What makes a home?
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 2935

"If I can't move the heavens above, I will move Hell"

Sah nodded, a small smirk on his face. "Sounds like fun. Hopefully it won't end up too much of a disaster." Sah knew next to nothing about such endeavors, and although he didn't doubt Deimos' capabilities, he was well aware of the possible destruction. A device that used heating elements made incorrectly could certainly start a fire or two. At least there would be snow nearby to put it out and stop it from spreading.

He was relieved that his hunting skills could be of use in providing for himself. He'd traded game in the Market before but he still felt nervous at times. Bartering was a new concept, and the chance of being denied weighed on him at times. He made a note to stop by later after a hunt. Hopefully there'd be a wide selection of blankets for him to choose from.

Sah gave Deimos a nod. "I will. So where do we even start with this project?" He asked curiously.

sah
There stood the wolf in the winter wind
Full of fearsome might
King of the winter night.
-Tim Vallie

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
DEIMOS
the ocean does not apologize for its depth
and the mountains do not seek forgiveness
Deimos half-shrugged, half-smirked, fully aware that Sah’s statement was wholly possible. It wasn’t fending off monsters, it wasn’t hissing towards the Voice’s wake, and it wasn’t embarking on a trial, but it was sure to be its own brand of tribulations. But the Sword’s creation adornments, fire filaments, and everything else notched and loaded in between should suffice, and he likely wouldn’t burn Sah’s residence to the ground.

It had happened before.

As far as starting, the temporary Warden eyed the stack of paperwork, and the list of meetings yet to happen. While the temptation to simply leave, fly out the window, and descend into more entertaining endeavors was right there, poignant and in the front contortions of his mind, duty came first. Even if it was one he’d never wanted. “At your domicile, I would assume.” His sharp stare drew back to Sah, head tilted a fraction. “Where are you located?”
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:

"I was given a house near the city's edge. North of the market. Apparently it had been abandoned a while back and was empty so Noah gave it to me when I first arrived." Sah explained, not sure how else to describe it. There wasn't anything eye-catching about the house except for the resident just yet. The outside blended in with the houses surrounding it.

"Shall I show you? It's not the most stand-out place." Sah figured he'd likely have to if Deimos was ever to find it successfully. Though he did like the added seclusion it gave his home. It made him feel just a tiny bit more secure. Enemies would have a hard time determining which house was his. A paranoid thought, but one that Sah couldn't help.

sah
Full of fearsome might
-Tim Vallie

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
DEIMOS
Abandoned houses, domiciles meant to be filled at some point. Similar to the Hollowed Grounds in some ways, where the Outlanders had simply poured in, taken up shelter in droves and places lingering. He thought briefly of his own, once openly shared, and then not – how he hadn’t been able to set foot in it for a long while with the tattered memories, with the way the earth had taken and swallowed him whole. And he’d left it too – in some ways of forsaken, stranded ramparts. The Sword nodded, indicating his understanding, of Noah extending offerings, of another semblance of a survival system long since established.

The enticement of leaving his work behind was tempting, and he might’ve taken, snagged, and snared at any excuse. But he also regarded any of his roles, even the ones he didn’t particularly enjoy, with seriousness and honor. The beast stifled a sigh at the pile of documents. “Yes. If you come back in a few hours, I could follow along.” His hands gestured to the desk, and didn’t disguise his frown this time.
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:

Sah nodded and with a final goodbye took his leave. A few hours later when the sun was significantly lower in the sky he returned. He'd spent the last few hours wandering the market and familiarizing himself with stalls to visit in the future. Ones that especially caught his interest where those that sold blankets, weaponry, and what appeared to be magical items. He had spotted one merchant selling animals and had been overcome with conflicting emotions of disgust and horror but also curiosity and yearning. The merchant had dogs for sale. Puppies too. Maybe one day Sah could have a pack again. But the idea of buying one still seemed wrong.

Regardless, upon arrival he knocked on Deimos' door before stepping in. "Hey. How did all of the work go? Ready to head out?"

sah
Full of fearsome might
-Tim Vallie

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
By the time Sah had returned, Deimos had contemplated setting fire to the mounds of paperwork. With many, many sighs, he’d started once more, knowing full well that responsibilities and roles came with the honorable conduct, but the mere notion of pretending they didn’t exist as naught more than ash remained tempting. It’d be one way to ensure Morgan wouldn’t ask him to fill in again.

But eventually he succumbed, charcoal and pens gliding over documents, head bowed until restless minutes turned into hours, and had the Abandoned not strolled back in, the Sword would’ve flung himself out the nearest window for escape. His cranium rose as the door swung open, alleviating him from the current duty, and into a new one. “Ready,” confirming with a nod, abruptly springing out of the chair without a second thought. The papers were piled neatly together, for tomorrow’s similar interval, and furs hastened back on. “Lead the way.” Out of the offices, out of the hall, and down towards residences.
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:

Sah nodded and led them swiftly to the small house he'd claimed as his own. The yard was bare of any decorations apart from a large tree. Though that didn't truly count. Unlocking and opening the front door, Sah stepped in and fed the fire, giving Deimos a chance to look around.

The home was almost as scarcely decorated as the yard. In one corner of main room there as a neatly folded blanket. In another, a small collection of hunting supplies and weaponry leaned against the wall. Beside those lay a pyramid of casserole,  jerky containers, and a water skin. A small closet was open revealing the bare minimum of clothing one needed and the third corner held a stack of books. The titles in the stack included but were not limited to The Flora and Fauna of Caido, Magic 101, Human Anatomy and Development, and Adulting for Dummies. There were also a few writing practice books.  But that was it. Besides those items and the fire, there was nothing else in the house whatsoever. Nothing else in any of the other rooms.

"Where does an oven go anyway? A kitchen right? Where do I put that?" Sah asked as he took off his jacket and put it in the closet.

sah
Full of fearsome might
-Tim Vallie

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
The Sword traced after footpaths, winding ways, and routes, streets, he’d passed through on a normal basis. Instinctual and routine to wander these roads, to preside in a guarding manner, to glance upon wakes, to wonder and ponder, gain familiarity until he knew them like the back of his hand, like the swing of a blade, like the clash of steel against bone. It wasn’t a domicile easily recognized or given hard scrutiny; simple, plain, and honest, with its massive tree in front. But Deimos had always appreciated more Spartan inclinations; his décor was laden with memories of people, rather than anything ostentatious either.

Upon entering the residence, the beast committed to the same level of examination as he did when entering anything new or unfamiliar. Quick scans, piercing eyes taking in anything and everything available on a meticulous perusal. Days of the Basin had led him to pondering threats. Days of Halo leant him towards curiosity. The intent was there all the same.

He might’ve snorted at the book titles though – intrigued by the first and muffling a laugh by the last.

At the inquiry, Deimos was pulled out of his inspection and survey, narrowing his eyes briefly. “It depends on where you are comfortable. I have seen many kitchens near the front room of a home.” Where one invited company and guests, tables to crowd in and dine. But that would be Sah’s choice.
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:

Sah nodded at the recommendation. "Sounds good to me." A mischievous grin came to his face. "Are they generally in the front of the house so you can more easily kick out packma... friends, after you feed them?" Sah remembered many nights feasting with his pack after a hunt only to afterwards have to kick the rowdy ones out so that he could sleep. He completely ignored his slip of the tongue however. Human terms were still relatively new after all. A few months versus 20 some years was an indisputable difference.

"The front is relatively clear of stuff already so I think we could probably just start."

sah
Full of fearsome might
-Tim Vallie

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
The Sword’s expression of reticence softened briefly at Sah’s own mischief, instigating a loud chuckle, some wild laughter that echoed and resounded through the home. “Perhaps.” He’d never thought of such an insinuation – mostly because he tried to keep his friends close – but there would’ve been quite a few other individuals he’d invited no further than the initial threshold for the same reasons. “It might be due to heating, but I like your idea better.”

Then he nodded once more, stepping closer into the threshold of the front, eyes searching, scanning, for where the incantations would suffice. A larger, more expansive area, and he neared the shorter wall, hand extending to its ramparts. “Would here work?” The monolith began to roll back his sleeves, conjuring another piece of parchment in his hands, intending to apply a certain design, and implementation before the wares required an appearance. All of that would likely be the easy part. It was the piecing together that would need a sharper skill.
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:

Sah grinned, feeling quite proud of himself for having made the stoic general laugh. He was still chuckling slightly as he observed the location that Deimos had pointed out. It was near the front of the house but still in an easily defendable area. Sah didn't think he'd have trouble with thieves but the tendency to protect what was his remained. At least he knew he most likely wouldn't have to deal with reckless coyotes and such.

"Looks like a good spot." Sah perked up as Deimos brought out paper to work on the design. Tilting his head, he observed the general's actions. He was curious to see what went into designing a kitchen, and frankly the whole concept of designing something intrigued him.

sah
Full of fearsome might
-Tim Vallie

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
With the acceptance, the beast gathered his long locks into back and off his features, beginning to focus on the notions and necessities at hand. Thereafter, he began to draft a series of sketches, tilting his head in quick perusal and study, before scratching them out and then redrawing. “Fair warning,” he added on a rumble and furrowed brows, “I have not done this before.” Which meant there was a high likelihood of failure and mishaps, especially going off of his rudimentary knowledge of how ovens and stoves were made – he’d only ever used them. Deimos' prowess came within weaponry, armaments, or something of elemental natures. This wasn't really any of those things. “But hopefully this will be sufficient.”

On those ominous beacons, he handed the paper over for Sah to inspect and alter if necessary. Best to have that accomplished before starting on what could be disastrous and ridiculous.
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:

Sah raised an eyebrow. "Noted. Just try not to burn my den down. Please?" Having said that, Sah took a few healthy steps back just in case. He quickly glanced at his belongings. "Before you do that. Sah swiftly pushed them all of his things into the furthest corner away from Deimos. "Ok. We're good."

Sah eyed Deimos curiously, hoping to learn more about creation magic as well as wondering how in the world the General planned to make an oven appear. A large part of him considered this entire endeavor an unnecessarily reckless one. But  if that nice neighbor came back he didn't want her to cry again. That had made him feel horrible. At the same time, if he had an oven, would she stop bringing him casseroles? Because that'd be horrible. He loved those things.

sah
Full of fearsome might
-Tim Vallie

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
At this point Deimos thought about mentioning his fire capabilities, and then remembered he’d also burned down a building. So after some consideration, he left that juncture out, and nodded. “I will try,” would have to suffice, with the slightest of a Cheshire grin. But Sah took the warning amicably, and he watched as the rest of his gathered things were moved into a corner far, far away from his presence. Understandable.

“I think I will have to do it in pieces.” In components, rather than the whole thing materializing in front of them. Then they could fit and piece the structure together, and hopefully, in the end, it would run sufficiently. Much like when he’d constructed his catapults. At first, he began with the bigger adornments – the walls of the cast iron, building and brewing and concocting between his hands, until the outline began to coordinate and detail along the floor. The gilded palms smoothly, efficiently, created what had been established on the parchment, and within his head, carefully and meticulously sculpted into the air, until it was rendered tangible against the kitchen wall. Like a skeleton, lacking the structure within, but it was a start. “You could entertain me while I worked,” he mused, the smile still there, though more strained and less apt as he focused. “I could use some more jokes.”
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I