all together now
Remi/Mateo!
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081

These days Ronin actually looks forward to waking up. It's true that he's completely devoid of all his abilities, useful only for the kinds of things his strength and endurance are capable of, but that doesn't seem to matter. Why would it, when there's every chance that he might wake up to Remi in the morning? When, even if he doesn't, his husband might still come strolling into the Dragon's Nest at any moment. So much so that Ronin has even started to build a supply of clothes for Remi, in case he drops by.

For now, though? He's replaced the lumpy mattress on his bed for something more comfortable, and he's bribed his way to some blankets that might even be considered comfortable on a good day. So as the dawn starts to peel its fingers in through the windows of his quarters, Ronin is sound asleep, his face buried in his pillow, dead to the world.

ronypony
it's always nice to make an impression
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
he said "i bet you don't remember me"
It's something the pair weren't entirely sure of. When was too soon to bring Mateo to Stormbreak? And, without the boy as an anchor, how would Remi return? Plans were made and conversations had, and eventually a day was decided upon. This day, as you're all probably well aware.

And so it was that Ronin's bed was suddenly filled with not just one extra body, but two. Sound asleep, Mateo and Remi would find themselves teleported from their den of blankets in Ianto's wagon, to a much smaller cot in Stormbreak. Sandwiched between his parents for the first time in months, was not so-little Mateo. Were it not for Remi's magic, neither boy nor alchemist would have had any luck falling asleep for how excited they both were.
THE ALCHEMIST
and i said, "only every other memory".
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Mateo Taliesin
Botanist

Age: 23 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 17 - Int: 0
Change author:
the earth has music for those who listen
My first trip to Stormbreak is not one I am destined to remember well, but that doesn't make it any less wonderful.

I fall asleep, as I do most nights, snuggled up to Dad. But while most mornings I wake up upside-down and tangled in a cocoon of blankets all by myself in the wagon, today I am right-side-up and squished between two large, breathing bodies. This is different. This is exciting.

I sit bolt upright, blinking in the dawn.

Dad. One of them is Dad. That one I immediately clamber onto, pressing on his chest with my very small hands and attempting to shake him awake. The other one is a man with no face who is not Ianto. "Da. Dada. Daaaaaa," I urgently and very quietly whisper, trying not to wake up the mostly-familiar-but-also-not-seen-in-some-time other sleeping body. "Dada. Ge'up. Da. w's Teo's 'Anto?"
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

The weight and warmth of two extra bodies does not sir Ronin from sleep. Nor does the shifting about of one of those bodies. But as the small voice hits the air, whispering into the Star's subconscious in a way that reminds him so much of Aoife that it feels physically painful, Ronin awakens. His eyes peel open, bleary and unfocused, and he shifts to roll onto his back with a grumble that's as content as it is befuddled. "Morning Remi," he says, assuming his husband to be alone.

"I just had the strangest dream..." At least, he assumes it's a dream as he rubs his eyes and glances across at the other man, only to be faced with something that is entirely too real. Mateo, for all he has seen him in his dreams, is still a completely different sight to behold in the flesh. "Remi...?" he repeats, gaze growing a bit sharper as he gets his elbows under him to sit up.

ronypony
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Well, everyone is up now.

Groggily, and with far less worry than the other two in the bed, Remi slowly opens his eyes. There is a smile on his lips before he can even see clearly though, having waited and planned for this moment for a long time now. "But I don't want to get up." Remi chuckles back to his son, one of his hands, warm from the depths of the blankets, emerging to softly brush back Teo's curls. "Ianto is back in the wagon, remember? We went to bed in the Woods, and we said when we opened our eyes, we'd be alllll the way across the world!" The alchemist's tone is whimsical and whispered as he beams at the boy.

"It isn't me you should be saying good morning to." The alchemist chuckles, sleepy green eyes raising to Ronin as he shifts himself back against the wall to give Mateo and Ronin maximum space (which was hardly anything, in Ronin's little bed) to figure out being together.
THE ALCHEMIST
Mateo Taliesin
Botanist

Age: 23 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Um. Okay, wait.

I would be listening to Daddy better, for reals, I promise, 'cept that the other person's talking now and confused as I might be about this whole situation, I definitely know that voice. And that face. And those eyes, 'cus they look like mine 'cept in a different face. I'm still sitting on Dad's chest, but I'm staring at the other person 'cus ohmigosh, PA!

This is the part where an older, smarter child might realize what's happened. Being neither of those, I instead assume the most obvious solution: this is a dream. I always see Papa in dreams, after all - and never any other time. So even though I thought I was awake, I guess not?

A biiiiig smile breaks over my face. I stand up, which is hard on a bed and a blanket and my daddy, and walk (read: waddle) over to Papa, flopping delightedly into his chest. "Papa!" I squeal, peering at him from under my mop of curls (I need a haircut but refuse), "Teo sleepin'! Flyin' time?"
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:

Having gotten himself sat up, Ronin can only watch with complete awe as Remi speaks to their son - and even if Mateo doesn't understand, the Star is listening. His smile starts as a small, sweet thing that creeps across his face more as Teo turns to him. "Me!" he exclaims back in a voice that is definitely rougher than usual, and while he wants to pass it off as sleepiness, he feels like Remi will see through it.

Catching the boy in his arms, Ronin cuddles him close, smoothing back the messy curls to look down at Mateo properly. He can see them both in him, in the colour of his eyes and the dimples in his smile, and it damn near steals his breath. "I'd love to make you fly, but this isn't a dream," he tells him slowly. "We've woken up, look! I wouldn't make us a teeny tiny bed like this, would I?"

ronypony
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Ooofff." Remi groans dramatically as Mateo steps onto his stomach. Offering out a protective hand should Mateo fall, the alchemist only relaxes once the boy has safely collapsed himself onto Ronin.

Remi doesn't need to be touching the Star and swimming in his sensations to know what has caused Ronin's voice to be rougher than normal. These are moments long stolen from him; both with Mateo as well as his other children. But now finally, finally, the pair are encountering what it is like to be parents together. Not one alive and one dead, not one across the world from the other. But here and now; together.

'Well, you might.' Remi says with a laugh, stuffing his pillow into a small ball and then letting his head roughly fall against it as he watches Star and son explore one another.
THE ALCHEMIST
Mateo Taliesin
Botanist

Change author:
Papa envelops me into a hug which I immediately attempt to squirm out of, because it is very difficult to observe my surroundings when someone is squishing me. And Papa is the most interesting surrounding: he feels different than when I'm sleeping, like he's a little bit rougher and maybe he smells a little bit stronger and also he's still in a teeny tiny bed, as he has pointed out, and to which I contribute "Teeny bed!" with a generous giggle. This is not what usually happens by now when we're dreaming. The whole thing is marvelously strange.

My hands are up on Papa's face; the stubble feels funny on my palms, and I rub it delightedly, peering up at him from beneath the mop of curls. "Papa's fuzzy," I inform him, and Dad as well, in case he was wondering. Satisfied with this, I again lean forward against his chest, humming happily. "Love Papa. I'm hun'ry."
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:

Strange can leave itself at the door; it's just marvellous for Ronin, the Star grinning from ear to ear as he loosens his grip on their son that Mateo might explore to his heart's content. "I might," he agrees with Remi, and it appears that the boy agrees with them. Then his cheeks are squashed by tiny hands, and he's laughing and leaning in to gently press his cheek against Mateo's. "I'm very fuzzy. Like a bear. But not as much of a bear as Da."

Winking at Remi, Ronin sits himself up again and folds his arms around Mateo, relaxing against the headboard and feeling as if he can breathe freely for the first time in seasons. "Love you too, monster," he murmurs, pressing a kiss to the mop of soft curls. "Hungry, you say? Well that won't do. Shall we get dressed and I'll take us for breakfast?"

ronypony
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Have you looked at yourself in a mirror lately?" Remi wonders, though of course his husband isn't wrong. The alchemist is by far the more rugged and bearded of the two.

"Come on then. Let's show Dad just how quickly you can get changed and brushed your teeth." Nudging their son's shoulder with his head, Remi smiles proudly at Mateo, before turning an adoring stare to the Star. It's cramped and small, fleeting and strange, but gods he wouldn't trade it for the world.

For this moment at least, it all seems worth it. The distance, the struggle, the unfairness of it all. To have these moments as a family are everything.

~FIN
THE ALCHEMIST