Would You Believe Me If I Said I Saw All That Elsewhere?
Neos Rivetter
Explorer/Storyteller

Age: 33 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 2 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Tesability Offline
Change author:
MP: 360
Neos
Look out 'cause here I come
And I'm marching on to the beat I drum
Honestly, Neos feels bad for only now showing up much, much earlier, preferably immediately after the wedding. However, he didn't know what to say, then, how to ask if Sunjata was alright...

...and how to ask why he felt like he was looking at a spy or secret agent for some reason in regards to Kane. "That felt like some Dimir-ass bullshitery I was beholding, and I know I'm not on Ravnica," Neos muttered to himself as he approached the cliff-embedded home, instinctively nervous as he crossed the bridge on the way to the double-storied home and stopping a bit before the door. "I really hope this 'Kane' isn't that, because that seemed like the same exact playbook," he muttered to himself before raising his hand and knocking the door, one two three times. "Sunjata? You around?"

After he knocked, he took a solid step back to give some semblance of not appearing like he's trying to be clingy somehow...or leave him in immediate swinging range for some reason. After seeing the notice board memo and hearing about the deaths and attacks being linked to the man, it's best to be cautious.
I'm not scared to be seen
I make no apologies
This is me
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
SUNJATA
the flood
'cause we might as well be blind,
if seeing is believing, this parable's misleading
It would be fair to assume that he’s just a bit on edge – letting the dragon shift out more and more often, affecting his moods in terms of possessiveness and protectiveness. And this home, those within it, were his treasures, things to protect and keep near to him. It sets his instincts off once the knock is heard, once a voice he recognizes airs out, muffled behind the wood of the door.

Still, trust is one thing that Sunjata gives out rarely. And it’s that which has the door opening, the man behind it propping a clawed hand on the doorframe, the other keeping the door open – a horned head peering out and slightly down at the other man. “Neos.” He rumbles in greeting, lowering his hand from the doorframe as well as the door to cross his arms across his chest – casting a glance briefly behind Neos to see if there were anyone else around.

The starry tattoos that cover his arms shift and swirl slightly when his gaze lands back on Neos, a dark raise of his brow offered toward him. “What brings you by? You should be out enjoying the parties of LongNight.” At least, if Sunjata could, he’d absolutely be indulging in parties rather than every single traumatic thing he could think of with a nearly empty liquor cabinet now.

But that was LongNight for him, every year, after all.
you've got your shotgun loaded with excuses
— that you'll fire in vain —
but those 12 rounds just won't do
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Neos Rivetter
Explorer/Storyteller

Age: 33 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Change author:
Neos
Neos doesn't say anything immediately, but his eyes do widen upon seeing draconic traits endowing Sunjata's human form. "...notetoselfyoucandragon," Neos said mostly to himself at a really damned fast pace.

He then shook his head before collecting his thoughts after that moment of shock and looking back up towards Sunjata's eyes, finding a starting point with the question about the 'parties'. "Never been one with---" Neos sneezed before he could finish his statement. "...alcohol. Always makes me sneeze if there's enough at first," Neos said with a sheepish chuckle. "That and I came here in concern after what all's recently been in the public eye." Neos tilted his head slightly to try to look behind the slightly-taller man before saying, "though, it might be more prudent if we talked inside, considering some of what I wanted to ask. Just wish I had now done so sooner."

Neos turned around in his spot a full one-eighty, looking around himself to make sure there was nothing amiss that a former shapeshifter like him would know to spot. After a few moments, he turned back around before asking, "May I come in?" He then gave a sheepish chuckle before saying, "If you don't want to, you don't have to share any of what you're drinking, I don't drink myself."
I make no apologies
This is me
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
He waits, steel eyes focused on Neos in wait for the response to his question to air. The sneeze causes the slightest raise of a dark brow. “Pity.” He comments quietly in regards to sneezing with enough alcohol. His house at the moment would likely send the man into a fit. But as Neos continues, both brows raise a fraction before the Governor’s sighing lightly. He’s been made aware, more than once, with what’s on the notice board and what the rumors are going on in town.

Wasn’t much he could do at the moment anyway. “Alright.” He finally agrees, finding nothing different outside, but if the Flood latches onto a bat flying above to keep an eye on the house, well, that’s his little secret. He steps away from the door, opening it just enough for Neos to step inside, Haai immediately approaching on his heels with cautious yet narrowed eyes, watching Neos intently.

The offices are probably the best choice then.” He rumbles, gesturing with a clawed and tattooed hand toward the left wing of the home, leaving behind all the alcohol for a more official setting. Haai follows obediently, paws and talons clicking along the floor as the wolf magpie cross clings to Sunjata’s heels. Sunjata, upon his full view, has his wings tucked in tight, though the clawed tips gleam in the light of the oil lamps.

He guides Neos toward the first level of offices, popping open a door to reveal a study, a desk placed near the back with chairs out in front of it with one right behind it. He takes the seat at the desk, nodding to Neos to take a seat at the other side, the Governor's wings flaring out a fraction to fit around the back of the chair. And then there’s a bit of a predatory stillness with which Sunjata watches the other attuned when he goes to ask. “What would you like to know?
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Neos Rivetter
Explorer/Storyteller

Change author:
Neos
The predatory instinct he had inherited from his one shift on this world was kicking in to stay on guard, that something was wrong. Neos quickly slipped into the house, the first of a fit of sneezes starting, as he held up his left hand with all five fingers spread out. As he had each sneeze, a finger pulled itself down back into his palm.

Neos nodded with closed eyes at the mention of the offices during one sneeze, missing the companion that was nearby at first until he opened his eyes. The...he would refer to the creature as a 'winged wolf', but it had talons for some of its claws like a gryphon would have. "Interesting companion," Neos said, though the tension had him not move towards it, it was almost suffocating.

After the seventh total sneeze, when Neos pulled in his thumb after all other digits were in his now-balled-up hand, he had stopped sneezing just before entering the office. "...always seven at its max," he muttered before taking a seat upon being offered on. The final question has him still for a second, mentally bracing to shift to his lion form in self-defense...though against someone that could become a dragon, that might not be much defense.

"...I would ask how you were doing, but that's pretty obvious. So..." Neos looked down for a moment, hands together in front of him and hanging in the air, elbows on knees kept separate to make it easier for him to get up quick if needed. "There's no delicate way to ask this, so I'm just going to be blunt." He then looked up towards Sunjata, at least giving the clearly on-edged Attuned the curtesy of looking him in the eyes, allowing steel to meet neon-green, when he asks, "Who really was that 'Kane' at your wedding? I didn't want to question it then, because I felt like you didn't want even more of a scene then. I will be honest now when I say I didn't believe you at that moment, though."
I make no apologies
This is me
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
The griffin pads alongside Sunjata while Neos sneezes, the comment aired loud enough for Sunjata to hear and respond to. “She’s a griffin.” He offers by way of explanation. Haai, on her end, flicks a feather and furry tail out behind her, letting smoke curl around her maw to drift in further toward the offices.

Eventually they make it, though, and Haai settles by the door behind Neos as Sunjata takes his seat, as his wings readjust to better fit around the back of the chair, but he looks ever the picture perfect of guarded calm. It’s only his eyes that harbor that predatory gleam, one that watches Neos in quiet wonder of what the man wanted. It was obvious he wasn’t doing well, given the rumors that he’d gone and beat a member of his council.

But for now, when Neos speaks, he’s met with a blink and a half smirk that crosses his face. “Someone who has the same accent as me. After some digging, he came from the same place as me, hence the surprise.” It’s not a lie, but it isn’t the full truth either. And Sunjata, of all things, has mastered the ability of appearing unphased to those that he doesn’t know.
Neos Rivetter
Explorer/Storyteller

Change author:
Neos
Neos keeps his eyes on Sunjata's as the governor spoke his response, keeping his own expression neutral.

"...I would believe that, if it wasn't for the fact that your reaction..." Neos finally closed his eyes before turning his head downwards towards the ground, a slight wheeze heard as a sudden hitch becomes noticeable in his breath. "I've seen many times before. On the faces of those that had just come face-to-face with something that has dealt them extreme pain."

Even wore it yourself a few times, if I recall.

Neos was glad he was facing downwards, because his lips twisted into a snarl suddenly, despite no sound coming out of him. His expression returned to neutral before looking up towards Sunjata to meet him in the eyes once more.

"Creating the illusion of the public having hatred for you in a public way to make it into reality. The emergence of rumors that certain events happen in a way that makes it near-impossible to disprove, even going as far as making the people directly involved think that the targeted one did the horrible things to them in various potential ways. The execution of those who try to undo whatever web is being woven to make the target's life hell, like I may be risking my own neck doing now willingly."

Neos looked away for a moment, a look clearly saying he was recalling something before turning his attention back towards the other Attuned. "I have seen...all this and more in a different world I've been though before, dealt with an entire organization responsible with subterfuge, manipulation...and erasure from existence if required. And honestly, if I die helping you out of this...welp." Neos' expression shifted to that of a sad smile, eyes half-lidded as he thought over his life. "Dittos normally don't live longer than 3 years due to instability. 27 years makes me ancient compared to that, and it was a very-full life at that."
I make no apologies
This is me
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
He speaks of his reaction and Sunjata keeps his gaze trained on Neos. And to be honest, he had caused irreparable harm to Sunjata both mentally and physically, but the Flood doesn’t admit that. No, he keeps his face neutral, keeps his wings tucked in where they can, keeps his claws easily out and at the ready, unable to keep the edge of that regal tone from his lips.

And how is it that you assume all of this, pray tell?” He rumbles, everything kept even, his gaze not faltering for a second. “It’s Torchline, it’s common ground to hate the authority here and to assume I’ve done nothing.” A shrug at this, as if it were normal.

You seem to assume a lot about me and the events going on right now, when I don’t think you quite grasp it. It’s nothing more than an attempt to try and shove me from my title. Nothing more, nothing less, nor would it be the first time.” Memories of ‘where’s the Governor’ back before the volcano blew and killed the sap anyway, before Remi had taken hold of the land come to mind.

A dark brow raises to Neos as he considers it for a moment, the entirety of what the other Attuned has said. “And if you believe it to be so much of a death sentence coming to speak with me, then why are you here? The problem will be fixed in Flowerbirth when the quest is completed.” He leans in with an easy grin that spreads across his face. “You will find that people don’t seem to offer praise when they are happy but quick to offer criticism over a minor inconvenience.” He withdraws, moves to partially shift his left hand back to his fingers, to reach into a drawer to pull out a journal, detailing a few notable things Sunjata has done for the regional quest, with plans laid out for completion.

Only two steps to go and the anger should subside.
Neos Rivetter
Explorer/Storyteller

Change author:
Neos
Don't be mistaken
Your bloody time's up
"Because he is a fool that plays a 'hero'," is what comes out of his mouth with a higher, slightly twisted version of his voice. Neos' eyes widen as he suddenly covers his mouth, a look of shock and horror on his face as the pupils in his eyes narrow to almost non-existence. He peeled out of the office in his terror, stopping outside and to one side of the door, hands over his face as he planted his back hard against the wall. he was pretty sure the chair he was sitting in went flying, but he didn't have the mind to think about that.

"What the hell was that, Gemini," Neos snarled quietly under his breath, too shocked to keep the thoughts in his head. "I didn't need him knowing I was technically insane."

"How ironically rich, dear counterpart, when you're trying to get what others don't want to part with." One hand then suddenly move on their own, moving them away from his face and around his throat gripping tightly. "Trying to save you from doing yet another something stupid as well, first that 'tussle' with that demigod, now this? Are you trying to have our intertwined lives ended?"

Neos growled loudly to himself before inhaling deeply. He wasn't sure if he should walk into that office to try to get Sunjata to open up enough to let Neos help him in some way or just go after that. He had the feeling, however, that the other in his head might have wrecked shit for him, especially if this gets seen...
This ain't no game
We're not here to entertain you
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
The words that leave Neos do draw the raise of a brow, confusion flickering across his face and breaking through the mask a brief moment before he recovers just in time as Neos flings himself from the seat and departs outside of the office. But regardless of how much the Attuned thinks he’s alone, the griffin remains at the door – ears perked to listen even if none of it makes sense. She can at least see, and that is enough in and of itself.

Sunjata remains, however, seated at his desk – awaiting what might return or depart, pulling out a pack of cigarettes and lighting one with ease, leaning back in his seat and letting his wings flare to stretch out. The wounded one is healed, though there are a few scars that remain from the swelling and the wrapping it had to endure. But at least it was useful now and it gives Sunjata a bit more of a put together appearance.

He draws the cigarette smoke in, exhaling in a quiet plume of smoke (slightly in order to soothe his fears and worries), while Haai remains as a warden at the door. She does peek her head out the door after a moment, Sunjata sending a ping of curiosity of whether or not Neos was still there. It’s confirmed quickly, however, and Sunjata exhales another quiet sigh. “You alright?” He calls out from his office, making no move of getting up just yet. Not until he has to, of course.
Neos Rivetter
Explorer/Storyteller

Change author:
Neos
Don't be mistaken
Your bloody time's up
And curiosity calls the dragon to the lion, Neos heard with a cruel laugh in his head, gritted teeth threatening to break from the pressure. A sharp inhale causes him to wheeze. He didn't know what happened to get him to have occasional moments of wheezing breath, but he knew that it had to be after the other took over during what was about to be a brawl.

"If dealing with you's going to be one of my fights in this world..." Neos left his muttered statement hanging before he lifted his head and turned towards the office door, allowing himself to speak with a slightly louder voice. "...I...I think so...one moment..." Pushing himself off the wall he had been leaning on and momentarily checking to make sure his back didn't leave an imprint in said wall, Neos slowly walked back into the office, the brim of his black hat shielding his eyes as he looked down. He realized walking back in that the chair did end up getting knocked over onto its side, so he righted it before sitting down.

"...sorry, some parts of the past leave lasting...and damaging...impressions," Neos cryptically said, not once raising his head to look Sunjata in the eyes like he was before.
This ain't no game
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
The call from outside the door has Sunjata remaining in place, the picture perfect image of ease and calm despite that predatory edge that underlines everything. Armor plated scales remain along his neck and his shoulders, but his arms remain free, Safrin’s tattoos still on display.

He idly drags on the cigarette as Neos returns, Sunjata eventually leaning forward to flick some ash into the ashtray on his desk as he regards the other attuned, watching Neos’ bowed head. He plants his elbows on the desk as he leans forward, wings flaring along the edges of the chair with the movement. “That’s a common thing here.” He offers with a shrug, flicking a bit more ash into the ashtray.

If that’s all you’ve come to talk to me about then I imagine our business is done?” His gaze remains trained on Neos, a dark brow raising slightly to see if it was all there was.
Neos Rivetter
Explorer/Storyteller

Change author:
Neos
Don't be mistaken
Your bloody time's up
"...I had other...questions..." Neos started to say, his head still bowed, a major flatness in his voice. Fear and self-defeat tried desperately to break into his words, but they could only do so slightly. "Less serious ones...but after that...it may be more prudent to just...just go..." He slowly stood up, eyes staying on the ground the whole while. "...I'm sorry for wasting your time, then." He stepped backwards away until he was just before he was in front of the door to the office.

"I wanted to help in whatever was going on...but I guess that was a stupid endeavor. Goodbye..."

And good riddance to a potential problem.

Neos suddenly tensed up, a muted snarl in his throat which caused himself another coughing fit. The jolt almost caused him to hit himself in the face with the door, since he had just turned the handle to open it when it happened, stunning him in his spot for the moment.
This ain't no game
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
His head tilts at the mention of other questions, ones that were less serious. And perhaps he’d offer Neos to stay and air them — but the Flood has much going on, things to plan and things to understand, that when Neos continues all Sunjata can do is offer that cold and easy smile along his face.

For what it’s worth, even I am not entirely sure what’s going on. But it is my job to handle it. So don’t worry yourself Neos and try to enjoy the rest of LongNight.” Because gods knew it was only a matter of time before the trauma of LongNight spread out one way or another. Might as well enjoy the time you got.

When Neos is at the door, Sunjata nods to Haai who slips between the door and other Attuned, to guide the way. “Haai can show you out.” He rumbles, offering a nod of his head in goodbye even if Neos doesn’t see it.