not much, but it's enough
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Age: 30 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
IANTO
Ianto, for all of his agreement to trundle around the Greatwood with Remi, Ronin and Mateo, finds himself alone more often than not. This time, though, it's not so uncomfortable. It's a transient sort of solitude, one that has him checking to see if there's anyone extra in bed with him whenever he wakes up. Little does he know that this will soon be one of those times when there is, indeed, an extra participant under the obscenely comfortable weight of furs and blankets.

No, for now the merchant sleeps quite peacefully. It's LongNight and the Wagon is lit only by the soft glow of colourful lanterns, both inside and outside. With little to do but sleep and snack and read and craft, Ianto has actually thoroughly enjoyed his time tucked away. Foxes don't hibernate, but he's sorely tempted.
where are your gods now

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
REMI
the alchemist
I've said that hope I'll never find
To my myself I must confide
I'm going to tell you a story. You can skim though, because it's one you already know.

Once upon a time Ianto and Remi gone fantastically drunk and high, collapsed on the ground, and fell asleep in each other's arm. Both were fully dressed, and the most scandalous thing to occur was Remi realizing just how much he liked waking up in a tangle of the merchant's limbs. Others, there was no smooching, no lingering looks, no nothing. Just one alchemist with a runaway heartbeat who tried to unsuccessfully squirm his way out of Ianto's arms.

Cut to today: Remi is naked, covered in furs up to his shoulders, with an arm around his not-quite-consenting-bedmate. It's not quite consensual because Remi hadn't been there when Ianto went to sleep. it isn't fully nonconsensual if only because unlike a certain Spyglass, the fox hasn't lost his damn mind about it.

But then again, like so many things lately, maybe this is a conversation Remi really ought to have. For now though, tucked away in a dream, the alchemist just buries his nose again the merchant's neck.
That there's no choice outside your mind
when your heart is overthrown
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Age: 30 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
IANTO
The weight around him isn't sudden in that, for Ianto, it almost happens in his dreams. But as a warm nose comes nuzzling against his neck, he stirs enough to realise that Remi has apparently returned from wherever he's been.

The first couple of times this happened, Ianto was understandably awkward about it. Right here and right now, though? He's not in the mood to have his comfortable Longnight ruined by a previously close-friend-turned-lover-turned-murderous-demigod.

In short, Ianto stirs, but he relaxes almost instantly. "You're home," he mumbles to the alchemist, more to let him know so he can extract himself if he wants to. "There's water in the kettle and soup on the stove, if you're hungry."
where are your gods now

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
REMI
the alchemist
The accent, not entirely unlike Ronin's but nearly a part of him by now, wakes the alchemist. It's with a clenched jaw and hands balled into fists that he rolls away from Ianto—a moment or two later than he should have, perhaps—leaving Remi on his back staring blankly at the wagon's ceiling. This side of the bed is cold, and it's as fitting for Remi's mood as it is painful. But at least he isn't running out of the wagon with embarrassment. But then again, the man who would do that wouldn't have gotten himself into this mess in the first place.

Murmuring an apology that he doesn't really mean, Remi presses his fingertips against his eyes, snarling silently at the stars he sees when he moves them. The very last thing he needs to be reminded of just now are stars.

'Unless that soup was made with mostly whiskey, I'll pass.'
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Change author:
i love it when i catch you looking at me
Remi rolls away and his tension is palpable to the point where it actually does persuade Ianto to consider leaving his comfortable little den. Shifting to sit up, the fox isn't quite naked, knowing better than that with the alchemist due home at some point, but he is certainly tousled and sleepy. "Mm, no whiskey in the soup. I could put a shot of it in some coffee though, if you want," he suggests, rubbing at his eyes and blinking down at the Lullaby.

"Maybe later, though," he suggests, needing no prompting to realise that, whatever might have happened (and Ianto doesn't know, isn't even sure he wants to ask), Remi is like a an elastic band pulled taut and ready to snap. Which probably explains why Ianto chooses to don fur instead of skin, shifting into a fox that somehow still has a bedhead. If you want to talk, my payment is 5000 ear scritches and at least 7 belly rubs, he says. If you don't want to talk, the price is still the same, sorry.

Stretching mightily, Ianto promptly flops atop the furs and blankets, his muzzle resting against Remi's belly, his tail thumping the bed.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
the alchemist
Remi looks up at his friend, impossibly handsome in his sleepy and unkempt way, that it makes him press his fingers to his eyes anew. Had life been easier when he'd been blind? He couldn't remember, but at least if he was blind now, he wouldn't have to look at Ianto. Wouldn't have had to see Ronin walk away from him.

But then of course Ianto provides exactly what he needs and with a wordless pulse of utmost appreciation through the attuned bond, the alchemist reaches out for his furry bedmate. "You drive a hard bargain, has anyone ever told you that?" Remi wonders, and though he doesn't have it in him to smile, he sounds perhaps slightly less raw than he otherwise feels.

"Ronin and I.." Remi begins, before his throat closes entirely—as do the fingers curled in Ianto's pelt. What was there to say? Had a fight? But they hadn't, really. They'd just had..a difference. A difference in opinion, a difference in what they thought was best, a difference in how they needed to handle things.

Knowing better than to simply open the floodgates of their bond lest he utterly drown his friend in the weight of emotions, Remi just sighs and shakes his head. '..it isn't good.'
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Change author:
I am a merchant, and therefore guilty as charged, Ianto tells his friend, jaws opening in a goofy fox smile for good measure. Whining in the back of his throat and trying to onoxiously shove his head under Remi's hand that he might be able to better provide those scritches they talked about, as the other man breaches the subject that plagues him - and gods if it isn't something to make even the merchant's blood runs cold - Ianto reacts in perhaps a surprising way.

Clambering atop the blankets so as to be fully covering Remi, Ianto all but sprawls out on him, head tucked between his front paws, his silky and black tipped ears flat against his head. Do you want to talk about it? he asks. Or do you just want to lay here and wait for LongNight to be over?
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
the alchemist
"I never thought I'd see the day you admitted your own guilt." Remi counters dryly, watching as his friend climbs on top of his chest. It doesn't stir anything in the alchemist of course. Though Remi often blurs the lines between predator and human in himself, when it comes to other attuneds, the lines are quite clear. It isn't Ianto laying atop him, even though it was.

'I don't know.' Remi says through a sigh, pressing his palms down either side of the fox's face that he might fully massage his friend's cheeks and down into the ruff below his ears. "Does talking about it ever really help?" Genuinely asked, Remi has no idea as to the answer.
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Change author:
Ianto lets out a content whine, his tail waggling and his muzzle resting between his paws as Remi gives him all the good scritches. Granted, any and all scritches are the good kind when you're a fox, and he huffs out a breath and closes his eyes to listen rather than watch the Lullaby. Mm, it depends on what you want to get out of the conversation, I s'pose, he murmurs, slowly starting to wriggle around that Remi could scratch his belly instead.

If you want closure, or if you want to just get it off your chest, talking about it can help. But if not, I'm happy to collect my payment and let you enjoy my company. It sounds like a thoroughly fair deal to Ianto. Then again, he's the one benefitting from this overall, so of course he would think that.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
the alchemist
It takes hardly any time at all for Remi to think it over.

As Ianto flops onto his belly, he'll find himself encompassed by the alchemist's arms as Remi rolls onto his side, easily spooning the fox against him. Fingers in the white of his belly, Remi softens the hair on the merchant's head with his cheek that he might snuggle against him without having to constantly breathe in fur.

"I'll do my best to complete my payment before falling asleep. But if I don't, I'll be sure to let you wear the wedding dress in our dreams next time, so that you get the majority of the wedding gifts." Even in a dreamworld populated by armour-wearing-chickens, there was still some misogyny present, in that wedding gifts weren't equally distributed. So this seemed only fair.

Though the alchemist doesn't have the words to say it, his tongue too tightly wrapped about words he should and shouldn't have said to Ronin, the pulse the fox will feel through their bond is one of unfettered appreciation and love (that while not entirely platonic, is still thoroughly appropriate in this moment).

~FIN