on the heels of high tide
Nate
Shaju Senzaok
Gangster

Age: 59 | Height: 6'3 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: N/A - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
oceans rise, empires fall, we have seen each other through it all
First sunlight in Flowerbirth, and Shaju comes to say hello.

He has chosen this place especially for Nate; a natural cavern which floods with every rise and fall of the tide, a cavern which has cracked along the curved ceiling to let light splinter and beam down into it when the sun is up. Into the far wall, chains have been set - not long enough to allow the Ascended to float up and escape through one of the cracks, oh no - but enough to see the world above. Infuriating, he's sure.

The tide is low now, as he strolls through Rae's Fingers to visit. The most recent low tide; there have been a few over the past few days and nights, and Nate will be well accustomed to their comings and goings by now. When he arrives, Shaju merely stands, his hands behind his back, expectant.

Expectant for what? That's for him to know, and for Nate to try and find out.
SHAJU
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
// i know you'd never leave me behind, but i am lost this time
are we destined to burn, or will we last the night? //
There’s a lot of fight in Nate, even beaten down as he was, even after being in this hellish cave for days. It had to be days, didn’t it? The tide had come in, brought him teasingly close to escape more than once now. And even still, he had the strength to thrash and shift when the first rays of the sun began to bear down on him, more of an irritation than anything else, for now.

Not unlike the footsteps that creep closer before stopping.

All at once, Nate is on his feet, straining at the shackles and starting a new flow of fluid where they bite into his wrists and open barely healed lacerations from his first day. The snarl on his face is almost animalistic, but the fire burning in his eyes is uniquely human, filled with hate for the thing that he’s sure has the audacity to call itself a man standing before him.

He might not have the sense for words, but he does have enough to spit at Shaju, aiming for his face and hoping to reach at least his feet.
NATE
Shaju Senzaok
Gangster

Age: 59 | Height: 6'3 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Nate does reach Shaju's feet, though he doesn't respond to the Ascended in any way that suggests he's managed to get under his skin. On the contrary - he's not even close. "Are you quite finished?" he inquires, leaving it for a long few moments before speaking, just to ensure that Nate has worn himself out on his chains, on the initial flurry of excitement with his arrival.

"Longnight is over and the sun is up. You might find your stay becomes more uncomfortable now, if what they say about your kind is true." With a quiet smirk, he begins a slow pacing around the cavern, never drawing close enough to be within reach. Shaju is far from stupid. "If you are lucky, someone will come to find you."
SHAJU
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
// i know you'd never leave me behind, but i am lost this time
are we destined to burn, or will we last the night? //
No reaction is even more infuriating than retaliation. His voice is hoarse, dry in a way it hasn’t been since he’d been sick. ”Fuck you.” He’s not done, not even close, but he’s clever enough to try and conserve his energy. To fall into a statue stillness, pulled to the very limits of his bindings.

Sharp eyes follow the meandering path Shaju takes, Nate trying to focus more on the man before him and not the sun beating down on him. The less he thinks about it, the better, but his shoulders still shift as if trying to throw off the weight of the light. ”You think I won’t be lucky, huh?” He doesn’t know what the end goal is here, except pain, and he’s already embroiled in it, already causing it he’s sure.
NATE
Shaju Senzaok
Gangster

Change author:
The curse, like the disrespect, is taken with the sort of infuriating indifference of the overly confident. Shaju pauses just beyond Nate's peripheral vision, in such a way that the Ascended will have to twist and briefly look into the sun in order to keep him in view. "On the contrary," he murmurs, "I count on you being lucky. This would be much less boring if you weren't."

Little does Shaju know, of course, that soon enough the boy is going to put up a notice that will ramp up the timescale of the brewing confrontation. That there will be no further games of cat and mouse, that these few days of capture and torture is all he's going to get from Nate. Luckily, though, he doesn't plan to waste even one second of it.

~FIN
SHAJU