2/3 ain't bad?
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Age: 28 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
EDREI

Edy isn't hurt, she's just..not at full health. It's a really fucked up thing to feel in all actuality. Her batteries are just literally low. Being a Launceleyn didn't prepare her for this (though would could have, really). Back at the compound you pushed through being tired and waved at exhaustion. You kept going until you couldn't anymore. Only this wasn't something she could fight. This was her body saying there was no more scratch disk space available for the operations she wanted to run, sorry about it, and had she considered powering down and restarting.

tldr FUCK

So they make it to the safehouse. They, being just Peter and herself. "WherethefuckisNeron?" Edy demands as soon as the door is latched behind them. There had been monsters salivating (or whatever) on their heels the entire way. Neron had been with them. He had.
"Go fuck yourself."
"Fuck me yourself, you coward."
Peter Pikely

Age: 33 | Height: 5’3” | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 87
PETER

It’s not that he’s out of breath. Not that he’s even really that hurt, all things considered, though the shockwave of ice had done an absolute number on his senses, Peter entirely focused on escape, on the shape of Edy in front of him, and on Neron behind him.

Or so he’d thought.

”I-I-I d-don’t... he was there, he wa-was right there.” The tremble that can’t shake its way out through his limbs overtakes his voice instead, quiet and guilty as he looks behind himself as of somehow the head of the Launceleyn’s will just be right there.
when i look at you all I can see
Are the mistakes were going to make
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Age: 28 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
EDREI

But Peter is the older of the two of them. He should know. Nevermind he didn't have the conventional Launceleyn upbringing. Nevermind he isn't actually a Launceleyn anymore, having died a Pikely. Edy isn't a leader, no matter how loud and boisterous she can be. She's a follower, a right-hand at most. And right now, she's completely fucking lost and looking to Peter.

"FuckfuckfuckFUCK." Edy mumbles to herself, pacing around the small room. 'So..he's gotta be on his way, right? Just...stopped for...' But she can't even think of anything funny to say; having died again apparently sapped her wit.

Biting hard at the inside of her lip, Edy does what's probably the most Edy thing to do in this situation (not that Peter would know): she holds out her arms abruptly, in the universal signal for hug. "Hug me right the fuck now or I'm going to lose my shit and tear these walls down."
"Go fuck yourself."
Peter Pikely

Age: 33 | Height: 5’3” | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
PETER

It’s almost funny, might be funny years in the future, but just as Edy looks to him for guidance, he’s settled his gaze on her, so used to following that he has no idea what to do without a leader. No idea how to be a leader.

”I... y-yes. He won’t... w-wouldn’t stay?” His mind very helpfully supplies a whole list of things that could have waylaid the missing patriarch, not a single one of them comforting. ”And... We-Wes-Wes...” Gods he can’t even finish the name, some part of him remembering how to shiver at the very thought of the Demi-god.

Peter is not a touchy person, and Edy scares him at the very best of times. This is different though, never mind that the words sound enough like an order to override his discomfort anyway - he needs it, maybe as much as she does.  Without a breath of hesitation, Peter wraps his arms around the younger, taller Launceleyn and squeezes for all he’s worth. Is it to stop from shaking? Is it to offer comfort?
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
EDREI

'He would though. He fucking would, if she asked, or...' But Edy stops that thought in the back of her throat, choking on it like a hairball and refusing to let it come up. She'll suffocate first, were such a thing even possible. Neron can't be dead. He can't.

"Wessex gave me a fucking crossbow that lit my ass on fire." Edy supplies and had she any sort of ears other than the ones she did, they'd be pinned against her skull. Whether she's actually mad at the queen or just in a state of general chaos and disarray hardly matters. Though Edy's pulse might be non-existent and otherwise perfectly regulated, she remembers what it is to feel the blood pound in her ears. That the world is silent is somehow worse than the deafening roar of her own emotions.

Clinging to Peter like some almost-full-sized teddy bear, it's probably for the best that Edy has no real breasts to speak of, lest her not-quite-familial-counterpart be smooshed by them. Rather than softening into the embrace, Edy's hands frantically wander across his back, his shoulders, plunging into his hair as if there might be something on his body she's desperately searching for.

"I don't feel anything." She whispers against him, her body perfectly still, not shivering and shaking as it should be in the wake of something like they've just experienced. But the pair of them are now perfect BrIGhT OneS and Edy feels nothing.

Hysteria rises in the back of her throat where she'd just swallowed down thoughts of Neron's death. "Bite me." She says suddenly, thrusting her wrist toward Peter. "Or I'll bite you." Her words are shaky, demanding, vulnerable and sprinkled with violence. "I just need to feel something that isn't fucking fear."
"Go fuck yourself."
Peter Pikely

Change author:
PETER

”Sh-she wouldn’t.The word scrapes out of Pet like it hurts him, like he desperately needs to believe it, because he does. There has to be someone who knows what they’re doing, who’s willing to keep their best interests in mind, even when they can’t. All his previous experience has to be wrong, because how else is he meant to function if it isn’t?

Though... there is the argument of the crossbow. There is the fact that she hadn’t even said a word to him, beyond the snap of orders, the instruction to run after they’d almost died again. If anything could shake his faith in an authority, it’s this.

He’s too still, except where Edy pushes and pulls him, hands roaming here and there in a way that he’s only distantly aware of. It brings with it the same kind of panicked hysteria, spurred on by how obvious the others distress is. None of this is anything close to what he’s dealt with before, it can’t be neatly hidden away, can’t be ignored.

”Wh-what?” It’s not even close to the most dignified response he could offer, surprise somehow managing to bubble up for a split second. It’s tempting, an instant gratification, but... ”No, I-I... You.” A hand comes up to pull away the layers from his own wrist, offering it out. ”B-Bite.”
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
EDREI

Edy isn't looking for dignified. She isn't even looking for coherent at this point. All she wants is to feel something that isn't abject terror. Something that hides the fact she might be alone in this world now.

The Rapacious doesn't care who bites who. The feeling will be the same. She has no idea that the effect is heightened when it's between two ascended, but honestly? The sexual thrill of it is secondary (which for Edy, is saying a lot). She just wants to be taken away from everything, if only for a moment. So as Peter offers his wrist, Edy attacks it like a starved dog being offered a chicken wing. Her teeth tear open his skin rather than puncturing it gently. She's never bitten anyone before but in her current state, she's much more driven by greed and need than she is forethought for Peter's wellbeing. Which, given how worried she is about losing her family is a bit ironic.

His blood ignites in her veins, like gas catching a match. It floods through her, burying her under a world of sexual overload. Moaning loudly (when has Edy ever been subtle or quiet) around the wound she's created, her free hand tries to tangle around Peter's neck to draw him ever nearer.
"Go fuck yourself."
Peter Pikely

Change author:
PETER

Peter, at least, knows enough to brace himself, to try and stand steady in the face of what’s going to happen when he’s bitten. Of course, terror makes a really shitty base, and the ferocity that Edy bites him with just crumbles him down that much more, a surprised moan catching in his throat.

Fingers open and close, trying to grasp at something, anything, and finding that closeness in the way he’s pulled closer. His free arm, the one that isn’t being worried at like a dogs chew toy, wraps around Edy again, fingers twisting in her clothes as he presses his face into her chest and tries to muffle himself.
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
EDREI

Were they still all human, this is where it would dissolve into a quick and furious fuck montage. Peter wasn't straight and neither of them were each other's types, but groping and grasping about as they were, especially with Edy's unwillingness to let go, that's where it would have been headed. But they aren't entirely human. The Rapacious' penis is flaccid between her legs, and no amount of twining her fingers around Peter is doing it for her in the way it should.

Only the flow of fluid from his wrist has any effect, and gods if that doesn't just fuck her right off. Before this, Edy was nothing if not an impulse-driven creature. She adored being touched, fueled the emotional fires that almost always burned inside of her, and reacted simply based on instinct.

But now all of that was gone, and her last true remaining family member was probably gone too.

"mo..r..e..." She mumbles around Peter's wrist. The arm around his waist snakes up to his neck as she bends now, trying to force his mouth against her neck.
"Go fuck yourself."
Peter Pikely

Change author:
PETER

It’s not enough. Even with their pleasure doubled, even with grasping arms around and fangs in his wrist it’s not enough. It’s a distraction, and Pet knows that’s what it is, knows that as soon as they break apart from each other it will all rear up again. Maybe that’s why he shifts easily when he’s pulled, his face suddenly in Edy’s neck instead of her chest.

Whatever protest there might have been before is gone, along with the moment of thought that had stopped him from biting her initially. Anything is preferable to the terror that had rolled off both of them in waves, anything to stifle it and shove it down deeper.

Peter bites, desperate and tearing, and moans around the flood of pleasure that sparks in his head, in his chest, that sends him pressing harder against the Rapacious, as if that extra closeness will bring with it more. His hand clenches against her back again, tangling in her hair in a needy bid to pull himself even closer.
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
EDREI

It's natural to want to be close despite it not doing a godsdamn thing now. Their mouths create a perfect loop of fluid, though whether that's enough to keep either of them from passing out, Edy has no fucking idea. Nor does she care. She'll go down under this wave of sexual reverie if that's what it takes.

"Fuck I wish I could fuck you." Edy murmurs, though no sooner do her lips leave Pet's wrist than the feeling immediately begins to fade. She might wish she could fuck him, to complete their circuit in yet another way, but only when her mouth is on him. So, uncharacteristically, Edy just shuts the fuck up. But that doesn't mean she can't communicate in other ways.

Fingers curling in Pet's hair as she continues to hold his mouth against her neck, the Rapacious lets her legs bend that she might drag her counterpart into her lap. She's the taller of the two after all, so it makes sense. Gods how she wishes that there was something for Peter to sit on other than her unimpressive bulge and bony legs, but whatever.

Beggers can be biters, but not choosers.
"Go fuck yourself."
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Age: 29 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 23 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
liars and lovers combine tonight, we're gonna make a scene
Gods fucking damn it if that wasn't a shit show and a half. Neron does not enter the safehouse in any approximation of the word elegant, and he all but crashes down the trapdoor into where Edy and Pet are cavorting in a display that would have made him snort if he had the energy for it. Hells, he'd barely had the energy to pull the cube back over the trapdoor, not that it would make much of a difference given how close the monsters are to being Ascended in the first place.

So, half frozen and looking the equivalent of someone with 11.5HP (you decide), Neron rolls his eyes at the two of them. Hard. "I'm not even dead," he croaks. "Can you save the grief fucking for later, please? Gods, I can't even get drunk but I have never wanted a drink more."
Neron
Peter Pikely

Change author:
PETER

There is comfort, in the closeness. It’s a battle cry,  a fierce refusal to die, despite the odds, despite the frozen blast that had overtaken them. But at the same time, there’s nothing, no feeling, no sensation, there’s barely even recognition for the cold. Pet pulls away from Edy slowly, and then all at once, as a slam sounds from the door, and he wonders if maybe they’ll have to escape death again. If maybe they won’t be so lucky this time.

Whatever Pet had expected, it isn’t this. It also isn’t Neron crashing through the door, looking like frost bitten hell. If he were still capable of blushing, he would be very red, from the tips of his ears to his toes. As he is now though, Peter simply freezes, like a deer in the headlights, some part of him still left behind on that frozen killing field, while the rest of him is sat in this little box, on Edy’s lap.

It takes a moment of staring before Peter is on his feet, unsteady and uncertain feeling, but still stepping to offer what sturdiness he can to Neron, ”Wh-Wh-What...” He tries to begin, clenching his jaw so tightly it creaks and starting over, slowly. ”What... happened?”
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
EDREI

Edy doesn't blush—she can't anymore, but also, she wouldn't even if she could. Edy is unapologetically Edy for better or worse. Normally it's for worse, but that's just how some people are. Its what gets them killed, brought back from the dead, killed, and brought back again to find themselves clinging desperately to someone they don't know, in the hopes it'll ground them in something that's not pure fucking loneliness.

But oh hey look, it's Neron.

His voice sparks the thin inside of her that she'd been desperately seeking from Peter's veins. Releasing the man in her lap, the look Edy offers the returned-Hailstorm is one of unfettered relief and mischievous love. Sure her relationship with Neron is complicated, but right now, the only thing Edy knows and feels is blinding joy.

Shoving Peter off of her lap (sorry bud), Edy squeals for all she's worth, uncaring about the monsters outside. "YOU FUCKINGSONOFABITCHHOWCOULDYOU." Leaping into his arms, her long limbs wrapping around him like some gangly spider monkey, she presses kisses and bites and scratches down the side of his neck and back. Clinging to him like some wayward puppy left to rot in a trunk and now overjoyed to see light again, Edy beams a smile that's smeared with fluid.

"What the FUCK." She reiterates, lovingly punching his shoulder.
"Go fuck yourself."