my beautiful house, my beautiful neron
for Neron
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
I might only have one match, but I can make an explosion
Morgan's time in the Grounds had been...interesting, to say the least. She'd seen a mission quite different from the one she had imagined she'd be helping in; the Ascended had been disorganised, weak, hardly able to take on the fight they'd picked. For the most part they had survived, but she wasn't sure it could be called a victory. She had come away with some troubling impressions of the capabilities there, but they all had bad turns - she hoped it had just been an unfortunate series of accidents.

Neron had been separated from her almost instantly when the fighting began, which had made the entire thing more stressful; she'd gone there to make sure he lived, after all, and hadn't been able to. With their relationship being the secret it was, Morgan had not asked anyone about him after the sun came back up, had just gone back to Halo and hoped she would see him there.

Hopefully, if he was dead (though she felt like he'd refuse to die in such a boring, predictable way), she'd find out. Heading up the stairs towards her bedroom for a much needed rest, she wondered if anyone would even know to tell her. Would she even know he was dead unless she went back to the Grounds to find out herself?
Morgan
Base Code by Sky!
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Age: 29 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 23 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
NERON
the hailstorm
Neron's not dead, no.

But he is exhausted in a way that seems almost impossible for an Ascended, and even though his injuries and every mark on his body was wiped away with the return of the sun, that fatigue is still present.

And maybe he's being a little bit cheeky, or maybe he's just missed the scent and feel of the Warden around him, but upon returning to Halo, knowing nothing about whether Morgan's alive or dead, he's sequestered himself up in her rooms to see what comes of it.

So that's where she'll find him, when she steps inside. The curtains are drawn tight to keep the light out, and the Hailstorm is settled very comfortably in Morgan's bed beneath the blankets, his mop of fair hair just as tousled as if he'd really been fast asleep. He's not, of course, and he blearily gazes over at her as the door opens.

"Surprise." He smiles.
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
When she opened her door to see a person in her bed, Morgan was for a second alarmed; it didn't take too long for her to recognise the colour of the hair though and she relaxed, laughing and rolling her eyes at his welcome. Automatically, her body knowing she needed the rest, she shrugged off her cloak, kicked off her boots then went to kneel on the side of the bed, then lay down before him and press her face close into his shoulder.

Professional behaviour for Warden and Spymaster, perhaps not, but she desperately needed a moment to just be unguarded; her hands would, if Neron's arms were not already around her, very firmly drag them to be.

"I'm glad to see you aren't dead. When we were separated, I was concerned." She mumbled, somewhere by his chest. "I can only hope your part of the proceedings went better than mine." Remembering belatedly, she reached behind her with a lazy hand to knock the lock closed with her telekinesis, then leaned back into Neron. "Tell me what happened."
Morgan
Base Code by Sky!
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Age: 29 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
NERON
the hailstorm
"Mm, and I'm glad you aren't either." Neron of course acquiesces, lifting the blankets so he can wrap his arms around Morgan and cocoon them in the sort of warmth and comfort that's only usually afforded too everyday couples. Certainly not for the recently returned Warden and her secret Spymaster boyfriend. Leaning his cheek against the top of her head, the Ascended's eyes close again. He might not be able to sleep, but he's certainly rested here - and he plans to be for some time.

Still, a low grumble leaves his throat as he's asked what happened, Neron huffing and drawing her closer. "Gods, where to begin..." But he does tell her, all of it - their appearance at the outskirts; the swathes of monsters and the leader of them all; Wessex and the Eirachi's magic; Pet and Edy dying; everything from there. "Your turn," he mutters.
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:
Romantic, that they were both glad each other weren't dead. Morgan let out a huff of laughter at it as she got comfortable, letting a knee rest between Neron's legs and tangling herself in sheets and boyfriend; after the week she'd had, it was deserved.

He certainly had quite the tale. For the most part Morgan listened quietly til the end, at which point she pulled away enough to look into his eyes, needing to see how he reacted to her question: "How do you feel about how it all went as a whole? Was it...successful?" She certainly knew what she thought, but an assessment from someone else with another view of the happenings was valuable, especially if he felt differently.

As for her turn. Well, her story was less eventful. They had been in the Barracks, then they had to move. The only part she really elaborated on was Mara's ghost attempting to kill her, the demand for all of her blood. In a quieter voice, a confession, Morgan admitted: "I wished you were there. You would have had a good way of telling them no, I'm sure. You're good at speaking to people." Never had been a skill of hers.
Morgan
Base Code by Sky!
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Change author:
NERON
the hailstorm
Wrapped up in Morgan isn't a feeling that Neron is used to, and it's dangerous, how much he enjoys it. Even without the magic of the Ascended room at the Grounds, he finds himself relaxing into the blankets, lazy if not entirely able to sleep. Nonetheless, when Morgan looks up into his steel blue eyes, it's a keen mind that gazes back at her. "A win is a win, even if it's a burning pile of garbage," he says sweetly - there's that way with words she's accusing him of having.

"I believe it was successful in that it achieved the goal that Wessex had in mind. Was it a great success, though? Absolutely not." Leaning in, he kisses her forehead and lets his head loll back to hear how her LongNight had gone in comparison. Neron wrinkles his nose, and his grip on Morgan grows a bit tighter. "I am here now, at least." It's all he can offer, but he hopes it's enough. At least it's over, for now.
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:
Morgan couldn't help it - she laughed at his phrasing, and without her usual walls up in the comfy cuddle it was a pretty undignified snort and giggle. Shaking her head she looked up to the ceiling, a smile still on her lips as she listened to the rest of his evaluation. Hearing that it had achieved it's goals, she raised an eyebrow, not having gotten that impression herself. "Did it? I have no idea how many monsters there were, but it did not feel like we had eliminated them all."

He kissed her forehead, a positively ridiculous notion a few seasons ago, but now she just smiled and reached for his hand. "Yes. I have a lot of plans for the Citadel in the next season. I'm sure you will find it in you to help." By which she meant, he was going to help.

"I also wanted to ask you to take on something of a mission for me." Maybe this wasn't the place to discuss business, but their relationship had always been shaped by their relative positions to each other (wink). "We had a visitor, before Deepfrost, from a member of the Order...I never got to speak to him. I want to know why they're here. What they want."
Morgan
Base Code by Sky!
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Change author:
NERON
the hailstorm
"I'm not entirely sure how it all works myself," Neron confesses, pretending not to hear the little giggle and snort that he'll stash away in his memories. "As far as I understand it, the monsters shared some sort of hive mind. Perhaps we killed the key players, and the rest just rots away?" He shrugs one shoulder, but it's all guesswork - either way, he doesn't plan to be back at the Hollowed Grounds for next LongNight.

In fact, he doesn't plan to leave the Citadel for the foreseeable, especially when Morgan mentions her plans for the place, and his assistance in it. Twining his fingers with hers, Neron flashes a fanged smile down at her. "I will do what I can to help," he tells her, putting on his best charming noble impression.

As for the mission, Neron's gaze grows a little sharper as he considers business over pleasure (though he absolutely doesn't plan on going anywhere any time soon). "I have heard of them before. I think Loren met with them..." He nods slowly. "I will look into it and get you any information I can find... Tomorrow, though, if it's all the same to you."
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:
"That would be...convenient." Morgan thought it over and found that she didn't really believe it, though; things were rarely easy when it came to battles or to the supernatural. Still, they'd have to wait until next Deepfrost to find out; she wasn't sure she'd be rushing to help again unless she saw promises of a more organised force.

Their entwined fingers, the soft touch of his cold hands on hers, took Morgan on a tangent that she'd kept returning to; it was no secret that their relationship was strange, her more than a decade his senior and him immortal and ageless. She wanted to ask where he could see this going, if he thought he could do this for longer than the years they had before she began to go grey...but as subjects surrounding Neron seemed to cause lately, Morgan found that her lips wouldn't move. All she could do instead was run her thumb up and down over his, show her affection and the troubling amount of emotion in her chest when she thought of him.

With a smirk she nodded up at him, tuning back into his words. "That's fine. You are, after all, providing an important service to the Warden at the moment." It wouldn't be long before she fell asleep (Longnight had been too stressful to get much good rest and she could only stay awake so long on adrenaline and determination), and she'd need a good pillow.
Morgan
Base Code by Sky!
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Change author:
NERON
the hailstorm
It goes unspoken, but Neron is in full agreement with the Warden - he won't be rushing headlong into death and destruction either, thank you very much. No, he's already planning a very lazy LongNight for the next Deepfrost. Maybe he can persuade Morgan to lock herself away with him in some tower in the Palace, with wine and food and a crackling fire. It doesn't matter that only she will be able to enjoy it - Neron is content to enjoy it passively.

Perhaps it is his youth, ageless as he might be, that prevents similar thoughts to Morgan's from interrupting his comfort in the safety and privacy of her rooms. Either way, although her touch is less pleasurable than it might be if he weren't Ascended, Neron does draw enjoyment from it.

"I am? Well, I'll do my best to keep doing an exemplary job. You tell me if that ever changes, alright?" With a lopsided smile he settles back down into the blankets and pillows, his body registering the warmth and closeness that Morgan provides, and his emotions filling in the rest.
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:
"You think there's a chance I wouldn't tell you?" Morgan laughed, fixing him with a questioning look, a hark back to their sassy banter that had begun this whole thing, but quickly getting in close to be more comfortable too; she was too tired to prolong it for too long, and it was blissful to sleep in her bed with him after the week she'd had.

A last minute thought before she let herself slip away, she lazily flicked a hand towards the door to lock it; it would still be awfully awkward to have to explain to anyone why she was in bed with her Spymaster. One day, it would probably all have to come out, but ideally not while she was still recovering from a battle with monsters.

Not a minute after the click of the lock, she was asleep, arms lazily around Neron.

{FIN}
Morgan
Base Code by Sky!