when you hit me, hit me hard (open!)
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
the wounds are open and bleeding out
It's raw and it's hollow and it hurts, and no amount of booze will fill that hole. But that's not to say that Ronin hasn't tried, and the empty bottles painstakingly stacked inside the door to the Slagveld are testament to that. There's one still half full tinkling in his hand as he ducks beneath the ropes of the boxing ring, bare feet pressing into the soft sand as though to savour it. Not that he can really feel his fingers and toes.

With eyes ringed red and some shitty song or another humming out from chapped lips, Ronin runs his fingers over the ropes, strolling (weaving, stumbling) around the interior of the ring as if that might offer him some answers. As if that might take him home, wherever Remi might be. He can't replicate the pain caused to the man he's meant to love the most - worse still, he can't even replicate himself to give himself a good old fashioned beating for it.

So Ronin is here, looking for he doesn't know what, taking a swig from the bottle of rum loose in his fingers and wishing for the taste of blood instead.

THE
DARK STAR

Table coding by Sky
Neos Rivetter
Explorer/Storyteller

Age: 33 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 2 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Tesability Offline
Change author:
MP: 360
Neos
Look out 'cause here I come
And I'm marching on to the beat I drum
Neos didn't want to admit how many times he passed by this place without realizing what it was, but today, the false human was fixing the issue of ignoring this place as he finally entered it. The smell of booze punched him in the nose, causing him to sneeze as a result as he walked further in. The sight of motion caused bright-green eyes to turn in one specific direction, seeing someone that should be laying down in a bed instead of walking into the arena, prompting him to raise a high eyebrow.

"Are you sure you want to box with that much swerve in your step," Neos asked, fidgeting a little with the chain that held his unique six-pointed jewel in place. "Not sure you'd even last a round in your state..."

Now, he understood the need to fight, gods from the whole Omniverse knows he's felt better after a solid tussle when he's frustrated with something. But to try for such a rumble after putting yourself into that much of a disadvantage?

"Humans are fucking weird..." he found himself saying under his breath faintly, a small sideways frown on his face.
I'm not scared to be seen
I make no apologies
This is me
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
The sneeze doesn't catch Ronin's attention (not so surprising, given how interested he is suddenly in the fabric of the rope beneath his fingers, of the tinkle of the booze in the bottle that he holds loosely in one hand) but the voice is impossible to ignore. His turn is clumsy at best, the Star's brow furrowing as he tries to concentrate on the two intruders that have come to make fun of his boxing form at a time when he couldn't give less of a fuck about it. Only it's only actually one intruder, and Ronin blinks hard to bring the other man into focus.

"I don't recall askin' for your opinion," he rumbles, his voice made raw by liquor, liquor that he brings once more to his lips. "Why, you wanna go a round an' find out?" It's true that Ronin can barely hold himself steady whilst staying still, but that doesn't mean he's about to pass up an excuse to feel something other than internal pain. A black eye and a busted lip make a good distraction, in his experience.

THE
DARK STAR

Table coding by Sky
Neos Rivetter
Explorer/Storyteller

Age: 33 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Change author:
Neos
Look out 'cause here I come
And I'm marching on to the beat I drum
"...humans are fucking nuts," Neos said with a more normal volume while giving Ronin a flat look while shaking his head slightly and slowly. This crazy drunk may be lucky it was him that came to the ring instead of someone that would be far more...opportunistic, if this guy had any enemies. And even if Neos' words were heard, this guy would probably think he was hearing shit. "If I'm gonna possibly be making you eat sand," he said upon looking down at the flooring of the ring, seeing the sandy setup to allow for people to hit the ground without too much pain, "an exchange of names is in order. Name's Neos, what's yours?"

He stepped into the ring himself, making a mental note to see if there was a way to replicate the style of boxing ring he was more used to later before saying, "Also, be careful what you wish for, ya might get it in a way you weren't expecting."

He was already bracing to knock this guy out with some precision strikes to minimize any real damage just so this drunkard didn't do anything...well, more stupid than he was doing now.
I'm not scared to be seen
I make no apologies
This is me
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
The crazy drunk has faced off against gods and monsters (and his sobriety was questionable then as well, at times), and Ronin forces himself to focus. "aN eXcHanGE oF nAMeS iS iN oRDer," he repeats, slurring and mocking all the while. "Ronin. Any more demands, your majesty?"

The other man is already stepping into the ring with him, and Ronin slowly sets the bottle of liquor down in the sand. Neos has already made his decision clear, by entering the fighting space, and honestly Ronin can't think of anything better than bruised knuckles and the taste of copper right now. "Less talk, more fight," he rumbles, shaking out his hands before slipping into an easy (if not somewhat clumsier than usual) defensive stance.

He motions for Neos to come at him, if that's what he wants to do.

THE
DARK STAR

Table coding by Sky
Neos Rivetter
Explorer/Storyteller

Change author:
Neos
Don't be mistaken
Your bloody time's up
He really wishes for the taste of blood, does he?

If I get my way, he's going to be tasting sand while outcold instead.

Neos began to slide his jacket off of his arms when a sneeze, then another suddenly came out of his nose. Shaking his head, he moved towards one of the poles hanging up the ropes that mark the boundaries, hanging his jacket onto it.

You do realize you will be facing off against one of this world's godlings, yes?

As he moved to take his hat off, Neos suddenly jolted slightly as the line floated through his head. Excuse me, but what? How can a demigod be drunk? That just makes it more---

You are not doing anything.

Neos suddenly gasped as he took to one knee, hands to the side of his head and eyes clenching shut as a deep pain filled it. After a few moments, his hands fell to his sides and the false human stood up slowly. Eyes opened once more and a slight sideways grin appeared on his face. "You are fortunate I cannot kill you without killing myself," he muttered with a higher-pitched and somewhat twisted voice before turning towards the demigod. "I do apologize to disappoint, but this is a match that must be postponed for when you two are on more even standings."
This ain't no game
We're not here to entertain you
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
Sooooo yeah. Some stuff happens that Ronin isn't privy to. And maybe if he had been privy to it, and not so far into his cups that he's forgotten his birthday (but not Remi's birthday, because that is far more important and gods did he even get him a present this year?), he might have reacted a little more like a reasonable man. As it stands (and as he stands, barely), his opponent drops to one knee and, like, Ronin's pretty sure he didn't do that.

Can he do that now? Oh wait, no powers, yeah. Okay.

Then there's more talking, and the Star rolls his eyes at the whole machiavellian mess of it all. "...Ok," he says, having taken precisely none of it in. "I'll go first then."

And so he does, darting forward to swipe his leg across in a kick that might either take off his opponent's head (metaphorically speaking) or might send him into a delightful pirouette and onto his ass in the sand.

THE
DARK STAR

Table coding by Sky
The Best
Incredible Incredulator

Age: 38 | Height: smol | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 0 - Strg: 108 - Dext: 42 - Endr: 8 - Luck: 4 - Int:
Mowgli - Mythical - Crazy fire-breathing horse
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
Ronin rolled a 115 to hit (halved his dexterity since he's drunk). Neos rolled a 48, so the attack hits.

Ronin does 20pts of damage.

Ronin HP: 400/400
Neos HP: 6/26
Neos Rivetter
Explorer/Storyteller

Change author:
Neos
Don't be mistaken
Your bloody time's up
The figure in black, who had his back to Ronin, ended up kissing the rope, then the sandy ground suddenly upon being knocked off his feet. Spitting said sand out of his mouth, he tried to quickly roll himself out of the arena.

"No honor," he said once managing to get out, gingerly trying to get up onto his feet, though a sneeze made the attempt even more painful. "And knowing Neos, he still won't learn after that," he muttered with a wince.

Glancing down at the gem that Neos wore, he saw part of why his chest hurt so much, he could feel the imprint of the blue gem against him from the sudden landing. "Now, if you don't mind, I will get the idiot out of here and keep him from being killed..." He wasn't bothering with the hat, if Neos really wanted it back, he can come back when he ain't so close to feeling on the edge. For now, this other in control started moving towards the exit...
This ain't no game
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
No honour?

"No mercy."

Gods it feels good to lash out, the Star pulling his leg back and even managing to plant it back in the sand with some sort of grace, which honestly surprises no one more than himself.

"I was really hopin' I'd have managed to kick the chattiness outta you," he slurs, taking a step back and completely overbalancing, managing to end up slumped in the ropes in the sand next to his handy dandy liquor bottle. "You talk more'n I do. An' that's sayin' somethin'. I'm a talkerer, when I'm not a fighterer."

Who is he explaining this all to? Your guess is as good as Ronin's. "Where you goin', anyway? S'your go!" Sighing and sagging into the ropes, Ronin waves a hand. "Fine. I didn't want to fight anyways."

THE
DARK STAR

Table coding by Sky
Neos Rivetter
Explorer/Storyteller

Change author:
Neos
Don't be mistaken
Your bloody time's up
"Heh, I apolog---" Another sneeze flies out of the nose, making his chest hurt once more. "Two more," he muttered to himself before saying with more normal volume, "I apologize for disappointing, but you would not appreciate having a death at your hands."

Nor would we, but that's neither here nor there at the moment.

With that, the figure moved fully out of the Slagveld, glancing around. "Now, where's the nearest medic...I think that Ray figure is nearby somewhere..."

~FIN
This ain't no game