Mini Event this town has no room for you
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
leaving well enough alone is no choice of yours to make
guilty says the proof, this town has no room for you
It is slightly detrimental that he hasn’t exactly slept. But given the fact his home is destroyed on the inside once more (at least salvageable this time), there was a lot of work to do. The point of it, however, was to prevent more of it. And it had become the last straw, the last bit of everything piling up that he’s nothing but pent-up rage. He’s made his demands, made his request on the notice board, and he’d prepared. He’d sent letters and let Melita and Hotaru know what was happening, setting it into motion after setting the snare.

The Trials of Korofi were easy. Fitted with a dagger, no other weapons. Only your wit and ability could help you here. But Sunjata has other weapons under his skin, ones that he’s sure his father will account for – though, given the fact his father had slipped a gun into his first Trial, cheating isn’t beside the man. Among other things, too, it seemed.

It’s still dark by the time he arrives, the briefest glimmer of gold on the horizon beneath heavy clouds. Would it rain? Would it be like when he was seventeen and thrown into the mud pits to see if he’d survive? He supposes he’ll find out. So he stills himself, waiting, feeling the push and pull of the wind at his skin, over tattoos and through dark hair.

At least this time he’s as prepared as he can be.

WELCOME TO THE PARTY! This is a mini event for the Shaju/Sunjata showdown!! Please post within 24 hours if you want your character here to witness it! Aside from that, the main rules of the Trial are that nobody can intervene between the fight (given Sunjata and Shaju’s history with a Korofi rulebook) ;D

If you have any questions feel free to DM me!

Let the games beginnnn…
so look out, i fear they follow near
from the gallows you'll swing for all the kids to see
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
gladiator, picked a fight with the gods, i'm a giant slayer
Ronin is there.

Because of course Ronin is there.

The Star knows the rules of this twisted, dangerous game Sunjata is playing, and he knows better than to interfere. The most he can offer is silent support, and so he settles himself on a large, flat boulder some distance away from the edge of the cliff, to watch the sun rise and the Governor's silhouette grow ever darker.

There have been a lot of changes in Ronin's life as of late. Too many to count, too many to list here. But this is not about him, and so he swallows back all that he feels to rally himself, to keep his eyes sharp and his wits even sharper. Whatever happens, however this ends, he vows that he won't let his friend pick up the pieces alone. (If, indeed there are pieces to pick up).
bone shaker, dominator, freight train, wreckin' ball, i'm the gladiator
RONIN
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
If it's something I want
then it's something I need
Coming back from one of his many walks, Adam was about ready to collapse into the Advocates and pretend-sleep for a few hours (they really needed to get a house), but then some commotion on the coast took his interest. Once upon a time, he'd have gravitated towards this sort of thing in the hopes of pockets to pick, but Caido having no money to speak of had shifted him into just being a nosy weirdo.

He had no idea what the fuck was going on, but seeing Sunjata his interest was further piqued; Adam leaned back against a nearby rock, near to where Ronin was, and watched with a raised eyebrow. Jata looked pissed off, like he might be about to fight someone; did he have some beef to settle? Adam thought for one scandalised moment that the suspected divorce drama between Nate and Sunjata might have come to a head, but that seemed a bit extreme.

"Go on Jata! Beat their ass!" He yelled. If it was appropriate, he was being supportive. If it wasn't, it'd hopefully be funny.
I wasn't built for comfort
I was built for speed
ADAM
Base Code by Sky!
Ray Lunarium
Herbalist / Information Broker / Torchline Councilwoman

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 18 - Int:
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:

A panther in the night, a fire burning bright.

Ray arrived at Aumakua with a grim look on her face. She hated this entire situation and she personally wanted to rip Shaju to shreds. She wasn't particularly close with Sunjata, but s was on  friendly enough terms with him  that she tentatively could call him a friend. Or at the very least, a good acquaintance.  And Ray did not appreciate someone threatening he friends. If Sunjata, Gods forbid, lost, Ray would be furious. It was difficult enough knowing that she couldn't help if it was needed. But she respected Sunjata and the terms of the fight enough to stay out of it. Even if she wanted to punch Shaju.  Her network had told her all she needed to know about the man to know full well that he needed to die. Preferably, painfully. And so, Ray arrived, hopefully to watch it happen firsthand.

Choosing a rock she sat down near two men she was unfamiliar with who were also present to watch. She grit her teeth,  but chuckled when Adam cheered.  A grin came to her face and she let out her own. "Fuck 'em up Sunjata!"

r a y

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
—Albert Camus

Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
I don't trust nobody
Maeve wasn't particularly fond of confrontation, but this was something entirely too big to ignore. Even if she would care to, the other Torchers would be talking about it for days to come. So she might as well be there to see what happened. Spotting Adam and the gentleman who had helped her days prior, Maeve made her way over to the more familiar of the two. She bumped Adam's hip with her own before finding a perch beside his shoulder instead.

She doesn't cheer or call out. Instead her eyes scan the growing crowd before settling on Sunjata and the battlefield that was soon to come. Hopefully things wouldn't get too bad, but she knew better than to really believe that would be the case.
and nobody trusts me

Maeve
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Zombeikid Offline
Change author:
MP: 630
i don't mind compassion
This is the kinda shit he digs. Fights and big bombastic displays of masculinity. Or something of that nature. Honestly, he hasn't really been paying attention to what's been going on. Sure he know Sunjata was in hot water but he didn't really care. And now he'd challenged someone else to a fight? Locke wasn't going to miss it. There's already a little crowd forming and he doesn't really recognize anyone save for Maeve. But he just kind of hangs back near the edge of the group. He's got a good view point from where he is and that's all he cares about. Doesn't even really care who wins as long as he gets a show.
just not on my dime
LOCKE
Neos Rivetter
Explorer/Storyteller

Age: 33 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 2 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Tesability Offline
Change author:
MP: 360
NEOS
I have but one thing
I wanna say to you
A lion, of all things, paws up to the edge of the would-be arena for something that he had felt stirring in the air since the wedding, something that had him on edge that he could not put a full paw upon. Seeing the note on the Notice Board, Neos had kept his other mind on full alert while he pretended to be going about his daily routine. The fact Gemini cooperate for now worried him, but there was one worry to process at a time.

When the sun rose, however, he became thankful for being an early riser and ran up to the place of this 'Trial', and while he didn't know what that was, he would recognize the makings of a deadly duel when he saw one. Once upon the edge of the battle grounds, as close as observers are allowed to be, the lion sat upon the ground, green eyes watching the battlefield.

I don't know the rules of a Trial, but I know a duel when I see one. Good luck, Neos projected through the bond between Attuned towards Sunjata, a small, but visible nod coming from the large creature.

This figure, your father, unnerves me as well, may the blade we see in your hand strike deep and true.
RAWR
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 57 - Dext: 58 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 57 - Int: 1
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
Melita
I never had a chance to be soft
I was always bloody knuckles
Oh grand, another shitshow.

Melita had received the note. Had sighed. Had contemplated stopping him entirely, and then opting out of that motion and notion with a shake of her head. She wasn’t certain what else could be done (and when had all of this transpired with Nate?) other than some epic, grand, dramatic showdown.

If anything went through, or happened at all.

So the youth gathered her weapons, armed, locked, and loaded. She had no intentions or thoughts on carrying out the deed herself – but was certainly there, in force and with might and precision, in case her uncle needed it.

Seriously though, where was Nate?

And sure enough, by the time she arrived, the Flood had already gained some audience members. She drew alongside Ronin, but made no gesture, no movement, otherwise. Her stance and presence would likely say enough.
and shards of glass
I wanted people to be afraid of hurting me
Juniper Dubois
the Amberwing
Diplomat

Age: 57 | Height: 4'8 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Bees Offline
Change author:
MP: 1749
JUNIPER
you think i'm happy because i'm smiling,
but it's the easiest thing to do
Juniper wasn't sure what was happening in Torchline these days -- she'd meant to keep up more, but things kept getting in the way, with LongNight and all ... But news of a mob storming the Governor's house could hardly fail to catch her attention. It seemed a pity that things had turned so sour for Sunjata relatively soon after his wedding -- and, more pertinently, if power was shifting in Torchline, the Fae needed to know. Juniper counted Sunjata as an ally, with their agreement for mutual justice. If he lost his post -- or, gods forbid, his life -- she would need to speak to his successor.

Even with her poor understanding of recent events, she could smell a climactic confrontation when she read the note on the Notice Board. So she came, feeling eyes on her, a Fae out of place. She approached Sunjata quietly, giving him a respectful nod. "Governor. May the gods smile upon you."

Her greeting and well-wishes offered, she moved to the edge of what she assumed would be the dueling ring. She had no intention of interfering, of course, but she needed to watch, needed to witness what would happen here.
if you looked a little closer,
you'd find my eyes aren't smiling too.

table by Skylark
Theo Caldwell
Grifter

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 2 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Bees Offline
Change author:
MP: 1749

Theo loved crowds, and he loved fights -- watching them, at least; he did not want to actually be in fights, ever. But the crowd drawn for this fight looked ripe for some pickpocketing, and how could Theo refuse such an open invitation?

After he'd worked over the crowd a bit, grabbing several nice trinkets, he decided to change his game. Finding a position near the back of the spectators, he called, "Bets, anyone? Anyone want to make a little wager?"

Of course, Theo didn't plan to be around to pay any wagers he lost -- but if he won, well, wouldn't that just be delightful.

Theo

"Poker" by ND Strupler is licensed with CC BY 2.0.
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 38 - Dext: 38 - Endr: 54 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
Hotaru
By the time she arrives, there is already a gathered crowd. While she has no desire to stop Sunjata - not if it means ensuring Nate's safety and dealing with Shaju once and for all - her heart remains in her throat all the same. Her beloved is strong beyond measure, but will be able to make that final blow if it comes to it? Will he be the same in the end, if he does? He would never forgive her for intervening, for taking that burden from his shoulders, and yet she longs to do so all the same.

At least she can comfort herself with the knowledge that Kiada is safe. One less burden of worry on her mind as she and Atlas thread through the growing crowd to the inner circle. A few call out their verbal support, but Hotaru cannot find it in herself to do the same. Whether it is because her voice is choked with trepidation or because she is reluctant even now to reveal her connection to him even with the showdown imminent is unclear. Instead she makes herself easily visible, gaze unwavering as she tries to convey her love and support from the sidelines.
I'm ready to hope, swing me out of the low
Wide awake in the glow, I can't do this alone
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
WESSEX
Passing through Haulani on the way back from the Undergrove (yes, she returned the bow to its owners), the Wraith can’t help but notice a hell of a lot of commotion out on Aumakua. Following the crowd, she finds herself listening in to bits and pieces, whispers of an unfamiliar name, Sunjata, and something about the Trials of Korofi.

Cryptic. Intriguing. She knows nothing of the Governor’s tribulations of late, only that he is her friend if not ally and Guildmate and deserves her support.

Shouldering her way through from the back, Wessex lodges herself casually near Adam, with a nod to the recently returned. “So what’s this about?” she asks lightly, whilst scanning the crowd. “And where’s Nate?” A third question pauses on the tip of her lips as she spots a blond head.

Hotaru. Alive and well, or so it seemed.
No, I’ll be the stone
I’ll be the hunter, a tower that casts the shade
I lie awake and watch it all
Rigby Arcara
Street Urchin

Age: 25 | Height: 6' 1" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Chachy Offline
Change author:
MP: 1615
i'm really not so with you anymore
Not long ago Rigby had walked in on a very similar scene, though this one had less dragons and less burning buildings. He couldn't claim to know what or why was going on, all he knew was that he'd finally made it back to Torchline from his unplanned adventure to the fucking tar pits and walked in on a showdown.

Most of the faces among the crowd were unfamiliar, though there were a few he could name. Maeve, his unfortunate travel buddy who he'd split up with when they'd reached the grounds, Sunjata... maybe less than a few, though some rung a bell. He hung back at the edge of the crowd, clambering to the top of a boulder and seating himself down and striking a match.
i'm just a ghost
RIGBY
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
you're falling further down
Aurelia saw the notice left on the board for everyone to see, a call-out in plain view. So it's Kane. A shock to her, she hadn't had the slightest clue. No matter, if this really is Sunjata's father, from what he's told her of the man, then this is a fight he needs to win. She'll be here to watch it happen, too. And should he dare to lose? Well, judging by the throng of loyal followers, escape will be much harder for the Flood's father in that case.

Aurelia makes no move to call or reach out to him, not yet. Others already are, and she's quite familiar with the Torchliners seeking justice - in some way or another. Maybe today is the today they get their wish.

So when one very familiar man comes out of the woodworks to announce that he's taking bets, and the random (read: NPC) Torchers around him seem to garner interest in that, Aurelia saunters up with a dark grin on her face. She places a heavy hand on Theo's shoulder and tilts her head a little, a thin veil for her anger.

"Yeah, take your bets! And if any of you wager against Sunjata? Well, let's just say I'll want to know why." A subtle threat, but she hopes it's enough to have any potential betters fuck right off. Nice try, Theo.
but I've got you by a thread
Aurelia
code credits go to Skylark!<3