. It doesn’t mean he strays far, however, prolonging out the opening of the last gift to speak and playfully nudge Nate’s hip with his own, little pecks of kisses here and there.

As for it not being insisting, the raise of Sunjata’s brow in a challenge meets the Ascended briefly before he opens the gift. All options of retorts die on his tongue as he realizes what it is. He leans into Nate’s embrace a bit more, the obvious warmth and love and gratitude pouring through the bond in an overwhelming force.

His question of his doctor is met with confirmation, something that has Sunjata barking out an easy laugh, using moments like this to drown out the previous few days. It was easier that way, after all. So his arm lifts to wrap around Nate’s shoulders as Nate grabs a spoon, scooping out a bit that Sunjata turns to in time to devour.

It’s almost painful how close to home it tastes, but it’s nostalgic in all the beautiful ways that he can remember. And it’s those conflicting thoughts that flicker through the steel as he peers at Nate, in what appears to be consideration. He leans in, however, pressing another kiss to Nate’s lips that certainly has an edge of blackberry on his tongue, before he withdraws before he can get lost within it again. It’s absolutely perfect. Thank you. He murmurs through the bond, offering everything he could to the Ascended.

But it’s his turn now, and he eyes the bag briefly, casting a smirk toward Nate. “Alright, so, we’re going to take this with us and go upstairs for your surprise.” He gives Nate a playful fanged look, his free hand scooping up the bag, sure Nate wouldn’t lose the spoon, and he tugs Nate along by the shoulders to slip up the stairs.

In a previously empty enough room, a black piano with yellowed ivory keys sits in the middle of it, a bit out of place and a bit less put together, but workable all the same.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
There is nothing better than tapping into the bittersweet taste of home, nothing better than making something so perfect he can do that for someone else. Nate leans into the kiss, brief as it is, and licks the edge of stickiness away, his eyes all but sparkling, wishy-washy with unshed fluid tears. I'm glad. I'm so so glad. He purrs back, bumping their foreheads together and leaning back. He lets himself be swept up by his husbands words, by the matter of fact next step given out.

What else can Nate do but follow along after his husband, laughter quick on his lips and the spoon still clutched in his hand. He all but takes the stairs two at a time, excitement hurrying his steps, his mind swirling again with anticipation and wonder. Nothing could have prepared him for what he walks into though. He hadn't even thought Sunjata would remember the conversation, let alone actually act on it, going out and finding a piano. It feels almost surreal, the fact that there are pieces of it laying around the room only adding to the feeling.

Nate breaks away from Sunjata then, hesitant steps carrying him further into the room, close enough to the piano that he can reach out, and press a single cool key. The note rings out into the room and the ascended turns, his grin shaky and his mind overwhelmed. Words are inadequate for anything he wants to say, so he lets the love, the surprise, the adoration pour through the bond while a joke leaves him instead. "So you're gonna court me now, huh?"
NATE
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
It was so reminiscent of home, the blackberry, the pie, the stolen bites in a kitchen before hiding away. Only, usually, it was his birthday when his mother would surprise him with it – a sneaked plate brought to his room in the early morning for him to wake up to. She often had to be secretive about it, though as Sunjata’d gotten older, he realizes that his father had to have known she’d loved him more than what his father had wanted her to.

But then it left these memories, brought back by warm blackberry pie in a completely different world. And it’s all worth it.

The kiss doesn’t last long, Sunjata all but guiding Nate toward the upstairs, toward the gift that still sits splayed out in places, but mostly put together. Enough to play, though the room wasn’t exactly how he wanted it. There’s still a bench, however, tucked underneath it as Sunjata pauses by the entryway, watching as his husband breaks away.

He can’t help but to keep the soft smile on his face, deciding to lean against the door instead, to watch as Nate slips further in and presses a single key that rings out, echoing around the room that’s almost captivating. The warmth and love is spread down the bond and Sunjata steps forward then, his smile growing brighter, bigger, wider, a snort leaving him at the joke. And he thinks he could be official about it, but he steps closer to Nate and wraps an arm around his husband’s hip, pulling him in to press a kiss to his cheek with a soft smirk. “Course I am.” He mimics his husband’s accent the best he can, before he’s offering a laugh and slipping away to sink into the bench.

I didn’t exactly have time to warm up before you got home… So…” He trails off, sucking in a breath, running his fingers along the keys without touching them, placing his feet in the correct spaces above the pedals. “I played this one for an entire year when I was twelve, just to get it right.” His gaze lifts to Nate then, a bit of a sheepish smile on his face – prolonging it out so he doesn’t make a fool of himself. But he knows better. He knows this song, even if he’s sure his memory has fogged in places. Muscle memory should cover the details, right?

And so he begins, slowly at first, gently at first, and it comes rushing back to him as he plays – focused on the keys until his gaze lifts again to his husband’s face, searching for a reaction.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
As far as Nate is concerned, the room is perfect. The piano is perfect. Coming home to a surprise like this is utterly unbelievable, if he didn't know better, he'd say he was dreaming. "'Course you are." Nate echoes, unable to banish the shaky smile from his face, even for the joke. He doesn't know what to do with the tangle of emotion in his chest, doesn't know what to do with his hands when Sunjata wraps around him, when he presses the kiss to his cheek. By the time he thinks he might have figured it out, his husband has moved to sit at the bench, and Nate is frozen again, caught out by surprise and responding automatically. "I'm sure you're fine."

It's one thing to say I know how to play the piano, a boast Nate's heard before, from friends trying to be impressive when all they can do is choppily plink out half a song. It's another thing entirely to be faced with actual music, with Sunjata's fingers gliding effortlessly over the keys. It takes his breath away, as much as it can, awed surprise bringing him closer slowly. The first notes are almost hesitant, but they grow, swell, and when steel eyes lift to his face again Nate is absolutely blown away.

Their eyes meeting seems to snap him out of it though, those slow steps hastened, Nate stepping around the bench to stand behind Sunjata, to lean over him just a little bit and press his lips to the side of his head, to wrap his hands around Sunjata's shoulders. This is beautiful. And with the words, a dam is dropped, all of the emotions in his chest suddenly released through the bond. Awe, more than anything, and a warm, fierce pride, all wrapped together with a sense of love far more fragile feeling than anything Nate's felt himself, let alone shared.

Nate's hands squeeze tightly for a moment, then slip away, trailing along Sunjata's side as his head bows, and he presses his forehead to the attuned's back, bent almost in half to do it, to hide away and touch him and not interrupt. The tremble is unmistakable, no matter how he tries to bite it away, but the hope is he has himself together by the end of the song.
NATE
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
We will see, won’t we?” He hums back to Nate – that tone in his voice shifting again with something so familiar as a piano in a mostly empty room, with someone to play to – to court of all things. And court he does, fingers moving along the keys once he’s figured out the rhythm, fully getting lost in the muscle memory of it, letting the keys ring out into the room and hearing as they echo against the wall and return. It’s hauntingly beautiful, the low notes ringing out, giving a backbone to the melody carried out on the higher keys. There’s almost a pinch of sadness within it before it lightens up – the use of minors being unresolved a big part of it.

But then, then there’s some resolve as his gaze lifts to spot Nate, to watch as his husband steps around the bench behind him, to press a kiss to the side of his head, one that he leans into while he continues to play. Hands around his shoulders don’t affect his playing that much, not animated with this specific song. And he can lean back slightly into his husband as he sinks, the sudden burst of emotions rushing toward him bringing a soft smile to his face, a tightness to his throat. I love you. He murmurs through the bond, head dipping a small fraction forward as Nate’s head presses against his back, unable to reach back and comfort his husband while he still plays. He hopes that his emotions hide the clench to his jaw from the bruise between his shoulder blades that Nate presses against.

Luckily, the song is nearly done, and he pretends to not notice the Ascended’s trembling, sending all the warmth and love, hope and optimism for their future down the bond instead. And when the last key rings out and he stops, he shifts a bit to sit more forward, to turn and pull Nate onto the bench with him. “Sit with me.” He murmurs softly, though he doesn’t give Nate much of a choice, pulling the Ascended in to essentially sit on his lap, arms placed on either side of his husband to rest his hands on the keys again, peering up at Nate with an easy smile. “Let’s do a fun one, okay?” He murmurs, wracking his brain for a moment as he tries to think up the right one that would work with his arms on either side of his husband – and when it comes to him, he begins to play again, a sort of jaunty tune, around Nate and tucking himself in close.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
If circumstances were just a little different, maybe Nate would have noticed the reaction Sunjata has, maybe he would have found the bruise. But his eyes are squeezing closed tightly, blocking out the world until all he’s aware of is the battered walls of his self, Sunjata’s words a golden light that still only barely reach him. I love you too Sunny.

Nate hates giving up control of himself, as much as he loves Sunjata for stepping in and giving him something to cling to. Maybe, if he can just hold onto these few moments, he can drag the pieces of himself back together and pretend like he can keep holding onto everything. His arms curl around his husband, and he presses his face in against his neck, a terrible stillness overtaking Nate, until he speaks. ”That sounds good.” Sunjata’s shoulder catches most of the words, but even without the hEARS he’s close enough to be heard.

It takes a moment before he reacts to the song at all, and another moment for him to decide the best response is laughter, even if his brows are pinched together in an unwilling protest of it. There’s just something so surreal about being in this state and having ice cream truck music in the background. ”I think I know this.” Nate manages, between unsteady hiccups of laughter.
NATE
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
He tilts his head slightly, making room for Nate to bury his face in against his neck, against the compass tattoos and the dangling earrings in his ears. One brushes against the Ascended’s cheek while Sunjata focuses on the muffled voice that reaches him. A smooth squeeze is given before he begins, playing a jaunty tune that should bring some… Less intense emotions to the forefront. At least, he hopes.

So he plays, peering over Nate’s shoulder to the keys beneath his fingers, arms moving along the keys as Nate laughs and Sunjata can’t help the smile that spreads across his face, the huff of laughter that leaves him with it too. But he doesn’t expect his husband to know this song, his playing faltering slightly as it registers, until it’s over – a quick little thing, before Sunjata’s pulling back his hands from the keys and wrapping them tightly around his husband, pulling him in and resting his head over Nate’s shoulder, pressing in closely both physically and mentally. “Do you?” He asks curiously once the echo has stopped in the room.

It was a very old song in Korofi. Played mostly for jokes or when everyone was too drunk to remember anything.” The smile in his face is bright, reminiscent of the silly little parties the resistance would put on as well, playing this song over the radio. “It’s interesting to me that you’ve heard it before.” And strange, too, nonetheless.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
The mood changes so quickly, the song fading to a stop and arms moving to hold him close and Nate bursting with laughter, with tangled confusion that just barely makes it through the bond, too much for Nate to actually hold onto. He’s stopped crying, a small mercy, but now he has to figure out what exactly he’s feeling now, which is no small task for the ascended.

”Ice cream trucks played it.” Nate manages, the words tripping over laughter. It takes another beat for him to actually calm himself, the ascended pressing a heavy kiss to his husbands neck before he leans back, comfortable enough to pull a hand back and wipe at his eyes, to own up to the weakness, instead of simply pretending it wasn’t there. ”I think... maybe old movies too.”

The dichotomous emotions warring within him seem to have steadied Nate, at least for the moment, an easier grin on his lips as he looks at his husband. ”It is interesting. And strange.” He agrees, a single brow lifting. Truth be told, there are a million reasons they both know the song, anything from people will always create the same things to one or both of them is remembering wrong.

One of his hands lifts, his thumb stroking along the sharpness of Sunjata’s jaw, over the scrape of stubble. ”You know, I do feel pretty courted.” A low chuckle leaves him, Nate leaning in to press their lips together lightly, his next words pressed right against the other man. ”Whats the next step of this, pretty boy?” The hand on Sunjata’s face drifts back into his hair, Nate letting his nails drag along the attuned’s scalp.

Is he wildly overcorrecting? Maybe. But he’s having fun doing it, having fun focusing on just this.
NATE
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
Nate could switch it up as much as he wanted, it’s not like Sunjata would complain. Gods knew he’d had his own ups and downs over and over again with Nate having to pick up the pieces. And even if Sunjata was falling apart right now, he pulls himself together enough to offer the help for Nate – something to focus on, a quirk of his lips, a bark of laughter that rings through the air that mimics his husbands. “Ice cream trucks?” He asks, infinitely curious. “Did you just have trucks that drove down the street with ice cream in it?” He asks, passing over the idea of old movies. That made sense to him. Trucks with ice cream, though?

Sounds like a dream, to be honest.

But they agree that it’s strange, Sunjata not wanting to dwell on it too much – not sure if he’s even smart enough to know where to start to unravel any of that. So he focuses instead on the lingering feel of Nate’s kiss to his neck as his husband sits back and steadies himself, Sunjata’s attention focused on Nate’s collar before lifting up once his husband’s done wiping the tears from his eyes.

There’s a thumb that brushes along his jaw, however, and Sunjata leans into it gently with a soft smile. “Good.” He murmurs, gaze shuddering slightly before Nate’s leaning in and pressing his lips to the Attuned, lingering close enough that he can feel the words that leave his husband as the kiss ends. His arms wrap around Nate a bit tighter, his head bumping up a bit to brush his nose against the Ascended’s, soft steel peering into a similar steel and electrifying blue gaze.

Well… Before we do anything that’s fun, I do need your help with something a bit less fun.” There’s almost an apologetic smile that crosses his face, gone in a second as he leans in and presses a slightly longer kiss against his husband’s lips. I had an accident in the jungles and I got tangled in the vines. They, uh, they broke my wing? I think? He pulls away a bit more then, scanning Nate’s face – pulsing down the bond with apology and confirmation that he’s okay despite it.

His shirt is soon discarded, tossed into a heap. He seems relatively fine on the outside – aside from the bruise between his wing and one formed on the back of his neck that’s far more faded than the other. And he searches his soul for the shift with the extra appendages, latching onto the first one he feels, and from his back with a huff of pain unfurls tricolored wings, feathered and beautiful – except for the one that’s bent and twisted wrong, that droops more than the other.

At this point, Sunjata’s eyes are closed, however, and he doesn’t notice the feathers, doesn’t notice the fact that these wings aren’t at all correct.