Training snowed in
open!
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 9 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 47 - Endr: 46 - Luck: 47 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1005
NOAH
I can't wait for this no more,
My eyes have come undone
In the coming days Noah planned to travel for his first Deepfrost hunt on the Sea of Glass. The ability for him to turn into a polar bear gave him an advantage he's never had before facing the arctic waters. He was thrilled to be able to get seal yearlong, rather than having to lose their beneficial blubber and meat throughout the winter. For now, though, Noah needed to work on more of his combat skills. He strode from Snowcloak to the Barracks. It was a wordless endeavor as he made his way to the training grounds, offering small waves to soldiers in passing throughout the halls. When he finally did make his way to the grounds, Noah grabbed a spear once more and waited for an opponent.
If my star will ever rise,
Let it be the only one
Elide Pendragon
Researcher / Hunter

Age: 37 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 1 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Elide

Elide is there when Noah shows up. If she were still nothing more than an Accepted, she might be sitting down on the sidelines, wiping a healthy layer of sweat from her skin. That's the way that Noah would remember her, as well; completely human, with blood in her veins and coats to shield her from the cold and a thoughtful drop of sweat ever-present on her brow. Not so anymore.

It could even be said that she is not the same person she once was. But that is for Noah to find out and decide for himself, as one of her oldest friends.

Since she is now an Ascended, and it has been a long time since she's seen him, she doesn't quite know what to say when she unexpectedly spies him in the training grounds. 'Hello, long time no see, I joined the Shields,' seemed a little... inconsiderate, all things considered.

Still, though, she approaches and greets him with a small, stiff smile. "Noah," there is a layer of leather armor that she adorns quite comfortably, as if she has worn it a lot by now, "here to become a warrior, are you?" She asks, a faint hint of humor and familiarity in her tone as she nods to the spear in his hand. And she turns, gesturing for him to follow her. "There are targets this way."

She leads him to an area where plain effigies stand in waiting for them to practice throwing spears, or flinging arrows, or, in Elide's case, firing bolts. She pulls the crossbow from its place on her back, her 'weapon of choice', and positions a bolt into it. Lifting it, preparing, she fires at the little circle in the center of the target. The bolt aims true, jamming into the straw with a thud. All in all, a fine shot. She can admire it for a moment before she steps aside to let Noah have his own go at things.

She glances at him, recalling their days of hunting together. It felt long ago now, now that two years had passed and she had avoided his audience. She'd avoided most people, that is; it was nothing personal.

"I'm sorry to have not been around for the past few years. You must have many questions for me..." it's a subtle invitation for him to air them, if he so wishes to.
I have a deeply hidden and inarticulate desire
for something beyond the daily life
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
NOAH
My eyes have come undone
The woman who approached him was not the woman Noah was expecting. He hadn't really been expecting anyone in particular, but especially not her. When glacier eyes moved to meet her's, his face lit up with familiarity. "A warrior? No. Just a public servant." He chuckled a little bit, but followed the woman as she led him towards the targets. He tapped the spear on the ground a few times as he watched her prepare her crossbow. He smirked, remembering her using the weapon while out on hunts. It was a fair choice, usually, and was excellent at bringing down game. Noah was more traditional in his choice of weaponry, still using his father's long bow and the bow his grandfather had made for him when he was younger.

She aimed, shot, and her target landed. "Nice shot." the hunter complimented as the woman stepped aside. He lifted the spear over his shoulder, rocked his weight back, and threw. The spear moved through the air with much less speed than the bolt had, but still landed just below where Elide had shot. hmm, Noah hummed a small sound, slightly disappointed. "I'm better with my bow." He said, turning to face her. When he knew she would not be firing down the lane again, Noah moved to retrieve his weapon. "I did come to work on some hand-to-hand weapons combat, though."

He didn't bring up any of the questions that instantly flooded his mind when Elide left her statement open. He ran his hand down the length of the spear before pulling it from the target. "Grief is powerful. You don't have to apologize."

Let it be the only one
Elide Pendragon
Researcher / Hunter

Age: 37 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 1 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Elide

Elide can't help but relax with a small smile on her face as Noah falls into step behind her, following her into the target training area. There's little in the way of much more conversation as she readies her crossbow and fires a well-practiced shot. At his compliment, a knowing look is struck in his direction, "It's easier when the target isn't moving."

She moves back to allow him adequate room, watching how he steadies himself against the weight of the throw. Her eyes follow the spear as it moves through the air with intention rather than speed, an impressed frown upon it hitting the target. Noah, however, seems less pleased with this.

Better with the bow indeed. While, in her opinion, the crossbow is the better weapon, she also understands Noah's appreciation for his family's traditions. She herself has learned to appreciate them, as well, and there is nothing inherently wrong with using the bow either. It can be a strong weapon in the right hands, and she knows that Noah is definitely proof of that. He needs no confirmation from her, of course.

Her brows raise at the want for more of a spar, though, and then he says something she's not quite expecting. Maybe she should have. Her chin tilts downward at the prompted thought of her brother's death and she frowns again - this time not because she's impressed. But she makes no more mention of the subject since Noah doesn't seem to have anything else to say about it.

"Well, in that case, let's move on to the sword," she turns sharply and rests the crossbow on a nearby weapons rack. She trades it for a simple shortsword, something that can easily be swung with one hand. It has a different weight and feeling from the longswords she's practiced with more recently.

"Here," she grabs one for Noah and offers the hilt out towards him. Simultaneously, she asks, "How has everything been for you over these last few years?"

When they are both ready, so long as he has no qualms, she'll give him the opportunity of first strike with an encouraging nod.
I have a deeply hidden and inarticulate desire
for something beyond the daily life
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
NOAH
My eyes have come undone
Noah did not hesitate to follow the woman towards the weaponry that waited for them. He still had the spear which he pulled from the previous target. He knew how to use this weapon, and was gaining prowess with it each day, but the hunter was useless with a sword. As she held one out to him, he shook his head and gracefully declined it. "The spear suits me better." He regarded, lifting it some to gesture it. When he used it against Morgan, she complimented his skill and his tenacity. This fueled him to continue to hone himself and this extension of his body.

He took a few steps sideways and to the back, choosing a nice, open, clear spot for them to practice together. He remembered a time from when they were young, before going out on their first hunt in proximity to Whitebrim, where they learned how to get out of holds should they be attacked by cannibals. Elide, a few years older than him, had been taller than him at that time, but Noah had still managed to wrestle his way out of her grip. "Do you remember learning to wrestle ourselves out of danger when we were kids?" He asked her, lifting his spear to hold it in a ready position.

As Elide prepared herself for Noah to make the first move, he took the opportunity. He moved forward to close some distance between them. Then, with as swift and quick of movements as he could manage, the hunter swiped the end of his spear upwards in a circular motion, attempting to swing Elide's legs out from beneath her. "Difficult." He responded to her question, his tone an indication that they would definitely need to catch up later -- perhaps at the Kraai, rather than swinging weapons towards eachother.

Let it be the only one