ne znaet schast'ya tol'ko tot
for Samuel!
Weaponsmith

Age: 361 | Height: Kinda short | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Neowulf Offline
Change author:
MP: 970
THE GHOST IN THE SHELL \\
Aamu's thick braid is hanging forward over one shoulder, and he stops with his hand raised towards the doorknob. Darkness is settling comfortably along and between the buildings, the chill starting to bite cheeks and chasing people inside. He can easily make out the dry, grinding noise of feet against hard-packed snow.

What does a bookstore trapped in time sell? He doesn't doubt there's more, now, with the ability to stock up from Torchline and Halo, but before that—were there bits and pieces left from another time? Or nothing? What does isolated and abandoned authors write during three hundred years?

He's curious, he'll admit it, but acquiring books isn't his main reason for coming here.

Aamu nudges the door open and slips inside, quiet out of habit. He blinks in the candlelight, studies the shelves upon shelves of books taking up all space in the narrow store. It's cosy, at least. Easy to see why someone would enjoy having this place. And—guiltily—Aamu immediately looks around for that big, fluffy cat.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Samuel
Sam was in the reading nook upstairs from the main store, refilling the oil in the lamp that bathed it in a soft orange light. While fire and Ascended didn't mix, he had never been able to give up the gentle flames that illuminated his shop. Mia stood on one of the chairs above him, very interested in what he was trying to do, giving the occasional 'mrrrp?' as she reached down with a paw to try and touch.

As soon as the sound of the door opening came though, she swiftly went on to that distraction; she jumped off his back (to the usual yell of 'hey!') and rushed down the stairs to investigate, seeing Aamu before Sam would. Mia had always been a sociable, bold cat; she would strut up to the visitor and weave between his ankles, chirping as if asking what offerings he had brought to her domain.

A moment later, wiping his hands of oil on a cloth, Sam began to come down the little stairs. "Oh - hello! I'm sorry about Mia, you can shoo her away if you like. We don't usually have people in this late."

I drink too much coffee and I think of you often
In a city where reality has long been forgotten
Weaponsmith

Age: 361 | Height: Kinda short | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Neowulf Offline
Change author:
MP: 970
THE GHOST IN THE SHELL \\
He's not sure who the intended target of the hey! is, but fearful it is him, that he is somehow overstepping by coming here at this hour, he freezes and does not move from his spot. He contemplates just slipping back out again, or calling out a questioning sorry? when there's the thunder of kitty paws down the stairs. The majestic cat approaches him and he can't possibly leave now, can he?

She winds around his ankles and chirps for attention, and Aamu, more than willingly, squats down to let her sniff his fingers. And if allowed, he would reach out to stroke her soft, thick fur, rub her cheek and her ears with his fingertips. Aamu's always happy to indulge cats.

She's followed by her Ascended, and Aamu glances up from his position of cat worship on the floor. "I'm sorry, I hope I am not too late?" he asks, thinking it is more than clear that he has no intention whatsoever of shooing the cat away. Honestly, maybe a third (or more) of the reason he's here is to finally, finally touch that godly fluff for himself.