insanity or glory
For Sunjata
Shaju Senzaok
Gangster

Age: 59 | Height: 6'3 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: N/A - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
oceans rise, empires fall, we have seen each other through it all
He's been watching and waiting for this moment. Weeks in the making, one might call this.

Or perhaps it's just a second's effort, snatched in a second too opportune to pass up.

It's a few days into LongNight, and away from the bonfires and the merriment, Torchline is blacker than black. Natives either know better than to walk in these shadows, or they are too self-assured to care.

Whether his mark is too self-assured, or merely foolish... well, that is not his concern.

His concern is with fists and knives and other implements.

When he arrives at the Wrenzaok household, sequestered into the side of the cliff (and oh how he's peeked in at that feigned, disgusting happines, how he's allowed himself the sentimentality of shame for this failure of an offspring), all is tranquil. All is quiet.

Shaju drops the body, barely breathing by now, raps merrily at the door with bloodied knuckles, and steps away into the night.
SHAJU
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
COCO - Regular - Cloud Wyrm
Change author:
and I loved you so much it was making me sick
Vai's first mistake was walking away from the bonfires alone.

Her second was refusing to go back to the house to face Zeph. Things had been strained since their trip out to collect starlit stones, since talk of children and going through that growth of a family - again - and her complicated feelings regarding it.

She is paying the price for that now.

Accustomed to pain, is the witch, and yet as she hits the ground a strained cry rips from her throat. She's black and blue, and that says nothing for the blood that paints one side of her face red, that soaks her clothes. Her assailant has been brutal and thorough, and the scars from this will linger, more than skin deep.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
SUNJATA
the flood
i'm nothing more than a page unwritten
on the pavement, blowing in the wind
It was happy, at least… As happy as it could be with Nate gone, with only Melita and Hotaru home with the cats and companions. And he’s prepared to try and wait it out, to block out everything until Nate comes home. But he doesn’t get that luxury, not with the sudden sound at the door, the cry. And gods if it didn’t spark some terrible monstrous horror in his mind that he’d let in the monsters of LongNight by opening the door, as if the creatures had drifted out the boundaries of the Grounds.

But he’d have heard about that before now, surely, right?

So it’s tentative, the daggers he usually keeps on him given to Nate for his venture. Sunjata pulls out the daggers Melita had gifted him and Nate instead, not magical but sentimental and sharp, enough to do the work if it truly was a threat. Luckily, he’s in the kitchen, close enough to grab them and drift toward the door, taking a sharp breath before opening it with the daggers prepared and ready. And that’s when he sees Vai, his heart lurching and panic settled deep in his gut.

Everything is abandoned, the daggers slotted somewhere out of his hands as he bolts through the door to pick her up. “Fucking hell” He curses, aiming to lift her up and bring her inside where hopefully nothing else could hurt her. “Vai, it’s okay, I’ve got you.” He hums softly, aiming to try and keep a level head, finding this soft settled horror in his gut begin to leach out and take hold.
you win a lot, and you lose
just a little bit more than you gained in the end
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Vai doesn't know where she is. She can barely see, one eye swollen shut and the other awash with blood. But she knows she's been put down, and she knows that the voice - difficult to discern the words with how badly her ears are ringing - is horribly familiar to the one that spoke to her in the dark. And so she struggles and lashes out (as if there's any way she wouldn't) when Sunjata tries to scoop her up.

Luckily for the Flood, not that it would have really mattered given their difference in strength, Vai is much too weak to do little more than swat a hand against his shoulder. "S'ny?" His name comes out slurred, followed by a hissed curse as she's carried inside. "Why?"
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
She fights back against him and it has that horror curling deeper, knowing somewhere in the back of his mind it’s because of his voice, led up to by the reminder of Arsen’s body nailed to the wall. But she’s still alive, still breathing even despite what occurred, and Sunjata clutches her tighter to bring her in. “It’s me, it’s me, Vai.” He stumbles over his words, trying to breathe as it settles in his gut. “I…” He trails off, kicking the door closed behind him, summoning Haai to go and grab some towels and blankets, the first aid kit (even if Sunjata hardly knows anything about using it, he’s flying by the seat of his pants).

Taking her inside, he pushes aside whatever things sit on the couch, uncaring if they get dirty, simply wanting to set her down on something soft and kind in comparison to what had occurred. “I don’t know.” He doesn’t know why, but he can guess, and it has a sharp clench to his jaw once she’s finally out of his arms and he can look her over. “Lets clean you up okay?” He suggests, trying his fucking best to replicate Nate and having absolutely zero of the confidence that doesn’t keep his voice from trembling.

Haai returns with towels and Sunjata’s departed momentarily to grab a bucket of water, returning quickly to sink to his knees beside her with the warm water and a towel to try and wipe away the blood and find out where the injuries are.
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:
He doesn't know - he doesn't know why he did it, Vai thinks with fleeting, sinking panic, and it's only as she finally gets a good look at him, at her blood seeping into his clothes, at the horror on his face, that she realises she doesn't care right now. They can sort anything out between them, and Vai can't afford to lose her head. She's lost enough already without that.

Hissing out another curse as he settles her down on the sofa, her head lolls back to gaze at a ceiling that's clouded around the edges, and only the feel of a cloth on her skin brings her around. There's a deep cut along the side of the witch's face that will undoubtedly leave a nasty scar - done for that very reason, no doubt - and another along the back of her leg, made to prevent her from running away. The rest are more shallow, though they are accompanied by deep bruises, some in the shape of fingers.

"A drink?" she manages eventually, voice thick with blood.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
He doesn’t know that she thinks it had been him, not yet at least. That horror can come later as he gives all of his focus to helping her, pretending (and failing) to be like Nate, calm exterior with quick working hands. Sunjata’s too much like a bull in a China shop, and so he goes slow in the hopes of not making things worse, wiping away the blood, cleaning up the cut on her face first, the one that brings him a huge amount of horror and a deep dread that rises up from his gut time and time again, reflecting on Vai and replacing her with his mother, back and forth and back and forth.

He manages to clean it up, finding the bandages in the kit and applying one to that wound first, to staunch the bleeding though he imagines it will need to be replaced. Her words for a drink, however, have his gaze snapping up from the task, his heart still thundering as he gives a quick nod, shifting to the bird shift if only to get over to the kitchen quicker. He grabs two things, a glass of cool water and a bottle of something strong.

He comes back as quickly as he can, moving to try and help prop her up, grey eyes dark and shadowed as he scans her over once, unable to do it again until he has to. “Do you want help?” He asks, before doing it anyway, helping with the glass of water to wash out the blood, setting it down for the whiskey to wash out the pain. “What happened, Vai?
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:
She's unaware of the metaphorical knives that sink into Sunjata, as clear and sharp as the real ones that had sliced into her skin. All Vai knows is a throbbing wash of pain and a vision that's trying to clear, as he wipes away blood and moves out of the room. The next thing she's aware of is the water, the witch forcing herself to sit up enough to take a sip. It spills, mostly, but it wets her throat and gets rid of the copper taste of blood.

And then there's whiskey, Vai reacting much better than that. And though it hurts like hell, she takes a generous gulp of the amber liquid, letting it burn and steady her resolve. She's able to actually look at Sunjata by the time he asks her what happened, but the wounded expression on her face tells that she doesn't know how to answer at first. Mostly because he should know. Mostly because he was the one who had done it.

"I was attacked, on my way from the bonfires in Torchline," she mumbles.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
He doesn’t care if the water spills so long as she gets enough of it. As for the whiskey? Same thing. He watches her carefully, asking a question before he’s focusing on her leg and the wound still bleeding there, grabbing the rag and water again to clean that wound and wrap it, to get the worst ones done first. His heart continues to thunder, worry sinking in deeper and deeper with each passing second.

His first question is why would anyone attack her? Knowing how close she is to him and Zeph, a member of the council as well, why they would dump her at his doorstep. He knows the answer, somewhere deep down in that blocky head of his, but he doesn’t want to force it upon her and sound like he’s lost his mind. So he keeps his gaze down at the wound he cleans, taking a steadying breath but sure that Vai could feel the way his hands tremble. “Do you know who did it?” He should be afraid of the answer.
Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Age: 42 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 10 - Int:
KI - Regular - Panther Chamelon
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
zephyr

"Get the fuck offa her!"

To say that you're angry would be an oversimplification. Angry, yes. Furious. Enraged. But also terrified, guilty, scrambling, drowning in the sheer panic that's sent you running to the 'Biter's house, even though you do not run. You do not panic. You do not yell.

But for her? You'd do them all.

You'd been looking for her when you heard. Things had been... weird, since the whole 'hey I wanna put a baby in you' chat, and while you stubbornly waited for her to come home at first, eventually you found yourself by the bonfires, asking for any sign of Vai. And that's when you heard what had happened, and you felt your blood drain out, replaced with fire and guilt and wrath. You'd grabbed the kid who told you by the collar, shaking them as they stammered more information - 'Biter, hurt bad, didn' see it but - and then dropping them and turning up the beach at a dead-ass sprint.

You don't knock, or take off your boots, or any of that shit. You have keys for just this occasion, and now you use them to enter without preamble, calling out in a shaking, booming voice: "VAI!" And when you see her---

---and when you see him---

You don't think. You only swing, grabbing at the back of Sunjata's shirt to pull him off of the bloodied and bruised form that is Vai. Your usually placid face is fully contorted by rage; you pull back a fist and swing is squarely, intending to connect with his jaw. "How fuckin' DARE YOU!" you roar as you swing, wanting nothing more than to reduce him to a pulp.

But there's more important things. Releasing your hold on Sunjata, you drop to your knees beside the couch, reaching with tender, shaking hands toward your lover, horror blanching your face white as you take in the extent of her wounds. "Vai, what'd he do to you?" you whisper, tears unshed in your eyes. "'m sorry, 'm so sorry, I shoulda- fuck, I shoulda been there. I ain't gonna let 'im hurt ya more. I'm takin' y'home."
burn all the things you have to burn
save all the people you're supposed to save
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:
It was you, Vai wants to say, but she doesn't have the words for it. It had to be you, it sounded like you. We're at your house. How did we get to your house? The tears that sting in her blue eyes are not for herself, but for the man kneeling before her, tending to wounds that she's more and more convinced he must have put there himself. She loves Sunjata like her own son, and there's no room in Vai's heart for anger when it comes to that sort of love.

The same cannot be said, evidently, for Zephyr. Gasping in a breath at the rumbling voice that echoes through the stone walkways of the house, she has neither the time nor the faculties about her to stop what happens in the next crucial few seconds. "Wait--!" She just about manages that much, reaching out for both Sunjata and for Zeph as he moves closer. "It's not his fault-- he doesn't remember, Zeph--"
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
There’s the sound of a door opening and before Sunjata has time to flinch and wonder who the fuck has opened it, there’s a hand in his shirt pulling him away from Vai, without an answer. But the answer apparently comes when Zeph’s throwing a fist at his face, when he’s stumbling and scrambling just to get to his feet.

It’s hard enough to split his lip and send him scrambling just enough that he recovers, reaching up to his jaw as armor plating coats his torso and his neck, encroaching on the underside of his jaw. His back is to the counter, Vai’s blood coating his hands, his heartbeat thundering again and again as Zeph kneels by Vai and Vai says he doesn’t remember.

Horror fuels again anew in his gut, paired with a fuming rage. “I didn’t do anything.” He says, pausing to spit out a bit of blood. “I found her on the doorstep.” He protests, taking a step closer, brows furrowing and watching them intently. “I haven’t fucking left this house since Nate did.
Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Age: 42 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 10 - Int:
KI - Regular - Panther Chamelon
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
zephyr

Jata stumbles awau and is swiftly forgotten, your attention entirely wrapped up in the injured woman on the couch. "You're fuckin' hurt, Vai," you growl in response, voice rough and catching in your throat as your calloused hands tenderly trace over her temple, trying to avoid any wounds. You want to throttle Sunjata, to slam him through a wall and then the floor - but you hold yourself at bay for her, instead settling for turning back a piercing, scarred glare.

"Then how come I got kids sayin' they saw you, 'Biter?" you snarl, not moving from your position between Vervain and her attacker. "You got thirty seconds t'explain why I shouldn' have ya thrown inta th'Maw. Vai, can y'walk? I can carry ya."
burn all the things you have to burn
save all the people you're supposed to save
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:
Zeph's right, much as Vai hates to admit it - she is hurt, her bloodied fingers ghosting over the back of his hand as it comes to brush gently against her temple. A shuddering sigh leaves her, the witch's head spinning and pounding all at once, and she simultaneously wishes she could just hide away in the darkness and also think clearly enough to sort out this mess. Because much as the finger seems to logically point at Sunjata - and gods does she wish it didn't - she can't wish harm on him. Not more than Zeph's already given, anyway.

"Leave it," she tries, shaking her head to her man. "It's not... everything feels muddled right now." And so she tries to walk, the witch managing to get to the edge of the couch before pain lances up her right leg and she grates out a curse blue enough to make any sailor blush. "Not right now," she says apologetically to Zeph, pushing a trembling hand through her hair.