(SE) I got caught up by the chase
Melita <3
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
SUNJATA
the flood
so put your faith in the devil and the deep blue sea
put your trust in the light that you cannot see
Admittedly, it takes him a while to get everything figured out, to come to terms what had happened, to stop constantly reaching for his throat. He’s finished the note, one that requests Melita meet him at home, and he’s managed to clean himself up in the hopes it might even out his mind. It doesn’t, but he sends Haai out into the dark, instructions on being Melita’s additional protection for her arrival.

And he waits, a notebook in hand, with all the notes and events that happened, all the things he has on Kane that has occurred here, everything he’s kept secret from everyone to try and handle it himself. He can’t, however, and he knows this now. It’s evident in the darkness of his eyes, in the light that seems to no longer remain.

And he waits, with his head in his hands, for his niece and a conversation they should have had long ago.
there's a darkness up ahead
i will see you where the shadow ends
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 57 - Dext: 58 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 57 - Int: 1
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
but there's chaos brewing
underneath my skin
Endless nights and crackling bonfires and wild parties had her wandering, out into the depths of crystal clear waters, beneath the flicker and flare of flames, or along the coast’s winds, billowing in and out of the breeze as she pleased. It was all a waiting game now, and her restless limbs carried her across clifftops and beneath jungle boughs, occupying her mind, her body, her spirit, until she returned home, to the docks, or to somewhere in between. Her eyes caught glimpses of the world, and lingered on the voids – snatching upon lights on in the house, knowing Hotaru was returned, there too – all of them seemingly hovering on edges until Nate fought his way through LongNight.

Given her predilections, she would’ve stayed out the entire evening until it felt like morning, the parade of stars her guide, the minstrel lairs and lures of music down along the sands all-encompassing and laughter-inducing. But as with all things here, momentary peace was just that; fleeting and ephemeral.

And she knew, the little honeybee had always known, that the depths of repose were bittersweet, enough to keep one longing for it again, enough for the world to realize its glance, its prowess, was swift and keen. A flutter of wings broke her out of her daze from across the shore, staring into the water, toes dipped back into sand, and Fangorn’s rumbles signaled of Haai’s arrival – the griffin perched along her shoulder, distressed. The note in-between teeth, a rustle of paper in his fingers, and the drawn sigh meant the delusion was over.

Staff in hand, bow on her shoulder, huntress on the prowl for gods knew what, the youth hastened back to the house. What should’ve been a fortress, some means of safety and shelter, clearly hadn’t, if the haste in Sunjata’s script meant anything. So she went in with little hesitation, Fangorn at her heels and Haai fluttering before her, opening to find something shifted, altered, in the air. Sunjata with notes. Sunjata distressed. Sunjata quiet and silent.

“Hey,” she murmured, not quite so loud as to startle him, merely to announce her presence before she closed the aperture. It clicked shut behind her, and the companions scurried. Her gaze shifted, and her jaw clenched, and something pooled within her soul – apprehension, most likely – as she went to sit at the table, staff still in her hand, resting its edge on the floor. “What happened?”
trying to hold in the storm
instead of making waves
MELITA
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
He waits, and when Haai barrels through, wings tucked in tight, a whine announcing her presence as Melita and Fangorn arrive after. He withdraws the hands from his face, reaches down to appear busy with the worn notebook kept with him, before his tired gaze lifts to meet her. “We need to talk.” His voice is flat and devoid of feeling, as if he’s clamping down on all of the emotions that have barraged him.

At least she takes a seat, and he sighs, pulling the notebook toward him to open it up. “There is… a problem and I should have told you before but there’s… there’s still little information and it’s going to make me sound like I’ve lost my mind.” It’s a swift and quick warning, as if he wants to say it before he thinks better of it and keeps it secret again.

His gaze lifts, shadowed and dark and pained as they meet Melita’s face, his throat bobbing as he swallows hard. “My father is here.
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
underneath my skin
She nearly snorted at his first statement (because hadn’t she strived to encourage that a multitude of times before?). By the tone, the flattened affect, Melita half-presumed she was about to be shut out again, the walls and gates drawn up. She steeled herself, tried to put a damper on the fire already brewing inside her chest, on the jaw that wanted to clench tightly, on the growl that yearned to unfurl.

And then there was the notebook, opened, piles and scribes and notes. The warning caused a brief narrowing of her eyes – a head tilt, the expectations flickering and flaring in multitudes of directions. “Go on then.”

She caught the tail-end of the meaning though, and a mulish expression crossed over her features, eyes dashing towards her staff. The youth knew the stories of his father. How he’d arrived here, some other Outlander making, didn’t really matter. What he was doing, how or why or when or where, were in the details and the nuances, and the deepening sense of dread pooled around, on a sharper, precise inhale.
instead of making waves
MELITA
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
And so, he goes on, barraging forward from the  statement made, hoping that he can clear it up – hoping that she believes him. His gaze drops from her face to the notebook, flipping through the pages until he lands on the first few notes made. A notebook kept hidden from everyone, typically on his person or in a safe space. “I thought it was just… Leafchange hallucinations but they continued. I tried to get medicine for it but it ended up being some hallucinogenic.” Long story short, it made things worse.

His tone remains flat, however, hurt and pained internally even if he tries to hide it, tries to ingrain some of those Korofi teachings into his breathing, into getting his mind and face schooled into something neutral. “So it got worse. But he’s here. Different… His face looks different every time I see him but his voice is the same. I found him in the wilds. He…” His dragon wings flare out of his back, the broken one drooped as if he can’t find the will in him to lift it up. “Broke my wing. He’s the one that left the… Body in the Slagveld.” Muscles feather in his jaw. “No one has been able to find him off the description I’ve given.” Not before, not the Ark crew Jack had offered. “He shows up when opportune.” He breathes, a shuddering sigh.

He attacked Vai, Melita. Left her on the doorstep. I- Everyone thinks I did it because I sound like him.” This is quiet, reserved, as if he spoke any louder his voice might snap and break, and his face is pale as he looks down to the notebook, the worn pages, his korofi written out within.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
underneath my skin
And so began a series of cycles, pages flipped, explanations honed, the bizarre interplay of ridiculous antics on top of others. Hallucinogens, accompanied by a shitty father, made her scowl increase, her teeth snap shut tightly against one another. Features and faces different, appealing to nothing, and likely no evidence left behind. If the man was as clever as Sunjata figured, then there were other probabilities to consider.

The notation about Vai made her eyes widen, then sharpen, an instant concern and then anger. “Is she okay?” The ire wasn’t for him though, not this time; but for the stupidity of those who’d claimed to be his friends. “You would never attack Vai. They should’ve known better than that.”

She leaned back against the chair, hands drumming against her staff, contemplating. Not one to act with rational airs a majority of the time, the process was more painstaking, labored, curling and coiling in on itself. “What do you want to do? Do we hunt him down? Do we flush him out?”
instead of making waves
MELITA
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
She’s hurt. Badly. I tried to help but Zeph showed up, threw me away from her and punched me in the face.” He recants, voice drawn, letting her voice wash over him, of his friends, provided he even had that. The laugh that leaves him is hollow, painful, and he shakes his head to her. “Yes, well, they don’t. Or didn’t.” He doesn’t know how to respond to her words yet, chewing on the inside of his cheek.

Remi and Ronin came by.” He says slowly, as if the idea of it stills him and marks him with some deep-set horror. He tries to swallow it down. “Remi found out I didn’t do it. Not until after he… Killed me. It was a dream, but, it felt so real. I woke up with only Ronin there.” He manages, shaking his head as if he’s trying to push out the fear that wishes to creep back in. “I don’t know what we can do right now. I told Ronin about him but… You’re the first. I’ll tell Hotaru. I’ll tell Nate when he comes home.” Because he will, because he has to, because if he doesn’t…

Nothing would stop Sunjata from approaching Shaju with open arms.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
underneath my skin
It’s shit like this on a seasonal basis that makes Melita shake her head. The constant deluge and bombardment of trauma and drama ground down on one’s system, and she was exhausted just thinking about it, let alone living it. Friends tearing one another apart, on a series of lies and ridiculous circumstances, on trust once long-instilled and flayed, broken, wounded in a matter of impulsive moments hit a little too close to home. Her eyes gazed down at the notebook, uncertain what to do. What to say.

There were a lot of wrongs here. Rights were far less feasible to find.

The youth blinked rapidly, struggling, striving, to understand the complexities and events; killed but not, dreaming but everything tangible all at once. What Sunjata would do with his companions (and she was so shocked at the matter of Remi that those instances were disheartening – recollections of gentler times coming to the forefront) was up to him – though Melita had a few poor suggestions floating in the back of her mind. “I’m sorry that happened to you.” Because she was. She couldn’t fix it, wouldn’t, didn’t, know how; perhaps that could only be between everyone else. The embroilment, the brewing cauldron of stupefying depths, the fathoms only growing deeper.

Her eyes raised back up to his again, her fists clenched tightly over the staff, breath drawn in and out again, quickly, then slowly, as if she were trying to remember what it was like to simply ease about the world. “What did he look like last time you saw him? Any physical description? Characteristics we can go off of?”
instead of making waves
MELITA
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
There’s a moment where he shudders under her gaze, unable to look, unable to read the thoughts he knows lingers there – the very same he’d sobbed to about Ronin before. But he’d composed himself in the hours after, had called her here, and even as he sits there and feels like a shell of a person before her, she’s still his family. Still close. Still in so much danger that it makes him sick to think about.

He doesn’t expect her to say that she’s sorry that it happened to him. It’s evident in the way his jaw muscles feather, in the way he blinks and swallows hard, sucking in a sharp breath as his fingers run along the worn surface of the notebook. “Me too.” He admits quietly, unconsciously grinding his teeth together if only to do something.

She looks at him and he manages to break his gaze too, a hand reaching out to reach for hers – for calloused fingers to rest atop hers for a connection that he’d gone so long without having. “He changes every time I see him. Forgettable.” He says quietly, looking her dead in the eye as he sucks in a sharp breath and grimaces. “He came to the reception. He goes by Kane.” He half whispers, half gnaws on the inside of his cheek. “Do you… Remember him?” Perhaps compare how he had looked to the both of them.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
underneath my skin
There was half a moment where she stared at his hand, thought about not taking it. There’d been other instances, long, long before, where she wouldn’t have hesitated at all – leapt and bound and strived to be within the glow of family, because she’d had it taken away from her time and time again, and it had been a new opportunity. Another chance. Then they seemed to chip off and away, stray from clear, concise pathways, veer off into other directions, and now she remained, wary and uncertain, from all the other occurrences. A part of her still needed the contact just as badly too – but her eyes lowered, dropped to the surface of the table, as one hand unwrapped itself from her staff and slipped into his.

She could remember the slightest of commotions, a ripple effect in the crowd, from the reception. She hadn’t recognized the man standing beside Zeph, hadn’t realized all the hubbub, all the dramatics, all the theatrics playing across the scene. “I do.” A firm nod. Her memories went back to the time she’d found Sunjata covered in blood; that other trace and foundation of a man not a shape shifter, not an Attuned, but something else altogether. “How does he alter himself?”
instead of making waves
MELITA
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
Her hand eventually slips into his and he tries to pretend that his fingers aren’t trembling, lingering effects of the tormenting nightmare that Remi had put him through. But he asks her, asks for her input, wondering if she recalled the man that had thrown a wrench into everything, the one that was making his life worse and worse on par for the course of what would have happened in Korofi, he assumes. He chews on the inside of his cheek as he shakes his head to her follow up question.

I don’t know.” He puffs out a sigh, reaching up with his free hand to tear through dark waves of hair. “It could be magic, maybe.” Or an item or something else, though how Shaju would have gone about attaining it is anyone’s guess. He finds his gaze focused on the scribblings of the notebook, as if they might harbor some answer. They don’t, but it does spark something else to come to mind. “He goes by Kane but his true name is Shaju.” Another tidbit for the honeybee girl to filter away. “It seemed like he and Zeph were… friends? Work friends?” And that’s where more of his concern grows. Zeph is a smuggler, Melita is part of the Ark crew.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
underneath my skin
If his hand trembled, she said nothing about it. There were multitudes of things and reasons for the shaking, the shuddering, and she wouldn’t judge the motions of apprehension, fear, and torment. Why and how he’d managed to get himself immersed into the ridiculous, dramatic, theatrical abyss didn’t really matter now anyways – the trauma was there, inflicted, brimming to the surface while he strived to choke and smother them all down. “You’re with me,” she offered, by way of a quiet whisper. “You don’t have to pretend.” Or bottle it up. Weren’t they trying to move away from that? He could release it here. She was safety and family and security. A shrug maneuvered through her shoulders at the offer, but then moved past it. If he didn’t, then he didn’t, and she’d leave it at that.

There were other matters besides. Possibilities of magic, of items, and the last statement made her shake her head, the confusion evident between the dip of her brows. “I don’t understand that. How long has he been here then? Did he infiltrate the smugglers?” And if so, what about the Ark? She hadn’t heard a word about either Kane or Shaju, but that didn’t mean anything. There were plenty of secrets kept under wraps; it was a basic Torchline presumption. “Have you asked Jack about him?”
instead of making waves
MELITA
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
So used to bottling it up, trauma after trauma, that the bottle had grown quite large before he’d realized it. It has grown and it had broken, sealed up with glue to grow bigger and bigger until its binds broke again. Her quiet words spark a heavy shudder of a breath, not wanting to break, wanting to be this strong pillar that he knows he can be. “I’m sorry.” He whispers to her with honesty in his tone, sorry for bottling it up and keeping her out, for not wanting her to get involved in the tangle of vines that constantly drug everyone down with him. So he tries to loosen that bottle, tries to not withdraw, giving her hand a light squeeze as it shakes a bit more and he tries to focus on the next statement. At least he’s out of tears now, but the evidence lingers in red, puffy eyes.

Must have been here a while to bide his time. Between the visions and the drugs… Could’ve been as early as the start of Leafchange, maybe?” He frowns at the implication. “I haven’t yet. I just… I’m worried to leave the house, honestly. If the rumors are going around and the answer hasn’t spread? We already know how some of Torchline feels.” He takes his free hand and flits through the notebook until a folded up piece of paper falls out — one of those flyers around Torchline that screamed ‘not my Governor’. “Jack has the description of my father but it doesn’t fit, with whatever he has. Jack’s been looking since Leafchange.” He gnaws on his lower lip for a brief moment before he shakes his head.

Having the name Kane, though, that might spark something.” He wonders if it would be a good idea to go now, to leave the house to try and scout out information with her or whether it would be a terrible idea to leave the house at all.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
underneath my skin
Melita didn’t want his apologies. Regrets and rue implied some semblance of change; and despite all of their misgivings and trials, he’d yet to do so, at least with her. And it was a time now where the unraveling likely wasn’t appropriate, so she didn’t push any further. Maybe later, when this was all over, before some other storm hit the world and ricocheted along. Maybe never, because these seemed to be cyclical events, and half the time she couldn’t understand how he survived them. Her jaw clenched, almost mulishly, before her eyes went back to notes, to thoughts, to the fragments and fractures of what little information they had.

Nuances and notions, like leaves in the wind, scattered amongst branches, brambles, nettles, and thorns. Jack looking, but not finding a man who didn’t want to be noticed – easy enough to do in Torchline. Uprising and upheavals starting in the flyer campaign. “Could he have made these?” Her finger pointed to the posters, uncertain of the lines and lies of propaganda. Or if they were mere coincidences (though she doubted it).

And then a sigh, head shaking as they meandered back and forth. “I don’t think you should leave. It’ll only implicate you further if something else happens.” Hunker down, bide his time, wait for Nate to return – the days inching closer towards the end of LongNight.
instead of making waves
MELITA