it's casting shadows and lies
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
I swear I still believe but I don't know
Ronin doesn't want to be here - not at a time like this. Not with Nate away, not with things as they are. And yet he stands outside the door to a house he's never seen, to a life that's been picked up since he and Remi left on their adventures only to be almost immediately torn away from one another. He clears his throat and draws in a deep, careful breath before he knocks at Sunjata's door. The turmoil of emotions within the Dark Star is absolute - he wants desperately to see his best friend and to make sure he is alright.

He also wants to punch him hard enough that his clothes hurt, for something heard on the grapevine. Something as of yet not proved, as of yet not investigated. But that is why he is here, is it not? So Ronin clears his head again, forcing himself to calm, to cast benefits on all the doubt that worms its fingers into his thoughts. He reaches out and raps at the door at last, stepping back that the Flood doesn't think he'll just barge on in.

"Jata?" he calls, hoping that will help.
the dark star
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Online
Change author:
MP: 2712
// the edge is getting closer, it's a long spiral down. it's so fun to fly 'til you hit the ground
i think i'm getting too close, i think i'm getting too close //
He’s worked to clean up the blood Vai had left behind on the couch, to pick up the bucket and rag and clean that up as well before tending to his quite sore lip and bruised jaw. In fact, he’s detached himself so much from it all that he stands at the kitchen counter, a paper before him, Melita’s name written on the top and telling her that she needed to come home now, that they needed to talk, that something had happened and he doesn’t know how to explain it other than how he already told Zeph.

The knock at the door has him tensing, setting the writing utensil down, muscles feathering in his jaw as he works it. “It’s open.” He hadn’t even considered locking the door, not sure if it even mattered anymore.

Ronin’s voice breaks through, though, breaks through his haze – and despite Sunjata being confused as to why Ronin would be here, his emotions are in such a sharp overdrive that he can’t help the shimmer from growing in his eyes as he abandons all else to move toward the door. “Ronin?” He says, breathes, voice cracking a fraction as he swallows hard tries not to let some sort of relief swell through him.
it's hard to get to heaven with my head in my hands
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
It's open, so Ronin clicks open the door and finds himself halfway down the hall when Sunjata appears, and gods if it doesn't fucking hurt to see his friend like this when he knows what's about to happen. Worse still is the way it hurts to think he might look this way out of guilt, out of knowing what he's done and what he's capable of doing again. But Ronin has no magical empathic touch, has nothing but his own instinct and mind to work through all that he sees before him, and what truths are evident in the clench of the Flood's jaw, the tears in his eyes.

"Hey, man. Long time no see, huh?" The Star tries on a smile, though it's strained at best; even so, it doesn't stop him from stepping forward to the man who might have almost beaten his (their, really) adopted mother to death. It doesn't stop him reaching out for Jata, drawing him into a tight hug. "What the fuck's happened, Jata? This is a mess."
the dark star
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
// the edge is getting closer, it's a long spiral down. it's so fun to fly 'til you hit the ground
The words are strained, they sound wrong in a way that does cause Sunjata to assume that word had spread somehow, of the rumors of what he’d done when he harbors nothing to prove that he had. Word of mouth, an accent so similar. That’s it. But it doesn’t stop Ronin from approaching, wrapping him in a tight hug, one that Sunjata clings to. “I don’t know. I haven’t left the house since Nate left.” He begins, drawing a breath, trying to sooth the sore, dull pain in his jaw.

And then Vai was just, left at the door somehow, horribly hurt. They’re saying I did it.” There’s a tremble to his hands, and he pulls away from Ronin, worried that perhaps that news had spread too, and that’s why Ronin had shown. But didn’t they have more faith in him than this? To think that he’d done something so cruel and horrible like this? "But I haven't left."

He doesn’t know where he stands in anyone’s view anymore, and somewhere deep down that oily dread curls as if ready to pounce.
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
With the Flood before him like this, Ronin already believes him. But that's the thing with trust and friendship - belief is biased, and there is no room for bias when someone is sneaking around in the dark and attacking people. And Sunjata has been through a lot, more even than Torchline or Caido can claim, and it's there that the ribbon of doubt coils about and tugs at him. "I know what they're saying," he murmurs, at least getting rid of as much assumption and confusion as he can. "That's why I'm here."

Sunjata draws back a little but Ronin doesn't let him go, searching steel eyes for any hint of callousness, any hint of a lie behind it. "We'll sort this out, Jata. Okay? We'll get to the bottom of this, figure out what happened." Come hell or high water. Drawing him back into a hug, Ronin lets out a shuddering breath. "I am so, so sorry." For what? A lot of things. One thing in particular, though.
the dark star
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
i wish i could say that i am a light that never goes out
He can't be seen, not walking about as a ghost. Even so the alchemist hides his breath, stills the snarl on his lips as Ronin embraces the Flood, and hides in the shadows. The Lullaby doesn't need any sort of signal from Ronin to know that it's time. Whether this second hug from Star to Flood is to keep Jata distracted or to ease Ronin's conscious, Remi doesn't know or care.

With a shove against Sunjata's soul, the alchemist moves to thrust the other man out of his body. The Flood will grow limp in Ronin's arms as Remi relinquishes control. In the confusion that follows, a door opens and closes, feet run across the floorboards, and then?

Then they will find out the truth.

Standing next to the Star and looking barely human, the alchemist eyes the Flood with all the intensity of a predator taunting a worthy opponent. His muscles are taut, his curls are more feathers and mane than hair, and the barbs on his tongue are not just metaphorical.

"Explain." He all but snarls, his voice low and reedy. "You say you haven't left your house, and yet there are those who say they saw you. Vai who said it was your voice." Remi nearly splits his own lip open with teeth suddenly jagged and sharp.

Magic: Out of Body | Can project his spirit into the world. While in spirit-form, his body is completely vulnerable, though his spirit cannot be harmed. Can take over the bodies of animals within a 30ft radius, and can attempt to take over humans as well. (A 30 END difference is an automatic success. Difference of 20 is accompanied by extreme disorientation and mental pain for the soul in question. Difference of 10 or below is accompanied by disorientation and temporary loss of bodily function.)
Type: Grey | Rank: Mastered

Remi's endurance is 65, vs. Jata's of 30, so automatic success!
but I  f l i c k e r
from time to time
REMI
Table and Gif sniping by SKY who is eternally the best forever
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He should have guessed, should have known that’s the reason Ronin would come. As for sorting it out, Sunjata stills when Ronin refuses to let him go, his gaze shuddering, an apology on the wind that only barely has a few seconds to register before he’s… Thrown, with magic that feels so familiar, a momentary remembrance of the shadows of the Climb Fever. It charges through him, his body growing limp in Ronin’s arms, a sharp shooting pain that spirals through every nerve in his body. And he cries out from it, heaving breaths as he sags further into Ronin’s arms, eyes opening just enough to spy the animalistic sharpness of Remi’s appearance.

And Sunjata, with all those shifts in him, the mix edged toward predatory, knows when to give in. Feathers flit through his shoulders, melding with the thick fur of the nyala, his prey shifts overtaking his skin, some internal line of his attunedness offering his submissive forms to the Lullaby. “It wasn’t me.” He protests, weakly, gritting against the nausea that speaking causes. “Ask… Ask Zeph about Kane. He’s…” He grits his teeth again, squeezing his eyes shut as it rolls through him again. “Same accent. Same place. Korofi.” He manages with his thundering heart, swallowing again and again as he attempts to recover.

The idea of telling them that this strange man nobody had seen nor heard from unless appropriately timed was his father didn’t seem to help his case any. “It wasn’t me, Remi. It wasn’t me.” This is said so weakly, that dread and terror turning to ice in his veins.
SUNJATA
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
It's both, in truth - Ronin holds onto Jata so he doesn't fall when the soul is shoved from his body; he holds onto him to keep him distracted; he holds onto him because he means it when he says he's sorry. But as his partner appears and the Flood starts to come around, Ronin releases him and steps back. His fingers pulse across Remi's shoulders - a brief moment that asks for measured violence, if there is to be violence - before he's moving to lean against the front door a short distance away.

Removing himself as a mediating force? Blocking the exit? Probably all of these things.

"Is it possible that you don't remember?" he offers as his only probe into what might explain all of this. He doesn't think amnesia will save Sunjata from whatever judgement Remi is about to deliver, but it might at least make it bearable.

On second thought, no it wouldn't. It's just as horrible, however he slices it.
the dark star
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Submission is the last thing the Lullaby wants. He wants a fight; he's been spoiling for one ever since Zephyr's letter reached him. Behind every word and thought has been images of Sunjata's blue eyes surrounded by red and purple, violent and painful as the wounds on Vai must be. "I'm fucking asking you." Remi snarls, the flashes of prey animals only further inciting his predatory instincts.

Stepping forward, Remi's hands reach for the Flood's shoulders that he might be shoved back into the wall behind him. Damn whatever furniture or knick-knacks are in the way. Jata is taller by more than a few inches, but Remi doesn't seem at all intimidated by having to look up to glare into the other man's eyes.

"That's what you have to say for yourself. The anthem of every fucking coward and crook who has been caught out for what they've done?" The last time he was this close to Sunjata they were both mostly naked, clinging to each other for life and pleasure. Now all the alchemist can smell is the tangy scent of adrenaline, lingering blood, and stale air. Gods how easy it would be to just tilt his head and tear the Flood's throat right out. "It WaSn'T Me." He mocks. "This is your last chance to come up with something better."
but I  f l i c k e r
from time to time
REMI
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Ronin lets him go and it takes all the strength he has to get his feet under him before Remi is on him, shoving him into the wall – feathers flaring with it. Sunjata isn’t looking for a fight. He’s not even sure he could get a handle on himself for one, lest of all one with the Lullaby. He meets Remi’s gaze, the sharpened edge of all the predators and promises that Remi’s sure to do, and already Sunjata can’t figure out whether or not whatever he says next would matter.

I didn’t do anything.” He manages, muscles clenching in his jaw, legs trembling to keep him upright. “Why the fuck would I hurt her? After everything she’s done for me?” He can’t help the frustration edging his tone, not even thinking of the medicine that had been swapped, not thinking of much at all other than the opportunity Remi gives. And if it ends poorly without him saying much else, how much worse could it be for him to unleash that edge of frustration. An edge of frustration brought by years of continued hopelessness, really.

His gaze slips to Ronin, that yawning pit of sadness and sorrow encroaching in again and again, before his gaze snaps back to Remi and it turns into an ice cold rage that settles along his spine. “A few words from people saying it was me and you both think so fucking little of me that you think that I could do that? To someone I care about?” They were his friends. When did that change? The rage settles and he struggles to try and loosen the hold that Remi has on him. "I can tell you everything I know about Kane. I guarantee he did it, but he's impossible to find unless you're Zeph." His slithering snake of a father, with glamours and shifts to his appearance. Only the voice remained. A voice that Sunjata's was cut from the same cloth.
SUNJATA
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Maybe you've always been an asshole." Remi suggests. "Maybe you went a bit fucking mad with Nate gone—" And honestly if it can be said that the alchemist softens at all, it's here that he does it. He knows what it is to be without his other half. "—maybe you were infected by some madness like before!" The alchemist's tone rises as the frustration his magic blisters out of Sunjata speaks biased volumes about the man's mindset.

Frustration, and then anger.

Not the sentiments of a man who is innocent.

'Don't you fucking look at him.' Remi snarls, wings snapping from his back (and without his magical shirt, subsequently tearing the fabric of the material), to hide Ronin from view. The alchemist had been worried precisely that Sunjata would try and use his friendship with Ronin as some sort of bargaining chip here, and in the moment, that seemed exactly what it was he was doing.

"I thought enough of you to fucking ask you first." Remi corrects, the pulse of Jata's jugular made thick with his anger and rising blood pressure. And only a thin layer of skin to protect it..Swallowing hard, the Lullaby forces his eyes back to the Flood.

The strongest in nearly any room, Remi steels himself against Jata's movements as he raises a hand to the Flood's throat. His fingers don't tighten though, but they certainly do something. Helping himself to all of Sunjata's emotions, the Lullaby peers deep into the Flood's eyes, daring him to repeat himself again.

"So you've no alibi, and so far your entire defence is ask Zephyr."
but I  f l i c k e r
from time to time
REMI
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Nate’s departure was certainly felt by Sunjata, but it wasn’t enough to turn him mad, to forget who was friend and foe. And as far as Sunjata can tell, he’s fine, healthy now that it’s been weeks since he’d stopped taking the original sleeping medication. He’s felt the most sound in mind since then, until this of course. This blindsides him.

Perhaps it hurts more as Remi’s wings snap up and block Ronin from sight, the way that the Flood wishes to do the same with his wings, one broken and still attempting to heal, but he doesn’t think that’s a good idea either. So he draws silent, lets that icy rage settle again in his bones, gaze snapping to Remi when the correction is made, followed by the threat.

Sunjata isn’t getting out of this. And so he stills, with Remi’s hand at his throat, Sunjata’s pulse thundering, his emotions full of anger toward his father, anger toward himself for not having an alibi, angry that he needs one in the first place and that nobody believed him. But then there’s that stream of hopelessness that settles in, that he thinks despite whatever he could say that none of it would be enough. “That’s all I have, Remi. I was here and found her on the doorstep. She put up a fight with whomever did it. The only mark on me is my face courtesy of Zeph.” No scratches or wounds mar his arms or his torso, nothing aside from love marks left by Hotaru days prior.

So the Flood deflates, shoulders slumping, throat bobbing against the hand to his throat. “What’s the plan, then? Come to kill an innocent man?
SUNJATA
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Anger. Anger is almost all the alchemist feels. He reacts to it, rises to it. His mouth salivates, his tail emerges with poison already dripping from a stinger the size of his fist. He wants to whisper last words into the Flood's ears while raking his claws across his neck. Thoughts of Vai in a helpless crumple fuel this reckless righteousness almost as much as Sunjata's utter lack of defence does.

"Show me your hands." Remi says in a voice only slightly louder than a whisper. He has to release the Flood and take a step back to allow the man to do as he's told, but the Lullaby is quite certain he can contain Sunjata in any way he wishes.

'You've done nothing to prove you didn't do this, so I'd not fucking push me just now." Remi warns, and there's almost amusement in his voice. Whatever this will do to Remi's relationship with Ronin, whatever doom it will spell for alchemist and Flood going forward, or Lullaby and doctor, Remi doesn't care.

All he can see are Vai's bright blue eyes scrunched closed in pain.
but I  f l i c k e r
from time to time
REMI
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
A command is nearly whispered out and Sunjata can’t help the slight huff of relief as Remi steps away. But he does as told, jaw clenched tight as he shows Remi his hands, one marked in pink lightning scars before lifting up and hiding beneath Safrin’s starry tattoos, stars that are quite dim within his skin. His gaze remains on Remi, not wanting to fight, not knowing how to get out of this either.

And so it’s acceptance that comes next, a tremble to his jaw and his hands that he wishes he could hide, knowing that he can’t. Weak, that’s what his father had told him again and again. Part of him almost wishes to be thrown back into the Trial again, it was easier to have the weeks lead up, assuming that you’d die in the midst of it.

I’m tell you the truth, Remi.” He manages through a flat, defeated voice. His gaze no longer on Remi but on his outstretched hands, at the starry moon wedding band on his left hand, on the scar that crosses his palm there. Hopelessness burns through him, and sorrow of course. Sorrow for the image he’s apparently portrayed to make them think he was capable of something like this.
SUNJATA