we all need someone to stay
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
now i'm afraid to sleep at night, those who love me never felt the light
Nate’s been working on this dinner all day. A sort of… Pick me up before things start to get rough again. But Sunjata’s feeling better, the sleeping meds doing wonders for him in both his mood and ability to get things done. So a night where they can simply just relax, a night where Nate can cook and they can invite Vervain and Zephyr over for dinner, seems like something they should do. Sunjata hasn’t talked to Vai about the medicine yet, putting it on the backburner for now unless it comes up.

Besides, he has a bit more pressing conversation in regards to this Kane that Zeph is supposedly buddy buddy with.

But it’s all for good will, really, an answer to how they planned to thank the witch and smuggler for creating this home for them while they’re both around to do so. The invite has been sent to Vai and Zeph, and for the majority of the day Sunjata’s tried to help out in the kitchen, having been more of a hindrance he thinks than anything else, but at least he’s tried. “Are you sure you’ve got it under control?” He asks his husband, flashing a playful grin his way, placing the plates on the table, ensuring the glasses and utensils were in place on the table – cursing quietly when he’s forgotten one thing.

It had been a long time since he’d done any sort of formal dinner. And besides, he’s never really been the one to set the table in the first place.
haunted by the darkest sky
tell me, who the hell am i? tell me, who the hell am i?
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
'cause i'd rot in hell with you if you'd just asked me to
— i love the shitty things we do together —
Chicken and ramphire roast, roasted vegetables lightly spiced with fresh herbs, fresh bread and pastry and seafood appetizers. Nate has been busy, and he’s relished in the chance to throw himself into something like this, to prepare a big meal the way he’d been taught. To not let other worries consume him.

And why should he focus on them anyway? Sunjata was sleeping well again, acting more like himself, Longnight plans were well underway. Things were moving, rolling along fine.

Sunjata tries, bless him, to help him out, shooed out every time by an increasingly insistent Nate. ”I’m positive I’ve got it under control.” He rumbles as the table is set, a bright grin flashed in the direction of the attuned while he fusses with a sauce that’s not thickening the way he wants.

”Did Vai and Zeph say where they were going to show up?”
live with me in this sin forever
— hell and you, i know you want it too —
NATE
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
COCO - Regular - Cloud Wyrm
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
look at everything you've overcome - don't give up now
They're going to show up right now. There's a bright knock at the door before it opens, Vai calling out a hello into the house as she steps inside, tugging Zeph along with her. She's brought a sweet and fruity wine for the occasion - because ha, why not - and has probably been looking forward to the meal since Sunjata and Nate first brought it up. The witch is food motivated, and the rest is history.

"Whatever that is smells amazing," she calls, assuming Nate to be the one in charge - she'll eat the sleeve of her coat if it's Sunjata responsible for cooking tonight. "How were the Hollowed Grounds? Did you get everything done ready for LongNight?" There's no getting away from that time of year, and it's better to mention it now so they can get it out of the way.
Vervain
Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Age: 42 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 10 - Int:
KI - Regular - Panther Chamelon
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
your bright eyes are gonna kill me for sure
Yeah so guess you're doing this. Family dinner or whatever, though it isn't explicitly stated as such - but you know Vai has a soft spot for this pair of boys (why), which essentially makes them your surrogate step-son-in-laws or someshit. They certainly are not rubbing off on you, even a little bit.

You leave your shoes at the door and follow Vai into the house, carrying a second bottle of wine because gods know you'll need it. The place smells homey; you're surprised as ever that Nate can cook, given his entire lack of taste. You've got a button-down shirt with a bright bird print under your light coat, though you still have shorts beneath it all - but still, there was an attempt.

A hand is offered to Sunjata in greeting, and an eyebrow raised at the fucking fancy-ass table setting he appears to have been fussing over. "Y'expectin' royalty?" you cannot help but ask, wondering why the fuck anyone would put fabric on a table when they're just going to have to wash it off later, anyway.
ZEPHYR
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
now i'm afraid to sleep at night, those who love me never felt the light
Shooed out of the kitchen time and time again isn’t his first time. Still, he pushes the boundaries upon occasion, sticking a foot in and waiting until Nate notices. But then he’s focused on fiddling over the table, ensuring that the right utensils and glasses and wine and other drinks are already set upon it. His attention flickers back to Nate in the kitchen at the question, before he hears the door open and Haai and the cats greet them to guide them toward the dining room – not like they’d have any trouble finding it. “Now, it seems.” He offers with a playful grin sent Nate’s way.

Vai and Zeph enter and Sunjata’s slipping toward them to embrace Vai – careful of his bound wing, of course – and careful to not squeeze the witch too tightly. “I think we got a majority of it done..?” His gaze flickers back to Nate for confirmation, before he’s slipping over toward Zeph to greet him with a hand on his shoulder and an easy smile, one that shifts toward a smirk at the comment. “Who says we aren’t?” His head tilts playfully before he’s leaning in as if he’s to tell a secret. “Worried you’re going to get confused between the salad fork and the dining fork?” It’s an easy tease, one that doesn’t even apply here given that there’s only the one kind of fork, but Sunjata can’t help himself.

He slips back toward the table and gestures for them to take a seat, pouring Vai a bit of wine in a wine glass and Zeph a bit of the whiskey he’d brought out, before pouring himself and Nate some, sure that if Nate needed help bringing in the food that he’d certainly let him know.
haunted by the darkest sky
tell me, who the hell am i? tell me, who the hell am i?
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
'cause i'd rot in hell with you if you'd just asked me to
— i love the shitty things we do together —
Well, speak of the devil. Sunjata's grin is mirrored on Nate's face, a brow lifting as if he's trying to figure out if somehow this was planned. The timing is just too good.

"I guarantee it'll taste even better." Nate boasts back, not leaving the kitchen until his arms are loaded up with steaming platters and bowls to set on the table. Only then does he turn to offer his own greetings, slipping in to press a kiss to Vai's cheek, almost doing the same for Zeph before thinking better of getting quite that close, and offering his hand instead. "The Grounds were fine, I'll be bouncing back and forth until we get everything set up." And that was that. Nothing else really needed to be said, right?

A bright laugh leaves him as he walks back into the kitchen to check the last dish, still sitting in the oven. "We can get you a dog bowl instead, if you think it's more your speed?" It's surprisingly easy to tease back, his mood lifted higher than it's been in weeks, the grin on his face completely genuine.

This needs a moment more. He tells Sunjata silently, before leaning over the counter and gesturing at the table. "Go ahead, serve yourselves."
live with me in this sin forever
— hell and you, i know you want it too —
NATE
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
COCO - Regular - Cloud Wyrm
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
look at everything you've overcome - don't give up now
Exchanging hugs and kisses as though it's the most ordinary thing in the world, for the first time in a long time, Vai feels like the Wrenzaoks might have found a bit of normality. And she's warmed by it, to see such easy smiles and carefree conversation, the witch accepting her wine and raising it in a toast to the two of them. "All of this looks amazing - you've outdone yourselves," she says, sinking down into the seat Sunjata ushers her into and thinking better of trying to help. (She knows better than to risk the chef's wrath at this point in the operations).

"Well if you both need to go there again, just let us know," she says, flashing a grin across at Zeph and tipping him a mischievous wink. "I reckon Governor Kawaianu over here is starting to enjoy the responsibility."

Her ribbing of Zeph is silenced, of course, by the appearance of the food, and she leans forward to flash a grin to Nate in the kitchen. "If it weren't for the fact that you didn't eat, I'd have warned you that there wouldn't be any left if you didn't come and sit down," she calls, before reaching forward to do as she's told and serve herself some of the delicious food.
Vervain