{SE} You Keep it Copacetic
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Zombeikid Offline
Change author:
MP: 630
i don't mind compassion
"S'fair I guess. I usually hunker down by myself but I guess it could be nice to be around other people." If you are literally anyone besides Locke. He doesn't like groups of people. Less so when they're trying to take things from him. He's the one that does all the taking. Speaking of, he takes the wicks the shopkeeper hands him, tucking them into the basket.

And then she's ignoring him. He's not sure why it stings but it does. Maybe he just likes her company. Outside of the shop she's a lot less quick to be nice and he'll admit that he kind of likes it. Plus he can't say he doesn't like the sound of his name on her lips. For another time though! He's got a new goal.

"It is very much always the answer, Kitten." He clicks his tongue when she raises her eyebrow at him. "Aww, you kept them? Figured you threw that kind of shit out the second the guy left. Cute. Starting to think you want me to come back.. You a little curious if what I said was true? Hmm?"
just not on my dime
LOCKE
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
I don't trust nobody
Maeve rolls her neck, rubbing at the back of it with a slight wince. She's still sore as fuck after everything that happened. She wants to rest, but there are things that need to be done. Resting can come later. "It isn't for everyone,' is all she gives him in return, lifting a candle and bringing it to her nose. Which wrinkles at the smell and she quickly sets it back down.

She's content to mostly ignore him while they wait, only glancing at him occasionally from the corner of her eye. Especially since he told her he's not going to come back. Here she was thinking they had gotten on pretty well. Maeve is still considering this when he starts to talk again. The use of the pet name makes her brows rise and she turns to face him quickly, gritting her teeth, "What did you just call me?" She huffs, not yet moving away from the candle stand. No, this is more important at the moment.

"You said you were going to come back. That you wanted to play again. I don't get rid of things once I start working with someone. Besides, they were nice cards. I mean, a little cheap, but they did their job." He keeps talking and her expression of surprise shifts into a bit of a glare. She is really not in the mood for bullshit. She's dealt with enough recently. "So far you've only proved that you're good at talking shit. Doesn't take any talent to do that."
and nobody trusts me

Maeve
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
i don't mind compassion
And here he was thinking things were going kind of okay between the two of them. Guess not!  And he's only playing of course, well, maybe not but still. He didn't want to upset her. But her reaction is kinda.. nice in a weird fucked up way. She does want him to come back. Even if it's just to play cards and she really did keep them. Would make him feel warm and fuzzy inside if their interactions weren't bought and sold.

"Pretty sure I called you Kitten. Seems pretty appropriate. Small. Quick to hiss. Kitten." And yet he keeps digging himself a deeper hole. Maybe he's a little pissed off about the whole thing himself. He's not sure why and he doesn't care to figure it out. Locke rolls his eyes, taking another roll of wicks the vendor gives him.

His eyes narrow just slightly, jaw clenching just a bit, the only things really giving away how he feels before he rolls his eyes. "I'll make you a deal, Maeve." He draws her name out, making a point of saying each syllable slowly, clearly. "I'll come back, I'll pay you. And instead of doing what I want, we'll do what you want. Okay? Just cards? Sex? Make me clean the floor? Whatever you want. But-" There's always a but, isn't there?

"We gotta finish this damn shopping."
just not on my dime
LOCKE
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
I don't trust nobody
It's the stress. The stress of the impending storms. The stress from what happened. The fact that she hasn't really talked to anyone about it besides Phoebe. None of her usual costumers knew anything besides that 'she was sick'. Not missing. Never say missing. Maeve takes a breath, closing her eyes for a second as she tries hard not to scratch back. She doesn't want to fight with him. He's nice for the most part. Nice enough. A little cocky and sort of an ass, but it's more annoying than anything.

"You don't get to call me names outside of work, Locke." Even if she did kind of like it. Maeve looks down at her list, wanting to focus back on the task at hand, but he's still going. She looks over at him, eyes running over his face and taking in the way his jaw seems to tick. It's subtle, but enough for her to see that he's just as irritated. "Fine. Deal."

She extends her hand to him, waiting for him to shake it and seal their little arrangement.
and nobody trusts me

Maeve
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
i don't mind compassion
He thinks he's figured out what's annoying him but he probably shouldn't press more. He takes her hand, before sliding his hand up her wrist and pulling her closer. He leans down, just a few inches away from her ear. "Don't go breaking deals with me, okay, Kitten." It's barely a whisper before he leans back, taking the basket and taking long strides to the next place.

Why it bothers him so much that she keeps putting this stupid work barrier between them, he doesn't know. It's not like he hasn't lied about parts of himself. It's not like he isn't also playing some kind of role. He has no right to act so offended. But then again, he's been a lot more open with her than with anyone else.. Is it wrong to expect the same.

He doesn't think about it! Instead he makes his way over to the next stand, spinning on his heels and waiting for her like an obedient little dog.
just not on my dime
LOCKE
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
I don't trust nobody
Maeve just expects him to shake her hand and leave it at that. Except his fingers suddenly wrap tightly around her wrist and yank her forward until she's almost flush with him. Her sore muscles groan in protest even as her eyes go wide and her breath leaves her in a rush. Instantly her heart is racing, beating a staccato against her ribs as he leans down to press his lips close to her ear. She's frozen in place, brain scrambling to catch up with what is happening. Maeve barely has time to respond with a soft, "Okay." Then he's pulling away and moving on like nothing happened.

Well that makes things a bit more complicated. Her cheeks are flushed pink and she ducks her head down for a moment, willing her heart to slow down as she presses forward towards the next stand. It's the front for the apothecary and she's quick to focus on the task at hand, hoping it'll distract her enough that she can get her thoughts together.

It isn't that she doesn't think Locke is handsome. She does. It isn't that she's not interested either. She is. Even though she doesn't know him all that well. She just doesn't know how to handle people outside of the brothel. Especially when they came into the brothel first. How does that even work?
and nobody trusts me

Maeve
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
i don't mind compassion
He leans against the stand, content to say nothing while she does her ordering. Things feel weird and heavy and it's entirely his fault. But it will be fine. He's only gotta go to the brothel once. Doesn't ever have to see her again. While they're waiting, he spots something out of the corner of his eye and he makes a little noise of interest.

"One sec, Maeve. Be right back." There's a little booth selling various things to prepare. He spots some herbs and picks them up, turning them over in his hands before handing the woman a small gem and tucking it into the basket. "Lavender. For tea. Always heard it helps calm nerves. You can have this one on me."
just not on my dime
LOCKE
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
I don't trust nobody
She just wants to go back to home and rest at this point. Her whole body aches and the sun is sapping what little energy she's regained since being back. Thankfully, they're almost done and the apothecary can actually give her the sleeping draughts which is a relief. She really didn't want to go back out to the Wilds. Maeve is lost in thought, zoning out for a moment before his voice cuts through the fog in her head. She looks over at him and nods, offering a small smile.

When he comes back she's just being handed the carefully wrapped package of vials and she slips them into the basket. Surprise colors her features and this earns him another smile. A soft one that curls gently on her lips as she runs a finger over one of the sprigs of lavender. "Lavender is my favorite... Thank you. That's very kind." It's the first thing he's given her without any strings attached. That means something.

Maeve falls quiet for a moment before she draws her hand back, looking down at her list and clearing her throat, "That's pretty much everything for now... I appreciate the help. I can.. I can manage from here. I'm sure you have other things you need to do." Her teeth find her bottom lip as she glances up at him from beneath her lashes, nerves suddenly twisting in her belly.
and nobody trusts me

Maeve
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
i don't mind compassion
Lavender is her favorite? Why does he care. Ha. Ignore him tucking that way into the back of his mind for.. Later or something. The smile she gives him is soft though and he can't help but return it. See, he's not always a dick. Just most of the time. He lets her take the basket and gives her a tiny wave.

"No worries. Stay safe, okay? I'm sure I'll see you around." Of course he will. They've got their little backwards fucked up date at the brothel. He'll probably wait for a bit though, he needs to sort things out in his own head before dealing with whatever that will end up being.

Time to go con someone into letting him help them in exchange for some kind of favor or whatever. He might just go.. lay on the beach for awhile. That sounds good. He's not in the mood for people anymore.

--FIN--
just not on my dime
LOCKE