I'm Counting Sheep but Running Out
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Zombeikid Offline
Change author:
MP: 630
Locke

im all for compassion
It's been a minute since he's done anything like this. Longnight is ending soon and people are packing up their ships or partying before they depart. Perfect timing to pilfer something among the chaos and darkness. Honestly, one of his favorite times of year. He's got his sights set on something shiny and worthy of the little goth pet back at the brothel. Maybe. He still hasn't quite untangled his thoughts around her yet.

He probably doesn't need to really. This is more of a personal challenge than something he needs to do. He just wants to see if he can find something he think would be suitable. That's all. Maybe something pretty for himself. With it warming up, he plans on abandoning shirts and he likes to have pretty jewels.

Of course though, that means he's not exactly paying attention to his own surroundings, never a good thing in a shady, dark place like this. But he's got his eye on something shiny and dangly, a chain just hanging out of a woman's pocket. Surely he can snatch it before she notices it gone.
but not on my dime
Rigby Arcara
Street Urchin

Age: 25 | Height: 6' 1" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Chachy Offline
Change author:
MP: 1615
i'm really not so with you anymore
Locke isn't the only thief on the docks today.

Or tonight, whatever time brooded beyond their bubble of darkness. Rigby was far more active this week, a lot more present among the city and bustling areas than he usually would be. People didn't seem as friendly during this week, they were used to the ruffians and thieves coming out in the dark, and the kind and sincere would hide away.

This suit him just fine, the street rat slipping through the crowds of those that'd strayed from the parties at the beach. One last day, one last night, the stars would be back tomorrow. The stars and their baroness, and all the other gods too. He kept a low profile, shoulder's slouched and eyes darting about as he searched for something worth his while.

A golden glimmer against the torch light pulled his attention, and the shadow changed his direction. He walked just past the woman, practiced fingers slipping into the pocket and carefully lifting the chain. He stuffed it up his sleeve, and continued on, unaware of anyone else who might've seen.
i'm just a ghost
RIGBY
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Locke

im all for compassion
Locke is about to grab it when some other fucking fuck takes it. Hey! That was.. his! Or it was going to be. Scrawny little brat taking his fucking.. Locke growls softly to himself, straightening up to follow the other man. He alternates between clenching his jaw and his fists, trying to keep from just.. You know, attacking someone in public? It wouldn't be the first time he's done it but maybe he's turning over a new leaf, or at least waiting until they're away from the crowd. The last thing Locke needs is to deck an old lady on accident or something.

Once they're sufficiently far enough from the bulk of the crowd, he picks up his pace. "Looks like you've got something of mine. Best if you hand it over." Voice is low, as he bumps against Rigby's side, making his way to stand in front of him. The picture of intimidating, or that's what he's hoping for. He holds one hand out, clear indentations from his nails where he was clenching them so tightly.

"Now."
but not on my dime
Rigby Arcara
Street Urchin

Age: 25 | Height: 6' 1" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Rigby noticed the man walking up behind him, following him, just a moment too late. He stumbled to a halt, having walked himself somewhere more private, more likely to get mugged by the brutes and thugs he'd grown up with. This one now seemed to think that the chain was his, but didn't he know about finder's keepers?

Rigby was only a bit shorter than the man, but he'd never really been anything as far as muscles went. That didn't stop him from frowning, stepping back, and sneering, "Hand what over?" He raised his hands, black tied sleeves covering where he'd snaked the chain around his wrist.
i'm just a ghost
RIGBY
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
Locke

im all for compassion
He clicked his tongue, pouting, "Aww c'mon. You know what I'm talking 'bout. Pretty little gold chain. Was mine. Getting for a friend you know. She's gonna be real upset if I don't give it to her." He'd feel worse if this wasn't how this game worked. Admittedly he's trying to take something that someone already stole. But hey, it's fine. He shrugs, folding his arms across his chest.

"I mean, if you don't wanna give it over, I'm sure you've got something she'd like." Would it be overkill to crack his knuckles? Probably! He does it anyway because he's really just acting at this point. He wants the chain of course, it was perfect for what he had in mind but he could find something else. BUT this is already started and he's kind of annoyed with the apatheticness of this kid.
but not on my dime
Rigby Arcara
Street Urchin

Change author:
The pouting, the little show that the brute put on to intimidate; Rigby had seen it all before. He knew that if he pushed the right buttons he could end the act and press this into something far more real, something dangerous. He wasn't sure if he wanted that now, to annoy to the point of violence, or to give over the trinket. For now it was safe, the man was still acting, still cocky, and the cocky ones always took a little coaxing.

"I don't have anything, sorry," he replied in his gravely tone, turning his empty pockets inside out for good measure. They could both be players, Rigby was always keen to the game.
i'm just a ghost
RIGBY
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
Locke

im all for compassion
The pout turns into pursed lips and Locke narrows his eyes. He's getting tired of this. "Look, I saw you take it and you're going to give it to me or I am going to take it from you, okay?" His voice is low, almost a whisper as he takes a step closer. Would it really be so bad to punch this kid? Probably. But Locke isn't worried so much more about being bad.

Then again, he's feeling maybe generous. "How's 'bout this.. You give me the chain, that I saw you take.. And I'll give you.. somethin' else?" He's got all kinds of shit he's stolen since he's been here. Mostly little trinkets and things. Nothing quite worth the price of the golden chain but he might be able to fake the value of something. It's not his strongest skill set but it's fine.

"Or.. I'll just take it By force. Mkay?"
but not on my dime
Rigby Arcara
Street Urchin

Change author:
This guy was persistent, different from most Torcher thugs only in that he hadn't socked Rigby yet. The boy stepped back when the man stepped forward, an indignant smirk still dimpling his cheeks. The threat was empty until he proved he meant business so Rigby just stayed quiet, infuriatingly so. He remains that way until something else is proposed. Interestingly enough, the guy wants to trade?

Rigby cocked his head slightly, eyes narrowing as he looked the other up and down, "Like what?" he asked, curious, but not expecting anything. This was likely a ploy, a trick to get him to pull the chain back from it's hiding place. A dark alley in Torchline was no place for honest dealing. Once again the next threat was ignored, the boy's interest was piqued at the prospect of something in return, or at least something new.
i'm just a ghost
RIGBY
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
i don't mind compassion
Oh don't worry Rigby, he's thought very much about socking you. Maybe later. Or next time. Surely there will be a next time. But it seems the offer of something in exchange has caught his attention and as much as Locke likes fighting, he'd rather not. Can only get your nose broken so many times after all.

"Well, I've got this pretty ring. Or, if you'd rather something more worth your time, can call me up for a favor. I've got some connections and things." Who doesn't in Torchline? Like really. But it's always good to expand your network. "Pretty well versed in lots of things. You know, fighting, lifting heavy shit, acquiring goods in general. Could be useful. I have some fun skills too." The last part is punctuated with a wink because of course it is. Really, offering favors can be pretty dangerous. But Locke likes danger as much as the next dumbass.

But he holds up the ring anyway. In the dim light, it would appear golden, shiny, with a red gem embedded in the top. A pretty thing indeed. "Doesn't fit my lady quite as well as that necklace would. I'm sure you understand."
just not on my dime
LOCKE
Rigby Arcara
Street Urchin

Change author:
A 'pretty ring' was pretty yes, but it wasn't worth what the chain was. It was amusing, hearing what the other was willing to offer to avoid using force. Seemed too kind, and that was something Rigby knew how to take advantage of.

It was probably a bad idea, in fact it definitely was a bad idea. But who gives a fuck?

His eyes went wide, the most realistic fear he could muster in a moment. He looked right beyond Locke's shoulder, pointed as though there was something there, then the moment the ruffian's eyes averted he snatched the ring in the out stretched hand. In a flurry of movement he stumbled back and out of the alley, running and hoping to lose the man in the dark or the crowds.
i'm just a ghost
RIGBY
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
Locke

im all for compassion
The second the ring is snatched out of his hand, he's beyond pissed. He was trying to be good. Trying to not be a dick. Clearly that was a bad idea. The ring isn't even worth anything. It's a cheap plated metal and the gem is glass. It looks real in the dim light but if Rigby took a moment to look at it properly, he'd see it was fake. No, Locke's pissed because this fucker had the audacity to try to play him. (As if he wasn't doing the same. Locke doesn't live by the golden rule.)

"You little shit." It's barely even a growl as he takes off after Rigby. It helps that the younger man is also pretty tall, he's easy enough to spot among the crowds. Locke definitely shoves people out of his way to get to him. When he does finally reach him, he lunges forward, hoping to tackle him.
but not on my dime
Rigby Arcara
Street Urchin

Change author:
Rigby didn't really want the ring anyway, he knew glass from gemstone, and could tell the other was trying to dupe him. Maybe that was why he'd decided to go rogue, or maybe he'd just wanted a thrill, a fight, maybe a little pain to keep him grounded.

But it was the escape he most craved, to watch his pursuer fall behind and curse his dust. He slipped through the crowd, a ghost in between the bustling streets. His height did betray him here, but he noticed the surprised yelps and shoved people and was able to recognize Locke. Just as the other man launched himself forward, Rigby ducked to the right, into a different alley and aiming for a fence.

He started to climb it, a grin on his face, breathing fast and hard. God he loved the excitement like this, not knowing whether or not he'd win or lose. If Locke were to get him it'd have to be now, before he disappeared behind the wall and slipped away into the shadows with his trophies.
i'm just a ghost
RIGBY
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
Locke

im all for compassion
This would be fun if he wasn't pissed. Instead it's well.. He's kind of used to this feeling. Usually he's on the being chased end so it's kinda nice. Except he misses his grab, slamming into some poor vendor's booth and knocking stuff off of it. He'll.. fix it later or something. Rigby ducks down an alley and Locke follows after him.

He's trying to hop a fence now and that should slow him down, giving Locke time to grab him again. He once again tries to grab Rigby, this time aiming for a leg. He's not above fighting dirty. Actually he's all about fighting dirty. If he manages to get him down, he'd push him against the fence and maybe even take a swing at him.
but not on my dime
Rigby Arcara
Street Urchin

Change author:
And he's so close to winning, just about to swing his leg over the top and drop to the ground on the other side.

But then there's a hand on his shirt, and he's wrenched away from sweet victory. If not for the steady hold he would've stumbled and fallen, but Locke's got other plans. Rigby laughed, familiar with the swing that would follow, the bruise that would form. This he knew, this he understood. It was all part of the stupid game he'd played, ever since he'd snatched his first bauble.

His back hit the fence hard, he glared up at Locke with a ferocious snarl.
i'm just a ghost
RIGBY