Personal Quest from the ashes a fire shall be woken
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
You make my heart shake bend and break
Gathered before him were tons and tons of supplies, the sight very familiar. Something he had done seasons before in the Grounds that would be repeated within his new home. It would be strange, for sure, but hopefully for the best. All Oliver could do was stay positive and hope for the best.

Remaining inside, Oliver’s anxiety was still high with LongNight practically choking him. He felt still in danger. But it was fine, he knew it, all he could do was try his best.

A notice had been sent, not to the grounds but everywhere else, and he stood there, waiting and hoping that people would show up. Someone would be there to help him start his new life and continue providing goods for others who had no other means... plus it was kinda nice to get a nice jacket every once and a while.

Hello! Here’s a PQ to set up Oliver’s brand new forge! I’ll try to not do too many rounds to get this over with. If I can get 2 people I’ll be starting within 48 hours. So feel free to join and help Oliver out! I’ll be rolling for success or fail.
Im accepting up to 3 people, but I can do with less.
OLIVER
Juniper Dubois
the Amberwing
Diplomat

Age: 57 | Height: 4'8 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Bees Offline
Change author:
MP: 1749

Outsiders in the Greatwood were Juniper's concern, a significant part of her entire job, so of course she showed up to meet this one -- and to lend a hand. Even though she didn't know him, she thoroughly approved of Oliver's move. An exchange of ideas, goods, people -- that was what she was trying to encourage, to build bridges between the Fae and outsiders.

So she showed up bright and early to help Oliver out, and to introduce herself. Smiling, she offered him her hand. "Hello! My name is Juniper Dubois -- I'm the Fae's ambassador to the outside world. I'm here to help."
Juniper

"art nouveau winged fairy" by e³°°° is licensed with CC BY-SA 2.0. To view a copy of this license, visit here

Henry Walker
Advisor

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
HENRY

He's dressed in warm winter clothing and brings nothing but himself. At least he's used to building and creating, having spent his life on his family's farm and lived in the Grounds as well. There seemed to always be something that needed repairs, needed to be built. Just another day in the life.

Henry arrives shortly after the fae woman, eyeing her with a bit of interest. It's not everyday he runs into one of the fae, so forgive him if he seems to stare just a little too long at the wings on her back. He does make a valiant effort not to, though, and greets the two of them with a friendly smile.

"Yeah, me too," he tacks onto the tail-end of Juniper's greeting, arriving in time to hear what she's said. Addressing her more directly, since Oliver already knows him, he says, "Name's Henry. I'm from the Grounds."

"Let's get started, shall we?" He glances towards Oliver, awaiting his direction.
wherever you run, you see all you leave behind you
lies inside anyone you open
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
The first to arrive is a Fae and Oliver’s shoulders visibly relax. Oh thank goodness. It means that he’s doing something right- one has come to help him and hopefully it meant that he would be able to help them. Or better yet, he’d be able to get closer with them and earn a stronger bond. It’d be lovely, absolutely.

”It’s so wonderful to meet you, Juniper. I’m Oliver.” As he speaks, he reaches forward and gives her hand a good shake. His eyes then shift over towards Henry and he offers the man a friendly nod. It’s absolutely amazing to see him- but he can’t show that excitement too soon.

Stepping back Oliver then brings his hands together. ”Lets get started, shall we? I’ll need one of you to help me with the forge. The other needs to paint and put up shelves. It shouldn’t take too long since this building is in beautiful condition, just needs some touch ups and I’d like a bright color for the door frame. Something eye catching.” Really, all that would be needed to be done is the shelves.

Hello! Someone gets to build a forge with Oliver and the other can paint and build the shelves!! Go in any order.
OLIVER
Juniper Dubois
the Amberwing
Diplomat

Age: 57 | Height: 4'8 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:

Juniper was happy to shake Oliver's hand and smile at Henry -- whose stare she noticed, but politely didn't mention. It didn't surprise her that an outsider might find her wings fascinating, and she felt amused -- even flattered -- rather than offended. As for her own part: always good to meet new people, to build relationships -- though it did occur to her how different this attitude was from the Juniper of a year ago, who had avoided others when possible, expecting them to reject her. Her new role had been good for her.

"We'll get you set up," Juniper added, to Oliver. She considered the available tasks. "I'll take painting and shelves, unless anyone objects, and leave the forge to you two."

Leaving the heavy lifting to the men? Well, they were bigger and looked stronger than she was, while she hoped her wings would help her reach places like the top of the door frame and the upper shelves.

Now, what color ... She should probably run that by Oliver, since this was to be his workplace. "How does orange sound? For a forge's flames."

Juniper will paint and put up shelves! She'll start with painting the door frame, and suggests orange as the color, though she'll listen to Oliver on that.
Juniper

"art nouveau winged fairy" by e³°°° is licensed with CC BY-SA 2.0. To view a copy of this license, visit here

Henry Walker
Advisor

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
HENRY

Henry smirks in amusement as Oliver echoes his own sentiment, tilting his head as he awaits the smith's plans for his forge. He's plenty eager to help Oliver with putting together the forge, but he won't presume what skills Juniper has to offer and therefore gives her the floor to pick which task she thinks will best suit her, even giving her a small gesture with his hand to suggest this.

"No objections here," he offers with a smile at her decision, happy to oblige her. To Oliver, his smile widens humorously and he says, "Guess you're stuck with me."

He'll immediately set to whatever work Oliver would want to divvy up between them. He has no qualms if he gets pinned with the more difficult pieces, seeing how he's got pretty good luck when it comes to this sort of thing. However, he has no doubt about Oliver's capabilities and is just kind of happy to help in general!

At Juniper's suggestion of orange, Henry glances up to see Oliver's reaction.

Henry will help Oliver with the forge and is quite happy to be here~
Blacksmith

Change author:
There's a satisfactory smile with everything running so smoothly. "Painting will be great, thank you Juniper." And of course, that left Henry to help him out with the forge. The fae could've shoved the task off to the other man based on strength or something but honestly, Oliver saw it as a good thing. She could fly and make sure no spot was left unpainted. It would work out nicely.

Moving over to where the forge would go, Oliver offered Henry a shrug. "I guess I am. What a shame." Before throwing in a wink and sitting on down. "We need to lay down a base and surround it with a base wall."

As he spoke, Oliver pointed out the different types of stones and the paste to use. And with that, he started work, laying down the flat tiles that would be used for the fire. On the ground, there was a square pre-marked out for the stones, seeing as Oliver was probably a little too prepared.

His attention is briefly turned away and he raises an eyebrow. "Orange sounds..." he thinks for a moment before grinning "wonderful. It'll be fantastic."

Go ahead and do your tasks!
Sorry for the delay my mates!
OLIVER
Juniper Dubois
the Amberwing
Diplomat

Change author:

Juniper smiled, glad that Oliver approved of both her choice of task and choice of color. "I'll get to work then."

Picking out a bright orange paint, she started from the top: the paint might drip, she figured, but she could smooth it out as she came down. She fluttered her wings to hover, bent-over, in the air so that she could get to the top of the wall. A touch of her illusion magic helped as well, creating a small light that hovered near her head so that she could see what she was doing and not miss any spots. It probably wasn't that crucial -- Juniper couldn't imagine that many people were going to be looking at the top of the door frame. But still, she liked to get it done right.

Juniper starts painting the door frame orange, using her flight to help her get into position and her base illusion magic to create a light so she can see better!
Juniper

Henry Walker
Advisor

Change author:
HENRY

"Ah, c'mon, I ain't that bad," Henry smiles playfully, bumping his shoulder against Oliver's.

With plans laid out and orange the decidedly best color and Oliver starting on tiles, Henry lets his mind draw away from his companions to better focus on his own task. He reaches for the paste and a tool to spread it, getting straight to work on setting up the stones in their predetermined area. It's good prep work Oliver has laid out, so where Henry needs to lay out the stones seems pretty intuitive.

He hopes to make good time. "You know, the key to working well is finding a rhythm.." he makes a point of presenting the paste, "and sticking with it!" He grins.

Henry works on placing the stones and makes a terrible joke!
Blacksmith

Change author:
The three begin on their own tasks and things seem to be going well! At least, so far.

Juniper is doing a great job of painting the frame. Yeah, the task isn't extremely difficult, but she's doing her best! Things go a little awry when the paint is a tad messier than she expected, unfortunately dripping onto her hands. Thankfully, her outfit is spared, but it will not be fun to deal with for now. Otherwise, she is doing a great job of painting the frame!

Meanwhile, Oliver and Henry are dealing with their own task together. The joke is thrown his way and it takes Oliver a moment. A quirk of a smile and a playful eyeroll before he slowly grins. "I could easy stick this to you, I'm sure that'd help." He gestures to the tool in his hand before continuing on with laying down the slabs. Soon enough the two will be done. "Once this is done, go ahead and start building up the walls."

Aside from a minor mishap, everything is running smoothly! Great work team!
Go ahead and finish painting, Juniper.
Oliver and Henry can begin working on building up the walls.
No posting order
OLIVER
Juniper Dubois
the Amberwing
Diplomat

Change author:

Juniper looked at the paint on her hands with good humor; she'd made sure to wear an outfit she didn't mind getting a bit dirty, expecting the work to potentially get messy. So paint on her hands wasn't really an issue -- she'd just have to make sure to wipe it off before she started on another task, to avoid getting it everywhere.

But she didn't mind getting some on the handle of her paintbrush, so she picked it up and continued methodically working her way down the door frame. Barring any further issues, she expected to finish up and have a nice, orange frame.

Juniper continues painting!
Juniper

Henry Walker
Advisor

Change author:
HENRY

Henry's lips quirk into a brighter smile and he laughs lightly. He doesn't make much of a comment at first. He lets the jokes fade a little as they finish up the foundation of the forge, trading lighthearted fun for a more earnest approach to the work. It goes smoothly, for now, it would seem, so he's still in good spirits by the time Oliver is ready to work on the walls.

Henry nods and waits for Oliver's attentions to really take up with the task, before he takes a bit of paste onto his finger and smushes it onto the other man's face.

He'll pull away sharply and whistle quite innocently, pretending that he's concentrating on his own side, that he hadn't the audacity to do that. Couldn't have been him. He raises a brow and peers over, though, "Oh, looks like you got some stuck to you, huh?" He tsk's.

Henry works with Oliver on the walls. And pretends not to be a little shit.
Blacksmith

Change author:
Oliver is busily working on the walls, making sure to take his time to place each stone. It has to be perfect, after all! Thankfully for him, it's when he is grabbing for a new stone that Henry makes his attack. With a press of a finger, Oliver is pasted! Scrunching up his nose, he looks over at Henry.

"Why would you do something so mean." As he speaks, there's a quite clear smile on his face and a light in his eyes, incapable of really showing any anger seeing as, ya know, he wasn't angry in the slightest. "It's a real shame too, I mean, you just ruined my beautiful face!" Oliver then used his telekinesis to grab a rag from the other side of the room so he could clean off his face.

"You and I can good off later, but for now we need to work."

Painting is complete for Juniper! Feel free to put up some shelves!
Oliver and Henry continue to build up that Forge!

Only like. One more round and we will be done folks! No posting order
OLIVER
Juniper Dubois
the Amberwing
Diplomat

Change author:

Juniper got to work on the shelves, not paying too much attention to the men's goofing around -- she could easily tell that they were just having fun, so felt no need to interfere. If she'd known them better, she might have tried to get in on the joke herself, but instead she just focused on her task.

She put the shelves a bit higher than she would have if building for a Fae, since Oliver was notably taller than the typical Fae, though she realized he wasn't particularly tall for an outsider. And she had to keep in mind that he didn't have wings to use if something was on a shelf too high for him. Her own wings let her reach higher than she otherwise would have, as they had with the door, and helped her get good angles for her work.

Juniper works on the shelves!
Juniper