[SE] Felt Like
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
Aurelia
I wanna heal, I wanna feel
like I'm close to something real
It's been quite the start to Deepfrost and quite the end to one hell of a year. It hadn't been so long ago that she was a lost Outlander, gritting her teeth against the concept of accepting the fate that befell her. After all, her entire life had been directed by her own hands - whatever the cost. It was a hard pill to swallow. It felt like she was giving up.

Now, though? She's apart of the Smuggler's Guild, thanks to Jack, and she's settling into it with surprising ease. Probably helps that she's begun to grow fond of all of them. She's also learning {slowly} how to accept and utilize her Abandoned abilities, which comes with its own internal and external challenges, limitations. Oh, and she went to a wedding - Sunjata's, specifically. She's glad she supported him and Nate. She's even helped her new friend, Ray, add onto the Lunarium shop - an apothecary, now. By now, the cuts and bruises she sustained from helping Ray have healed over. Every now and then, when she's reminded of Nate blowing up a barrel and the stubborn integrity of the shop's walls, she chuckles to herself.

She's glad that they all want her around, that she can give back to them {even if only in small ways}. Jack, perhaps, kept her around more for the convenience of an extra pair of hands (along with her 'hunting' skills). Still, there was something simple and predictable about that Aurelia could appreciate.

No, Aurelia hasn't given up on anything. Not on her history or the people she left behind, not the missing pieces of her father's mysterious death. Not the new world and opportunities that sprawl out around her in all directions. Not the people she's grown closer to here.

Which is exactly why she's here tonight, with a bag slung over her shoulder, a fresh orange in one hand, and a single name at the front of her mind. A name and a face she can't seem to stop thinking about, not since that night on the beach. Or the night at the Hale Ka'aila, which had also led them back... here.

She'd seen Milo earlier, on the docks, had asked him to meet her tonight. Caught up in gathering everything she had for the occasion, for Milo, she arrives late. The door is opened as she enters hesitantly, unsure if she should've knocked.

"Hello? Milo?" Her voice echoes through the hallway. Closing the door behind her, she looks around with a hopeful half-smile. Slender fingers tame back loose curls as she meanders through.
I wanna find something I've wanted all along
somewhere to belong
code credits go to Skylark!<3
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Age: 28 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
MILO
the hope and the hurt has lived inside of me
but there's gold in the dirt
She’d sought him out earlier and they’d agreed to meet tonight. But what Milo hadn’t been expecting were the work he’d been doing on the docks to be so difficult. Nets and ropes were so incredibly time consuming that he’s barely had time to get back and shower and take a look at himself before she’s stepping through the door. But he’s managed to get out of the shower, hair still dripping wet when he hears her call from down below.

’m upstairs!” He calls down toward her, drying off a bit more and throwing on clean pair of pants, his arms covered in a few rope burns that are splotchy and red along his arms that he’d been trying to fix when she’d arrived. But he disbands it now, slipping toward the entrance of the ladder, deciding last minute that maybe he should be making it an actual staircase one day, before he steps away to make room for her to climb it.

Once she’s upstairs, he flashes her a wide grin. “Sorry ‘m not all put tog’ther. Was a tougher job than I expected.” A shrug is granted, a huff of a laugh, but he aims to reach out and relieve her of her pack to bring her toward the newly made main room in the hallway up above.
i never took the time to see
but i knew of its worth
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Aurelia
Aurelia doesn't need to be told twice. She makes her way up the ladder with a little difficulty but, she's glad to see Milo once she does. Even if he's.. unexpectedly unclothed. If anything, this discovery makes her smile a little wider.

"Just how I like ya," she remarks flirtatiously, eyeing him without trying to hide it as he reaches out to take her backpack. "Careful- it's .. sort of fragile." Once he does take it, he'll be able to hear the swish of liquid in a glass bottle.

Aurelia's not super talented at giving gifts or creating a build-up for them. Most of the time, if she got something for someone, she just kind of.. gave it to them immediately. No fancy occasion needed, no wrapping, no extra flavor. She was trying to do the opposite now, instead of telling him 'go ahead and take a look'. So she bites her tongue and ponders on how to properly present the gifts. Her eyes distractedly trace along the toned muscles of his back as she follows him into the main room.

She might have taken a moment to glance around but, she catches sight of the red marks on his arms. Concern, even if mild, contorts the relaxed expression on her face. She sets down the fresh fruit on a nearby surface. "Hey- Milo," she reaches out to pull him back over by the waistline of his pants, "what happened to your arms?" Her free fingers barely touch the painful-looking splotches to point them out. A dark eyebrow and attentive green eyes raise up at him.
somewhere to belong
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Age: 28 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
MILO
Didn’t think ya’d complain.” He shoots back with a playful smirk – pausing abruptly when she tells him to be careful with the bag. A nod is given – something Milo is good at, especially having to often transport fragile cargo. So he’s careful and cautious, pulling the heavy pack, listening for what’s inside it and realizing it’s a liquid of some sort with glass bottles. But the smuggler knows better than to ask – simply remaining silent as he slips further into the back to place it safely in a space where it won’t fall.

She’s tugging him back to her, however, once he’s deposited the bag and he turns to her to wrap an arm around her and pull her close. “Mm?” He asks, watching with his honey brown gaze as she reaches up to brush her fingertips gently along the marks left behind. “Oh. M’job today was t’fix some of the nets ‘n ropes. Got a bit tangled up in ‘em.” The frown that crosses his face lasts longer than he expects, however, but he shakes his head and leans down to press a kiss against her forehead with a smile replacing the frown.

But I found out somethin’ neat I think.” He offers her, letting her go but remaining close – simply so he has one hand free to hover over the rope burn mark on his arm. From his fingers a brief glimmering light begins, something almost warm and sunny feeling, alighting his bronzed skin until the redness fades from the burn – mostly healed. His gaze lifts to hers then, a wide grin spread across his face.

Healing magic. Something least expected, but completely welcome.
but i knew of its worth
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
Aurelia
One of his arms moves to wrap around her waist and it makes her own skin blush with the warmth he's giving off, shirtless and all. In spite of his dark eyes pulling her in, in spite of the impulse to kiss him, she leans back to examine the marks as he explains what happened. Understanding replaces her flushed look.

"Sure looks like you did," she says quietly, looking back down his arm with a frown. Maybe it seems like a tease but her voice is still strained with worry and she has no smile on her face to indicate joking.

Right as she's thinking she's being silly and overreacting to rather minor injuries, and that there's probably something she could do or get to help him, she feels his lips on her skin. The crease between her brows softens in response.

"Hm?" Her gaze hardens with curiosity and confusion as he lets go and pulls back a touch. He lifts one of his hands over the area and, instinctively, Aurelia already thinks she knows what's happening. In a trained response, her heart starts pounding, her fingers pull away, and she's taking a slow step back because she isn't really sure what's actually about to happen - only knows that he's going to use magic.

This light that comes out of his hand, from some invisible pool of energy inside of him, reflecting his warm and sunny soul, reminds her of something. Something completely opposite in nature, but the light from his hand.. that's what provokes and jogs a much darker memory. Something that happened not so long ago, either. The very thing that catapulted her through a portal and into this world.

Her expression mixes and tenses and her gaze is suddenly unpresent. And her body tells all, stiffening, muscles tensing, her hands reaching to touch her stomach. Surely, knowing that she could still move would pull her away from the scene that zipped through her mind like a jumbled mess, all of it at once. Alas, even her fingers are rigid yet shaky, as if she's struggling to move at all because her mind is reliving a moment where she could not even breathe or blink, let alone move - and her body believes it.

But all of this happens in the same length of time it takes him to heal himself (give or take), and then she's out of that darker place, actually looking at Milo now. A breath, one she'd been unaware she was holding in, comes billowing out in a winded sigh. Her mind is fogged over, as if she still can't quite concentrate on what's in front of her, plain as day. The marks on his arms are gone and the light's gone too.

Her mind feels like it's moving a million miles backwards. She wants to tell him what's wrong, but she doesn't know how and she doesn't want to ruin his moment.

"Healing magic. That's.. uhm.. really good!" She forces a smile onto her face even though her words are unsmooth and unsteady. Then, she moves to prop her elbow up against a nearby wall and lean into it, attempting to hide the shakiness that's dwindling out of her system. "When..um-" she furrows her brows, closes her eyes, and shakes her head to better focus , before she's looking back up at him again, "When did you find out?" She shifts her weight, not able to stay entirely still.
somewhere to belong
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Change author:
MILO
Oh and he had gotten tangled up in them. He’d managed to get the rope knotted and unknotted around himself more times than he wished to count. And so he hasn’t, just simply cursed a lot and managed to get the job done, even if it meant he showed up looking like he’d absolutely lost the fight.

Which in fairness, he’d only barely won it against those nets and ropes.

He’s so engrossed in showing off the new magic he’s found, he doesn’t notice her stillness at first, the anxieties that wash over her, and it isn’t until the red marks along his skin have faded away that he looks back at her positively smug in his face only to let it drop as he reaches out for her, realizing how still her body is and far away that look in her eyes are. His hand reaches out to clasp the one that covers her stomach, his own expression falling to concern as his brows pinch together. “Oy, you okay?” He asks quietly when she suddenly begins to speak again.

She stumbles over the words, though, and Milo’s still concerned as he pulls her into him again. “Healin’ magic, yeah.” An accented echo as he studies her face. “Found out ‘bout it when I dropped that bed on m’foot.” He tries to give her a softer smile then, trying to brush past whatever caused this shift of emotions, not realizing it’s the magic that’s caused it. So he decides on something else. “]say]I got ya somethin’, by the way. A gift ‘cause it’s the season.” He tries to guide her thoughts away, toward a present he was quite proud of, rather than whatever sparked her change.
but i knew of its worth
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
Aurelia
"No," She blurts out, a moment of brief honesty. Her gaze wavers. "No, I'm fine." She glances away, as if she's just finishing the sentence, and that's when she actually feels his hand on hers. It's terribly obvious that something is amiss but, she doesn't want to talk about it. Not with him. She looks up with a half-hearted smile that attempts to convince him of her next statement, "It's nothing... Don't worry about it."

She'd made that decision on the night they met; the decision not to tell him about her past. Well, specific parts of it, at least. If she did talk about this... she'd be forced to explain why she was in such a situation that would present such a trauma, why someone would attack her like that, why it was... justified. She didn't know if he'd understand, if he'd be able to forgive her when she wasn't even able to forgive herself. And that thought might've led somewhere deeper, darker, and more selfish, had he not pulled her back in.

At first, she's hesitant and she's stiffening again, because it's almost impossible to relax after that. The fact he doesn't broach the issue further helps, though, and she slowly anchors herself to his comforting grip, moving to him and away from the wall. She can see that he's trying to read her face, so her eye contact dips away. Her hand gently squeezes around his. "Good timing, then," it's said quietly but, the anxiety has subsided from her voice.

At his announcement of a gift, she can't help but look up at him. Her expression furrows with pleasant surprise, "You.. did? That's funny. I got you something, too."

She turns from him and the gift he might try to give her, to go retrieve her bag. Because she needs a second. She carefully lifts up the bag onto a nearby counter and, as she's doing this, she attempts to resolve against the ghosts of a life no longer lived. Someone else has taken her place there, to face the consequences in her stead. The intrusive thoughts and memories grow fainter and more distant with each steadying breath. There is no reason she can't enjoy this night with Milo.

She whirls around to face him, presenting a small gift, wrapped in a thin leathery material. It's not tied, merely folded into a box-like shape. "So, I probably shouldn't have but, I grabbed something from the Hale Ka'aila. You said it's one of your favorite places... so I just thought... I dunno," she shrugs casually, trying to brush off the blush that starts up in her cheeks, "you might like having a piece of it with you."

And within the neat leather wrapping, he'll first find a little note. On it, there is a well-practiced drawing of a seagull - or maybe it's a hel. Upon seeing it revealed, her smile grows. Beneath the doodle, there's a simple handwritten message: 'Thank you'. She'd wanted to write more but, it felt sappy. So she settled on those two little words... and all of the implications that came with them.

Beneath the piece of paper, is a bracelet. It's handmade diligently. The cord that it's made out of is thin, but it's been braided through itself many times over to the point where the bracelet itself is quite substantial, it even has a little weight to it. It's also red, not unlike the color of the shirt he'd been wearing. A friendly little reminder. On it is an elongated, smooth chunk of seaglass, cleaned and polished to the best of her abilities. Holes have been {carefully} carved on either end of it, so that the rope could fasten through.
somewhere to belong
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Change author:
MILO
Brows draw further together as she says no, worry evident in his gaze as he scans her until she’s looking away and seemingly finishes the sentence. And Milo? He doesn’t know any better, he’s not really a people reader, so he doesn’t push. She says not to worry about it, and he tries not to, nodding and letting the conversation of that topic drop. It’s easier that way, he thinks. So he pulls her in against the stiffening her body gives, hoping it’s enough to get her to relax, to mention a gift that he’s gotten her in the hopes it’ll bring the light back to those beautiful sea glass eyes of hers.

He passes over the comment of good timing, because it had been, in favor for the surprise that crosses her face when he tells her of said gift. What he doesn’t expect is for her to have one for him too, the smile growing on his face again in the hopes it might push away her own fears. “Didja?” He asks with a quiet breathy laugh, before letting her go and moving to the corner of the room to pull out a relatively large box, wrapped in a fine fabric tied together with twine.

He brings it back as she puts her gift out first, Milo setting her gift on the table beside them as he spies the box, a red brow lifting in surprise as he reaches out for it. “It is m’favorite place.” He hums, untying the box and peering at what it contains. At first he sees the note, the thank you, and he smiles softly with it — setting the note aside to keep, before he’s diving into the rest of it. And it makes the grin on his face grow wider, the craftsmanship on the bracelet absolutely stunning in swaths of red with the sea glass appearing as a pendant of sorts. And so he reaches out for her to press a kiss to her forehead, then hopefully her lips, before withdrawing and pulling the bracelet from its box. “This is real pretty, ‘Relia. Thank you. It’s so thoughtful.” His fingers dance along the cord before he’s holding it up for her with appreciation and gratitude glimmering in his gaze. “Y’wanna put it on?” He asks, holding out his arm for her to tie it around his wrist.

Provided she does it, he’ll then jut his head toward the box with that very same, soft smile. “’n go ahead ‘n open yers.” He waits, stepping beside the box to give her more room to open it. It’s large, and yet upon untangling the fabric and the twine, inside she’d find two weapons. Both are made of a sturdy wood, with metal blades along the outside and a handle somewhat near the middle of each, etched in a dark hue as if it’s been wood burned but with lines of mother of pearl veined through the dark wood.
but i knew of its worth
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
Aurelia
Milo's laugh is enough to bring a smile to her face, small as it may be. She wanted to be present in this moment with him, so even if she's not physically leaning on him, melting into him, and holding on tightly - like her muscles are begging to - she is depending on him for strength. Everything he does, even his existence alone, is a calming reminder that she is here, not there; that she's far, far away from any kind of danger.

Mildew's warnings echo in her mind. The time she'd spent with her is a blur of jungles and fatigue and a sort of haze surrounding their time in the hut. All except for the words of wisdom and promise. Those had struck a chord within her. There will be more dangers ahead, worse than the kind she's left behind. Aurelia knows it - and not just because of Mildew's fortune. She can feel it in her soul, can feel its guard rising at the thought that the future isn't promised.

That's why she must give in to moments like these, to make her time here count... for something.

So she tries and she does. When Milo unwraps his gift, she spots him place the note somewhere for safekeeping. The gesture and the soft smile-turned-grin on his face make her heart swell, because she'd put it into this gift, and all she'd wanted was for it to mean something to him. Something that, if he was ever feeling alone, he might look down at it and be reminded of a time when he wasn't.

Maybe it would bring that same smile to his face, to his days. Milo was a light among so much darkness. Maybe she couldn't be that for him, not truly, not yet - and she certainly couldn't promise to always be here - but maybe.. this simple thing.. might help in those times when she can't. Even if it's only a fraction of the way he's already helping her.

And he probably doesn't even realize it, the goof.

Aurelia meets him halfway, her hand wrapping around the relaxed muscle on his arm. His kiss against her forehead coaxes a sigh of relief from her lips. When he moves to meet them with his own, she brings her hands up to his jawline and pulls him into a much deeper, unnecessarily passionate, kiss. Everything slows down so they can relish the moment, brief as it really is. Then the kiss is broken and they're snapped out of it and he's thanking her. Her hands move to happily tie the bracelet around his wrist, gaze dipping from his to concentrate.

"There's, um," she clears her throat to explain more earnestly, "there's a lot more cord than you might think, if you ever need it in a pinch. Ten feet of it, to be exact. But, hopefully you'll never even need to take it off." She smiles softly up at him, the bracelet now fastened with a secure knot. Compulsively, she circles it around his wrist so that the seaglass is face-up.

Her gaze focuses on the large box that he gestures toward and an excited curiosity takes the place of more tender sentiments.

The fabric on the box is so fine that she almost doesn't even want to open it. For a moment, she doesn't, she hesitates, she appreciates the look of it. "I wonder what it is..." adept fingers begin to unravel the twine, and she grins over at Milo before she really gets into it, "Aha! I know! Donuts."

Her grin fades into peak interest as she removes the top of the box to behold the beautiful weapons within. Her eager motions slow way down, and for a moment it's all she can do to stare down in shock. Fierce, bladed tonfas shine with an iridescent accent.

"Wh-" Her gaze is a frenzied mixture of emotions as furrowed brows direct it towards Milo, "How did you-?" There's a lot of ways she could end the sentence. Instead, she simply turns back to the weapons.

With the initial shock being over, she already knows what to do. She reaches down for the handles, to pull the twin weapons from the box and hold them along her arms. It takes her only a moment of adjusting to get the angle right. She might've never had any weapons quite like these but, something about how they feel on her... as if they're an extension of herself.

Once she lifts them up to really take a look at them in their proper place, she feels a surge of power. The muscles leading down into her fingers flex and her grip tightens, her stance straightening. Suddenly, the worries in the back of her mind, the dangers that loom on her horizon, the demons that haunt her - they cease to exist. In this moment, the only danger is her.

"Milo, these are... perfect."
somewhere to belong
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Change author:
MILO
He absolutely doesn’t realize it – the boy a bit naïve when it comes to the affect he has on people. So he floats along in life, giving where things need to be given, appreciating the things that need to be appreciated, even if there were moments that seemed far more difficult for the smuggler to get used to. At least here, now, with a deepening kiss between them that ends too soon, she slips the bracelet around his wrist. It’s a heavy weight in comparison to what he’s used to, but he relishes in it – it’s a part of him now, after all.

His attention is brought back to her face as she goes to explain what lies within the bracelet, slowly lifting the trinket to his eyeline to try and figure out how it all hides within it. “That’s wonderful.” He hums with an amused smile, letting her slide it around his wrist however she chooses. And then he’s breaking apart, moving to grab the box that he’s wrapped delicately for her.

A bark of laughter does manage to slip from him – doing his best to lighten the mood for the both of them after somehow souring it (he still isn’t sure how), before he’s shaking his head to her. “Nah, that’d be a lotta donuts tho, yeah?” He chimes, patiently waiting for her to peel back the wrapping until the box is revealed and the contents therein.

Milo’s already seen the blades, so he doesn’t spend time looking at them as she peels it back. Instead, his eyes are focused on her face, to try and spy a reaction from them. It’s a mix of emotions, but he remains watching as she questions, cuts herself off, questions again. The crooked grin on his face is evident in the way he shrugs his shoulders almost as if he’s become bashful. “I saw ya practicin’ ‘fore I stole ya away fer our date. Thought they suited the style of yer fightin’.” An easy explanation, but pleased never the less as she lifts one to take a look at it.

He doesn’t expect her to tell him that they’re perfect, but the grin that spreads across his face is infinitely pleased. “’m glad ya like ‘em.” This comes out a bit softer, smoother, easier. A breath of relief spreading from his chest and lungs.
but i knew of its worth
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
Aurelia
She'd agree that it all ends too soon, even though she's suddenly wrapped up in the gift he's given her. Yes, it prompts a mixture of emotions from her, but all of them are pleasant. Surprised happiness mixed with confusion is likely the best way to describe her expression.

Aurelia almost misses the curved grin that sweeps over his face, but she spies it from the corner of her eyes. They lift, if reluctantly, to regard him as he explains to her how he'd come up with such a precise gift. Her lips transform into a wide smile, one that covers her whole face. And it's all she can do to tell him that they're perfect, because they are. This is the best gift he could've possibly given her, especially in this moment. Even if that part was unintentional, even if he's ignorant to the storm that had just waged war on her mind, she appreciates it all the more.

There will be a time and a place to truly understand the potential of these weapons. But it's not here and it's not now. So she sets them carefully back into the box. Still, she can't help but to admire them for another moment. "I love them," she confirms, tilting her head to look over at him. "You have no idea." She grins, then, and extends gentle hands towards him, to welcome him into her grasp.

She might be war-torn, and she might be frayed from such plights, but she is still capable of traversing tender moments like these.

Should he let her, she'll guide her fingers around his skin and pull him into another kiss. This one is shorter, sweeter, and she punctuates it with, "Thank you. Really." Her gaze craves his bronze hues in that moment, to let her gratitude sink in, to let him feel the fire pouring from her in that brief moment. She's glad to share it with him.

Then, she's grabbing one of his arms and pulling him along. It's a grip she only releases once they've returned to her backpack, to the counter that it rests beside. She proceeds to rummage through his kitchen area to find two glasses, setting them upon the counter pointedly. After a moment, she also spreads the orange (now peeled and parted) out on a plate. It's more for cleansing the palate than anything; a chaser.

"I also made you this," she reaches into the bag, revealing a large bottle of wine. She doesn't hesitate to pour some of it into their respective glasses, and it comes out in a lighter color. She turns, presenting him his glass. "I think you'll like it," she winks at him and reaches out to clink her glass against his, should he accept.

Should he try it, he'll find the taste to be very familiar because the wine has been made from none other than rambutan. It's quite fresh so its flavor is still sweet and more reminiscent of the fruit rather than aged alcohol. It's been accented with cinnamon, as well.

"So... you can heal," she lifts her brows from the drink and leans against the counter with a smile, "I guess you're not a fighter after all, huh?"
somewhere to belong
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Change author:
MILO
The smile that crosses her face is worth every moment as he describes why he’d chosen the weapons for her gift. And while he does so, he idly runs his fingers along his bracelet again, smoothing over the seaglass and the cord that ties ti all together. He only stops when she sets them in the box and tells him that she loves them, the smile that reflects on his face is wide from her own. She reaches for him and he goes to her easily, his arms wrapping around her as his hand finds the small of her back and the other wraps a bit more fully around her to press her against him as she pulls him into a short kiss again.

Her thanks is met with soft, appreciative honeyed eyes as he offers a slow nod of his head, slow enough his nose can brush against her own with the movement. “Yer welcome.” He offers quietly, content to remain this way, stealing quiet kisses. She has other ideas, however, releasing him as he releases her and tugs him along to her bag again. He sits idly by while she rummages around, glasses grabbed and a plate.

Milo stays silent while she pulls apart the orange, a red brow raising curiously as she grabs a bottle of wine. It isn’t labeled as anything he can remember, and he can’t tell the color from anything else he’s tried. So of course, for show, as she hands it to him he sniffs it as if he’s checking for some sort of poison – of course, amused – before their glasses are clinking together and he dives in for a sip.

It’s… refeshing on his tongue, and he can’t help the soft smile that crosses his face with it. “How’dya make a rambutan inta wine?” He asks after he’s swallowed, peering at the bottle as if it might hold the secrets of it. The cinnamon is a nice touch, warm on his tongue and still giving it a bit of a sweet bite, before his gaze lands on her face again and he reaches out to pull her close to him again  as they lean against the counter. “I told ya I was a runner.” He offers, flashing her a playful winning smile. “Rather not wanna fight if I don’ haveta.” He admits with a softer edge to his tone. “But I guess it means if ya hurt yerself I can help ya out.” This is said a bit more playfully, a wink thrown her way.
but i knew of its worth
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
Aurelia
It's hard to pull away from him, from those gentle kisses he doesn't have to work too hard to steal. It's a kind of tender she's not used to, the kind that makes her cheeks flush and takes away from her normally steely exterior the moment she laid her eyes on Milo. But, yes, she does have other ideas. None of them are as good as kissing him but, well, a gift is a gift.

She takes her own sip in tandem with him, finding it pleasant herself. The wine is sweet and glides through her system with ease. Much better than the harsh, cringe-inducing strike of the other liqours she's tried in Haulani. Maybe she should make more drinks like this one, but it's a thought that is casually set aside as Milo asks how she's accomplished such a feat.

And she laughs a little, amused, "Well, it wasn'te just a rambutan. It took.. a hundred, probably. I got a recipe of sorts and went from there. It took a long time, you have to let it all sit and.. well, turn into wine." She winked at him, proud that it had turned out good. It had taken a bit of research but, all in all, the recipe itself was easy and the ingredients were readily available. The process itself was time-consuming, though.

He pulls her back again, and she steps easily toward him, curling herself between him and the counter. The glass is set down and she props herself up to sit on the counter with it, her eyes more level with his now.

"Yeah, you did tell me that," she says with a knowing glint in her eye, as if to imply that she still doesn't quite believe him. She can appreciate his next sentiment though, and it makes her smile fade into an understanding expression. Not wanting a fight if one doesn't need to be had is a good trait to have; it's safe.

Instinctively, she'll never be able to truly relate; she is a fighter through and through. Years of carving out a life for herself had, in turn, molded her into a battle-ready monster. At least, that's how she felt about herself most days. But, maybe if she could prove to everyone else that she wasn't, that she is a good person, then she could also.. finally convince herself.

"You don't have to worry about that, I'm tougher than I look," she says this in good humor but her eyes search his for a moment before they veer up to his rich-red hair. She brushes a stray tuft of it back, fingers itching to run through his locks. But they don't, they settle instead on linking around his neck gently, pulling him even closer. Her gaze meets his again, and she says quietly, "and I'll fight for you, so you don't have to."

"Especially now that I have those," and she inclines her head back towards the twin weapons, a playful smile easily gracing her features.
somewhere to belong
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Change author:
MILO
Fuckin’ Frey.” He rumbles out of sheer surprise and amusement. “Gods, y’really took yer time with it, huh?” He chimes with a huff of a laugh, taking another sip of it and letting it meld on his tongue, finding it all that much sweeter given the time and effort  she had put into it personally. He wishes he could say the same about the weapons – but he wasn’t a crafter, he simply told the smith an idea and they had created it there. He’d just be doing a lot of work for them for a while to pay it off.

It was fine, however, entirely worth it when he catches her gaze, when there’s a softness beneath the fight that she only seems to show for him, finding that it’s all that much more worth it to keep doing these little things here and there just to see that glimmer in her eyes again and again. For now, they talk of his healing magic, and a crooked grin spreads across his face as she sits on the counter and he plants both arms on either side of her, her arms wrapping around his neck.

He peers up at her from beneath a tangle of red hair, still damp from the shower, and she doesn’t have to ask twice as she pulls him in. “Y’are tougher than y’look.” He agrees, no amount of joking of teasing in there. She looked strong, but not as strong as she was. And again, he’s positive she could kick his ass likely blindfolded and with one arm tied behind her back.

Ah, m’hero.” He hums with some dramatics, though his gaze does flicker back toward the tonfas, it doesn’t last long before his gaze is flickering back to her and he’s leaning in closer. "What would I do without ya?" He plants himself between her legs and uses the arms wrapped around his neck as a guide, his free hand moving to slip around her back and settle in the small of it while his head tilts to capture her lips in another kiss – this one just as grateful as the last but hopefully far, far sweeter.
but i knew of its worth