only so much i can take
Ronyyyyy
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
fire in the ground between my teeth, we're dancing on the poison in their graves
at the end of the night, we'd all seen better days
His wing is healed which means that truly he’s alright with leaving now, the ability to get away from anything with a menacing shift should he need to. But he doesn’t choose the dragon off the bat, no, he chooses one that not many have seen yet, one that not many would see and immediately assume he’s come to attack the rest of Torchline (should the rumors be believed, sorry there’s no Daenery’s attacks). It’s a Pegasus that leaves the house, in hues of white black and blues.

It’s a Pegasus that takes to the skies and lands in the alley before the Slagveld, hooves clattering on the stone of the street, people stepping out of the way too drunk to realize what exactly is occurring. So he noses his way into the Slagveld, using his broad head to open the door, slipping in with ease into the sandy floor of the building. And he kicks with a back foot out to shut the door behind him.

Ears are perked, seeking out none other than Ronin, a nicker sent out into the dark room.
i know you tried, i know you're cursed, i know your best was still your worst
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
we shall heal our wounds, collect our dead
"Go away, horse."

Ronin is, as they say in the business, Really Fucking Hungover. And the clip-clop of Sunjata's hooves on the sand might be muted, but it's still a drumbeat in his head that he doesn't appreciate in the slightest. And then, y'know, he goes and kicks the door shut. Story of his fucking life right now.

The Star has been trying to sleep off the stupid amount of alcohol he's been drinking, tucked away between two crates. It will be fairly obvious where he is, though, because his booted feet are sticking out. The place reeks of stale booze, and when Ronin peeps his head out from above the crates, he couldn't look worse. Surrounded by crumpled letters from Remi, with a bed head that looks more bedraggled than roguish and squinting even in the dim lamplight, he's not sure what to make of the pegasus.

"Oh gods, it's you."
THE DARK STAR
and continue fighting
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
Ears flicker back at the command, but it only makes Sunjata a bit more incessant. He spies Ronin’s boots first, the scent of alcohol in the air that’s stale, and were he in his human form might have made his stomach churn in a way that seems to suggest he’s quite a bit hungover too. But he isn’t, and it makes it easy for him to approach the Star, ignoring the crumpled letters to immediately stick his head into Ronin’s space, a huff of warm air leaving him in agreement.

Yes. Yes it is him. And he’s here for Ronin, like to make sure he hadn’t offed himself or something.

Lips pull at Ronin’s shirt, trying to pull at him to drag him up, before he realizes that’s probably not going to work, and he shifts back into himself. He’s kneeling in front of Ronin, reaching out with a hand to help the Star up. “It’s me, Ronin.” He murmurs softly, offering him a softer smile.
we'll break our own hearts
so that someone else can't
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"Noooooo." Ronin's complaints are entirely for show, of course, as the pegasus shoves his head into his personal space, as lips pull at his shirt, and he swats with surprising gentleness at the creature trying to get him on his feet. With a groan and a soft curse as Sunjata shifts back into himself, Ronin tries not to slouch too much against the crate, his hand fumbling up to slip into his friend's. "Hello, Jata," he mumbles in a voice that's raw and dry and void of emotion, having to lean on the other man more than he'd like to get his feet beneath him.

"Sorry, I'll get myself gone from here soon as I can walk straight." He assumes that's why the Flood is here anyway, given that Ronin has unintentionally started squatting in the Slagveld. "How're you? Everything okay?"
THE DARK STAR
and continue fighting
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
Their hands meet and Sunjata pulls Ronin up with surprising amount of strength, using this to his advantage to let Ronin cling to him. “Hey.” He says softly, moving to wrap that arm around his friend to support him wherever needed. “No, it’s okay. Stay as long as you need to.” He assures him, giving his middle a light squeeze.

As for how he’s doing? There’s a far gentler smile on his face than there had been since Ronin’s arrival. “Everything’s good now. I spoke with Remi.” He brushes by it quickly, hoping it soothes anything but unsure if it does or not. “There’s beds and a shower upstairs, I think if you plan on staying here it’s more comfortable.” And Ronin was an advocate after all, surely it made sense he’d be welcome.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
Ronin is wobbly on his feet at first, and so he's grateful for the hands that come to grasp him. But eventually he finds his balance, the Star taking a deep breath and letting himself straighten up to listen properly to what Sunjata has to say. "A shower and a bed sounds great," he admits with a small smile, gesturing for the Flood to lead the way up to wherever he wants to take them. Perhaps he'll be able to wash away the past few days, if he tries hard enough.

Then Sunjata says he's spoken to Remi and honestly, there would have been less of a reaction if the other man had simply struck him across the face. "Oh," he says, his voice rough and his throat tight. "That... I'm glad," he mumbles, vaguely motioning to the letters around his feet. "He... we aren't..." It's almost impossible to say, and his throat wants to close around the pain. Eventually Ronin forces in another breath and lets the words hit the air.

"He said he can't do this right now. With me. He's gone. I couldn't... We aren't... we aren't anything, any more."
THE DARK STAR
and continue fighting
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
Once Ronin’s on his feet, Sunjata can at least unlock the door to the upstairs, to the Advocates spread out with beds and a shower and even a kitchenette. A place where all of his guild members can stay when without a home for the time being. It’s this that he locks behind them too once Ronin’s made it through. He guides the Star up the stairs to the couch, sprawled with ramphire blankets and pillows, plush luxury all things considered.

He guides Ronin to the couch, listening and feeling for his friend, the frown pulling at his face as he nods lightly. He doesn’t understand it, not entirely, but he can mull over his words while he grabs a hefty jug of water for Ronin. He returns, offering it to his friend, sitting in front of him on the coffee table. “People… Say and do things when they’re upset they don’t entirely mean.” Gods knew Sunjata had his fair share. “Remi came to me in a dream. We… Agreed it shouldn’t have gone that far, that you shouldn’t have had to choose. It was a good talk.” He pauses to run his tongue along his lower lip in idle consideration.

I forgave him. I don’t know if it’ll help what’s going on between you two but maybe you should try reaching out to him when you’ve cleaned up a bit and feel a bit better.” He leans back, running a hand through his hair.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
Ronin meanders to the couch, vaguely aware of the comparative luxury of the place and feeling quietly grateful for the guild he's found himself in, even if he hasn't been able to make himself into a useful member for some time. Unlacing his boots, Ronin sags onto the couch amongst the pillows and the blankets, and his body all but cries out in relief to have somewhere soft to land for a while. His eyes close to listen to Sunjata without needing to worry about the room occasionally attempting to spin, though as he continues there's no denying the frown that starts to creep across his face.

Well good for you, he wants to snap, somewhat glad for the lump in his throat that stops him. I'm so glad you could work things out. How positively fantastic for the both of you. Looks like I didn't have to be there after all. I destroyed my marriage for absolutely nothing.

"Are you deaf?" he says instead, which isn't exactly any better. "I told you he doesn't want to do it. He won't talk to me, I can't find him, and he doesn't--" He said he doesn't have a home any more, when it was supposed to be me. "I fucked up, Jata. I fucked up so bad that he doesn't want me any more."
THE DARK STAR
and continue fighting
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
He expects this, to an extent. His gaze flicking back to the Star with the low hum of his voice. “Some days.” He tries to jest to Ronin’s question of whether he was deaf. He isn’t, but it’s an attempt to chip away at the ice. But then it’s Ronin’s turn to fall apart and Sunjata leans forward, moving from sitting on the table to sitting by Ronin, draping his arm around his friend and pulling him in for a hug, ignoring the stench of sweat and stale alcohol in favor for an attempt at comfort.

How upset were the both of you when you spoke last?” He rumbles quietly, gently, trying to think on his and Nate’s arguments. They had never gone that far, of course, but there were times where he had thought it might be the end. Until one of them cracked, one of them fractured, and to Sunjata? Remi and Ronin were stubborn, strong men. Instead of fracturing and imploding on themselves, Sunjata could imagine Remi’s attempt was coming and seeing him, of clearing the air.

You didn’t, Ronin. Remi and I agreed that it was fucked up. But he came to me to clear the air just as you suggested. And he did it. Nothing will get better if neither of you try.” A thought occurs to him, briefly, as it tumbles from his lips. “Didn’t you tell me to rip off the bandaid? Try to send him a letter, see what happens. At least you’ll have tried.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
The jest goes over Ronin's head, and he wants to shove Sunjata away as he moves in for a hug, but the Star is simply too tired. He doesn't need or deserve comfort, and he finds himself swiping at his eyes nonetheless as the Flood is draped around him, a source of strength he both needs and doesn't want to accept. Sunjata doesn't understand, he realises, as he keeps talking and keeps suggesting things that are already done, bridges that are already burned.

He even mentions letters, which leads Ronin to believe he's blind as well as deaf, the Star shaking his head incredulously. "You don't get it," he says, shrugging off his arm and raking a hand back through his hair. "Jata, we haven't spoken. I haven't seen him since that night with you. He sent me a letter - a bunch of them - I asked him to come home. I wanted to try. I still want to try, I just-- he..." He doesn't. And that's the crux of it.

It's too broken to come back from, for Remi. And it's done. There's no fixing something when the other person doesn't want to come back from it.
THE DARK STAR
and continue fighting
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
No, he doesn’t really get it. But he’s trying, he’s trying because regardless of how much Remi said it wasn’t his fault, Sunjata still thinks that it is. He was the one that was chosen, he was the one that was the driving force between the Lullaby and the Dark Star. And all because of some miscommunication and anger that had passed over, at least on Sunjata’s end.

He keeps Ronin close, lets his other arm wrap around the Star to pull him against his chest, letting that arm partial shift into his macaw feathers to drape around Ronin like a cape. “No. I don’t get it, Ronin.” He rumbles quietly, huffing a quiet sigh. “But I do get fracturing apart and breaking. You two need each other to patch yourselves up. You have to. You have Mateo to think about, too, who has two fathers that love him fiercely.” Muscles feather in his jaw as he tries to pick his words gently, but as per usual he fails. “It isn’t just between the two of you. And if anything? Please try to do it for him.” If there’s one thing Sunjata knows intimately well, it’s the upbringing in a broken family.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
It's a flare of anger that comes so unexpectedly that Ronin is utterly heedless to try and control it. As he's pulled closer, coddled against Sunjata's chest when this is exactly the sort of thing that caused this shit to happen, as the Flood apparently thinks that Ronin needs convincing that he shouldn't give up, that he needs to try, as his son is brought into it, the Star snaps. Shoving forcefully away from the feathers and the attempted comfort, Ronin lurches to his feet, staggering a bit but nonetheless determined to hold himself up.

"Are you trying to insult me?" He narrows his eyes at the Flood. "Or are you not hearing me on purpose? Did you miss the part where I just told you that Remi ended our marriage and I can't find him because I'm fucking useless right now and he is a fucking shadow? The part where I said I wanted to try, but he doesn't and you can't just smash two people together and make them work? Fucking hell, Jata."

He doesn't want to stay here all of a sudden. His feet are taking him towards the locked door, and of course, he's just forced to fumble uselessly at it. "If you would - I'll stay somewhere else."
THE DARK STAR
and continue fighting
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
The anger is also somewhat expected, but not as much as it has become. He’s shoved away and he goes easily, leaning back against the couch as Ronin stands, staggers a bit, but the Flood says nothing. Not until Ronin’s fumbling with the door at least. “I’m not trying to insult you. But I can’t read between the lines.” It comes out as half a mutter, Sunjata reaching up to pinch the bridge of his nose. He didn’t know that Remi had officially ended it, and for some reason it has Sunjata subconsciously spinning his own wedding ring, glancing at Ronin’s hand to see if his still remained.

He tries to remember if Remi’s had remained too, but he doesn’t recall.

He pushes up from the couch now and moves over to the door to put a hand against it, to keep Ronin from leaving. “Look, I’m sorry. I just wanted to try and help. Go shower and we won’t talk about it, deal?” He looks down at Ronin with a raise of his brow, hoping it might placate it enough that he can figure out how not to ruin this friendship.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
Quite how Sunjata, a man who was arrested, imprisoned and tortured, thinks that effectively trapping Ronin in this room will make things remotely better is beyond the Star's comprehension. But here they are, with Ronin desperate for the feel of sand between his toes and the roar of the ocean in his ears, instead listening to the creak of floorboards and Sunjata's voice. And it's perhaps that which has his fist lancing up (easily deflected, given his current hungover state), aiming a right hook for the Flood's jaw.

"Fine," he all but growls afterwards, whether or not the blow strikes home. And since he's stuck here anyway, he might as well smell a bit sweeter. So Ronin weaves his way towards the shower, shedding clothes as he goes - Sunjata has probably seen it all before anyways.
THE DARK STAR
and continue fighting