Training walkin' through the forest like a ninja archer
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
dont know where the lights are taking us
but something in the night is dangerous
Things are moving quickly now - almost too quickly. Her body seems to vibrate with urgency and though she can’t physically create the hormones needed for adrenaline and stress again, her brain seems to be a wild creature right now.

It’s time to tame it. The weapons of the former barracks call to her, seem to make her limbs move of their own accord into the back, open part of the building. It needs to be cleaned up again - and snow plays in a gentle dusting on the ground, the weapons (for the most part) protected under eaves and in closets. Wessex goes to take them out, methodically choosing an assortment that brings her joy when she feels the weight of the instrument in her hands.

Yes, the Wraith did just Marie Kondo herself a small group of blades and other sharp bits. Arrows. A bow. The knives in her boots and the dagger at her hip.

What would be most useful for LongNight? Fire arrows, perhaps. Reaching for the bow, her hand suddenly stills as she’s taken back to when she and Rex worked on their aim in the Outskirts. The memory only lasts a moment before it urges her to take up the wood and gut-string and nock an arrow back. She pulls, looks down the line, pauses, and then lets it fly.

It thuds into wood, the back end quivering with unspent energy while the tip is stuck fast into a beam.

Wessex takes up another, frowning ever so slightly. She can do better.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
you were forged in fire // and you rose from the ashes
murder and mercy rolled into one
A few nights of good sleep and he feels like he’s entirely a new man. But the previous months of coping and drinking and accidentally drugging himself have made him realize just how… out of shape he’s become. And since he’s here offering support for Nate, he’d rather be on his A-game as it was. So the Attuned makes his way to the barracks, a space he hasn’t been in quite some time. It looks roughly the same, but Sunjata’s come prepared, having brought the bow Deimos had made him here of all places as well as Safrin’s daggers sat at his hips.

He doesn’t realize that Wessex is here, however, not as he slips into the training area, flinching when he hears the thud of an arrow into wood. His head whips toward her, his heart thundering for a moment before it calms and he realizes it’s her. An attempt to swallow down his sudden panic works well enough that he can clear his throat as he inclines his head toward the Queen. “Hey Wessex.” He offers in greeting after she’s unleashed her second arrow, not wanting to interrupt her or somehow manage to get the arrow stuck in him.

Want some company?” A raise of his brow is granted toward her, a crooked smile forming on his face.
which way is up?
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
“Well aren’t you just all over the place,” the Wraith calls out in greeting as she politely brings her bow down. It hangs easily from her hand as she gestures with the other to the open area, inviting him in. “Pick your poison.” An easy agreement to his company.

He might notice that while there are weapons and arrows out, there aren’t any targets. It’s purely because she’s feeling a bit lazy and, well, anything can be a target if you want it to be. Making sure to keep herself pointed away from the Flood, Wessex reaches over to grab another arrow and makes some small talk (with just the teeniest side eye).

“So. Anything to add to the LongNight strategy?”
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Just enjoying my quiet getaway.” He returns to her, flashing an easy smile the Wraith’s way. As for picking his poison, well, he’s already got the bow slung over his back, the quiver as well. All he needs to do is pick a makeshift target just as she had done. They point away from each other and Sunjata moves to draw an arrow, to aim at a post that had used to be a dummy target that’s long since lost the stuffing and fabric that covered it.

He lets the arrow fly, stuffing down his amusement as the arrow knocks into the wood with a thunk, satisfied enough to draw another arrow. Her question gives him pause, however. “Nate’s told me a bit of what’s planned.” He offers, a shoulder rising and falling in a shrug. “I think having teams is a good idea. That way you’re not going to get split up and lost.” It was easier to stick to the numbers, to keep them together rather than pick them off one by one until there weren’t any left. “Do you have anything ranged? Fire arrows? Perhaps throwing torches at them?” It’s clear he’s also at a loss, unsure and worried of the Ascended getting too close to the flame in order to destroy something that was close to what they were too.

It’s clear by the set in his jaw that he’s worried intensely about it all too.
which way is up?
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
“Mmmhmmmm,” she replies to a very specific Nate’s told me about… still thoroughly unconvinced that the Governor-shifter-extraordinaire wasn’t the black dog that conveniently came to the planning session. This time, she aims at a far corner, at a dead, dry wasps's net (and if there were wasps in it, they're definitely dead or hibernating and no threat to the two of them). It hits and severs the nest in two.

“I’m asking Deimos for a crossbow with a fire quiver, so any arrow placed in it will be lit up. It’s mobile, fairly ranged, we can pass it off if need be.” And while Wessex may be good with a regular bow, not everyone is. It would be easier to aim, easier to hide and shoot. She goes to choose another arrow, holding it lightly in her fingers while looking around for a challenge. What she really wants is a moving target. Her thoughts continue on as she pauses in her shooting, laying out strategy and how she’s come to her conclusions.

“Thought about something like a catapult with an invisibility cloak or something that puts whatever is laid into it on fire, but it felt so stationary. We aren’t laying siege to a place or trying to knock it down, we’re trying to herd the monsters into a trap. That can be done in several ways… driving them one way with fire. Luring them with “victims.” She puts air quotes around the word, refusing to think of them as actual, potential victims. “A big thing would pack a punch, but I think we can have other tools for that.” At the end of the day, she knows that nothing they do to prepare will actually prepare them for the madness in the dark. But she can try, and she can make educated guesses.  

There’s the faintest hint of scrabbling claws and as the Wraith tries to locate it, she throws a casual suggestion to Sunjata. “Hey, how guilty do you feel about compelling animals for target practice? They’ll all end up as food, so…”
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He doesn’t have to convince her, not really. He can tell she’s unconvinced but Sunjata won’t admit to it. With his consistency in feeding and finding strays, would it really be that surprising that it was a random dog? No, so he pays her no attention to her unconvinced comment, pretending as though he’s not entirely sure why she makes it in the first place.

So he aims his bow as her words reach him of a fire quiver, his bow lowering slightly as he glances back toward Wessex. “That’s a great idea.” He agrees softly, head tilting back toward the target in question. He can see her thought process with it all, mulling it over curiously. “Well… It sounds like you’ve all thought about it quite a bit.” He pauses, mulling it over again.

Heaving a quiet sigh for reasons that aren’t about compelling creatures, he lowers the bow again to reach out and try to the creatures nearby, searching for anything that might be good as potential food. “I plan on letting Nate use my Safrin daggers. Don’t worry, there’s no anti-Ascended affect. But, I also have a sword I got from the Wishing Wagon.” This draws his attention back toward Wessex. “It sheds light. Dimly, but enough it might be used as a light to draw attention.” He leaves out the part that makes it so your mouth is on fire, finding it unlikely that the Ascended would be at all bothered by it.

When he’s finally reached into a pack of chickens it seems like, a few of them fly over – Sunjata draws his bow up quickly and fires into the trio.
which way is up?
SUNJATA
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
She can hear the clucking of chickens growing nearer and chuckles. “Nice.” When the first feathery bit comes into view, she releases her arrow into the small group, and the two hunters take two of the birds out.

Maybe giving time for the other chicken to hide, or for Sunjata to take it out, whatever, Wessex lazily reaches for another arrow. “Thanks, that’s really kind of you. I have no fucking clue what we’re going to encounter, so anything anything and everything is helpful. Does the sword have a sheath?” she asks, thinking that it might be useful at times. Or potentially dangerous, if it can’t be turned off.

“Don’t you need to keep something for yourself?”
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
The chickens are a nice touch, there’s a small mental pat on the back that he gives himself when both their arrows strike the two. He doesn’t feel bad about it, not really. In the grand scheme of things, a few chicken lives were hardly anything compared to the rest of the things he’s done, the blood on his hands. He draws another arrow, calls a couple more chickens over while the one bounds back under the fence to run off for the moment.

His gaze slips over toward her as he nods. “It’s got a sheath. It’ll show a little bit of light at the top but it can be covered easily by a cloak.” It should be easy to keep it hidden enough until the time warranted taking it out. As for himself? He shakes his head. “I’ll be fine. Torchline’s full of parties. I’ve got a house with plenty of locks, a dragon shift, a Pegasus shift which is a new development, and an assortment of weapons there too.” Just in case anyone came for him, at least.

He moves to steady himself to fly an arrow at the next set of chickens, but he can’t stop the slight clench to his jaw as he lets it loose. “I just need Nate to come home.” She had to understand that. She had to.
which way is up?
SUNJATA
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
There’s always a hungry mouth in the Grounds - if the Flood doesn’t want a chicken for himself, the Wraith certainly knows a family or two that would be grateful for it. The third one scampers off, clucking loudly, and she lowers her bow, putting it to the side for a moment. What next, what next…?

“Gods, that sounded so nice. I should have taken advantage of that more,” she says, referring to being a free agent last LongNight. “Somehow I still got sucked back in here last year.” Which, at its core, is probably why she’s pursued this whole thing; she is a Grounder at her core and perversely or not, she wants these fuckers out of her home.

She finds a pair of throwing knives and fondles them a bit, hearing his choice of phrase and wondering if that’s what he ultimately came here to talk about. “I’ll do my best,” the demigod says with a soft sort of solemnity. “This isn’t a suicide mission. I will do literally everything I can to keep everyone, but he needs to make smart choices in the heat of the moment.” The sound of new chickens grabs her attention and she watches them approach, carefully and silently hefting a knife before snapping it in the flock’s direction.

“Remind him of all that? He told me of his vision… if we can keep our heads and stay together, we have a better chance.” Maybe. Hopefully.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Mm, well, it wasn’t all fun and games. Nate and I had to help some of the Torchers get rid of a lava octopus in the Fingers.” He pauses, calling over a few more of the chickens and waiting for them to arrive. “I got a bit fucked up and now I need to get more work done.” He murmurs, managing a soft laugh, patting at his bundled up shoulder that’s missing half of the tattoo because of scar tissue.

But that’s neither here nor there. The conversation shifts and the chickens slip over in their slow approach, Sunjata’s steel gaze flickering back over toward Wessex as she tells him that it isn’t a suicide mission. It feels like it is. He isn’t even involved, but there’s something about it that still doesn’t sit right with him.

He lets an arrow go as he bites his tongue, watching as it sinks into one of the chickens and the Wraith’s throwing knife lands in another, taking two down and sending the flock into a flurry again. “He does make smart choices.” He says easily, matter-of-factly, before he turns to Wessex with a hint more seriousness along his face. “He’s the one that’s kept me alive this long. I trust him.” It’s everything else that he doesn’t trust. It’s the fire and the monsters, it’s remembering the Monster Hunter’s Guild burning down and a group of people knocking on the Temple door, and how he had opened it for them when she’d been on the fence. “He’s been right about every vision so far.” Whether that's comforting or not, Sunjata just needs him to be okay.
which way is up?
SUNJATA
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
Wessex sighs. That hadn’t been what she’d meant and when the Flood continues to extol his husband’s virtues, doesn’t feel like defending herself - yet feels like she must. At least a little. “Wasn’t implying that he doesn’t or that his vision’s aren’t right.” Turning towards Sunjata, her hands fall across her chest. “It’s because of his vision that I’m asking you to remind him, because he is far more likely to listen to you and play it more… safe, I guess, than he is to listen to me. He isn’t like Sam. I worry about sudden heroics and him getting trapped alone.”

Hell, she worries about all of them getting trapped alone.

In the end, Nate had made his own decision and voted for this. That it’s ending up to be this giant production is a calculation error on her part. “I trust you and Nate. And I hope you both trust me.” She will do her utmost, her damnedest, even sacrificing herself - but Wessex cannot control the dice fate.

Whether or not that soothes Sunjata’s fears is anyone’s guess - if not, well it’s just another example of Wessex’s inability to be comforting. She may sound confident, but there’s evidence of little cracks of worry, if one knows where to look.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
It isn’t an attack on her. It’s a mutual understanding that he had been right, and it worries him that perhaps the others might not take it as seriously as they should. But he puffs out a quiet sigh, sinking an arrow into one last chicken before moving to go and collect the poultry for wherever Wessex would like to take it and also so he can remove the arrows to keep. Still, he can’t help the quiet huff of a laugh directed Wessex’s way at the mention of heroics, turning back to her and leveling his steel gaze with her. “Wessex, Nate and heroics are kind of opposites.” It might not be soothing, but it’s the honest truth. “I’m pretty sure there’s only room for my idiotic heroics in this family.” He does offer a bit brighter of a laugh, letting it wash over his worries as his mood shifts.

As for trust, Sunjata offers her a soft nod. With everything that’s happened between them, he hopes that he can trust that she’ll get Nate back to him. But he gathers the arrows, cleans them off with a bit of the snow nearby, and moves to hand her the birds held together by the feet. “I trust you.” He finally concedes, shifting to place his bow along his shoulder before glancing back the way to the entrance. “It’s my last couple of days here, but if you need anything don’t hesitate to send a letter or have Nate tell me.” He murmurs, before he’s dipping his head to her. “Is there anything else you need?” If not, then he’d be on his way.
which way is up?
SUNJATA
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
She does manage a genuine chuckle at his self-deprecation. “Alright, yeah. Fair point.” Whatever Nate may do, it isn’t likely to be as ridiculous as grabbing a lightning rod whilst someone else calls down lightning.

As she collects the chickens, she offers one to Sunjata if he wants - not that he won’t have food wherever he’s staying, but as payment for rooms or a gift for the inn-keeper, or hell, to just tear it apart later as a panther or whatever kinky shit he and Nate get into. “I’ll bring him back in one piece, Jata. Promise,” she says quietly without looking at him. Guildmate. Brother. Loyal friend. No, Nate isn’t someone she’s eager to lose any time soon.

Rising, she hangs the others chickens by their feet and stows her arrows to clean later. “Know any Accepted who might be up for a good time for a good cause?” Raising her eyebrows in a suggestive manner, she asks for the only thing she has yet to source - power.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Actually, to make matters worse, Sunjata had been the one to both call down the lightning storm. It had been what distracted him from realizing what was being handed to him, and why he’s far more careful on grabbing things that he hasn’t seen first. But he doesn’t voice it, instead, allowing that half smile to remain in amusement on his face.

She offers one of the chickens again and while he doesn’t need it personally, he takes it anyway, sure that those in the VlamVloed could make use of it before the week of darkness fell upon them. But she gives him a quiet vow, a promise that she would bring him back in one piece, and he offers her a nod in response. He’s not sure what he would do if Nate didn’t come home.

Regardless, the question takes him a bit off guard, his head tilting as he considers the options. He doesn’t dare suggest Melita, knowing well enough that she’d absolutely murder him if he did. And then there’s Zeph, though Wessex would have to get through Vai for that option. There is the possibility of Jack (only because Sunjata doesn’t know of the magic the smuggler has) but even still, he’s not entirely sure.

So he offers an apologetic smile with a shake of his head. “I’m not sure. I’ll keep an eye out for anyone that might be interested though and send them your way.

- FIN <3
which way is up?
SUNJATA