they cannot destroy you
for Kiada <3
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
It's taken a lifetime to lose my way
All the wasted time on my hands turns to sand
An end and a beginning; renewal on the breadth of frozen air and sojourns across landscapes. Pathways thawed, passable, leant towards his movement, a General again permitted to leave the walls, the surroundings, the enclosures. No stagnant nature to his steps, no leisurely stroll to his savage pace, a bristling wake in the balm of Flowerbirth, in the arrival of potential and the survival of kin, of brethren – of a LongNight where they lived, instead of perished. Where they triumphed, instead of fell apart. He’d never known such a feat; not when he’d been immersed in the wakes of its doom and damnation.

There were two that followed him now. Zuriel in her haughty, imperial walk, not to be diminished or outdone, strolled behind him, long limbs matching his blistering march, and Belial, overhead, a flutter of blackened wings, curious and inquiring. A welcoming party; a return home, a way to ease the trials in the back of his mind, an impasse into whatever came their way next.

They came to the caves, familiar and gaping, elongated in their frigid wares – and he watched his breath plume, before dauntlessly standing near the portal. A waiting game now – and the beast would remain in his diligence, in his formidable expanse, a steady, stalwart statue, until the Harpy returned.
I'm fine in the fire
I feed on the friction
Kiada Njovu-Reyes
Hollowed Grounds Registrar

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
heroine, a grin made for war and eyes flecked with ash
The sun had begun to rise in Torchline and Kiada hadn’t skipped a beat when she was ready at the portal. Ready to leave, slip out from there before the sun began to beat down on t hem. The last thing she wanted was to get stuck there while burning under the sunlight. So she gets there – immediately slips into the portal – chooses Halo and emerges in the comfort and cold of the Fangs. She inhales a deep, cooling breath, though it does nothing for her outwardly. Internally it certainly steadies her, and when she opens her eyes again she sees Deimos.

All things considered, Kiada looks fine. Her clothes are worn, torn on the edges, and a bit dirty. But she’s clean and healed underneath, recovered the last few days in Torchline. And so it’s with that victory glimmering in her sharp iceberg gaze that she practically dances toward Deimos. “Hi.” She chimes when she finally reaches him, taking note of Zuriel as well, and something – someone else.

And she looks around again, another quick glance in search of Chulane, only to find nothing but the whispering winds of the Fangs biting at her unfeeling skin. So she steps forward, back to Deimos with arms outstretched, hugging herself to him in greeting and her happiness at being back home.
striding, powerful, into the arms of death
perhaps she will be the one you follow into battle
KIADA
Kiada has a large X scar on the right side of her neck.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Kiada, without killing her <3
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Eventually, his waiting ceased. In glimmers of lights and portals, in sojourns through tragedy and travesties and disasters, the Harpy emerged.

There was temptation to laugh as she strode through with every air, every nuance, as a triumphant, victorious warrior – and perhaps she was, given the circumstances, given the battles they’d forged, given the bizarre nuances, given the way they’d nearly been led to slaughter.

The relief cascaded off of him in waves, and even though she couldn’t feel it any longer, there must’ve been something tangible in the weight lifting off his shoulders, in the light smile curling in the corners of his mouth, in the promise of better days and evenings and some measure, some scale, of home. “Hi,” he billowed back, before taking her in his arms, settling her where she’d be comfortable, intending to start moving, already turning away from the Fangs’ adornments. Unicorn followed, and deer flew.

There were no you made it or you survived statements. Her presence was enough to justify the notion. “Are you all right?” exuded instead; because he needed to know. The reassurance, the entanglements, the wherewithal that she’d not been overcome.
I'm fine in the fire
I feed on the friction
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
She spies the light smile on his face and it’s mirrored on her own as she approaches, before she pulls away from the hug and falls into step beside him to begin the long trek back to the Citadel from the Fangs. Relief spreads through her, too, despite not having the attuned bond to share it with him. She can tell it’s there all the same, able to read the slight shifts, the twitches in his face. So the question is aired and she flashes him an amused grin.

I’m good, actually.” She tells him softly, peering down the path that they take. “I left a bit early, spent the last couple of days in Torchline.” She fiddles with the torn edge of her shirt, tilting her head back toward him with a rogue smirk that crosses her face. “I got teleported, I think, into the Labyrinth with Isla, Nate, and Adam.” She begins, hoping to catch his gaze, pausing in case he has any questions.

And she’s excited to talk about the adventure they’d had, even if it was rough.
KIADA
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Things had altered and changed since the last time she’d concocted battles during LongNight. These notions of victory, of triumph, nearly eroded those moments stretched, harsh, and unreeling from years ago, when dragons failed to do anything, and when Harpies couldn’t take their lost, loved ones. The feral notches of his smile remained for a moment, and a nod followed, proud, perhaps, as they began to walk out of the caves.

He didn’t need his rancor here. His regrets. His apprehension.

All for naught, and best to keep it that way.

“Go on,” he laughed, Zuriel bumping at his hand, and Belial overhead, angling slightly downwards, a careful perusal of Kiada in eerie, enigmatic deer quandaries. Into the labyrinth, warrens and mazes. It was clear she had more to tell, more to say, more to share, and for once they could share in a cavalcade of success, rather than the telltale plunge of hell and devastation. Something to savor, rather than deny.
I'm fine in the fire
I feed on the friction
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
There’s part of a smirk that forms on her face as they begin to walk, as she catches his gaze briefly and hears his laughter. It gets put to the back burner for now, however, as she begins to recall the story, peering up at the inquisitive flying deer just as it peers back at her. “A speaking squirrel had an eye in its hands. So we followed it.” She pauses, her grin faltering a fraction. “Something snuck up behind us. It looked like Sunjata. We took it down, Nate more so. I told them about Ru’in so we destroyed it. I think Isla called it a boggart.” A bit proud, that half smirk remaining on her face.

But it falters again, her hands coming up to help her gesture about this creature. “And then there was another monster… This one was bigger, looked like a beetle. We lost someone from it.” A shrug here, a pause in her story telling, to look at him with a grin. “It shot at me, but the armor worked pretty well. I slashed at it with a sword I borrowed from Nate and it began to change in on itself. So I turned into Chuy’s moose and Nate turned into a dragon and Isla turned into a manticore and we tried to knock it over.” She builds the story up, little by little, until her gaze flickers back to Deimos, wide and prepared.

But we couldn’t.
KIADA
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
An familiar arch to his brow followed at the mere notion of going after a speaking squirrel with an eye in its grubby little claws, but perhaps there’d been worse ideas, worse notions. A boggart appearing, likely from the depths of the Labyrinth was a consideration too – uncertain if he’d ever come across one. Taking it down, as a visual image of Sunjata, sounded somewhat satisfying, but he made no mention of it, listening instead to the proud lilt of her voice, to the ricocheting across the caves, and back into the expanse of the ivory world.

Within this fold, Belial was highlighted against the backdrop – stark, with his blackened wings and Stygian form – but Deimos was wholly occupied by the story, and introductions could wait. “Lost someone?” The monolith fought off the routine, residual wave of apprehension; pondering over the names Morgan had already given, wondering if they were simply one and the same. Or these were groupings, matched assemblages or different parameters, tied together only by this bizarre decision made by their indignant Queen.

Then there were shifts upon shifts, actions upon actions, and he muffled a laugh. The ending note though gave him pause, a tilt of his head, angling his eyes back to her. “So how was it defeated?”
I'm fine in the fire
I feed on the friction
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
Mhm.” She pauses as she tries to recall the man’s name, her head tilting slightly and her lips pursing just a fraction as they walk, as she tries to remember. “Ed…Edward? Edwyn?” She tosses out a few names before shrugging. She’d never met the man before, wondering if perhaps he’d shown up at some point while she’d been, well, dead. But that was beside the point, it was a loss of life regardless and Kiada selfishly is quite glad to know that it wasn’t her.

So they continue to walk and her gaze drifts between the path they take and the deer flying above, to the Sword at her side when he prompts her cliffhanger, a rogue smirk crossing her face with this when her iceberg gaze locks onto his. “Adam hopped on Isla’s back and I hopped onto Nates.” She pauses, smirking with victory. “I was pretty useless for it, to be honest, but! I got to ride a dragon and Nate electrocuted the hell out of it. And… Adam hopped onto the creatures back and stabbed at it a few times.” She huffs a laugh of disbelief, leaving it to Adam to make a show of it all.

Between all of us, Isla and Nate did the most work on it. And then it exploded and we landed. Isla went back to help with the rest of them and Adam, Nate, and I left for Torchline. We finished what we set out to do.” She shrugs, flashing him yet another proud grin.
KIADA
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
The name held no meaning for him – no matter how much his mind calculated and whirled, no face, no title, no heralding left to muster. So he shrugged, leaving it to impassivity and indifference. Thus far, the enamel of the dead hadn’t called to anything monumental – at least in his experiences and known individuals – and it was a bizarre feeling. LongNight had twisted the foundations so many times over, and they’d lost, lost, lost, that this turn had left him with so much apprehension and consternation. To not have it remaining, warring, in his soul was far more liberating than he’d realized. It wasn’t Kiada, or any number of friends.

His eyes wandered to Belial, clearly intending to invoke a game with Zuriel, and the unicorn’s mighty gestures of long-limbed movements and motions. But the attention returned back to the story, the one layered and lacquered with triumph – of Adam and Kiada riding into the storm with their brethren, huffing a laugh in return. He could envision the former going for glory and impetuousness all in one fell swoop.

“Congratulations,” was an offering from the Sword – of some measure dipped in glory, a smile that met his piercing eyes, dimpled cheeks beneath the beard. “Does that mean the whole mission was a success?” He didn’t know, uncertain of the parameters and particulars.
I'm fine in the fire
I feed on the friction
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
She watches the companions while they walk, suddenly missing the presence of Auni on the back of her mind. For now, however, she tries to replicate it as she watches the deer dart around, trying to distract Zuriel. She wonders what the unicorn makes of it, wonders how Deimos had managed to get yet another companion and what the story behind this little angel of death was.

But she’s finished her story and his smile is relieving as much as it is pleasing that she essentially beams back at him. “Thank you!” She chimes, spinning a little in the snow as if she’s about to bow after a theater play. She doesn’t, and it’s absolutely all for show and her childish nature finding a spark back within her from the success of LongNight.

As for overall? She doesn’t know, her shoulders rise and fall in a shrug as she catches his gaze again. “Not sure. All I know is we did our part and left.” That’s all she needed to know, really. Would she feel bad if it had failed because she hadn’t shown up for the rest of it? Probably not. So instead she juts her attention back onto the deer.

Who is this charming addition?” She asks with a playful grin.
KIADA
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
So she was fine (for now – a thread threatening to clamber over and through his mind – more to come on promises and omens of the past, in murmurs, in whispers, in moments aching to be spread apart). He still breathed, walked, lighter, swifter, realizing she’d likely be keen to return to the Citadel, and Chulane. The Harpy was one less figment for him to agonize over. One less moment of devastation. One less brutal, cruel swipe of disaster and deluge over the brim of his entity. Chimes and echoes, pictures of yesteryear in the flames, in the ice, in the rime. Returned, for minute instances, something to cherish and reflect upon and have before everything else shattered.

The uncertainty of the details surrounding the quest was a little questionable – but he wouldn’t put it past Wessex to not have shared anything surrounding the success. Perhaps it didn’t matter. Perhaps it did. Perhaps they could find other ways to overcome monsters in the dark. Or let them be, and no longer go to the damned Grounds in the baleful cry of LongNight.

Her attention deviated, wandering back to the deer, who seemed intent on making himself a display anyway. Despite his nuances and abilities to blend into the surroundings, for Deimos had seen him disappear multiple times now, in between nooks and crannies, in and amongst the stark ivory – he apparently yearned for attention. “Belial.” Library research, old books and texts, a mannerism of scholarly intuitions and intentions rather than experience this time, had brought forth the knowledge of just what the animal was. “A peryton, apparently.” A shrug followed through. “Found him by following a scream in the night.” A way to lure him – which was both stupid and unsurprising. “Turns out he was hunting and eating a ningo.” Carnivorous deer was a new concept, but there it was. Bound and tucked into his soul, shared again.
I'm fine in the fire
I feed on the friction
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
She’s had no word from Wessex about how the rest of it had gone, or whether or not the Ascended Queen knew of their disappearance during it, but she frankly doesn’t care. She had survived and that was all she wanted to do, to get her job done and go home. And so she did — at least as close to home as she could get given the portal system to Halo. But it had worked, she’d seen Hotaru, too, and all had not been a loss.

So her head angles toward the peryton, curious and enamored with the story that Deimos portrays. “Was he really?” She laughs while they walk, smirking as she tries to flag the attention of the deer so that she might be able to pet him and investigate him further while they continue to walk.

Oh, I met Hotaru in Torchline.” She offers before she can forget, casting a glance toward Deimos while she continues her attempts to gain Belial’s attention.
KIADA
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
He left the rest of the topic alone – in dredges and dregs, marooned and harpooned elsewhere. Instead, likely as Belial intended, the subject seemed to shift entirely to the flying deer, on inky, Stygian wings, on talons for hind feet, on the whims of yet another carnivorous thing in the Sword’s soul.

A sentiment of wild, untamed enthusiasm threaded through him, and it certainly wasn’t Deimos’ emotions, but that of the peryton. He glided down right before Kiada on a very daring, adamant, and audacious display, plumage flaring outward, striving to gauge a reaction. Fear? Maybe he yearned to be intimidating, to be daunting, to be perilous and terrifying.

Save for his size, which was quite a bit smaller than Zuriel.

To which the unicorn snorted, making her way over, not wanting to be left out of the participation in attention seeking. Her maw came to rest on Kiada’s shoulder while they walked, slowly proceeding back towards the Citadel.

The statement thereafter though caused the General’s wake to alter abruptly, head snaking and twisting back towards the Harpy, a stifled sort of breath sitting in his lungs. It pooled outward on warm plumes, and then came to rest in the annals of his ribs and heart. “How is she?” He identified the ruminations thereafter as relief - he’d known she was alive, but not where, not how.
I'm fine in the fire
I feed on the friction
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
Much to the young peryton’s dislike, she’s sure, the Harpy isn’t intimidated by his display — instead she grins wider at the plumage that appears, a grin that’s fanged and vibrant. “Oh, aren’t you something else.” She playfully chides, smirking when she looks back to Deimos and is surprised by Zuriel’s head on her shoulder.

Her hand automatically reaches up to caress the unicorns face while they continue their March, giving soft strokes and quiet promises of treats when she cleans herself up and meets them again. As for Hotaru, well, her smile grows softer as she considers it.

She seemed good, I think. We had a good cry. Sunjata told her I came back, I think, but you know… It always takes seeing for believing, doesn’t it?” The shoulder that Zuriel doesn’t occupy, shrugs with this.
KIADA