you're a regular decorated emergency
ADAMMM
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
SUNJATA
Slipping from one of the Advocates rooms back downstairs, Sunjata keeps mostly to himself. There aren’t many out and about, but he tries to avoid the glances from those that might be spending some time in here. After all, the rumor was still out there, it hadn’t been squashed just yet, and frankly Sunjata was too tired to really have to deal with it. LongNight was almost over anyway, and with it?

Hopefully some reprieve, some sun on his face, Nate returning home and the ability to dive into figuring out where Shaju was and going from there. Only… He’s drawn out of his thoughts quite rapidly, feathers flaring along his neck in surprise when he spots quite the familiar face and glances outside the window as he walks through the Slagveld, making sure that he hadn’t missed the sun rising.

He hasn’t, and so his confusion grows. “Adam, hey, that you?” He asks, hopping over toward his friend. “Did… You guys come back early?” He asks tentatively, brows drawn, a question in his gaze in regards to whether or not Adam knew anything of what happened to Nate during LongNight in the Grounds.

(gasp, Adam )
i no longer know if i wish to drown myself
in love, vodka, or the sea
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Adam
Well, he was having a fun little sort of prolonged breakdown, but he still didn't have much to do other than go back to the Advocates. Adam stretched his arms up over his head with a loud sigh as he headed up the path, not expecting to see many people at the dawn hour he was walking at. That was actually a part of Ascending he quite liked, going around at night - made it harder for some things, but it did make him feel cool and mysterious.

Sunjata was one of the few people he didn't actually mind seeing; Adam gave him a casual wave and came to a stop, rocking on his heels as he listened to the questions. "Oh, yeah - We managed to get the fuck outta there. It was bad. ...Didn't Nate tell ya?" He looked about as if expecting to see Sunjata's husband pop up behind his shoulders. "Thought he'd be all over you the second we got back."

Maybe I'm not as dark as I think
Maybe I'm scared to Admit that
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
If Sunjata didn’t know any better, he’d likely comment on Adam’s near breakdown appearance, but he does and so he keeps it quiet, focused intently on the man before him with an avian tilt of his head. “What? No, he isn’t home yet…” He mutters, sure that he would have seen the Ascended on his flight down here, unless they had just gotten back and he’d missed Nate while he spent time with Ronin.

A muscle feathers in his jaw as Adam glances around as if expecting to see the other Ascended, and Sunjata’s feathers remain stiff in their surprise where they sit along his neck and cover his throat. “When did you guys get back? Just now or… Yesterday?” A trip back home to see if he’d missed the homecoming from Nate would be easy enough to confirm, but there’s a hint of sinking suspicion deep in his chest that it might be something more than that.
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

Adam
"Oh. Uh...well, he was with me..." Adam rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. This, in conjunction with the surprise at his afterlife news...he was pretty sure he was witnessing the decay of Sunjata and Nate's marriage, and he really didn't want to be in the middle of that. He knew from his own experiences just how messy divorce drama could be. "But I guess he didn't come home, huh?"

He shuffled on the spot, wondering if he should tell Sunjata all he knew. If Nate was trying to hide from spousal drama, did he really have any right to reveal him? "Last night, yeah. Look, if there's something going on between you two, I don't really want to have to pick sides, so..." Not that he actually knew all that much more anyway; he had hardly been concerned about anyone else once he'd landed back home.

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
Perhaps Sunjata should wait a moment and actually look at Adam before divulging a lot of information off the bat. But it’s clear in his steel gaze that he’s worried, even as he scans Adam for a moment and sees just how damaged he’s returned. “No… Not yet. I could have missed him, though.” In his trek down here to the Slagveld to check up on Ronin.

As for something going on between them? No, his head shakes and he chews on the inside of his cheek. “There’s nothing going on.” Unless that had changed with his time in the Grounds, though Sunjata finds it unlikely. “No… I expected him back when the sun came up but if he was to come back earlier…” He tears a hand through his hair. “He had a run in with Safrin before leaving for the Grounds. I guess I’m just a little worried.” But he would need to go home and make sure that Nate hadn’t arrived while he was out.

So he gives his attention to Adam with a small apologetic smile. “You look rough. You need anything?” A ride to the shrine for some fluid, a bite for a shift to go fuck around in, a hug?
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:

Adam
"...Mhmm." Adam agreed with a lacklustre hum, still worried he was providing evidence that would be used in some kind of bitter spat. If Nate had come home, it seemed weird Sunjata wouldn't notice, especially after something like Longnight; surely Nate would have wanted to let his husband know he wasn't, well, dead?

If not, things had to be really bad. He inwardly cringed.

Hearing that he'd had a run in with Safrin caused Adam's eyebrows to go up. Safrin was hard to please when you weren't Ascended; he couldn't see any visit from Nate going well. "With Safrin? D'ya think she did something to hurt him? He didn't mention anything about that...though we were kinda busy." He chewed the inside of his cheek, thinking over the 'adventure' they'd had in the Labyrinth. "...I guess he might be kinda upset. Something we met out there pretended to be you."

As for himself, though, Adam could only shrug. "I guess it'd be nice to lay down somewhere, but I'm not really gonna relax til I see Pet come back."

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
Why Safrin? Honestly, Sunjata doesn’t know either. But he tries to swallow down his worry as Adam continues, keeping his own lips shut as he chews on the inside of his cheek. “He said he came back feeling wrong.” He offers, tentatively, still unsure of just how wrong it was. “That was right before he left for the Grounds.” And Sunjata had given him his daggers and Flametongue in the hopes that it might better protect his husband in the face of everything else that’s gone on.

And with Nate nowhere to be found? Well, he certainly has no idea whether it had worked.

His brows draw together at the mention of something looking like him that they fought, before he’s sucking in a sharp breath. “Fuck.” He mutters, shaking his head and moving to step aside for Adam. “I’m worried something happened to him when he got back… So I should go and find him.” The shadows in his steel gaze are there when he looks to Adam next. “Do whatever you want with the Slagveld and Advocates in the meantime. And if you hear anything from Nate, please let me know he’s at least okay.” If Adam was concerned about telling him where Nate was, he didn’t have to say. So long as the man knew Nate was okay was good enough for him.

They could figure out the rest of it later.
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:

Adam
"Can't imagine I'd feel right after seeing one of the Old Gods nowadays." Adam pointed out. Even if Safrin hadn't done anything, it would make sense for Nate to feel shaken up; while it was absolutely possible that the star Goddess had done something to him, without a confirmation, it was just speculation.

If Adam did remember Flametongue and the way he'd essentially thrown it into the Labyrinth with gay abandon, he didn't mention it.

He watched Sunjata swear and shrugged helplessly, unable to provide any answers. "Alright, well. I'll keep the door open." He promised with a weak smile, but still privately thinking Nate was probably choosing not to return, walked on past Sunjata without any further promises. A few steps on, he paused and turned just to say: "I do hope he's okay. Come see me if you do find him."

{FIN}