The Brightest Stars
Caiside Annatar
Blacksmith

Age: 43 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Caiside had no idea what to expect from the ‘church’ Bastien was leading him to. This was the first real taste of religion he had gotten in this realm. If the animated man leading him was any indication though, the place of worship had to be something special. The door they stopped at confused him, though the stars painted on it finally gave him some insight into what kind of goddess Safrin was. The little bit of gleaned knowledge was nice, seeing as Bastien seemed reluctant to say anything concrete about his Lady. ”I did follow you here to see your church.” Caiside said, gesturing for Bastien to open the door and present to him the church. His expectations more in line now that he had taken in the simple exterior.

The door was thrown open with a theatrical grace, and Caisides mind was changed for the third time in almost as many moments. The interior was still rough, but there was a care out into it that made the scene almost breathtaking. It was dark, yes, but lights seemed to sparkle in the ceiling like stars, and murals of the night sky covered the walls. It was beautiful, and primal in a way. The first few steps he took into the room were slow, Caiside looking about the room to try and take it all in.

”This is wondrous.” Caiside breathed the words, seemingly too distracted to put any real focus into them. ”This is more than I expected. It does remind me of places in my home as well. I am... I am impressed.” His praise did not come easily, but it was well deserved here, at least for the aesthetics of the rooms. ”Would I be right in assuming her realms are the night skies?” The words were said with humour, Caiside turning to look up at Bastien.

Caiside
heir of fire and ash
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:

BASTIEN
Caiside's initial speechless reaction was just what Bastien wanted. He loved to be a spectacle, to see the amazed faces of onlookers on his performance; the church was his biggest show yet. He swanned inside and lit some candles, first the magical one from Safrin which dotted the stars and blue shadow around, then some normal ones simply for light.

"Ah...Thank you for the compliments, friend. I'm afraid Safrin's realm is a mystery to even me, her most devoted follower. She...is vague, as to what her exact ruling domain is. But whenever she appears to me, she is bathed in the most beautiful night skies, stars on her skin and sparkling in her hair. Ah, sono innamorato."

That did bring something else to mind. While he stepped over to a drinks crate in the corner of the room and motioned for Caiside to sit, Bastien spoke over his shoulder. "So, let me ask you. You said you were divine...so what is your realm? And is it one that condones a little treat?" As he asked the last question, he wiggled a bottle of wine in his hand.

you never had time for metaphor, or, rather, you had time to spare for those who used it with care, holy mother star
Caiside Annatar
Blacksmith

Age: 43 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

Caiside couldn't help but cock his head, the smile slipping off his face somewhat at Bastiens admittance that he didn't know what his goddess' realm was. It seemed more than strange to him, especially since the man had claimed to be her head priest. Perhaps, he tried to reason, gods were simply more elusive in this realm. It wasn't an entirely unreasonable thought, though it was one that seemed alien to Caiside.

"My realm was wildfires. I must admit, I was not... an incredibly well renowned god, but I was beloved by followers. There was a train of celebration that followed where I roamed, and bonfires, and feasts." Caiside moved to sit down while he spoke, crossing his legs delicately and resting his hands on his knees. It felt good to be recognized, even if all he had to offer as proof were his words. A gentle laugh escaped him when the other man produced a bottle, delight in Caiside's eyes. "Treats like that were part of my worship. If this is how your worship your Safrin, perhaps we have more in common than I first thought."

Another amused laugh came from Caiside as his eyes settled back on Bastien, paying full attention. [say}"You know, with the wine and candles, this is quite the romantic layout. IF you hadn't proclaimed this place a church, I would think you were trying to seduce me instead of converting me." Caiside wasn't sure that Bastien's intentions weren't seduction, if he was being honest. He knew who he was, and how he looked, and it most certainly wouldn't have been the first time.

Caiside
heir of fire and ash
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

BASTIEN
Wildfires? Bastien was surprised to hear that. Such a thing was feared, wasn't it? Admittedly forest fire had not been much of a worry in Venice, but he certainly didn't think it something people would worship. Perhaps Caiside had been a menacing figure, one that was prayed to for mercy. But looking at him now, the delicate beauty of his make up and thin figure...it was hard to imagine.

Bonfires and feasts certainly sounded like something he could get behind, though. Caiside even approved of his offer of a drink; Bastien could just have easily made his church in this God's name.

He poured the wine as Caiside made an observation about the room looking romantic. With a quiet laugh and a shrug, Bastien brought over the drinks. "This is just a much a place of love and sex as one of prayer. I see them as one and the same. If you want to be seduced, let me know and I'll get right to it, cara."
you never had time for metaphor, or, rather, you had time to spare for those who used it with care, holy mother star
Caiside Annatar
Blacksmith

Change author:

Caiside laughed again, lifting a hand to cover the flash of teeth that showed and accepting the wine with his other. He took a sip before speaking, his eyes sparkling over the rim of his glass in the low light. "Seduction is not what I expected, being invited here, but I wouldn't turn my nose up at you if you were to try." The words were close to an invitation, but the humour with which Caiside spoke changed the meaning, just slightly, like a snare laid around a diamond.

"I did think that your intentions were to proselytise me though, weren't they?" Caiside took another sip of wine, and leaned forward. "Given that everything else has been so theatrical, I'm quite excited to see your actual pitch." He did find himself wondering if Bastien had a pitch, or if he was simply getting people to join based on hedonism without substance. Not that he had any kind of problem with that, people needed their releases after all, and he would be hypocritical to judge it, it just wouldn't be something he wanted to be a part of.

Caiside
heir of fire and ash
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:

BASTIEN
He made a note of the words about seduction for later. It was certainly something he wanted to try; to take someone so divine and beautiful for something as carnal as what he had planned...it was a delicious notion.

Clinking their glasses together before he took a drink, Bastien thought about the question. First of all, he wasn't sure that his intentions were to proselytise. This encounter, like most things, he had been making up as he'd been going along. But he did have five necklaces growing dusty in the altar that needed to be given out...

He stood, placing one foot on his chair and speaking with his hands animated. "So. I was once like you. Lost here and brand new like a baby, though not half as beautiful. I was wandering looking for a purpose when somebody told me the Gods here could speak to you as easily as someone in the street. Where I come from..." Bastien sighed exaggeratedly. "...God was a distant figure used by others to control."

Memories of the cold halls of churches and gazes of priests made him appreciate his little building all the more. Gently touching the table (decorated with paint and carving to look like a forest at night) he continued. "So I go to the shrine. And I pray for someone, anyone to appear. And my beautiful Lady Safrin appeared to me. I'm sure you understand, Signore, that beauty is a kind of power. Well, she immediately held power over me. From her presence to her body draped in stars and the very darkness of the night. Ah..il mio amore."

Admittedly his story began to suffer from some leaps of logic at this point onwards, but he kept the same tone and excitement. "I asked what I could do for such a creature so that she could smile upon me. When there is such a thing as Gods walking on the Earth with you...you do not ignore it. She told me to make her name known among the people. And well...I know how to stay in minds. I constructed this place. People here have a good time, have a transcendent time...and remember that Safrin is all of it."

Now he held up a finger as if acknowledging a shout from a crowd. "But, you say, what if Safrin does not care for this? Well, I asked her. She said she could approve of the endeavour and gave me the chance to name five disciples. We can spread the word of beauty, of power, of pleasure. All in the name of a most wonderful Goddess. And that is the Church of Safrin."

Caiside Annatar
Blacksmith

Change author:

Caiside sipping his wine whenever he wanted to giggle at the other mans drama. There was enough heart to the production that it felt inappropriate. Bastien truly believed in something, if not the goddess and what she represented, then at least the cause he had made in her name. There was a lot to respect about that, and Caiside felt himself warming up to the idea behind all of this. ”You do make it sound tempting. Enough so that it’s almost unbelievable.”

Swirling the wine in the glass, Caiside carefully considered his words. ”All that you’ve done in the name of your devotion is rather impressive. Especially for a man who hasn’t been close to gods.” The words were punctuated with a smile, to try and lend them some sincerity. “Surely it cant be as simple as you make it sound though. There must be some... actual work involved, other than making her name known. Renown is earned, not forced.” His hand went still and his gaze travelled up to meet Bastiens, wondering how he would take it.

It wasn’t that he was trying to pick holes in what the self made holy man was doing, it was just such an alien way to go about it all to Caiside. Gods told you what they wanted, in whatever doublespeak they chose to use, and that was it. There different interpretations, there always were, but it was never so easy as the simplest idea. There had to be something he was still missing, some core tenet about this church other than simply pleasure, and beauty.

Caiside
heir of fire and ash
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:

BASTIEN
When Caiside told him it sounded tempting, Bastien smirked and moved out his hands with a tilt of his head in a 'see?' gesture, basically ignoring the second half of the sentence. How could this place not be tempting?

"But don't you see? The work is making her name known. Or at least...it is for now. I do not know the Gods here intimately, no one does, but I'm sure she will have a purpose for me eventually. This is all leading to something." He took a hearty swig of wine and smiled around at his church, his expression almost manic for just a second.

"And when it does, I...and those who follow me, will be the most wonderful people here." He moved to look dreamily at a portrait of Safrin behind him. "It is a natural kind of goal for someone like you, ah? Someone divine already? With gold in his eyes and hair?"

Turning back around, he ventured to lean forward and take a little of Caiside's hair in his fingers gently, played with it just a little. This was where the aforementioned seducing came in. "You do not have to believe it all. Just have a desire to have a good time and a love for beauty and life."

Caiside Annatar
Blacksmith

Change author:

Caiside caught himself leaning into Bastiens fevered words, the fantasy grabbing his imagination. He could see it, and he could tell just from the way the man spoke that Bastien could see it too. Greatness, his name on the lips of all who saw him. It was the kind of role he could slip into easily, that he could wear wrapped around his shoulders like an elegant cloak, a comfort and a statement

”It is the kind of position I like to inhabit.” Caiside followed Bastiens gaze, looking over the portrait of the goddess. He wasn’t entirely sold on all of this yet, but he had joined other causes on flimsier reasoning. It wouldn’t be bad to have a place back in some kind of spotlight. And this didn’t even sound like much work, compared to the things he had done for power and renown before. Bastien turned back towards him, and Caiside looked up to meet his gaze.

The hand that reached out to take a strand of hair surprised him with its boldness, but Caiside leaned into it regardless. ”You do make it all sound so good.” Caiside breathed, batting his eyes. ”I don’t know if I believe in what you do, but I do know the power of these things. Perhaps I could be shown some kind of... example, of what I’d be in for?” A breathy laugh accompanied the words, Caiside teaching up to grab onto Bastiens hand gently. If he was going to join something he didn’t believe in, he might as well make sure he could have a good time with it first.

Caiside
heir of fire and ash
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:

BASTIEN
Bastien smiled brightly as his hand was taken, his advance accepted. Oh, Caiside was just perfect. Exactly what he wanted for his church. If he could populate the place with people so beautiful as this he would be very happy. Pulling Caiside's fingers up to his lips he kissed his knuckles then placed his other hand gently cupping his jaw.

"It depends on what you want, cara. I can show you the joys of my kind of worship." He offered, stroking Caiside's thumb with his cheek as he leaned in to stay just an inch or so away from his lips, so that when he spoke Caiside could feel his breath against his lips. "Or are you looking for something else? I should not defile such divine beauty without good reason."

Caiside Annatar
Blacksmith

Change author:

Caiside splayed his fingers when they were placed on Bastiens face, gripping more than caressing, the touch somehow feeling just as intimate. His smile seemed to grow sharper as he tilted his head back, his chest arching up towards the other man. He shouldn’t have had the time to miss this, this delicious dance before something even more delicious, yet he still had. It would almost be worth joining just to do more of this.

”I am well acquainted with your kind of worship, but I would like to see how well you perform it.” Caiside rose up just enough to close the last bit of dostance between them, brushing their lips together while he spoke. ”Beauty is meant to be defiled, that is it’s reason. Especially my beauty.” While he spoke, Caiside lifted his other hand, mirroring the one already on Bastiens face. His thumb moved to stroke over strong cheekbones, the touch feather soft.

This had escalated quickly, far faster than Caiside had anticipated, yet all he felt about it was a jittery excitement in his gut. He was being treated how he was used to, and a part of that included courtships, and what came after them.

Caiside
heir of fire and ash
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:

BASTIEN
"Oh, cara. I can show you new ways to pray that will change your life." Bastien promised, his heart soaring with thrilling joy at how this was turning out. Sleeping with a God, even an ex-God, was a fantasy of his so deeply held it felt unreal to be having it.

Bastien put his hand over Caisides and leaned in to kiss him proper, with all the passion one would apply to a familiar lover. His other hand went to rest on Caiside's chest gently, just applying the lightest of pressure. Caiside felt like a precious thing, the golden details on him feeling literal almost as if he were a beautifully wrapped present.

Pulling away just slightly, Bastien looked towards his back room. "I have somewhere more comfortable for this kind of worship. Follow me, tesoro." He led Caiside by the hand to his dark back room, where cushions covered a wide soft bench to be used for...parties.

Caiside Annatar
Blacksmith

Change author:

Caiside sighed into the kiss Bastien so reverently places upon him, leaning up into the slight touch on his chest. The spot where each fingertip presses against him felt like an ember, the moment it started to burn. Bright, and dangerous. His eyes however, stayed trained on Bastien the entire time, molten gold pouring over the man until he pulled away.

Without being asked, Caiside rose, following the priest deeper into the ‘church’. ”You keep calling me these little names.” He pointed out softly as they entered the other room, a smile lifting the ends of his words when he saw the soft bench. Stepping ahead of Bastien, he sat, getting himself comfortable, an action that involved stretching with the sole purpose of showing himself off. When he was still, he continued, holding out a hand to the priest. ”What do they mean?” Even in the positio he was, he couldn’t help but be curious.

Caiside
heir of fire and ash
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:

BASTIEN
"They are terms of endearment in my language. Dear, darling and just for you...Golden One." Bastien explained with a smirk as he crawled over Caiside on the bench, hands on either side of his body and leaning down to have his lips close to Caiside's as he whispered: "Is there anything else you'd like to be called?"

He moved to stroke a hand up his side. "Divine?" The hand moved to Caiside's chest. "Holy?" He moved to hold Caiside's jaw and tip up his head, just stroke his lips with his thumb. "Tesoro, defiling your holy image will be the best thing I have done in this place." With this said he moved forward to take Caiside's mouth in a bruising kiss, rubbing his hand along his jaw.

He pushed his hips up against the other mans, moving to straddle him. "I shall worship you in the best way I know how." Bastien promised, then began to rock his hips and kiss at Caiside's neck with just a hint of teeth.