pack yer bags
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Age: 30 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Ianto
Today's the day, and Ianto surprises himself by still having to convince himself to go to the Hollowed Grounds even after all this time. Arguably it's more dangerous than ever for the Wishing Wagon to go trundling across the borderlands, but it doesn't feel like it ought to be. Either way, the fox rumbles through the Domiciles on a colourful parade, bells and other trinkets clinking on the outside of the wagon as he pulls up outside the aforementioned manor.

He hopes Oliver doesn't expect him to have to holler for him to come out, because Ianto is more likely to start throwing rocks at the windows than do something like that. He gives the other man a grace period of a few minutes, either way, hopping down from the front of the wagon to go and open the doors at the back. The scent of incense drifts from within, and Ianto has to prop open the door to reveal a surprisingly spacious interior.

The wagon is most definitely bigger on the inside, but it's just as quirky as the outside.

Coding base by Sky!
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
You make my heart shake bend and break
Ever since their last conversation, Oliver had started the small journey of packing. Thankfully, he had a lot of bags and chests to use. Would it be great? Probably not, but it was easier than making Ianto carry individual blankets and paintings and oh so many clothes... yeah. Packing up his clothes was one of the easiest things, it could be easily scoffed off. The rest was a tad anxiety inducing but thankfully, it all seemed to work out. Only problem was that the chests weren’t exactly right at the front door, rather, they were in a closet filled to the brim.

It was also helpful that lately, Oliver has remained partially shifted, his fox ears remaining out even when sleeping. His stress was high and he had to know where people were at times. If anyone was near the manor, he wanted to know.

This made it all the more easier. The clanging of bells was a familiar sound and his ears perked up even more. Slipping on his boots, Oliver shifted into his bird form and left his now barren room- only furniture and things he no longer needed remained.

Flying on down to the front door, he shifted back into his human shift and opened up the door. ”Nice to see you again.” And with that he stepped off to the side. Its in the closet to the left. There’s a few chests and three bags. I’ll be taking a bag with me. Walking on over to a couch, he slung a bag over his shoulder. The most important items were held within it.
OLIVER
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Age: 30 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Ianto
Ianto has just finished getting the doors propped open and the way clear when Oliver appears, the fox tossing him a lazy salute and a smile that flashes a golden tooth. "And you," he says, unsurprised to hear the mental voice echoing in his mind but currently unable to reciprocate. He'd get the hang of it one of these days when he levelled up, he was sure.

Stepping inside, he heads straight to the closet with a nod. "Perfect. After this we stop by your forge, yes?" If he remembers correctly, that was the plan. Still, he opens the closet and has to crane his neck up to see all of the chests and the three bags, Ianto grabbing one of them to haul it over his shoulder, marching back towards the door. "You're really moving your life around, huh," he remarks.

Coding base by Sky!
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Words were itching at his throat- ones that were not appropriate for this sort of situation. Maybe Oliver truly was that lonely, maybe he was desperate, or hey he could also just genuinely be attracted to Ianto. Whatever it was, it led to his mind itching for a question, tugging at him every which way.

But now was not the time, nor did it exactly feel appropriate.

Moving over to the closet, Oliver worked on carrying chests over. Unlike Ianto, he had to carry one at a time, hands grasping onto the side handles. ”Yes- it shouldn’t be too hard. I already packed away the goods I have up for example and all the tools. All we need to do is grab it.” With his Fox ears fully out, Oliver felt almost comfortable being completely open. He was still wary, his ears twitching ever so often

A playful eye roll and Oliver continues to carry the chest on over, waiting for Ianto to show him where to put it. ”Honestly- yeah. I’ll probably get rid of a good bit of this, a lot is stuff for trading and stuff... if we can’t take it all, I understand, but I would like to bring at much as possible. There’s a good amount of art and other stuff.”

There’s a nibble at his lip. ”I probably have some art perfect for you- I’ll show you what I got and feel free to pick one. A gift, no need to give me anything.” Ah right, he did that shit when he thought someone was cute.
OLIVER
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Change author:
Ianto
"Sounds good to me," Ianto says brightly, heading out of the house and down towards the wagon. He climbs up the steps and sets the chest down just inside; when Oliver goes to do the same he'll notice that the interior of the wagon (a bohemian dreamer's paradise) spans much farther than it has any right to, past a small kitchenette, a closed door, and a studio that doubles as a bedroom.

He hops back down the steps so Oliver can continue to load the chests and bags inside, flashing him a grin. "I don't think there'll be an issue with getting things packed up in there," he says. "Come on - I don't know about you, but I'm already fed up of the Hollowed Grounds." So saying, the fox is off again, heading back into the manor so he can get another chest.

"Oh?" He tilts his head, ruffling a hand back through his coppery locks. "Sure - I'll take a look when we're back in the Greatwood."

Coding base by Sky!
Blacksmith

Change author:
There's a playful eyeroll and Oliver shakes his head. "Okay- yeah... the Grounds are lowkey a pile of shit. There's a reason why I love visiting around- everything else is so colorful and bright and- ya know, actually has life going on. This place is just dead." Dead was one way to put it, for sure.

A small manifests when Ianto shows interest in his art. There's a sense of pride and joy that fills him. Someone is interested in his art! And they arent from the Guild! That's... kinda awesome. "Perfect! And- I don't know if the Fae are big on art either- but I know I can offer that to them along with my blacksmith stuff." While one was useful, the other provided a special thing: happiness. Yeah, it cant help you fight, but art adds joy to one's life.

Meanwhile, Oliver continues to help pack, clearly eager to get all of this done and set up his new home. "I know I'll be living just outside of their main village- but do you think if I speak with the Fae they may be willing to let me live within their village? I'd for sure offer as many services and help as I can."
OLIVER
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Change author:
Ianto
"Definitely one way of putting it," Ianto says, huffing out a laugh at Oliver's description of the Hollowed Grounds. Hitching another chest into his arms, he turns to carry it out and tuck it on board the wagon. Between them, it won't take too long at all to pack up from the manor. Then onto the blacksmith's and they should be ready to head into the woods. "The Fae are a curious lot, and they're not much different to any others I've met when it comes to art and other goods. People always have different tastes."

That's not to say that they won't enjoy what Oliver makes - but art is always subjective. Hopping back down from the steps, Ianto brushes off his hands and moves back into the manor for the last chest. "I couldn't really say," he tells the other man - the Fae have a colourful history with the Grounds since the barrier dropped, after all. "But where I'm taking you, the Sea of Branches - it's got an emissary there. You ought to be able to meet with someone and find out."

Coding base by Sky!
Blacksmith

Change author:
Oliver simply follows along after Ianto, grabbing a chest for himself. Obviously he wasn't nearly as large, but he was certainly trying his best! "I never knew that they were into art- that's kinda cool. I wanna learn if they have any special kinds of art styles. That'd be fun and cool." It would be very cool! Were there any Fae who specialized in art? Oh how his mind was running!

"Oh- that works too! So long as I'm near people I'll be fine, ya know, Forge kinda requires people to visit me and check out my shop." Honestly, it'd be great if he could get food in exchange for weapons and other tools. It wouldn't be mentioned, obviously, but his mind was already running with all of the possibilities and he was so excited.

"Ya know- I wouldn't mind a visit or two from you, once I do get set up. I could draw you or cook some food for us. Company is always appreciated if that's something you'd be interested in."
OLIVER
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Change author:
Ianto
More chests make their way into the back of Ianto's wagon, and soon enough he's hopping up the steps back into the manor for the very last bags. "Never really got into art myself," he says, "but if you make anything good, maybe I'll sell it on my wagon." Hoisting a bag over his shoulder, he makes his way back out and tucks it on board, dusting off his clothes. "Mm, I don't think you'll be lacking customers, though it might take a bit of time for them to trust you."

With all the packing done, Ianto gestures to the wagon steps. "You want to ride up front or inside?" he asks. Then Oliver mentions food, and well, the fox is sold. "Deal," he says immediately, his grin bright and golden. "We can cook in that frying pan you make me."

Coding base by Sky!
Blacksmith

Change author:
Oliver moves to grab one of the bags, waiting for Ianto the grab the remaining two. ”I don’t blame you. It’s a stroke of luck I got into it as early as I did coming over here. Just kinda stumbled upon the guild, I had barely even been here. Honestly, it’s kept me sane.” It was one of the only things actually keeping him in the Grounds, truthfully.

”Theres always a dry spot at first, but I’m sure I’ll figure it out.” Then a smile appeared when Ianto offered to sell his art in the wagon. ”That would be so amazing. Thank you.”

Oh- what a lovely opportunity. ”I can ride up front, absolutely.” It sounded both fun and also like it’d be the most comfortable place to sit. And Ianto- he’d be there too.

There is a smile and a nod. It was settled then- his first visitor would be Ianto. ”Perfect, a great time to break it in. I’ll make sure to make it extra fancy for you.” There was a smile and a wink before Oliver moved to join Ianto up in front.
OLIVER
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Change author:
Ianto
"There weren't so many guilds in the Greatwood, when I first arrived," Ianto says - not that he'd have gotten into art, even if there had been. His time had been spent at Arduinna's heels, but it's been a long time since the Fae lady had pulled his strings, and he's keen not to stumble back into those memories. Instead, with Oliver's decision made, Ianto shuts up the wagon and goes to hop up on the steps at the front of it, patting the space beside him.

"Don't thank me until I've seen your artwork." He chuckles, busy digging in his coat pocket now for his pipe and tobacco. It's true that there is nothing to pull the Wishing Wagon, but as Oliver joins him and Ianto reaches up to pat the side of it, the thing rumbles off regardless. "Just let me know when we reach your forge. If you give directions, it'll follow 'em," he mumbles, the pipe between his lips. "And it'd better be fancy. I want to make fancy bacon in it."

Coding base by Sky!
Blacksmith

Change author:
There is a raise of his eyebrow and Oliver finally chooses to ask a question that had been in his mind for a short bit. "How long have you been here for?" Had Ianto arrived with Remi? The two seemed to know each other awful well, so that could easily be the case, but Oliver couldn't be too sure.

Ah right- Ianto was a businessman. No time for making assumptions. "Fair enough, let me know whenever you wanna see them." Obviously, it would have to wait for Oliver to be moving into the Greatwood, seeing as it wasn't exactly the safest to do that here. He wasn't sure how people would react to his flight, but he knew damn well that Wessex would be pissed.

And with that, Oliver started to list off directions. This was a path he had taken for weeks- it was something he grew used to and knew exactly how it worked. Of course, he made sure to stay to roads just large enough for the wagon, but ones that hopefully wouldn't be too complicated.
OLIVER
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Change author:
Ianto
"Mm...?" Ianto pauses in lighting his pipe to consider, having to almost count the years off on his fingers. "308 PC?" he says at last. "Most of the Northaveners arrived in the Hollowed Grounds, behind the barrier. But I got dumped outside, in the Greatwood. Didn't even know anyone else was alive until the barrier fell." It's like a funny story now, whereas before it had been a real source of loneliness and trauma for the fox.

"I'll do that," he assures his fellow Attuned, before settling in for the ride. Oliver directs, the wagon rumbles along its way, and Ianto blows smoke rings with his pipe. Only when they arrive at the forge does he stir from his seat, tapping the wagon to let it know it needs to stop. "How much do you need to grab from here?" he asks.

Coding base by Sky!
Blacksmith

Change author:
There was a small frown and Oliver glanced away. ”Damn dude- I’m glad it all worked out in the end.” It didn’t sound pleasant at all but this also was so far in the past there wasn’t much comfort needed. ”Thankfully, I came after the barrier fell... but before any of the portals were opened up to all those new places. I actually came just before LongNight so that wasn’t very fun.” It didn’t compare to Ianto’s experiences, but hopefully it’d give Ianto a bit more information about him.

A light hum. ”Not much... just the tools and whatever is left on the shelves.” Oliver was prepared to help and so, he climbed down. ”Its not much, so it won’t take long at all.” And so, Oliver guided him inside the shop before beginning to grab some of the tools.
OLIVER