Gone, gone, gone
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259

I can feel the love I want, I can feel the love I need
But it's never gonna come the way I am
Could I change it if I wanted, can I rise above the flood?
Will it wash out in the water, or is it always in the blood?

That Ronin wanted to investigate the Underground—especially after what the alchemist said they've found in its depths—was understandable. That Roana had been invited along as well? If anything it just went to show that all the drama and theatrics back in Northaven about who would take over after Sojourner stepped down really was just that. The two-captains seemed to be able to work together just fine.

Leaning against one of the walls that led to the disseminated entrance into the underground tunnels, the alchemist took a breath and mentally went through the stock of items he'd brought. Given his magic he could create on the fly much of what he needed, but that did not mean he wanted to extend himself unnecessarily. That being said though, he was more or less along to journal whatever it was they might find below, not to fight. Though Remi had gained considerable muscle since arriving in Caido, he was still nowhere near in as good as shape as the two Ro's were.

Art by Mikado13!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081

If there was one thing that Ronin was consistently learning about Caido, it was that he should never underestimate it. Innocuous things could end up being deadly, and ominous places might be safe havens. So the ex-captain arrived at the entrance to the Underground fully armed and prepared for as much as he could be. The gauntlet gifted to him by Safrin shone on his left hand, and the Snakebite glove gleaned with something ill on his right.

Rolling his shoulders, he smiled brightly to Remi and stepped forward to clasp his friend's shoulder in greeting. "Thank you for agreeing to come," he murmured. "You are one of the only people to have been down here to know what to expect first hand. I have provisions, and light, and parchment that we might make a map if possible." Though he was sure that Remi could not only create all of that - he'd probably thought of it too.

From the depths of Ronin's collar, a silver slip of a tail flicked and coiled gently about his neck. A moment later and a small white dragonling popped up, drawn by the scent of the alchemist. Remi had given her treats consistently thus far, and Sugar was hoping that this would be a continuing trend.

RONIN
JUST WATCH ME
Roana Steadman
Soldier

Age: 35 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 24 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Roana had been surprised but glad when Ronin approached her about exploring the underground tunnels. She hadn't done something like this in a long time, and she looked forward to a little adventure. The former captain would have felt better if she had her enchanted claymore - which she was still looking for - but she was just as comfortable with her broadsword.

She arrived dressed appropriately for their venture, broadsword on her hip where Krosis usually sat, and a small pack on her back with necessary provisions and gear. "Sounds like we were thinking along the same lines, Ronin." she said with a grin, catching part of what he said about what he brought. "I have some basic medical supplies as well just in case."

Roana's eyes turned toward the other man, who she was certain she didn't know. But Ronin had told her the name of who was joining them. "You must be Remi." she said with a smile, extending a hand to shake in greeting. "Roana Steadman. It is good to meet you."

ROANA
You should've crowned her 'cause she's a goddess
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

It was a continuing trend, and along with the supplies he'd brought, he had also included several bits of dried meat for the beautiful dragonling he had expected to accompany the ex-captain. "Hopefully one day you will be large enough to do not have to always bring him along, hmm?" Remi trilled with a laugh, tossing the meat towards her.

Glancing towards Roana, Remi bowed his head. Remembering that he did not need to bow for everyone he met was a habit he was slowly breaking, but his respect and default-subservience ran quite deep. "A pleasure to meet you Roana." He said standing, a cheery smile on his face.

Glancing back towards Ronin, Remi raised a brow, tapping his notebook. "I am just here to chronicle the escapades of former captains Ro and Ro. Lead on—" His grin was cheeky, his eyes sparkling merrily as he waited for the male Ro to lead them on.

Art by Mikado13!
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

Sugar shrieked her delight, both at Remi's comments and his treats, and she reared up onto her hind legs to catch the meat. Trouble was she overbalanced, sent tumbling and scrabbling into Ronin's hood. As the hood's owner, Ronin dutifully rolled his eyes, though he was grinning at his dragon's antics.

He turned as Roana approached, giving his fellow ex-captain a respectful nod in greeting and remaining quiet to allow her to make her introductions with Remi. "Medical supplies are never a bad shout," he agreed, glancing to the alchemist as he readied his notebook and explained the situation.

Happy to take the prompt and setting off into the bowels of the Underground Tunnels, he waved a hand to will the light on his finger to life. "Do you remember roughly the route you took last time?" he asked Remi, before glancing to Roana. "And would you mind watching the back of the line? I'd trust nobody more."

RONIN
JUST WATCH ME
Roana Steadman
Soldier

Age: 35 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

Roana looked curiously at the little creature tumbling about in Ronin’s hood, a small grin curving her lips. ”Is that a dragon?” she said in awe. This place really was filled with fantastical things but… a dragon? Now that was quite something, she thought! Though it did make her wonder if any adults were out and about…that could actually be terribly problematic. But she was distracted by Remi’s play on her’s and Ronin’s name and laughed lightly. ”The Chronicles of Ro and Ro. Sounds like a best seller to me.” she said.

When Ronin asked her to keep eye on the back she nodded. Some might be insulted to bring up the rear but it was one of the more important positions. Ambushes were more likely to come from behind, so only the very skilled could be trusted with that job. ”So these deities… do either of you know anything more about them?” she said. Roana liked context when she could get it. It made fighting and defending much easier when one had a better sense of what they faced. Her only experience with such things were the mentioned goddesses back in Northaven, who the Natives had feared, who sent an awful illness upon the people, and who sent the Great Stone Cat that had nearly killed her. To say she was hesitant about the intent of any gods or goddesses here was an understatement. ”I seem to be one of the few that has never encountered one.” she admitted.

Per her position she walked a pace or two behind Remi and Ronin, eyes and ears peeled for anything suspicious.

ROANA
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

"Well, there should be a fork ahead. " Remi began. "Originally myself and a few others went left. There was a wall in the way and instead of backtracking one of the men—" The fact that it turned out to be the shy and un-leaderlike Sam now stuck Remi as patently absurd. "—suggested trying to break through, and so we did. It caved in behind us, but eventually we found our way through. The others who took the path to the right I think found themselves relatively unimpeded." They hadn't shared their gargoyle adventure, and so Remi had no reason to believe that anything amiss had happened at all.

Glancing over his shoulder to catch Roana's words, Remi shrugged. "I have now met Ludo and Frey and the Voice, and Ronin has met Safrin. I am not sure how many there are in total but...Well, Ronin's encounters have been markedly different from mine." The alchemist said, grinning wryly at the back of Ronin's skull as he shook his head slightly. "The one down here did not so much appear as...project herself? She was not actually here I do not think. At least...well. I do not really know actually. Though she seemed uninterested in everyone save for the ascended and the...ahh, what the locals call the accepted. So I suppose that means like the two of you."

Art by Mikado13!

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Offline
Change author:
Something ahead squelched and moaned.

It scurried, but not quickly. Imagine if an asthmatic snail tried to scurry, uphill, with its eyes covered.

That's about what it sounded like.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:

Ronin grinned over his shoulder at Roana, nodding in affirmation just as Sugar popped her scaly little face up from his hood, having been munching quite happily on the scrap of meat Remi had thrown to her. "Yes, it is. There were dragon eggs at the bottom of the Oasis. I don't know what caused the earth to move, but whatever it was disturbed them enough to float to the surface. Unfortunately, she was the only one to make it..." His smile turning a touch sad, he turned back to face the darkness ahead.

Listening carefully to Remi's words, the ex-captain nodded and turned to lead them to the right which was, as he had said, relatively clear. "Then we will follow in their footsteps," he murmured, his hand held aloft so he could cast his light around for them.

"Different is one word for it. I am sorry for Remi, that he hasn't had the pleasure of meeting Safrin yet. She has brought me nothing but strength and good luck so far." Reverence was a difficult thing to invoke in Ronin, but it was definitely there as he spoke of the goddess.

His thoughts about the new deity and the Ascended would remain under his tongue for now, for ahead of them something... wheezed? Slouched? Ronin didn't know, but he fell to a halt. "Did either of you hear that?"

RONIN
JUST WATCH ME
Roana Steadman
Soldier

Change author:

Roana's eyes brightened as Ronin confirmed that he happily munching little thing in his hood was in face a dragonling. She smiled at it, entranced for a moment. "I hope you will forgive me, as dragons are majestic creatures but...yours is the most adorable thing I have ever seen." she said. She would have to remember to grab it another little treat to munch on when it finished this first bite. "What do you call her?" she asked curiously.

The ex-captain listened quietly a Remi and Ronin discussed the path they were going to take, tucking away the information in the back of her mind. It was good to be aware of their end goal in case something went poorly.

Her eyes widened as Remi listed off a whole pantheon of gods and goddesses. Though, her brows furrowed in concern when it was made clear that Remi's interactions had been less that positive. "What did they do to you? Were you hurt?" she asked Remi, a note of genuine concern in her tone. She had always cared about those she felt she had a responsibility to protect, and that had only amplified after she had her own children. Briefly she glanced at Ronin, who expressed a much more positive view of the goddess he met. Strength and good luck? Those were things she could get behind. "Tell me about this Safrin. She already sounds more pleasant than the goddess back in Northaven." she said with a dry laugh. She and Ronin both knew how dangerous those beings had been, and they had never even seen their faces.

But then she heard the...squelching noise and was drawn off the topic. Her brows furrowed and she quietly drew her broadsword. "I heard it." Roana confirmed when Ronin asked.

ROANA
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

"Ah...they.." It was not so much that the alchemist did not want to share the information with Roana, honesty was ever on the top of his tongue, merely that he'd now recounted the tales so many times they were old news to him. Still, it was sure to be helpful information for the ex-captain to know. "Well, one of them took away the love and affection I felt for someone, simply for asking a question about how they liked to ... ahh...to go about their interactions. Another took a memory of mine in exchange for information. That was after trying to kill me twice though." Remi shrugged at this latter statement with a weary sigh. "I am unhurt, but I suppose in their own ways, yes, they did both try to hurt me." Glancing towards Ronin however, Remi smiled. "Ronin has fared far better. Blessings and gifts abound from his goddess."

Halting as well, Remi nodded. "I heard it as well." Glancing back and forth between captains Ro and Ro, the alchemist waited for them to either lead onwards, or draw back.

Art by Mikado13!

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Offline
Change author:
"Pleeas—BuuaarrRRRRRrrp—" The sound was grating and wet and sounded like the voice you imagine a pimple might have the second it was popped. "I mmm not—HuurRRRRRRPppp

Should they chose to proceed around the corner, they would find The Prince. The name is a mockery to be sure, for the grotesque and vaguely amphibian creature before them looked like both a science experiment gone horrifyingly wrong, but also something that might congeal on a rock in a swamp. With too many eyes, though only a few which could see, The Prince had scuttled himself into a corner, vaguely hidden by collapsed walls and stones that it apparently had piled up to try and hide itself.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:

"Sugar," Ronin said of his dragon's name, his smile in his voice even if he didn't turn to look back from the way ahead. "She's more mischievous than sweet though, if you ask me. I ought to have called her Chaos or something." He chuckled, though the sound drifted off as Remi began to recount his run-ins with the gods of the realm. He felt bad for the alchemist that he had not had any kind encounters, and whilst he felt he should perhaps be more cautious, he still made a mental note to mention his friend to Safrin should he encounter her again.

His tone wry, he shook his head to them. "She is hardly my goddess, Remi. But she has been very good to me. I would recommend you speak with her yourself, Roana, for anything I say will not do her justice." And besides, they had a lot more to worry about right now. Like the squelching, speaking? thing.

"Ugh." Ronin couldn't help himself, wrinkling his nose as his eyes fell upon the wretched creature, and he fell to a halt. "I think it said something."

RONIN
JUST WATCH ME
Roana Steadman
Soldier

Change author:

Roana grinned at the little thing. Sugar. How adorable! "I think that is how most little things start out. If I had to rename my sons based on their personalities they'd be Grumpy, Smarty-pants, and Cookie Monster." she said with a snicker. That was the downside of naming someone or something before you knew them. You were bound to not get their essence right.

Her lips turned down a bit as Remi spoke of his encounters. So some of these deities truly were as cruel as those back in Northaven. "I am sorry, Remi." she said sincerely. What he had suffered at the hands of these deities was truly cruel, she thought. But, perhaps there was a little light in it all. Ronin seemed sure enough of this Safrin that he instructed her to go seek her out on her own. She considered for a moment. What business would she have with a goddess? To learn about the threats facing her children. To figure out how to get her, her boys, and everyone else out of this bubble. What was it she needed to do to make sure they could thrive in this new place. Lots of things it seemed. Roana was a doer. Proving people wrong was her shtick. If she just knew a little more, she was sure she could shake this place up for the better.

Perhaps she would see this Safrin.

But right now she was too busy staring at...the most pitiful swamp monster in existence. "What the...". She breathed, her nose wrinkling and brows furrowing. "Pretty sure I heard it say please..." she said quietly.

ROANA