What makes a home?
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 3345

"If I can't move the heavens above, I will move Hell"

Sah walked through the palace grounds, swiftly making his way to his destination. As the council hall came into view, his tense muscles relaxed slightly. as he took in the welcoming feeling of the building. Taking one last deep breath at the door he made his way inside. Still unused to asking for personal favors, he had to settle his nerves a bit. He quickly made his way through the building till he came to a door he had been pointed to by a helpful passerby.

Sah gave a knock on the door before opening it and stepping into the entryway. Deimos was inside and before he could react Sah blurted out. "What do you put in a human den?" He paused, realizing that he probably needed to give more context. "I have one now. What do I put in it?" Sah added, his voice slightly nervous. He was entirely out of his depth. How was he supposed to know what went into a human den?

sah
There stood the wolf in the winter wind
Full of fearsome might
King of the winter night.
-Tim Vallie

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Online
Change author:
MP: 10254
DEIMOS
the ocean does not apologize for its depth
and the mountains do not seek forgiveness
Deimos likely should’ve been grateful for the paperwork keeping him busy. It spirited his notions and semblances away from LongNight, from the press of what might be occurring, from the spiraling torment of years of when they’d faced the torturous expanse over and over and over again –

But it just fed into his frustration.

Alone in the office, he stared down at the missives he’d been organizing, setting aside piles for Morgan to peruse over when she returned, and then the less intricate or binding ones he could handle without requiring permission or needing a second opinion. A couple notations were made here and there, and while the stack depleted, he still wrinkled his nose at the overall existence. The monolith would much prefer biding his time along the training grounds of the barracks, or strolling along the Citadel expanse. Not signing his name along documents until his eyes started to cross.

And there was nothing to pummel or hit in here.

Contemplating constructing an effigy in the corner just to release the restlessness, a distraction arrived in the form of an abbreviated knock. A slight tension coiled along his shoulders, for he automatically presumed it was either something requiring his attention on a minimal manner (if he had to break up one more ridiculous quarrel he was just going to toss both perpetrators over the wall and be done with it), or a larger scale – which could’ve been anything.

Instead it was a familiar face, blurting out a question he didn’t expect. For a moment, the temporary Warden merely glanced up, blinked once or twice, permitting his mind to catch up with the rendering of new calculations, and then persisted. “Sah,” an acknowledgment, then dropping his pen upon the desk, content to be rid of it. A tilt of his head ensured curiosity, especially in the way the inquiry had been raised, the arch of his brow following suit. “It depends on what you think you need.”
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:

Sah shrugged, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly. "I really don't know. I have the basics I think. Food, some hunting stuff, a blanket, something called a closet where I'm keeping clothes..." The canine was glad that Deimos hadn't immediately brushed him off. The Warden was one of the few people that Sah had interacted with multiple times. And of those people, one of the even fewer that the Outlander felt comfortable asking help from.  That didn't make him feel like any less of a burden at times however. It had to be frustrating for others to have to explain basic concepts. Though some seemed to find amusement in his lack of knowledge. An elderly lady at the library seemed to find immense joy in teaching Sah how to read and write. She'd even handed him a stack of books to read covering some basic topics of living as a human. He'd been slowly working his way through them.

Sah sighed before continuing, shaking his head to clear his thoughts. "I thought I had everything I needed honestly. But a neighbor came by to introduce herself, and seemed horrified. She looked like she was going to cry. And now she brings me something called a casserole every day. So I think I'm doing something wrong?"

sah
Full of fearsome might
-Tim Vallie

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
DEIMOS
The Sword hid his amusements, though a wry smile might have risen over the edges of his mouth. No laughter, no chuckles, just basic consideration in the confusion of shifts, of adjustments, made by Sah. Basics in food and shelter had already taken place, and some other individual had obviously already seen to ensuring Sah survived in another manner. While Halo was strong, tough, and formidable, it had its hospitable quirks too – the people managed because of one another. The steel and resolve were factors within all of their backbones, and they only yielded to each other.

So he listened, calculating, picking up the pen once more. Instead of tending to the other business matters though, he hastened towards this line of distraction, grabbing hold of a blank sheet layered and lurking underneath. “Someplace to sleep.” And he drew out a bed, some form of a mattress that likely would be more comfortable than a hardened wood or stone floor. “Perhaps a fireplace?” Thereafter he continued in the measures, sketching out a hearth tucked into or against a wall. There was also bathing to consider, but perhaps that wasn’t something a wolf turned human seemed concerned with for the moment.
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:

Sah had caught onto Deimos' amusement and added him to the list of people that seemed to be enjoying Sah's struggles to adjust. Though he wasn't upset at the notion, more just amused himself. This was what the stoic man found entertaining? Sah blundering through human existence? Oh well.

Sah came closer and watched as Deimos sketched out his ideas. "To sleep? That's what the blanket is for. What more do I need?" He was genuinely confused. His kind had lined their nests with some moss and other soft things and a blanket just seemed to be the human equivalent. Sah couldn't fathom anything more being necessary.  He made a humming noise as he took in the fireplace. "I think I have one of those. It's small and simple but it's been doing the trick in keeping the place warm."

sah
Full of fearsome might
-Tim Vallie

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
To be fair, Deimos found an array of things amusing. Usually there was a mixture of mischief or violence involved; a healthy dose of devilry or schadenfreude to make up the fortitude and difference. But this was neither of those things – just basics that were often overlooked because human lives dictated them as necessities, moments in life precluded and preluded by their experiences. Sah’s adjustments had been seen in the way he hadn’t understood roofs or buildings before – but comprehended the notion of hunting very well. It was all in what everyone encountered along the way. There were a multitude of things the Sword couldn’t quite fathom either – alternating strengths in backgrounds and knowledge.

Not begrudging the notion, just applying a shrug through his shoulders, the beast left the subject to drift away. If Sah found the blanket suitable enough, then there’d be no need. “If you are comfortable with that.” Deimos had slept beneath stars and tents and mountains multiple times throughout war campaigns and skirmishes; but after a while, lacerations, wounds, and injuries took their toll too.

He nodded towards the fireplace, then maneuvered around the potential of a kitchen. “What about a stove?” Perhaps that hadn’t been up the former wolf’s alley – considering the old woman with her casserole – but cooking would have to be something he learned, an acquired skill.
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:

"I am. If for some reason that changes, I'll look into getting something else. If anything I'll just add a few more blankets for now. I may as well as indulge myself if I'm renovating." Maybe Sah could gather an entire pile of blankets and make a really soft nest? That's be nice.

Sah tilted his head, his eyebrows furrowing slightly as Deimos continued. "A what? What's a stove?" The word was entirely foreign to the wolf, one he hadn't even heard the humanoids back home speak in passing. Granted, if it was something a home required, it made sense that he hadn't heard them speak of one while they were out in the wilds of Sah's territory.

sah
Full of fearsome might
-Tim Vallie

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
Deimos hid another snort, muffling it in the back of his throat, at the notion of several blankets being indulgent. Sah could have his preferences, and if he was content, comfortable, with the notions, then far be it for the Sword to judge. So he nodded, and followed along with the next train of thought. It was a comfortable, amusing distraction, away from the midst of frustration, or purposefully flying out the nearest window to escape.

He likely should’ve known better than to bring up the nature of a stove, but he hadn’t been certain over what Sah had picked up amongst and amidst the interim of another season spent within human thresholds. At the inquiry, he drew out a rough sketch on the same piece of paper, elongating and detailing the top with several burners, and then shoving the document in Sah’s direction, so that he might take a glance. “A place to cook your food. Unless you choose to utilize the fire?” In that case, he’d likely want a spit or some other form of cooking devices – and he concocted flames within the earlier outline of a hearth – with a pot lined and tucked up over the embers.
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:

Sah had to pause and think, recollecting what he'd seen so far in his time at Caido. "Oh those, things. I didn't realize they were called stoves. I probably should have one of those. I've been living off of what I hunt and those casseroles mostly. It'd be nice to mix it up." Sah was eager to try his hand at cooking. He'd recently been introduced to the concept of spices and he was obsessed. They added so much and he wanted to experiment.

He paused, a thought coming to him. "What is that thing you use to make sweets? The cookies? I need one of those." His voice was clearly eager at the notion of being able to provide himself a steady supply of the dessert. The entire concept of dessert was still new and Sah wasn't sure how he'd gone his entire life without now that he'd been exposed to it.

sah
Full of fearsome might
-Tim Vallie

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
With a name to the object, they could forge ahead. He tilted his head slightly at his drawing. At least Sah would have the advantage of not eating his food raw, which in some circumstances would fail the human body with a host of other maladies.

But then another round of thoughts circulated back to baking – and he suppressed an entire breadth of emotions in a single breath – stoicism, reticence, and pretenses of apathy waged and won over the heavy weight of loss. Some days it was easily overcome, pilfered away by other notions, events, and activities. Some days it still haunted and loomed. Healing wasn't always straightforward. But, if his pen dug harder into the paper, he presumed Sah wouldn’t pay it any mind. “An oven.” And from there, he sketched the outline on the front of the stove. “You can combine them.” A modernized version – and likely someone within Halo, if not himself, could replicate it.
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:

Sah noticed the slight change in Deimos' body language but didn't comment on it. He figured if something was truly troubling the Warden, Sah wouldn't be the one he'd approach for help, and might not appreciate the gesture if he did. Instead he focused on the sketch, watching with interest as the design came together. "An oven? Awesome. I definetly need one of those. So where do we get the supplies? That looks too complicated for you to just magic up." Sah asked, both for the sake of distracting Deimos and also because he was genuinely curious.

"And where can I buy more blankets anyway? That's also a must it seems." Now that he had the idea for a large nest, Sah was eager to begin crafting it. He'd need to acquire a variety of soft blankets and fabrics. It was going to be fantastic.

sah
Full of fearsome might
-Tim Vallie

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
The distraction worked; as his mind was already loosening away from the walls, fortifications, and fortresses carefully stoked and built around his features. Easing more into the quandary, the monolith pondered the inquiries simultaneously. “If I were to create them with magic, it would take time.” And energy – the might of his endurance, which he had in spades, and the coiled restlessness in his form might have found it suitable, something else to concentrate on rather than bickering, feuding Halovians or some other rights invoked on a nearby document. He didn’t consider it terribly complicated – but he also contorted weapons on a daily basis. It was a shrug of his shoulders, but the offer was there just the same. It might be easier to acquire it from kiosks and other ready craftspeople.

“The market would have some.” Sah could barter some range of influence there – perhaps trade in some of his hunted game, work, or other talents. “We may have leftover ursur furs as well.” The Sword’s eyes narrowed briefly, as if pondering, wondering, how many remained in the closet amongst the barracks; if Aisha had pilfered the last of them in her cursed state.
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:

Deimos could actually create something that complex with his magic? Incredible. "Whichever method you wish to go with then. I'm fine attempting to build it by hand. Though... I will need help. I've never actually built something like that." He glanced down at his thumbs briefly. Sah still had to remind himself that they were there sometimes.

He perked up at the mention of gathering more blankets. "Excellent. I'm assuming that I could pay in game? Or labor?" He paused for a moment. "Ursur furs? That might work as well if there's nothing else." The canine was still not completely comfortable with the whole using and wearing the furs and skins of other animals. If he though about it too much he got nauseous. He'd seen skins of his kind before. Not something you easily forget.

sah
Full of fearsome might
-Tim Vallie

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
Another project slated then, indicative and different from the range of others. He’d likely have to study the oven in his own apartments to discern the complexity, parts, and hinges all working, fusing, and combining together. There might be some range of difficulty in that he was no mechanic, but with some effort, trial, and error, their efforts wouldn’t be molten and distorted. “Neither have I,” and he snorted, the ghost of a laugh fumbling through. “We can figure it out.” For that was the Sword at his very core – obstinate, tenacious, and persevering, a stubborn wall of might and diligence. With some violence and vigilance thrown in between.

Deimos glanced up from his work, from the line of sketches already forming below the oven, with portions and adornments he could recall by name and picture in his head. The semblances and notions of currency were in labor, were in game, were in favors, rewards, and so he nodded in indication. “Yes. There is likely plenty of work to be had.” And certainly more individuals eyeing food; no matter how many resources they compiled prior to the season.

As for the ursur furs, he shrugged. “If you cannot find anything, let me know.” And then those could be distributed in either directions.
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I