(se) i finally dig myself again
Aisha Khai
Swordmaster / Deepfrost Shield / Guildmaster

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chachy Offline
Change author:
MP: 1615
AISHA
No more Deepfrost for Aisha meant no more curse. No more curse meant she would spend the whole first day basking in the sun and the warmth of every hearth she could find. To feel the heat against her reddened fingertips, coaxing fluidity back into her joints and making her energized. She reveled in it, and then got right back to work.

Even with her sickness and the endless chill, she'd carried on. Planning, training with what energy she had, and doing more reading than she'd ever done. On monsters and spirits, the beasts she hoped to unite a guild around in Halo. She'd even begun scouting the citadel for a place to set up, should her project get that far.

But today she worked on other duties. Being a Shield had so far meant doing a lot of general aid, no imminent thread had the idle soldiers ripe to be assigned to other tasks. After a reasonable amount of negotiation she got sent to work on a less snow covered area, an easier route to shovel. She was still overcoming her recent affliction after all, too much work would be boring tire her more than she was.

And so the leopardess brought with her shovel and wheelbarrow, tied her hair up in a messy bun with her golden ribbon, and set to work with some others who'd flooded the streets to help. Remove the snow, clear the roads, dig the city out of it's arctic trench.
sinks through her teeth
she's not evil
this is chaos manmade
Belril Sylminar
Alchemist

Age: 22 | Height: 5'3" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Tesability Offline
Change author:
MP: 360
Belril
Every day's a challenge
But I always seem to get through
Almost time to get back to what passes for a home for him in the Hollowed Grounds, Belril figured as he readied himself to leave behind Halo until the next year came. He saw as many people began doing various tasks around the Citadel, especially with moving the snow that kept them all effectively trapped within the walls for the whole season. A small smile crossed his face as he wondered how he could help make such mundane tasks finish faster, especially since his own magic seemed to focus on preservation than any form of shaping or destruction.

As he traversed the streets, many viewing him as just the slightest bit too young and scrawny to help, brown eyes found sight of someone familiar among the many that were working on the town's overall self-excavation. "Aisha!" Belril shouted as he ran up to the swordslady. "How are you? Need any help?" He looked over towards all the work being done, a small grimace on his face. "Don't know how much I can help with, but I can at least help ease any exhaustion from doing so in bursts..."
Each day's a balancing act
Of good and bad events
Aisha Khai

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
AISHA
The woman had settled into a rhythm, piling the snow up, then shoveling it into the wheelbarrows for another person to cart away. Occasionally she'd switch to wheelbarrow duty, when her arm muscles burned and longed to give the work off to her legs. But she preferred shoveling, the sweat she worked up from it was so satisfying, partly because she could actually feel the heat.

She had just sent a fellow soldier on their way with a barrel full of mucky snow when her name was chirped from nearby. She turned her head to find Belril, the kid from the grounds who had come here for Deepfrost. Smart of him, as a natural she certainly didn't have to tell him anything about longnight. If only everyone in the grounds would up and leave for the week, she wouldn't have to sulk over not being there to help, or panic over what might be lost.

She promised herself as soon as her duties here were finished that she'd return to the grounds for a bit to help clean up the wreckage. Reminding herself of that, she welcomed any help she could get now, for she was anxious to get the homecoming over with. She grimaced as well, having both things to be joyous for, and a nagging fear in her mind.

"Help sounds great, think you can handle a shovel?" she teased, jogging over to grab one from the pile of tools that congregated to the side of the path, then holding it out for him to take.
sinks through her teeth
she's not evil
this is chaos manmade
Belril Sylminar
Alchemist

Age: 22 | Height: 5'3" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Belril
Every day's a challenge
"Somewhat," he said before taking the shovel. "I had entire gardens out in the wilds of the fields. A family agreed to take care of them while I was away, though, since they insisted on staying behind." He wanted to so badly check on them after so long, he did put so much effort into growing miniature versions of fruit-bearing trees that he was proud of, after all. Shovel heavy in his hands, he shifted it to over his shoulder for the moment. "Any specific areas you need help with," he asked, a slight frown on his face.

Aisha wasn't the only one nervous about returning back to the Hollowed Grounds, he was too. He had no idea what he would be returning to, only that he had to be gone before LongNight came to avoid a potentially-fatal end. "Also...you alright? Did I do something to earn that grimace," he questioned, the frown twisting into concern.
Of good and bad events
Aisha Khai

Change author:
AISHA
Farming and gardening had never really been her strong suit, she'd tried last Flowerbirth with Oliver to rejuvenate some crops, but it hadn't been her cup of tea. At least there were some who favored the task, it was harrowing work, and extremely necessary. She wondered briefly if Belril knew Chulane, the Halovian keeper of agriculture. He might entice the boy, keep him away from the desolation that the grounds promised.

"Just start moving it into a pile that will be easy to load into the wheelbarrow when he's back," she replied, digging back in, keen to finish and move on. His words tore her from her thoughts, mention of a grimace that she wasn't aware of making. "Oh, no, sorry. I'm all good cutie don't worry 'bout me," she replied, replacing any thoughtfulness with a smile. And it was genuine enough to block out to stress, to land her back in the present moment.

Curse free, among friendly faces, and safe.
sinks through her teeth
she's not evil
this is chaos manmade
Belril Sylminar
Alchemist

Change author:
Belril
Every day's a challenge
A small frown appeared on Belril's face, silent for a few moments before assuming it was 'adult stuff' that was bothering Aisha. "I think I can do that," Belril said before moving with the shovel to begin moving the snow into a pile on one side that could be moved by wheelbarrow. Hopefully, the snow around the portal will at least be parted enough for people to leave and enter once more, he figured, as he began to work up a small sweat.

"...what do you think we'll see once we get back?" he finally asked after a few piles of snow was made by shoveling. "Do you think everyone survived?" He then lifted his gaze towards Aisha, stopping the work for a moment to focus his eyes on her. He was admittedly worried, and it was probably clear on his face, but at the same time...he was also hopeful. Hopeful that this was the last time the Hollowed Grounds had to deal with the nightmare that had apparently plagued the lands, as far as Belril heard.
Of good and bad events
Aisha Khai

Change author:
AISHA
Aisha grinned as Belril launched into his task, helping Aisha gather the snow from the path. She forked her own shovel deep into a compacted pile, wrenching up up to exposed the cobbled road below. Satisfaction in doing the job well, she wiped a bit of sweat from her brow. She hadn't felt the heat like this in a month, even in the frigid climate she felt warmer than ever.

After a while the healer spoke up again, his question took the smile from her lips. "I'm sure it won't be good," she replied, realistic and to the point. She couldn't claim to know the damage, but she certainly didn't expect everything to be neat and tidy. His other question was even trickier, for no, frankly she didn't think everyone survived. There was always hope, but they'd just have to wait and see. For now she settled with, "Maybe," for that gave truth to both sides. Whatever the loss, Aisha hoped that they'd at least accomplished the quest.

The Shield returned with the wheelbarrow, waving the workers over. The leopardess began to move the snow again, this time from their pile into the transport. "What are your plans for the season Belril?" she chirped, hoping to alter the subject to something less morose.
sinks through her teeth
she's not evil
this is chaos manmade
Belril Sylminar
Alchemist

Change author:
Belril
Every day's a challenge
He listened to the responses given, the sinking feeling in his stomach magnified as each word was said while returning to shoveling. "...as long as everyone's alive, we can help everyone recover as best as we can. Buildings can be rebuilt, but lives can't come back once gone." He stops for a moment, looking down before saying, "even the ones brought back by the Voice...each one likely left something behind about themselves when coming back to life."

The question about his plans for the season, however, had him fully stop, shovelhead buried into the snow as he looked down towards the ground. "...honestly, I don't know," he finally says after a minute of thinking. "I kind of live day by day, admittedly."
Of good and bad events
Aisha Khai

Change author:
AISHA
Aisha gave a bittersweet smile in response to his sentiment, his hopefulness was endearing, and in a way encouraging. She had never been a complete optimist, but how nice it would be to have such an outlook. She admired that about the youth, glancing his way before returning to the work. "We will," she replied, and that was the truth. No matter what'd happened, she would at least be there to help them heal.

Once upon a time Aisha might've said the same, starting a new life in Caido had been one surprise after another. She'd never expected anything, because everything could change, it had changed. Now though, she had plans, she had connections, and the course of her days seemed so full and scheduled. Not in a bad way, her plans were an amalgam of ambition and vigor, accounting for times of lull. How very mature of her.

Aisha dumped the last of their current pile in the worker's wheelbarrow and sent him on his way with a pat to his back. Her attention shifted back to Belril as she walked them further down the path to collect more snow, "I like that, it's good. Keep you on your toes huh?" she said playfully.
sinks through her teeth
she's not evil
this is chaos manmade
Belril Sylminar
Alchemist

Change author:
Belril
Every day's a challenge
"It sometimes gets monotonous, though," he admitted. "At the same time, it feels like I'm one of the few non-Ascended in the Grounds. And I can only really provide what someone who isn't an Ascended needs to survive with food and maybe the occasional resources."

He then tugs on the grey robes he's using to stay warm under, a nervous look on his face as he glances towards the direction of the Portal, momentarily misreading the situation as her finishing the task instead of continuing on elsewhere. "I...I guess I'll see you later at the Grounds, then. Hopefully, everything isn't too bad off when I get back."

He took a few steps away before turning back around to face Aisha. "Um, what plans did you have in mind for the season?"
Of good and bad events
Aisha Khai

Change author:
AISHA
Belril's mention of all the ascended in the grounds brought a faint darkness to her eyes, narrowed as they focused on the white glare from the snow. When she'd arrived in Caido little more than a year ago the grounds had been fairly diverse. The looming war was forcing sides, instilling boundaries and separating everyday people and devout ones alike. She'd hoped to start her new life somewhere without that tension, Halo seeming rather neutral, but how long would it be before the gods came here, spilling their angers upon the arctic city?

"I'm sure plenty of people there need what you got, I mean, I wouldn't mind if you snuck some of it up here every now and then. We're seriously lacking in fresh fruit," her reply retained the general good nature that she wanted today, pressing aside any thoughts of warfare and bloodshed.

They continued on until Belril started to step away, preparing to leave perhaps. She wouldn't stop him, unlike her he wasn't assigned this task and expected to complete it. She reached for his shovel, stacking it next to her own as she looked to him for his goodbyes. "I'm starting a guild here in Halo, you'll be welcome to stop by anytime," she said, smiling softly.
sinks through her teeth
she's not evil
this is chaos manmade
Belril Sylminar
Alchemist

Change author:
Belril
Every day's a challenge
"Guild?" This had Belril stopping and turning back around towards her, curiosity clear on his face. "What kind of guild?"

If he was honest with himself? He was nervous about being part of anything, guild, council or anything along those lines. Just surviving took up all of his time, so he had no idea how he could help with...well, much of anything.

Didn't help that there's many people that would look at him like the kid he still was and set him aside. He shook his head slightly after realizing that he had shifted his gaze down unprompted, hoping to clear that train of thoughts from his head for the moment.
Of good and bad events
Aisha Khai

Change author:
AISHA
The boy might've been poised to leave, but he was a curious one. The mention of her guild brought him back, Aisha couldn't help but grin at his turn around, his intrigue was refreshing. She paused in her task to give him more details, leaned against the top of her shovel, "A monster hunter's guild, for people interested in learning about the supernatural, and those who want to protect against them."

She quirked a brow, "Like I said, you'll be welcome to meet us in our guild hall to use our resources, or if you just wanna catch up."
sinks through her teeth
she's not evil
this is chaos manmade
Belril Sylminar
Alchemist

Change author:
Belril
Every day's a challenge
And a frown appeared on his face. "I...don't know how helpful I'd be to such a guild," he admitted sadly. "I can't really fight for myself. All I can really do is hide." And heal myself, but I don't need to bring that up.

Backing up a little bit, he glanced back towards the direction of the portal before returning his gaze towards her. "Also, I have to check on my gardens to see if they're alright. It's been a whole season since I last tended to them..."

He kept getting the unfortunate feeling that something happened to them...and the place he moved those gardens to, but he tried to shake that train of thought out of his head for now.
Of good and bad events